welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

On my knees - Pagina 4 Empty Re: On my knees

wo mei 23, 2018 10:14 pm
We're standing face-to-face
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
The tribe that lives close,” Lexa started, “is by far the most… unique one in Vanaheim.” For a second she fell quiet. “Where my people believe in the Mother and worship her to a certain point, they spend day and night protecting the Temple and everything related to Her. They spend their lives in Her name,” she explained, her voice soft. The thought of one of those Children hearing her was terrifying. Especially since they worshipped the Commander too. Fun the first few times. Not so much after.

She could hear it too. The string got pulled and in seemingly no time, an arrow was shot at Mort. “Be careful!” the Commander sighed. “I did tell you it would be dangerous, did I not?” Yes. She was very well aware that he was immortal and the arrows would not do him much harm. But it would probably still hurt. And she did not like the idea of that. Not even a little bit. “They tend to spread out traps, in an effort of keeping strangers away from the Holiness of the Mother,” she explained. Maybe a bit too late. “They believe that those who are welcome, will survive. That the Mother will guide them to safety.” As she had said: a strange tribe.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort.
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

wo mei 23, 2018 10:41 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO
when you’re still holding on

So this tribe was a group of fanatics taking care of the temple. Keeping outsiders away, probably by using not so friendly methods. Apparently they lived around here, and not with the normal population. Her whole explanation made him not all too excited about encountering one though. ”Sounds like a fun bunch”, He chuckled. Again, joking to hide his nerves. Though he trusted Lexa enough to not turn around and start running. If these people lived in Vanaheim, they were automatically under her command too, right? She wouldn’t let them hurt him.

The temple had other plans though. The arrow that was coming for him, wouldn’t do much to a vampire. But it would hurt, that was for sure. Luckily he could catch it right before the sharp point would rip through his skin. If there was poison on this, he could get very sick. It would not kill him, but it would not be fun either. So he threw away the arrow quickly.

The Commander started explaining that these traps were set there by the tribe, to keep out unwelcome visitors. ”Well, I’m pretty sure the Mother must like me then”, He said with a little smile. He didn’t actually believe he just had been saved by a Goddess though. No offence. It was thanks to his vampiric reflexes and speed that he had stopped the arrow right in time. The male walked over to the other again, feeling safer when he was near her. The corridor seemed to get smaller anyway, so there was not much space to take distance anymore.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:22 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 11:08 pm
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
When Mort joked that he was pretty sure the mother liked him, the Commander rolled her eyes. “Just be sure to not anger them with your jokes,” she told him, though there was a smile on her face. “Even you might have to run for your life if they hear,” she shrugged. “I’m not sure if I can protect you then.” She would be able to. She would just tell them exactly what this was. She had pledged allegiance to this man and for that, he needed the blessing of the Mother. He would be forgiven without a second thought.

The hallway was long. Like, terribly long. Almost as if they wanted it to end at the other side of the damn mountain. Lexa walked without complaints, however. Enjoying the peace between her and Mort, as she took careful steps. She had been here as a youngster before, so she knew the kinds of traps her people used. Most of them were easy, however. The simple act of not tripping over a wire. She would throw her dagger into it or just tell Mort to step over it, so they wouldn’t be hit by arrows or whatever was thrown at them.

When the hallway finally turned into stairs, the Commander looked up. “We are getting close,” she told him, a faint smile on her lips. “The halls are generally fine, but I hope the temple itself has not collapsed since last time I’ve been here,” she admitted. It had been what? Eight years? Who knows what had happened in the meantime.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 11:37 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Her next warning sent a shiver down his spine. Now he was really worried. He couldn’t make jokes and she wasn’t sure she could protect him? That took away basically everything that had given him the confidence to come here in the first place. Couldn’t he just turn around now and start running? ”I’m pretty sure I can outrun them though”, He said, jokingly. Again. He clenched his jaw and sighed right after. ”I never learn, do I?” He maundered. Why was it so hard for him to keep his mouth shut? Luckily he didn’t hear any heartbeat aside from hers, which hopefully meant there were no crazy tribe people around.

While they were walking further, she warned him for more traps every now and then. After a bit, he knew what he had to look out for, so he didn’t get into any more trouble. Eventually they ended up in front of a set of stairs that had been carved out of the mountain. “We are getting close,” She said. ”If it has, I really got into digging lately. Fix me a shovel and I’ll dig it out”, He shrugged. Then his hours wasted digging graves wouldn’t have been for nothing. The vampire started walking up the stairs, unbothered by the fact that a human would probably struggle with this. Another perk of being a vampire. At least his muscles didn’t start burning when he was doing an effort.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 12:08 am
with our own human race
Mort joked. Again. A sigh sounded from her side, as she shook her head lightly. “You know they dislike vampires. I’m sure they’ll be able to catch you. We’re trapped in their temple, after all,” she told him. Not really. She just liked to bully the poor man into worrying. Something about revenge because he had mentioned her heartbeat. She would, obviously, never let any of her people hurt him. The mountain men were her people too, so if they tried, they would be punished accordingly.

Walking up the stairs like it was nothing. Showoff. Lexa rolled her eyes and walked after him, glad she had an insane condition. Though most people in Vanaheim did. Sitting on their butts doing nothing, was not really a life for the people here. “What the hell have you been digging for?” she asked, raising a brow. Was that truly his newest hobby? The link between Kaz and the digging wasn’t made. After all, he was the last thing on her mind right now. She was alone, on the Holy Grounds of Vanaheim, with the man who made her heart skip a beat with everything he did. How could she think of anything else?

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 10:00 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Trapped. That was the very last word he wanted to hear right now. The male was glad he had no heartbeat. Otherwise, in this moment, even she would be able to hear it go wild. He was oblivious to the fact that she was just messing with him. ”There really is no other way out?” He asked, slight panic in his voice. Of course there wouldn’t be another way out. They were inside a fucking mountain. Those weren’t known to have emergency exits, were they?

Reality came dangerously close. His own comment reminded him of everything he was trying to run from. He almost immediately regretted making it, as he hadn’t thought it through. Of course she didn’t really understand. So her question was very logical. “What the hell have you been digging for?” The vampire avoided her questioning gaze. Suddenly the stairs were far more interesting. After a short moment of silence, he looked up again, a weak smile on his face. ”Let’s talk about that some other time”, He said. He was not ready to deal with all that again.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 12:52 pm
with our own human race
They have spent centuries in these halls. They know them in and out. Once you’re in…” The commander shook her head slowly. “They say you’ll never get out,” she went on, her voice low to bring power to her story. Again, he was not in any danger here. The Tribe was an interesting one. There was… something strange about them. But, they had good hearts and as long as your loyalty to the Mother was proven, they had no harm in mind.

The silence was painful and Lexa met his gaze when he put a slight smile on his face, telling her to talk about it some other time. She was aware what had been bothering him enough to make his way to Vanaheim again. It was something that was better left unspoken. For that reason, she slowly took his hand again. “Let us stay in the present,” she told him calmly, stepping further up the stairs. When they reached the end of the stairs, she let out a deep sigh. “By the Mother,” she whispered softly, before planning to walk through the small arch, to reveal the huge room. Empty. Except for that one coffin.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 1:25 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

If something were to happen that they couldn’t get out of this temple, then they would have a problem. True, he was immortal, so technically he couldn’t die. When he didn’t feed, he simply went into a comatose state. Some sort of ‘sleep’ where he wouldn’t be able to do anything. Basically dead dead. Before that would happen though, the thirst would come. And with only her heartbeat taunting him, it wouldn’t take more than a couple of days before.. No. He would rather have her stab him so badly he wouldn’t be able to move anymore, so she would at least be safe.

Thanks to his own mindless comment, he was now thrown back into the reality he was trying to hide from. The small graveyard in Kaz’ garden.. The young women he had buried there because his fledgling didn’t know when to stop and wouldn’t listen when he told him so. When she grabbed his hand, he sighed softly. He nodded at her words. Sounded like a plan. They were getting close to their destination anyway.

The gigantic hall they entered, was completely empty. Except for some kind of elevated platform that displayed a coffin. It was cold in here. Not that he actually felt it on his skin. He could feel it in his chest. ”Is this a tomb?” He asked quietly, afraid to disrupt the silence. Afraid to.. Cause something to happen, even if he had no idea what to expect.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 2:04 pm
with our own human race
Or maybe those are just rumors to keep strangers out,” Lexa told the vampire with a small grin when he seemed worried about her words. She shrugged. Teasing him was an amusing thing for sure. It was no lie that the Temple was a dangerous place, though this was mostly the traps that were laid out. The parts that were ready to collapse, were parts they wouldn’t visit. The one path leading to the main hall was well kept and generally safe if you knew what to avoid. It was deeper into the temple that you could see what the centuries had done to it.

The main hall was definitely a place that was kept untouched. Some parts of the walls had crumbled down and it felt… old. The air was strangely cold, as if ghosts had found their way in here, watching your every move as you bowed down to their God. Their Mother. Mort’s question raised a smile on her face and she nodded slowly, letting go of his hand and walking on. “Our Mother was the first Commander, in a way. She led her people as they lived a peaceful life in the mountains of Vanaheim,” she explained, slowly walking on. “When she died, they buried her…” She wanted to explain more, but stopped when she suddenly heard a sound.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 3:21 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

”For crying out loud, Lexa”, Mort sighed dramatically when he finally realised she was just messing around with him. He gave her a gentle push with his shoulder. Why did he have to be so naive all the time. He had taken her very seriously, because they were talking about serious subjects. He had just accepted whatever she was saying as being true. Just like he was now listening to her explanation about this room, and especially the coffin in the center of it. The room almost felt haunted. As if someone was.. Watching them. He wasn’t too far off with that feeling, but he blamed it on the mysterious nature of this temple. Not on the fact that someone was actually watching them.

There had been no other heartbeat than hers. He was a hundred percent sure of that. So the attack came as a full surprise. The male was thrown onto the ground, a groan of pain escaping his chest as he hit the rock rather hard. From the moment he was kind of recovered, he wanted to get up on his feet again, knowing that being on the ground was the worst position to be in when engaged in a fight. A sharp pain shooting through his throat kept him from moving though. The tip of a sword was slightly piercing his skin, causing black drops of blood to trickle down his neck. When he followed the blade, he was met by a pair of greyish blue eyes. The look in them wasn’t too hard to figure out. Whoever this was, she was not pleased with his presence.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 3:47 pm
with our own human race
It was impossible for her to put it into words. The moment when she laid her eyes upon the attacker, she could feel her heart skip a beat. Fear swallowed her for the blink of an eye. She knew who this woman was. As a citizen of Vanaheim, even this woman had sworn loyalty to her Commander. Yet… there was something about her. She couldn’t make sense of it. There was a sense of darkness around the woman, as if it was part of who she was. Yet, these were the people believed to be blessed by the light.

While the Commander seemed frozen in time for a few seconds, the attacker looked behind her. There was nothing there, yet she nodded. ‘You are right,’ she spoke. Her speech had a clear accent, one that you couldn’t exactly place. ‘Commander,’ her voice sounded, ‘you brought a vampire into our Temples.’ She almost whispered these words, talking quickly so Lexa was barely able to make sense of it. Again, the woman seemed distracted by something that no one else could see, before her eyes fell upon the vampire again. ‘He who is cursed can not be blessed,’ she whispered.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 4:36 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Mort was all kinds of confused. How had he not noticed a heartbeat when they had entered this room? Why was there still no other heartbeat audible, except for Lexa’s? Also, why did her heart thrum in her chest? As if she was having some sort of panic attack? This was not good. He was also a bit too shocked to find a possible and logical explanation. The sword pressing down on his throat wasn’t really helping either. The male tried not to panic himself, but it was to no avail. Especially when she started acting.. Weird.

The guardian of the Temple was looking around, as if she was speaking to the ghosts that were haunting this place. While she turned to Lexa, he tried to move away from the blade. His attempt was cut off immediately when she noticed and pushed her sword a bit deeper. A soft whimper of pain interrupted the silence. ”Lexa”, He managed to say, almost with a begging intonation in his voice. More black blood was being spilled, and even though it would not kill him, it sure was not pleasant either.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 4:51 pm
with our own human race
She had seen this woman before. Not when she went to the mountain people, no… She hadn’t been there when she did. It was at the Conclave. She remembered. She had always thought of it as a dream, the painted face she saw between the trees. Right before the shadow had jumped over her in an effort to attack her. Had that shadow truly been...  

‘Lexa,’ Mort’s voice sounded, pulling the Commander back into reality. “Child, this man right here is an ally of Vanaheim, has sworn loyalty to our Mother. Let him go.” She sounded strict, yet there was that slight sense of insecurity as she spoke to the woman. She didn’t know what it was. It was as if… as if her Gods vanished when she looked into the pale blue eyes. ‘Loyalty?’ the woman asked. She looked behind her again. ‘The Commander says he’s loyal,’ she spoke. She sounded… mad. As if someone had disagreed with her. The blade left Mort’s neck and she stepped aside. ‘Those who are cursed can not be blessed,’ she repeated, ‘so what’s your business here, vampire?

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 5:06 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

What scared him most about all this, was that Lexa didn’t seem like herself. At all. He had never seen her panic, but she sure had chosen the right moment to do so. The vampire was too inexperienced to get away from the blade by himself. The guardian handled it with so much precision and skill that she would probably be able to hurt him pretty bad if he tried. When he called out her name, she kind of snapped out of it. Not entirely though. There was this.. Uncertainty in her actions. Like she didn’t know what to say or do exactly.

The guardian went into a brief discussion with the ghosts again. Was she speaking to the Mother herself? Whatever it was, she finally pulled away the sword and stepped aside. The vampire got up quickly, pressing his fingers against the cut on his throat. It would heal soon, so he wiped away some of the blood with his hand. ”The Commander was teaching me about the origins of her people and faith”, He replied, also a bit unsure about what he was supposed to tell her. Last thing he wanted, was to anger her. That seemed like a very bad idea.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 5:23 pm
with our own human race
Her people?’ the woman chuckled. She turned to her other side this time. ‘You’re right!’ she spoke, before turning to the Commander and bowing down. ‘Welcome to our Temple, Commander. It has been a while,’ she spoke. There was respect in her actions, but the Commander still felt like there was… something wrong. She could not help but feel judged in her every move. As if this woman had more to say than she should have. As if this woman was death itself.
Indeed it has,” Lexa answered carefully. “It has been a while since I have taken an outsider as an ally.” She didn’t quite want to say that it was, in fact, the first time. The Child nodded, fixing her eyes upon Mort again.
They’re telling me not to trust him,’ she spoke softly. She walked up to Mort, staring him into his eyes. ‘But you must be quite special if my Commander has chosen you.’ She seemed to think for a second, before she frowned. ‘She seems to be okay with his visit,’ she suddenly spoke, looking over her shoulder again. ‘So he’s free to go. For now.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort.
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: