welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Deel
Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Aantal berichten : 104
IC posts : 99

Character sheet
Residence : Mother's Mountains
Profiel bekijken

Re: The devil's child

op vr mei 25, 2018 11:17 pm
Sell your soul, not your whole self
Oh, she was so so happy to see him. Even from afar he could see how broadly she smiled. Not. Not that it made him stop smiling, no, his smile only broadend. ''If he's not a friend, he can become our friend, right?'' His eyes flickered mischievously as he watched the other standing there. He only listened half to Minerva's words, already figuring out half the part by himself. ''I am surprised you are still alive, friend.'' Mercury wondered out loud while he raised his brows playfully at Minerva after saying a.. particular word.

While Minnie stepped forward, Mercury circled around them, taking in every bit of the stranger himself. ''Aren't you a sight for sore eyes.'' He mumbled, brushing softly over his lips. His long coat wavered behind him as he walked around the two. Eventually, he stopped, putting his arm on Minnie's shoulder as if she was some sort of arm rest. Mercury narrowed his eyes and looked a bit closer into the blue eyes of the vampire. ''You look scared. Are you scared?'' He asked in the same playful tone as before before he looked at Minerva. ''Is he scared?'' He then asked her, as if saying it twice wasn't enough already. By now, the other must at least think he was just as crazy as Minerva. Maybe he was. But at least he was fun crazy.
BY MITZI
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas
Profiel bekijken

op za mei 26, 2018 12:45 am

I DONT RECALL
falling out of favour

Suddenly he had to deal with two Commanders instead of one. As if one wasn’t enough of a challenge already. They were carrying out a conversation as if nothing had happened. As if the Warrior wasn’t standing there with black blood dripping down her face. She replied to the questions of the other Commander, but by the words she picked, she made it look as if he had been super rude about everything. Sadly, he didn’t even dare to correct her. He only stared at her while she was talking, while the other was walking around the pair.

Eventually he stopped right next to the woman, and Mort finally locked his gaze with him. His eyes were.. Captivating, to say the least. But he shouldn’t stare, goddammit! Show respect. ”I’m.. I mean… I’m.. Yes?” He stuttered. Of course he was scared. Who wouldn’t be. The only thing keeping him in place, was his stupid curiosity. ”I didn’t want to insult your Blessing. Like I said, I came here to learn, to understand better”, He defended himself hesitantly, while looking from one Commander to the other.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:09 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt

Aantal berichten : 56
IC posts : 50

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op za mei 26, 2018 12:13 pm
You've gone and proved
to be the misery of mankind
All you ever do is make excuses, God you're boring. Use everything you've got inside, you still don't find the courage. Stick your tail between your legs and go. You think you know it all? You're just a king without a throne.
Why did he always have to come? She had seen his face enough for the coming century. Her blue eyes focused on Mort and a smile crawled back on her face. At least he seemed impressed. She could taste the fear in the air around him as he seemed to lock gazes with Mercury, who circled around them before putting his arm on her shoulder. For a second she threw him an unamused glare, but stayed in place. It was moments like this where she appreciated not having to breathe, where she could completely freeze as only her gaze moved to follow every inch that Mort moved.

I can taste the fear in the air around him,” she chuckled, after Mort admitted to being scared. He told them how he wanted to learn and she shrugged, looking at Mercury next to her. “He wants to learn,” she repeated, the chuckle still clear in her voice, before looking back at Mort. “Then it’s time to introduce you. Meet our Commander of Peace,” she smiled.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Vampires

I find it kind of funny,
I find it kind of sad
That dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op za mei 26, 2018 8:24 pm
This dude totally had no idea how to place himself. Mercury found it comical and chuckled, shaking his head. His nicely combed hair fell before his eyes for a short moment, before he shoved it back with a quick head gesture. If this man was to be a friend of the current commander, then he was also Mercury's friend. Minerva seemed to disagree, but when didn't she. He looked sideways for a moment. ''You have a little.. something on your head.'' As he poked the place where she had clawed open her face. Some of the blood got stuck to his finger and without really caring for it, he licked it up. It didn't taste as good as human blood, but Minerva always had had that weird taste.

The man confirmed that he was indeed scared and that he wanted to learn. Learn what? How to behave like an almighty, godlike being? Mercury sure could teach him that. On Minerva's last words, Mercury bowed as if the cursed one was someone very important. ''Mercury. At your service.'' He spoke, a creepy smile was on his face. A smile that said that if the other ever did want his service, he wouldn't get it for free. No one would ever. ''Now..'' He started, getting up again and straightening his coat. The difference between Minerva and him was clear. Where she wore leathers and almost looked wild, he was.. neat. He seemed to dress like someone who was a few years behind the current fashion, but everything was neat, clean. Mercury walked further over to the unknown vampire. ''There's no need to be scared, friend. We're not here to hurt you.'' He put his hands on the shoulders of the others, as if he just wanted to give him a friendly shoulderpat. ''Nothing to worry about.. whateveryournameis.'' As he spoke those words he did exactly what they said. No worries. It was such an easy trick, the way he could influence people, just by a simple touch. Mercury patted him on the back and let go of the cursed one. ''There, ain't that much better?'' He spoke, a sly smile on his lips when he eyed Minerva for a second. Much better than those screaming demons in your ears.
BY MITZI

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op za mei 26, 2018 11:54 pm

I DONT RECALL
falling out of favour

This was just not fair. Two of them versus just Mort by himself. He should have listened to Lexa’s warning not to come here. But his curiosity had gotten the best of him and here he was. Talking to vampires who were centuries old, and who believed he was truly cursed. Ready to rip out his heart if he said something wrong. If he was scared? Honestly, yes. They found it pretty amusing, apparently. When the Warrior introduced the other commander, he blinked a couple of times, before realising he should pay his respects. The cursed one bowed to the other, but was too shocked to speak up.

That was until he started moving, and now placed his hands on his shoulders. Suddenly, he could feel his worries disappear. Not completely, but enough to snap out of it. ”Yes”, He replied, with a sheepish smile. ”My name is Mort”, He then said, realising he hadn’t introduced himself properly yet. ”Did the Mother bless you too?” He asked, again not able to contain his curiosity. He wondered what this man his qualities were for Her to pick him as Her Commander.

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op zo mei 27, 2018 1:59 am
You've gone and proved
All you ever do is make excuses, God you're boring. Use everything you've got inside, you still don't find the courage. Stick your tail between your legs and go. You think you know it all? You're just a king without a throne.
Mercury was a weird one. She had always thought so. His eye was the first clue. After that came the fact that he wasn’t one of them. He wasn’t born in their tribe, yet her Mother had trusted him enough to turn him. Not always had she agreed with this decision and she had often asked if Ceres had any regrets. Ceres, however, seemed to like him and had told her to trust him. Which she did. In a way. More than the others, at least.

It was nothing new for the woman to miss a complete conversation. After all, she was a master at ignoring voices. The whispers in her ear were still there, telling her to end Mort. Telling her that the world would be a better place without. She ignored it, only to wake up from her thoughts when Mort asked if Mercury was blessed too. “This kid is fucking stupid, isn’t he?” she asked with a sigh. “You think the Commander of Peace is cursed?” she asked, almost spitting the last word in his face.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mercury&Mort

I find it kind of funny,
I find it kind of sad

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op zo mei 27, 2018 2:08 am
Mercury could feel the change of posture of the other vampire. He let go of his shoulders, gave him a friendly pat on the back and took a step to distance himself again. The cursed one introduced himself as Mort and Mercury smiled. Mort was a name he did not know, had it been this long since he had traveled around? Picking up words that were unknown to him, learning them, memorizing them to only come back and teach others those same words. He could have some fun with it, but he didn't see the point. On the question if he was a blessed one as well, Mercury laughed. It almost seemed genuine, but something was off, like he had done it too many times. Minerva, on the other hand, didn't seem to understand the joke.

''Easy Minnie. The boy is here to learn, was he not? Give him the chance.'' He spoke calmly, putting a hand on her shoulder as well as he returned to standing next to the commander of War. But he thought twice before influencing her, he had no idea how she had been doing but by the look of the blood on her face, it was bad. He rather not interfere right now. ''But yes, Mercury, Commander of Peace, the messenger, bladiebla, the usual.'' He spoke with rolling eyes as if it didn't matter to him that he carried such a burden for so long. ''We are all blessed in our own way. You just have to understand that.'' For a moment Mercury clenched his teeth as he eyed Minerva, hoping that she would understand his words.
BY MITZI

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op zo mei 27, 2018 2:38 am

I DONT RECALL
falling out of favour

For some reason it was just impossible for him to not anger the Warrior with his words. Even though his intentions weren’t bad at all, his words came out wrong and it made her lose her patience. He wondered if the other Commander would even bother to stop her if she would try to rip his heart out. He could see in those demonic pale eyes that it was exactly what she wanted to do anyway. The last word was thrown in his face as an insult again, and the young vampire clenched his jaw for a minute. He just didn’t know what to say anymore.

Luckily for him, the other blessed one tried to calm down the Warrior. He answered his question calmly, and Mort nodded. For a quick second, he glared at Minerva, wondering if he would let his curiosity win from the fear again. Then he saw the blood on her cheeks, and decided it was better not to. So he kept his mouth shut, for the first time in fucking forever. Should’ve thought of this earlier, gg.

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op zo mei 27, 2018 2:51 am
You've gone and proved
The boy was here to learn. Minerva sighed, clenched her teeth together as her gaze moved towards Mercury. He introduced himself and told the boy that they were all blessed in their own way. A sigh sounded as she turned towards the boy again. He was but a child, wasn’t he? In the eyes of the people he’d be a grown-up, ready to face the world alone. Yet, in theirs, he was nothing but a toddler, crawling around and asking stupid questions. He was dumb, not ready yet to face anything. Not even ready for his own problems, let alone the ones the world had.

You’re right,” she spoke, calming her muscles. “I didn’t bring you here to fight,” she went on. Though she wouldn’t mind a good fight, she knew he wouldn’t pose a challenge. Not worth it. “I wanted to show him where we meet. Do you think that’s a good idea, Mercy? We can… sit down and chat.” The last part was spoken in a way that made her smile, showing her white teeth at the boy.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mercury&Mort

I find it kind of funny,
I find it kind of sad

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op zo mei 27, 2018 10:09 am
The vampire stayed silent. Which one you ask? Well if Mercury stayed silent, you had a problem. But it wasn't him, no it was the one with the curse. As usual. Minerva probably never had learned what silence was, with the torture going inside of her head, the old vampire guessed that she would do anything for just a second of rest. Not that he wouldn't do the same. But he was happy with the state he was in right now, what else could he be? Mercury refused to let the negative thoughts and emotions get to him, might not be the best of strategies, but no one was complaining so far. Except Minerva perhaps..

The Commander of Peace raised an eyebrow. Sit down and chat? Well that was unheard of from Minerva's mouth. But who knew what she had in store. Mercury clapped his hands in excitement, a broad smile appearing on his face. ''Oh, you're full of good ideas, Minnie!'' He exclaimed, wanting to go in for a hug but rethinking that move at the last second and withdrawing. He didn't want any blood on his clothers, or head for that matter. It was so hard to wash off again and these clothes had only been a few thirty years old yet. ''You would be so much better company than Juliet. She's really moody tonight.'' Mort probably had no idea that Mercury was talking about a star, but for the old vampire it meant a lot. After all, which other friends did he have? He wanted a new one, just to freshen up his roster. ''And Ellitot's still missing so..'' Gods he missed that brightly burning star. He was his favorite. And now he was gone. Just like the motivation to do remotely anything today. Or tonight.
BY MITZI

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op zo mei 27, 2018 12:02 pm

I DONT RECALL
falling out of favour

For some reason, the Commander with the peculiar eyes seemed to calm down the other one. He wondered how long they had been living together, here in this village. If they were so used to being around each other that they had this kind of effect on the other ones. It had to be a challenge, that was for sure. Mort couldn’t imagine living even remotely close to someone like the Commander of War. He would fear for his life daily and that wasn’t really a healthy environment. Especially not for an immortal. Worrying day after day until eternity.. It would probably drive him insane. Though he suspected these Commanders weren’t the most healthy people in their minds either anymore.

Minerva agreed with Mercury, finally admitting that she wouldn’t fight him. That, mixed with the magic that had been used on him without his knowing, made him agree on the proposition. The peaceful one seemed to be very happy with the suggestion as well. He was still a bit worried though. Two Commanders had been more of a challenge than just one.. And who knew where the other three were hanging out at the moment, and how those would react on his presence.

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op zo mei 27, 2018 12:54 pm
You've gone and proved
Mercury seemed excited when Minerva had put her idea on the table. It caused her to smile faintly. Even the Commander of War felt a faint connection to the ones she’d consider family, after all. Some part of her that cared for them in her own twisted ways. Acknowledged that they were as much a part of her life as her demons were. Even though they whispered a lot less. Which she appreciated.

Mort had grown quiet, but that was fine. The whispers kept her company and Mercury never shut up so it was a welcome change. “Then follow me,” the Warrior spoke calmly, turning her back to the two vampires. She still had the blood stuck to her face, but there was no part of her that cared. Eventually, she would wash it off. No reason to bother with that now.

The hall was easy to find, it being the only larger construction in the village. The door was already open and once they came inside, it was… simple. A rectangular table was put in the middle. Three chairs on both sides, with a bigger throne-like chair at the top. The Mother’s spot. No one ever sat there, they just… cleaned it. Waiting for her to return. Everyone had their own spot at the table, Minerva and Diana being the ones who sat on each side of the Mother. As it had been from the start. The devil and the angel on her shoulder. The rest of the room was quite simple too. Some animal skins spread out for an idea of warmth, a shelf filled with ancient-looking books and some paintings on the wall. It hadn’t changed much over the years. She wanted her Mother to come back to a familiar feel.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mercury&Mort

I find it kind of funny,
I find it kind of sad

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op zo mei 27, 2018 1:54 pm
Oh this was going to be so much fun. Mercury shifted his eyes between Mort and Minerva, those names together, what a powercouple, smirked and turned around. He followed the commander, knowing that the other one would probably follow them, what other choice did he have? And just by the simple touch earlier, Mercury had notice how tensed he was, his worries had been all over the place. Instead of walking, Mercury jumped down the rocks, sometimes making a little skip as if he was a child on his way to his first time in Disneyland. Oh, he was so excited. It had been ages since a stranger had visited them, he just wanted to get to know him. His coat floated behind him as he jumped from one rock to another. ''I fear for Elliot, thought I saw him today but it turned out to be Zane.'' Mercury said, his attention turned towards Minerva. He shot his eyes towards the sky, the brightly burning star still was nowhere to be found. Maybe tomorrow he would have another chance.

The hall was a familiar place. Instinctively, Mercury walked over to his chair, the one the closest to the entrance, the furthest from the throne of the Mother. He let his hands brush over his chair as if he greeted it and then leaned against it, his mismatched eyes found the cursed one again. ''From a scale of one to ten, how depressing does this look?'' That same smirk as earlier was on his lips. Mercury didn't care for the answer, he was just an advocate of redecorating this place. It had been too long since someone had brushed the dust off this table.
BY MITZI

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op zo mei 27, 2018 4:06 pm

I DONT RECALL
falling out of favour

Now the both of them were interacting more, the vampire couldn’t help but feel even more like an outsider. This was their village, and he was a mere intruder. It made him feel uncomfortable at best, but he didn’t want to back out of it now. Especially not when it was the Commander of War that had invited him inside. He had a feeling that, if he would decline, she would get angry again. Last thing he wanted now was get her out of her good mood. At any second he expected her to turn against him again. So when she calmly told him to follow, that’s exactly what he did.

The Commanders brought him to what appeared to be the biggest building in the village. When entering, it felt like he was again somewhere he wasn’t supposed to be. A bit uneasy he lingered by the entrance while the others walked further. Mort looked around, before the voice of Mercury demanded his attention again. ''From a scale of one to ten, how depressing does this look?'' The elder vampire asked. ”It’s not really.. Depressing?” He replied, hesitantly. His eyes shot to Minerva for a second. ”But the atmosphere feels ehh.. Ancient”, He continued, hoping his choice of words would not be considered an insult again.

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op zo mei 27, 2018 10:26 pm
You've gone and proved
Minerva missed Ceres. The Mother was the only one who could truly take the demons away, calm them without secretly using magic powers like Mercury could. No, she… just calmed her down. Which she always had. The days before Minerva got blessed… Even then. It was how she had properly met the Mother. Everyone knew the tribeleader, but she remembered crying alone in the woods, when the woman put her hand on her shoulder, asked her to walk with her. She told her a story and her calm voice and atmosphere had just… calmed her down. Ever since then, the young girl had followed the woman. Until she finally grew to be her first Commander. The first one she deemed fit to rule with her.

Mercury called it depressing, but the cursed one had a slightly different opinion. Minerva rolled her eyes and sat down at her chair, placing her hands on the table as she looked at Mercury. Her face made clear that she hated the way he spoke about it. “We’re waiting until Mother comes back. I want her to come back home, not to some fucked up version of it you have in mind,” she spoke, her voice strict. She had always been the one to protect Ceres the most and she would forever do that. There was not a part in her that would let him change a single thing here. Not before she came back.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mercury

I find it kind of funny,
I find it kind of sad
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: