welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

Why we lose - Pagina 4 Empty Re: Why we lose

wo mei 16, 2018 11:08 pm
The hand on top of hers, placed a frown on the woman’s face. It was rare for anyone to be this close to her. She had held her social contacts strictly business and the only one in recent years who had gotten past that, was Romeo. Who she had shared a drink with last night and actually learned to put some trust in. He had shown her that it was okay to enjoy her time. Okay to laugh, to live rather than to survive. And now there was this guy. This… vampire who she had just met. A part of her wanted to instinctively pull back her hand, but instead she just sat there. Quietly. Staring.

The words of the vampire came through. He told her about his own goals, about how he had lost someone dear to him and how he wanted to find them again. He went on about how their deaths wouldn’t be needless and Lexa closed her eyes, fought against the visuals that tortured her. When she opened her eyes again, she looked at him again. “You are right,” she gave him. She sighed, looked at his hand again. As if she couldn’t believe the support was actually there. For once. For once she was supported, rather than her people. It was as if she had forgotten that she was an actual human being until she left Vanaheim. “But sadly, that does not make it any easier.” She would do it. She would go through it and give the people what they wanted. And from there, all she could do was hope that the boy or girl that would end up being Commander, would follow her lead.
victory stands on the back of sacrifice
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

wo mei 16, 2018 11:35 pm

THE HEART IS BEAUTIFUL
the mind is where the beast lives

Again, his touch seemed to make her tense up a bit and freeze. The frown on her face made him almost pull back, but he kept his hand where it was as well. If it had really been an issue, she would have probably done that herself by now. Sometimes he could be too direct with his affection. It was his way of supporting. He didn’t know any other way. His advice, though well-meant, wasn’t always the best advise to follow. So he supported in other ways. She seemed to accept it though.

When she opened her eyes, she looked at him again. “You are right,” She said. “But sadly, that does not make it any easier.” She continued. He exhaled through his nose. There was nothing he could say, because now she was speaking the truth. He softly squeezed her hand and then placed it back on the table in front of him. ”I know it doesn’t. But sometimes taking the difficult path leads to the most satisfying results”, He said softly. Maybe he had read that somewhere. But he had found consolation in it. So she might too.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:20 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo mei 16, 2018 11:50 pm
The soft squeeze in her hand caused the Commander to bite her lip. Strange. It actually felt reassuring. Her gaze found its way to his eyes again as he spoke. His words made sense, had been what she had been looking for. She nodded, unsure what to say at this moment. She had talked a lot today, har poured her heart on the table for this… this stranger. It had not been the plan and it probably shouldn’t have happened either. Her eyes were fixed on her hand again, which was now simply placed on the table. It was strange how it had actually felt comforting, even if short.

You are a good man,” the Commander spoke, before looking at him again. A slight frown appeared on her face as she seemed to almost inspect him. “I don’t think I have ever shared that story in full before,” she murmured, more to herself than to him. She picked up the glass again and finished the water, before putting it down on the table again and tapping her fingers against it. She was left without words after speaking so much tonight. It made her slightly uncomfortable, yet another feeling she was not used to.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 17, 2018 12:05 am

THE HEART IS BEAUTIFUL

After she had helped him with his little issue, he was glad that he could return the favour. He was unsure of the reason why she trusted him with all of this information. But he hoped he could make a difference. That she would feel slightly better and have a better idea as to how she could fix it. The future was unsure, therefore scary. And so much depended on her success. If she could change the mind of the next Commander, she would change the mind of a whole nation. Making the world a better place. It was huge, so he understood her worry and doubt.

“You are a good man,” She said. Mort chuckled softly, while shaking his head slightly. ”No, I was just raised well”, He objected. “I don’t think I have ever shared that story in full before,” She then admitted, finishing her drink. ”I’m honoured I was the one to hear it first”, He said warmly. He truly was. It had to be hard to be vulnerable in front of a stranger, but she had done just that. ”Want to get out of here? I know something that we could do to get your mind off of it, if you allow me”, He suggested. In that way, she could have some closure on this conversation.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do mei 17, 2018 12:28 am

He was raised well. That was his reason. Lexa chuckled, shaking her head as she took these words in. No one became a good person just by being raised well. “You’re good, Mort. Take the compliment,” she smiled. She honestly believed that the man in front of her was a good person. No one was truly good, of course. They all had their quirks and negative traits. But, his heart was clearly there. He had shown her that he was worth the trust and she would not forget that.

When he asked her if she wanted to get out of here, she raised a brow. That was… quite sudden. “Sounds good to me,” she decided to answer after thinking it through for a quick second. She had a few until she’d have to go again, so she could spend that time with him if he could actually manage to take her mind off of things. She took his glass, drank the water that was in there and took out a few coins to put on the table, next to the glasses. That should be more than enough. She stood up and raised her brows at the young vampire. “After you.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 17, 2018 12:37 am

THE HEART IS BEAUTIFUL

As a vampire, he didn’t need sleep, and he enjoyed being outside at night. For all the obvious reasons. Some of the stereotypes still applied to him. There were also less people around, which made it easer to avoid biting random innocent people. It gave him a chance to really enjoy being in a new place. So he had discovered something he now wanted to share with her. When they got outside, he looked around to orientate himself, then he lead her through the streets. Eventually they ended up in front of a wall. Behind it, there was a beautiful garden. And there was a pond. The most important thing though, were the ducks in it. More specifically the ducklings.

With ease and the use of his vampire abilities, he climbed on top of the wall. He sat on top of it, one leg on each side, and stretched out his hand. That way, he could help her climb over it as well. It wasn’t that high, he was pretty sure she could manage it on her own if she wanted, but he was being polite. On the other side, he jumped down, landing in the grass. ”This way”, He said, his voice trembling with withheld enthusiasm. Next to the water he sat down, crossing his legs. ”Now we wait”, He whispered softly, looking at the plants that were growing on the banks. If they were quiet for a second, he was sure the mother duck would come out with her ducklings. They had done so every night he had come here anyways.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do mei 17, 2018 12:57 am
There were many things she could have expected. A walk across the water, an actually enjoyable bar, his home, whatever it could be. But, this definitely wasn’t what she had expected. He had brought her to a garden. It was absolutely stunning. So different from what you’d see in Vanaheim, where purpose overruled looks. She accepted his help, but managed to get up on the wall as smoothly as you’d expect. She followed his lead and jumped down on the other side, until he sat down next to the water.

‘Now we wait,’ the vampire spoke. Lexa sat down next to him, raised a brow. He had whispered, which would have made her suspicious if it had been anyone but him. Luckily for her, Mort had nothing suspicious about him, so she just wondered what it was that they were waiting for. “So this is where you go at night?” she whispered to him, needing to put in some effort to not chuckle. There they sat. The Commander and the Vampire. In a damned garden. It sounded like the start of a bad joke.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 17, 2018 1:08 am

THE HEART IS BEAUTIFUL

This garden seemed to be private property, but he had never ran into anyone here. It also didn’t smell like it had been visited recently except for him. The many flowers that were growing here, could mask the scent though. But he was pretty convinced no one would bother to chase them off. It was getting late anyways, probably the owners were getting ready for bed. The sun hadn’t completely set yet, but the dusk was slowly setting in. “So this is where you go at night?” Lexa asked him quietly while they were waiting. The vampire nodded. ”I don’t sleep so I got a lot of time to explore”, He replied, leaning a bit towards her so she could understand him clearly.

After a few more minutes, finally the mother duck emerged from the shrubs. He softly grabbed her upper arm, nodding at the duck. A few seconds later, at least six or seven ducklings followed her lead. Softly quacking they dabbled around on the water. Mort almost melted on the spot, a warm smile settling around his lips. ”Aren’t they fucking adorable”, He sighed. He let go of her arm, putting it in the grass to lean back a bit so he could enjoy the scenery.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do mei 17, 2018 1:17 am
You actually don’t sleep?” The woman frowned. That seemed like… She’d hate it. Sleep was not just physical. It helped to end the day, start a new one. Get rid of the bad thoughts of the day and start the next fresh and awakened. She couldn’t imagine living without it. She leaned a bit closer as well so she could hear his answer without being loud and alarming whatever it was they were waiting for.

And there it was. Absolutely not what she expected. Her upper arm got grabbed and the vampire nodded at… a duck. Instead of looking at the duck, the Commander had her eyes laid upon the Vampire. He seemed to melt and sighed how fucking adorable they were. Her arm was released and she held her hand in front of her mouth, struggling not to laugh. “I swear to God you might be the most adorable vampire I’ll meet,” she laughed, trying to be silent to not alarm the duck. For the love of the Mother. She ended up sitting in a garden with a vampire who liked to look at ducks.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 17, 2018 1:27 am

THE HEART IS BEAUTIFUL

They both were learning a lot of things today. He learned more about her, Vanaheim, the people that lived there, their culture. She learned about vampires. How they could be entirely different than the monsters people feared so much. And, apparently, that they didn’t sleep. ”I could if I wanted to, it’s just not necessary. I don’t get tired”, He replied hushfully. Just like he didn’t need human food. It had no benefit, so he rarely went to bed. Sometimes out of boredom. But this place was full of fun things to discover and he wanted to enjoy all of it.

So he was happy to share the moment with her. Eventually, the mother duck came out of hiding, and soon her ducklings followed. But Lexa wasn’t paying full attention to it. She was looking at him, for some inexplicable reason. “I swear to God you might be the most adorable vampire I’ll meet,” She said, which now made him tear his focus away from the animals. Blue eyes found hers, visibly confused. ”I’m what now?” He exclaimed wonder-struck. ”You’re crazy”, He concluded. Yes. After all she had told him tonight, this was the moment where he decided she was a lunatic.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do mei 17, 2018 1:38 am

He could sleep if he wanted to. Okay, that was better. “I think I’d die if I wouldn’t be able to close my days with some well deserved rest,” she told him. Joke unintended. She needed her sleep more mentally than that she physically needed it, so she was sure that if she was a vampire (which would clearly never happen) she’d still sleep every night. Or at least as often as life (or the lack thereof) would allow her to.

Mort seemed surprised at her amusement, but Lexa couldn’t really help it. The confusion in his eyes just made things better and she had to keep her hand in front of her mouth to not scare away the poor ducks with her laughter. “I don’t know if I am the crazy one here,” she managed to speak in between laughter. “Meet a vampire and he takes you to watch damn ducks. I swear my life is a joke,” she spoke after, though the amused smile didn’t disappear. No… It was good. She was enjoying herself. The Conclave and all the problems around it seemed so far away now.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 17, 2018 1:48 am

THE HEART IS BEAUTIFUL

Of course she had a point. He hadn’t really spent so much thought on it, as it wasn’t his perspective anymore. There were hours where he just sat down somewhere without really doing anything. Just relaxing, resting. He didn’t need sleep for that either. Sometimes he missed it though. Being human, having human needs. Enjoying a good meal, having the best night of sleep after being restless for a couple of nights. ”Well lucky for you, you’re not like me then. Cause I can’t do both of those things, sleeping or dying”, He chuckled softly. After that he bit his tongue, to stop himself from making noise. Otherwise the ducks wouldn’t come out!

It didn’t take long for Lexa to burst out into laughter. She tried real hard to be as quiet as possible, but the ducklings were startled by the sound. They scuttled towards their mother, who took them to a the opposite side of the pond. Sad. Mort crossed his arms and fixed her with vivid blue eyes. ”It is not. You should be grateful, not calling me adorable or crazy”, He said, as seriously as he could, but eventually he started laughing too. He put his hands in his lap, inhaling the scents of the garden when he regained control over his laughter.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do mei 17, 2018 1:57 am
The big, bad Commander had startled the poor ducks, frightened them. She had seemed like a complete monster to these defenceless creatures, who quickly rushed to their guardian (their mother), before she lured them to a safer place, away from this laughing maniac. Who, by the way, had to really keep it quiet. The vampire crossed his arms and told her she should be grateful, but he too started to laugh. When she had managed to get back her senses, she shook her head and leaned back a little.

You truly are a strange one, aren’t you?” she asked him, raising a brow. “I don’t think anyone has ever taken me to see some ducklings, I am sorry.” She chuckled and nodded towards the ducklings, who seemed to be keeping their distance now. Smart creatures after all. “And I chased them away,” she sighed dramatically. Now what were they going to stare at?
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 17, 2018 2:07 am

THE HEART IS BEAUTIFUL

His attempt to sound stern, failed miserably. Yes, she had scared away the ducks with her laughter. But he had achieved his goal. She was laughing, getting all that negative energy out of her and replacing it with something positive. “You truly are a strange one, aren’t you?” She asked him. He only shrugged. She might be right. He couldn’t know. He didn’t really know many people to determine what was strange and what was not. He also didn’t perceive it as something bad. Because it obviously wasn’t. She wouldn’t stay here, sitting with him, if it was, right?

“I don’t think anyone has ever taken me to see some ducklings, I am sorry.” She chuckled, after which she nodded to the tiny creatures. “And I chased them away,” She sighed. Mort rolled his eyes at her. ”Yeah you did. How dare you”, He replied. Causing a scene would sure lure them back. ”I should push you in the water just for my own entertainment, since you ruined duck-watching”, He said, looking at her as if he was really considering it. What else was he supposed to do all night?

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do mei 17, 2018 2:15 am
How dare she. Lexa shrugged. She wanted to answer, but his next answer made her frown. He looked serious… Was he? Her eyes widened and she gave him a little push in the upper arm, playfully. “I swear to the Mother if you do that I am taking you with me,” she told him. She squinted, looking at him through her eyelashes. “You better not,” she still tried. He wouldn’t. Right? He absolutely was not planning to throw her into the water. Nah, he was just bluffing. The woman rolled her eyes and put most of her weight on one arm, leaning towards him a bit.

You should just find us something else interesting enough to look at for the night,” she tried, as a grin appeared on her face. She had to save herself in a way, right? Who knows what else he had in this garden! Anything sounded better than ending up in the damn water.
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: