welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

Here with you Empty Here with you

vr mei 18, 2018 12:27 am

FELT LIKE A SECRET
collecting all your different pieces

From the moment Kaspian had left for Archeon, he had decided to make a little trip to Mother’s Heart. His brother had convinced him he had to make his journey alone, and though it had stressed him out to see him go so soon after he had been reunited with him, he had not protested. The other was a grown man now, he could make decisions on his own. He probably knew what was best for him, and Mort only wanted to support him in every way it could. Even if that meant worrying about him for the upcoming two weeks while he was handling his business in Valyria.

But now, he had time to kill. Again. And he kind of needed some distraction from the worries. So what would be a better idea to pay a visit to Vanaheim? After asking around a bit, someone had given him a map with the current location of Mother’s Heart, the capital of Vanaheim and also it’s only city. Being a vampire, distance was no issue at all. It had taken him exactly one night and a good portion of the next day to run all the way there. And now he was standing about 50 meters away from the gate.

Some guards were standing around, joined by a hunting party that was about to leave. But Mort didn’t doubt a second, put a smile on his face and approached the group of eight heavily armed angry-looking people. They were not pleased at all. Before he could open his mouth to greet them, a few weapons were pulled out of their holders. Not immediately pointed at him, but it slowed him down for sure. ”What’s your deal?” Someone asked, a grumpy tone in his voice. He did not get the time to answer. ”Fuck off to where you came from, boy”, Another snarled at him, taking a step towards him and lifting his sword. He hadn’t exactly expected a warm welcome, but this.. He hadn’t prepared for this either, to be honest.

&Lexa

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:18 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

Here with you Empty Re: Here with you

vr mei 18, 2018 12:40 am
We're standing face-to-face
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
The Commander sat on the table, her eyes fixed on the mountainlion who was slowly walking back and forth, clearly more restless today than usual. More often than not, it meant a storm would follow. Lexa had sent out some extra hunters for the day so everyone would have plenty of food, just in case the storm would keep them locked up in the village for more than a day. The woman herself had not made any plans for the day yet. She had thought of visiting an old friend of hers, but she also knew that maybe she had to make plans for the following conclave. Find out which children were going to participate and how many would be left after it had finally happened

‘Commander!’ When a young woman came running in, Lexa raised a brow. It was rare for someone to make their way in without a bow, without any sign of respect. ‘There’s a stranger at the gate and the hunters were just about to leave.’ Lexa took the bridge of her nose in between her thumb and index finger, clearly not pleased with these words. Her hunters were not known for their ability to… well… use their brain. “Let me guess,” the Commander sighed. She didn’t even need an answer. If she wanted this to end without bloodshed, she needed to go take a look.

Luckily, the village wasn’t big and in no-time the woman had made her way past the gates. “You’re not a guard and you will never be. Leave, before I’ll have your head on a pike,” she told the hunter who was in charge. He opened his mouth to complain, but the woman raised her hand. “A guest of mine is to be welcomed with open arms, am I understood?” Her voice was strict, almost as if she was talking to a child. ‘But c-’ the man started. “Am I understood?” she repeated, moving her hand to her sword. ‘Yes, Commander. We’re leaving.’

A sigh sounded as the hunter told his party to follow him and the guards moved back to their positions at the gate, so the Commander could finally turn her gaze to the man. “You could have let me know you were coming,” she told the vampire with a slight smile. Though in all honesty, she didn’t think his welcome would have been any different.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr mei 18, 2018 12:51 am

FELT LIKE A SECRET

The mood around the camp was very hostile. Mort could surely handle himself in a fight, or at least not get hurt too badly. But only if he had to. It seemed like he would have to defend himself though, as the group was slowly closing in on him. The vampire noticed footsteps approaching. A fierce looking woman pushed herself through the men, and everyone’s attention immediately shifted towards her. She looked like someone who was used to being in charge, and everyone around her waited in anticipation of what she was going to say. It took Mort a few seconds to realise this woman was Lexa. In her natural habitat, obviously. The paint had made it hard to recognise her. She was nothing like the broken woman that had sat before him at the bar, nor the vulnerable woman he had shared his fire with.

It looked like the ‘leader’ of the group was not all too pleased with her commands. The extent of how close-minded they were to outsiders was now all very clearly displayed. She quickly took control over the situation though, sending the hunters on their way into the forest and the guards back to the gates. After that, she shifted her attention to him. “You could have let me know you were coming,” She said with a soft smile. ”I think I would have outrun the bird carrying my message”, He shrugged, keeping his voice down so only she could hear his words.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

vr mei 18, 2018 12:58 am
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
The Commander hoped that one day, her people would accept strangers into their village. Even those on business were often stopped, chased away if their business was not wanted. They forgot that these people were just that: people. People who tried to live their lives and did not judge the savages, actually went out of their way to do business with them. Her people went out of their way to ruin it then, doing exactly what they hated when it was done to them.

‘I think I would have outrun the bird carrying my message,’ the vampire spoke and Lexa showed him a slight smile, before she placed her hands on her upper legs. She made a short bow for him, her face towards the ground as she opened her mouth. “I am sorry for the harsh welcome,” she told him, before straightening her back again and taking a quick look at him, at his clothes. He seemed fine, so she must have arrived on time. That was promising, at least. “I am afraid my people are… well… you are aware,” she went on, shaking her head slowly. She tried.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr mei 18, 2018 1:07 am

FELT LIKE A SECRET

For a second it had looked very bad for him. He should’ve known better. She had warned him enough for him to conclude he shouldn’t be running towards the gates of her city without expecting trouble. At least he had thought the guards would take a minute to listen to him, even though he was a stranger. But boy had he been wrong. Luckily for him she had shown up in time. He could avoid getting killed probably long enough to come up with an escape plan, but not without exposing his true nature. And he knew he shouldn’t be doing that, and especially not here.

That’s why he kept his voice low when answering her question. She proceeded to bow to him, excusing herself for the actions of her people. Everything was far more serious now, as she had slipped into this part of her personality he was not used to. She was truly a Commander now. So naturally, he folded his hands behind his back and bowed as well. ”No need to worry. They were just doing their job.. With a lot of passion”, He replied, joking around like she would expect from him by now.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

vr mei 18, 2018 1:16 am
with our own human race
When Mort bowed too, she shook her head slowly. “It is not their job to keep strangers out. It is their job to keep trouble out and I will make sure they get to hear the difference in our next meeting,” she spoke. A bit louder than before, so the guards behind her could hear her words. She was not done with them yet, but for now… she had something else to focus on. A visit that would have made her heart jump a bit, had she not needed to become strictly business as soon as she knew he was here.

How about we go for a short walk? It will be more peaceful than the village,” she smiled, before she started walking away from the gates. She would have offered him a drink first, but, he didn’t drink anything that didn’t involve people, so the village didn’t have anything to offer him anyhow. The only difference was that she could give her people some time to accept the fact that they saw their Commander walk around with a stranger for the second time in such a short timespan. She was lucky that they didn’t see that both of them had been vampires, or she might have needed to defend them a whole lot more than she already did.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr mei 18, 2018 1:26 am

FELT LIKE A SECRET

It was interesting to see how different she was behaving and carrying herself when she was home. In Rhoynar, he had seen just a glimpse of it when they were in the alley together. But it suited her. If he hadn’t known the face behind the paint, he would probably not dare to approach her. At the same time, he wanted to get to know the person she was. All of her. It was as if he was meeting her for the first time again. Luckily they skipped the part where she was threatening him with a knife this time though. Even more, she was defending him now. Her words made his blue eyes shoot to the guards and back. He sure as hell knew he didn’t want to be in their place, on the receiving end of her admonition later.

The vampire followed her when she suggested taking a walk. From the moment he could only hear her heartbeat (and those of some animals nearby), he dared to speak up again. ”I almost hadn’t recognised you at first, with the paint and all”, He mentioned with a little grin. In the meantime, he was taking in the environment. The dense forest was feeling alive, and he felt good being surrounded by it.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

vr mei 18, 2018 1:35 am
with our own human race
With her hands behind her back, the woman had walked. She did not speak up until the vampire did. It was only then that she realised she must indeed look different than she had done in Rhoynar. She stopped walking, raising a brow. It was not even just the clothing, where the coat was the biggest difference, just as how obvious her weapons were. The two swords on her sides were ready at any time and she would not hesitate to actually put them to use. But, it was not only that. The way she walked, the way she spoke… Vanaheim was her home and the place where the woman had always needed to put aside all of her fears, her anxieties. Here she had to be strong. And that was exactly the way she seemed.

For a second her fingers moved to the paint on her face, after which she smiled. “It would draw unwanted attention if I dressed like this in Rhoynar,” she smiled. She kept walking. Not because she felt like they had to go further, but because she was taking him to a place closeby where she came more often. A place to sit down. “I am pleased to see you, Mort. I am hoping it is strictly leisure, or do you have business here as well?” She had to ask. Though, the question that had been burning within her had sounded a bit different.

Did you come all this way just to see me?

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr mei 18, 2018 1:46 am

FELT LIKE A SECRET

His observation almost seemed like to come as a surprise to her. She was probably unaware of how different she was. He had seen a completely other side of her, and the contrast was hard to miss. There was still that attitude, a vibe that surrounded her with a clear message she was not one to be messed with. Even without the obvious weapons strapped to her side she had given him that impression. But he did not fear her. He knew he was safe with her, and he could trust her. ”Undoubtedly. It would also have caused me to have a heart attack, if I had an actual beating one”, He replied with a smirk.

Her next question kind of overwhelmed him. Well fuck. He didn’t really have an explanation.. He had come here just because he could. It took him a bit longer than expected to construct a clear answer. ”When you left, I fixed my.. Little issue”, He started off, giving her a look that would probably explain what he was referring to. ”Then I got everything else settled and I found myself having a lot of free time”, He continued. ”So I figured, why not come and see how you are doing?” He smiled innocently. She would probably call him crazy again. Who would travel that far just to check upon someone? They had ravens for that..

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

vr mei 18, 2018 2:01 am
with our own human race
Mort told her she would have given him a heart attack if that was actually possible. She rolled her eyes, but the smile stayed on her face. “That, and it seems to encourage drunk men to try and fight me. Which generally does not end pretty,” the Commander sighed. Put a girl with a sword in that forsaken country and they would try to take it away from her, as if she would be unable to handle it. It took every nerve of her body to not cut their throats right there, so she decided to just get out of her comfort zone and take off her mask. Both figuratively and literally, as she felt weak without. As dumb as it sounded.

Mort explained to her that he had fixed his issue and she smiled. “That’s good to hear,” she responded. She was glad. The reason they ended up talking, after all, was because he had been struggling with his bloodlust. Without thinking about it, she looked at her hand. Even though it was covered with a glove, she could almost feel the bite again. It was a feeling that she would not soon forget, that much was sure.

Mort went on and said he had ended up with a lot of free time. So why not visit. Another smile, this time somewhat shyly. “I am glad,” she answered, before she stopped walking. In front of them was an area she often visited when she needed some time alone. There wasn’t much, but what else was there to be expected of Vanaheim. There was a bench on the side of a small field, simply carved out of a tree stump. A slight smile appeared on her face. This was where she came when she was younger. Trained with her teachers. “There are no ducks, but at least we are free from any hostility here.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr mei 18, 2018 2:18 am

FELT LIKE A SECRET

Well it was good to know she was so concerned about not giving him heart attacks. Even if it was not possible. He couldn’t hold back a soft laugh when she explained how it also got her in trouble with drunk men. He had seen enough of those during his midnight walks to know how annoying they could get. ”I can imagine”, He reacted. She sure wasn’t the kind of person to patiently deal with bothersome individuals. He had yet to see her in action with the weapons she was wielding, but he knew well enough they weren’t for decoration.

After thinking for a moment, he explained how he had ended up here with her. It surprised him that she didn’t call him a fool for running all the way instead of sending a message. He had simply enjoyed being around her and he had to admit he had felt some kind of longing to be with her again. Especially after he had suddenly accomplished all his goals in such a short time. He had felt a bit lost in time without a clear purpose.

Where Mort had thought she was just walking aimlessly, she proved him wrong. They arrived at a spot hidden in the woods. A smile appeared on her face, so he realised this had to be a place that meant something to her. ”If I wanted to see ducks, I would have stayed in Rhoynar”, He simply replied, blessing his condition again for the fact he didn’t blush. The vampire walked around a bit, inspecting the surroundings, but not wandering off too far. ”So, how have you been then?” He asked, while turning back to her. Wasn’t that the reason he was visiting, after all?

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

vr mei 18, 2018 2:26 am
with our own human race
‘If I wanted to see ducks, I would have stayed in Rhoynar,’ the Vampire told her. Lexa smiled, shook her head a little. After all, she had cared very little about the ducks. The moment they came out, Mort had been more adorable than them in his fascination over the tiny creatures. And she had tried so hard not to scare them off, even though, in the end, it had been the right thing to do. Their whole water fiasco had led to her joining him in his room, after all. Falling asleep in an embrace that wasn’t her God’s.

When he asked her how she had been, another smile appeared. “I have been doing well. I have been searching for a Second to train so he has a chance at the Conclave,” she spoke. For a second she looked down, thinking whether or not to speak certain words, before she decided against it. “Your visit has made this day a lot more enjoyable,” she then said, smiling. “Though I wish you had warned me,” she then went on, more to herself than to him, as her fingers reached the black warpaint on her face. It felt weird with Mort. As if she shouldn’t be wearing her mask in front of him. “How have you been?

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr mei 18, 2018 2:42 am

FELT LIKE A SECRET

The duck-thing would forever haunt him, wouldn’t it? She had teased him relentlessly about it and it didn’t look like she would let him off that hook any time soon. Of course he had visited the garden after she had left. But it hadn’t felt the same. There was something missing. Not in a way that it had ruined it. He had still spent some nights there, thinking about what had happened. A reminder that it had been real. Because he honestly still didn’t believe it yet. Standing here would hopefully prove that it hadn’t been just a daydream.

Mort focused on her and her answer, as it was important to him. He wanted her to be happy, or at least as happy as possible given the circumstances. He nodded a few times, to show he was still listening. ”If it really bothers you that much, I will remember to do so next time”, He reassured her. He didn’t understand why, but she appeared to be struggling with it a bit. ”What qualities do you look for in a Second?” He then asked, genuinely curious.

Of course he could have expected the question in return. The young vampire walked over to the homemade bench and he sat down on it before replying. ”Great”, He said, not even trying to hide his enthusiasm. ”I don’t know how I got this lucky, but I found my brother. Or, he found me. I don’t know how it happened exactly, but we were at the same place at the same time”, He said, sharing the exciting news. ”It took me a while to convince him it was me, but eventually he believed me”, He continued, clearly satisfied with how the situation had developed.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

vr mei 18, 2018 2:52 am
with our own human race
The Commander smiled when he spoke again, telling her he would remember to do so next time if it did bother her. “If my people were to be more accepting, it would not have been needed,” she spoke, sounding apologetic. “It also feels strange. Talking to you with my mask,” she then said, a lot softer. It was such a strange feeling, she was not quite sure why it felt that way. “A child with his heart in the right place, yet a mind capable of overruling it.” Because with a heart alone, you would not get there. “He needs to be skilled in battle already, as I simply do not have the luxury of preparing them for long.” The Conclave would be relatively soon.

Lexa followed Mort to the bench, carefully taking seat next to him as he spoke about his luck. “I did tell you good things come to good people, did I not?” she smiled. She had been convinced he would find him. A person as pure as Mort deserved it, after all. She was sure that, whichever God looked down on them, would have helped a hand in this. “I am happy you found him,” she spoke. She was a bit curious as to how his brother would be, but considering they grew up differently, the woman knew the two could be completely different.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr mei 18, 2018 9:46 am

FELT LIKE A SECRET

The vampire hadn’t expected her to explain why she wanted to know he was coming for a visit. Let alone it was for personal reasons as well. Mort tilted his head slightly to the left, surprised. He moved to right in front of her, inspecting the paint from up close. Slowly he lifted his hand, touching the edge of it lightly. He then cupped her cheek with his hand, while a smile appeared on his lips. Blue eyes locked with hers again. ”I know what’s behind it. Your eyes remind me of that too. So please, don’t think my opinion on you will change because of some paint”, He said, hoping to reassure her with his words.

When he asked his next question, he let go of her face and listened to her answer. ”I’m sure you’ll make the right decision”, He only replied. She had good judgement. It wasn’t the first time he thought she had the ability to estimate people just by looking them in the eyes. Therefore it still felt weird to hear her call him a good person. ”You did, and you were right”, He had to admit, softly laughing afterwards. ”We talked for a while. I suppose it will take some time to get to know him again, but I feel like he is still somewhat the same. My little brother, even though he surpassed my age by now”, He sounded. His body seemed to vibrate with happiness. Everything was falling into place and it couldn’t be more perfect.

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: