welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

Call of duty - Pagina 2 Empty Re: Call of duty

di mei 22, 2018 9:46 pm

SECRETS DONT SLEEP
'till they're took to the grave

Honestly the vampire was just sick and tired of being judged for the decisions he had made without even having had the chance to explain them. She went so far with her judgement that even someone as patient as him was kind of pushed into defending himself. The words he spoke were soft, but she would hear them for sure. Unfortunately, she wasn’t the only one to hear what he shared. When the fledgling joined them, he turned back to his job. He wasn’t ready to deal with the both of them at the same time, obviously.

Because where Allison could be rude, Kaz was just plain brutal. Either his brother was ignoring him or he had been very verbal about his feelings towards the whole situation. It was only when he asked him a question directly, he took a short pause to look at him. ”It’s fine”, He replied with a little smile,  holding back a sigh. He had probably asked this particular question on purpose, to test him. To push him towards his edge, like he had been doing for the past week. But Mort wouldn’t take the bait.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:13 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Allison Lenier
Aantal berichten : 1191
IC posts : 1131

Character sheet
Residence : Brightwater Keep

di mei 22, 2018 10:56 pm
I have no heart, just ice and stone
Made up of nails and teeth and bone
And I know exactly what I'm for. To hurt and destroy and nothing more. So hear my battle cry, I'm out for blood to claim what's mine. Finally questioning if I am my own worst  enemy.
Someone has to enjoy a bit of sunshine in this house,” the blonde spoke, a smile on her face. She put her hands behind her and enjoyed the sun in her face. She had spent so much time inside lately, that it almost felt weird. It definitely wasn’t cold today and the sun had this nice burning feeling. She’d almost start hoping for a tan. But, knowing the lovely luck she had recently, she would just get whiter in this damn sun.

Kaz’ comment made the woman clench her teeth and she looked at Mort, who answered shortly. Allison sighed. “What a joy,” she said, sarcasm dripping off her voice, as she let herself fall in the grass. She didn’t want to look at Kaz at this moment. At the look he had in his eyes. How nothing seemed good… It hurt. She’d much rather lie here and pretend that everything was okay. “So, Mort. Is there anything you do for fun?” Please, for the love of God, could they just talk about something that didn’t involve Kaz? Or murder? Hatred? For once? Before she started screaming?

NOTES, ~
TAGS, damn brothers.
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator
Aantal berichten : 1327
IC posts : 1116

Character sheet
Residence : Brightwater Keep, Rhoynar

di mei 22, 2018 11:29 pm

I'm not a saint, but I could be if I tried, Lord knows I don't learn from my mistakes

Kaz looked up as his brother, met his gaze and looked at his fingers again. He let himself lean back against the tree, feeling a light breeze go past his cheek. Summer would be coming soon. That would mean sunlight. A lot of sunlight. He knew Mort could walk in broad daylight, so he could probably as well, but the thought of it already made him scared. It was pathetic, but so were the rest of his issues.

Kaz softly grinned when he heard Allisons words. He stopped picking at his fingers and stared straight ahead, into the garden. ''Probably not something that involves digging.'' Or dead bodies. But Kaz kept most of the words in. He didn't want to start a war here, not with Allison around. She was the only one holding him back right now, but if Mort and him would be alone, if it even was just for a few moments, Kaz wouldn't stop himself from saying what he wanted to say.
BY MITZI
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

di mei 22, 2018 11:44 pm

SECRETS DONT SLEEP

So now he had an audience while he was digging a grave. They sure were quite the romantic couple. Watching a dead man bury more dead people. Welcome to the funeral, please take a seat, no smooching before the grave is closed please. The bad part was that they were bonding over bullying him. Allison asked him a question, but even before he could reply, Kaz threw in a comment of himself. Mort clenched his jaw again, scooping up the dirt a bit more aggressively again. Was he even supposed to give a serious answer now?

”I like to read”, He replied after digging in silence for a while. At least the blonde was making an attempt, and he appreciated that. ”Go for walks, especially at night, when everything is peaceful and quiet”, He continued. He paused for a second. A tiny smile curled around his lips. ”Watch little ducklings take their first swim”, He said, just for a moment thinking about better times.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

di mei 22, 2018 11:49 pm
And I know exactly what I'm for. To hurt and destroy and nothing more. So hear my battle cry, I'm out for blood to claim what's mine. Finally questioning if I am my own worst  enemy.
Kaz’ comment actually caused the blonde to laugh. He was being an immense dick, but the dryness in his answers just amused her. Probably the only reason she had been able to stick with him all this time without going absolutely mental. After the comment, however, she was surprised to hear Mort answer seriously. That he liked reading was something she would keep in mind and nightwalks didn’t sound too bad either. But then…

‘Watch little ducklings take their first swim.’ You know that sound when you try to hold back laughter? Cue Allison, lying on her back in the grass, making this noise as she’s clenching her teeth, trying to keep it in. “You’re kidding me, aren’t you?” she asked, tears in her eyes. There he was. The vampire. The monster she was supposed to hunt down. Burying a dead body, talking about how he loved watching ducklings.

Ducklings.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, damn brothers.
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

di mei 22, 2018 11:57 pm

I'm not a saint, but I could be if I tried, Lord knows I don't learn from my mistakes

Allison laughed and it was music to his ears. For the first time in days he was happy to hear a sound that wasn't a heartbeat or someones feet on the ground. No, her laugh made him smile, albeit a bit awkwardly. The vampire watched her laying in the grass and for a moment he wished he could lay next to her, just the two of them, laughing at nothing or some stupid joke. Maybe Mort would be close by, grinning stupidly at them, happy for them.

But it was Mort's voice that pulled him from that daydream again, and Kaz was left in the shadow of the tree with a grassy field to watch. The complete opposite of what he wanted. Before he could even react or open his mouth to reply, it was Allison again who laughed. But this time, Kaz stared at her with a small frown on his forehead. But he quickly shifted his gaze back to his brother. ''There are some ducklings by the pond near the end of the road.'' He spoke softly, almost insecure when he looked down at his hands again. Why was he even saying this? He wasn't meant to be nice to his brother. This wasn't the plan. ''They're a few weeks old I believe.'' Gods Kaz, stop it. You're going to feel guilty if you continue like this.
BY MITZI
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 12:09 am

SECRETS DONT SLEEP

It was a trap, he should’ve known. Allison was struggling hard to keep back her laughter, but she wasn’t very good at it. The vampire sighed softly while focussing on the shovel again. Could he actually throw this and hit her? His throwing skills weren’t that good but she wasn’t sitting too far away.. Fair, he had done this to himself. Lexa had been laughing at him too. He already knew it was considered ‘weird’. Not only for a vampire, but for a grown man like him, to enjoy something like that.

When Kaz didn’t join in, he was a bit confused. That confusion only got worse when he suddenly mentioned there were ducklings somewhere close by. Mort stopped digging. The other had sounded very serious, also with more emotion than he had granted him in the past week. If he had a heart, it would skip a beat right now. ”Really? That’s good to know”, He replied with a soft smile. ”I’ll go check them out once I’m done here”, He continued. There. Now Allison knew he wasn’t joking either.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 12:36 am
The words Kaz spoke caused the blonde to frown. She bit her lip as she slowly turned her face sideways, finally looking at Kaz. She bit her lip as she felt tears come up by looking at the change in behavior. She put her head back on the grass and closed her eyes, listening to Mort. Mort seemed to like it too, as he replied seriously, saying he would check it out. For a second Allison felt a soft spot for the man. He had to deal with all the abuse, yet here he stood. Taking the words as if nothing had ever happened. She sighed once, taking another second to look at Kaz. Asshole…

She wanted to open her mouth, but she closed it instead. With her finger she tried to get rid of a tear without ruining the make-up on her face. Just hearing the… lack of hostility. It made her miss the man she loved. She took a few seconds, before a slight smile appeared on her face. “Stories?” she decided to ask, in an effort of keeping the conversation going. “I remember reading a dozen fairytales as a child.” A slight smile, again. Even though her childhood wasn’t all that great, it wasn’t nearly as bad as theirs.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, damn brothers.
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 12:44 am

he hadn't meant the words in any hostile way. No, on the contrary, Kaz was actually speaking the truth. It wasn't only Mort who liked to walk in the dead of night. Now that he felt bound to the house, Kaz missed those walks, he missed feeling invincible and yet so fragile at that strange, late hour. The one where the whole world seemed to be asleep and you were the only one around. It had always had a strange vibe around it and now he had an eternity to experience it. But now that he couldn't, he missed it the most.

Stories. He wanted to think about everything but stories. But that word in this context only brought up memories. The soft and insecure smile that had been on his lips, had vanished. Kaz lowered his head even more, turning his attention to the grass between his legs. He remembered enough stories, but none of them seemed to have a happy ending. He was just not in a place of thinking of one where they had fun. All he could come up with were his nightmares, the ones where he woke up crying and where Mort had been there to tell him that it all would be alright. But those days were gone. So, Kaz pressed his lips together and said nothing. This one was once again for Mort to answer.
BY MITZI
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 12:56 am

SECRETS DONT SLEEP

Finally his brother showed a hint of who he had been before. The monster tucked away somewhere far away. No anger, no hate. Just a genuine suggestion. It was progress, right? There was still hope, right? Even when he was digging this damned grave to bury a victim of the blood thirst his brother couldn’t control yet, he still wanted to believe there was good inside his heart. Her next question distracted him for a second. When they had been children, their mother had read them stories too. But eventually, they had gone out to make their own.

”Stories, science, history.. Anything I could get my hands on, really”, He nodded, the soft smile still on his face. Edmund had been good to him. He had always encouraged the young boy to study, explore, follow his interests. The vampire quickly shot a look at Kaz, who suddenly seemed very absent. Fuck. Once again, he didn’t know what to say. Everything could trigger his bad mood. It was a risk he didn’t want to take.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 1:04 am
Mort told her he took everything he could get his hands on and a smile appeared on her face. So not just the fairy tales? At this point she wouldn’t have been surprised if all books he read had been about princesses and their happily ever afters. “I was…” For a moment she paused. Should she? But then again… She couldn’t be hard on the man forever, could she?

I was planning on visiting the some library closeby soon… Can you join me, Mort?” She did not truly expect him to accept, but she also knew it would probably be for the best for the both of them if they were to… take a little break. Who knows. They could find something they could get along about. For a second she opened her eyes again, fixing her gaze on Kaz. After all, they had met at a library once too. Though that had been a slightly less beautiful meeting. Somehow, after everything, even that was a memory she’d look back at with a smile.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, damn brothers.
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 1:12 am

Kaz' head was full of stories. The ones where nothing had happened, where he had happily grown up on the farm with his brother and their parents. Or stories where they had taken over the town hall for once, after all the planning that had gone in it. But also the ones where he hadn't lost his brother at sea, where he had no magic, where they were safe and together. The ones where he hadn't turned into a monster. But those stories were never bound to happen and it was bad to dwell on the past. All you could do was hope for the best. And if Kaz was bad at something, it was that.

He heard Allisons proposal and frowned. Why Mort? What was she planning? She couldn't actually go and hope there was some sort of book on a cure right? She shouldn't waste her time on that. It would probably fail and he didn't want her to get killed. Kaz looked forward again, at the grass field. He felt her gaze on him, but ignored it. Instead, he stayed in his own little world, reminiscing about things that had happened and the ones that could still happen. Like usual when he fell silent. None of them all too happy. But Kaz was Kaz and eventually he would get out of it. Eventually.
BY MITZI
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 1:27 am

SECRETS DONT SLEEP

How a simple question could cause such a throwback. He always tried to avoid his past a bit. Especially everything that had happened right after he had lost Kaz at sea. The years after that had been hell, and he had repressed so many memories that it all felt like one blur. But before that.. His life had been actually normal. Their family had been a loving and caring one. And oh, the joy when little Kaspian was born. It was the happiest he had felt in his life, without a doubt. Her voice made him shift his attention once more.

A questioning expression appeared on his face. She interrupted herself, seemed to doubt herself, but eventually she spoke up anyways. It was an unexpected proposal, and he didn’t really know how to react to it right away. His gaze first of all went to Kaz. Would he get jealous? Would he feel left out? The other was not really paying attention, he just sat there against his tree, lost in thoughts. ”If that is alright for Kaz”, He said after a short pause. Weren’t they trying to make him feel better, after all? He wouldn’t want to do anything against his will anymore. Unlike what he had done when he had.. Turned him.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 1:35 am
No matter what,” the blonde spoke when Mort had said that he would only do it if it was alright with Kaz. A part of her hoped that Kaz would finally speak up, would show that he still cared for something. If he said no, did that mean he actually cared? Because, at this point, sometimes she wasn’t sure anymore. Mort told her that the young vampire did. That it was why she was still alive. But, as time progressed, she started to slowly feel that there was little left of the man she fell in love with.

I need to go there soon. I think I’ve written more notes in my books than the actual writers wrote,” she went on with a sigh. Kaz had seen her like that. Where she would be completely focused on that one recipe. Papers would be torn out of books, ripped apart. Others were copied, had a hundred notes on them. The woman was chaotic, but she knew exactly what she was doing. She had spent ages on the painkiller she was trying to get done for Kaz, but… it seemed like she could scrap that idea now. Something else had priority. Because maybe, once he got used to it, he wouldn’t want to turn back. Maybe he’d want to stay like this. And then she would lose him forever.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, damn brothers.
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 1:49 am

It was obvious Allison tried to get something out of him, tried to get him to say something. But Kaz still was silent, kept staring at the grassy plains that had nothing in them but sheer nothingness. It felt like they had that in common, because at that moment, Kaz didn't feel anything for once. No peaking emotions, no boiling anger or waterfalls of sadness. Just.. numb. And it was fine by him, if it meant rest he would gladly accept it.

He let his fingers go through the grass that was around him. He felt the greens blades tickle his fingertips, like water did when you ran your fingers close above the surface. It was calming in a way. Kaz wanted to close his eyes and feel the moment but he knew that if he did that, someone would snap him right out of it. Allison's words only got to him much later when she had spoken them.

With a glazed look he turned his head towards Allison and shrugged. ''Fine by me.'' He mumbled softly, before turning away from her again and turning his attention towards the grass. It was as if he only had discovered this green sea for the first time. His eyes locked with a spot of sunlight close by. It reminded him of something.

''Do you remember Mort,'' He suddenly started, still with his hand running through the grass, close to the spot that was lit by the sunbeam. ''That time we were on the hill overlooking our village. When you had made that spyglass?'' He didn't know why he suddenly remembered this story. It had nothing to do with the current situation, but somehow, somewhere, it made sense to him. ''Do you remember when you used that spyglass to accidentally burn a patch of grass?'' With those words, he moved his hand towards the patch that was lit by the sun. Nothing seemed to happen on the outside, but Kaz could feel his hand getting irritated, that it started to burn. But he didn't take it out of the sunlight. No, instead he just stared at it.

''What a strange phenomenon.'' He mumbled softly to himself before finally pulling back his hand. It smelled like someone had lit a match and he could see how the burn marks on his skin already started to vanish. Such a strange phenomenon indeed.
BY MITZI
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: