welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Deel
Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas
Profiel bekijken

Re: Under the ladder

op ma mei 28, 2018 10:40 am

IM NOT YOUR DISCIPLE
i choose how i sin

Maybe one day Kaz would forgive him. If he would ever forget, was another question. He had put his hope in Allison for that. Even though the blonde had told him not to, he kind of expected her cure to work. It had to work. His brother hadn’t chosen this lifestyle, so it was needless to say that he would only feel better if he got rid of the curse. For the time being, he would have to learn how to live with it. By trying to be as human as possible. Something that wouldn’t be a problem, according to the Commander.

”Centuries old.. I can’t even begin to imagine”, Mort said, a light smile around his lips. He was only four years into this. It was hard to imagine forty years, let alone four hundred. The vampire stared at the stars. He wondered if they would forever be the same. ''They have no purpose, and yet they shine.'' The Commander said. ”I don’t think they have another choice. It’s in their nature. Stars shine, rivers flow in the same direction”, He replied. Very deep. This conversation had taken quite the philosophical turn.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:10 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt

Aantal berichten : 104
IC posts : 99

Character sheet
Residence : Mother's Mountains
Profiel bekijken

op ma mei 28, 2018 11:56 am
Sell your soul, not your whole self
Centuries old. Come to think of it, that was indeed old. Maybe older than Mercury actually had thought. Had time really been passing so quickly? Or was the other vampire playing tricks on him? Nobody could trick him, Mercury was the trickster himself, although he felt more like a therapist than an actual trickster at the moment. But everybody had a few things they were good at, so it was fine. But yes, he was indeed centuries old, he had survived this long. ''Oh, you will get used to that idea the older you get.'' Mercury casually answered on Mort's response. ''Eventually, you will get there yourself. And then all these worries that will cloud your mind, will no longer be meaningful.'' He continued, raising his head a little, before getting up, crawling over to Mort and laying down next to him. It was hard to talk to someone when you were in the position he had just been in. Now he could actually look at the vampire.

His eyes gazed at the sky, searching, thinking, but still it felt like Elliot was no where to be found. It hurt, but he had to turn up eventually. Maybe he wasn't looking hard enough, maybe Elliot just needed a break from being gazed at and hid he behind another star. It was a plausible theory. ''Aha!'' Mercury exclaimed when he heard Mort's words. He turned his head to the side so he could look at the cursed one. ''They might not have a choice, but you do. And you've made choices. Can you do anything about them now?'' Mercury gave Mort some time to answer, to let the words dwell in his head. '' Those choices are in the past and there is nothing you can do about it. All you can do is acknowledge that they have happened, keep your head up and continue on living. Because in the end, those choices serve the same purpose as those stars do.'' The commander took some time to breathe, before he continued his very inspirational speech. ''Fate has written down the answer of your choices a long time ago. They were bound to happen one time or another. So it is best not to dwell on it, but instead, look forward.'' And with those words, Mercury stopped talking. He sighed and let his eyes fall on the sky again. He had no idea of his words would do anything good to Mort, but at least he hoped he had been a little inspirational. Otherwise he wasted a lot of precious breaths and moments. And those could have been used to search for Elliot.
BY MITZI

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op ma mei 28, 2018 1:05 pm

IM NOT YOUR DISCIPLE
i choose how i sin

The message he got from the elder vampire, was that time would make everything better. Conveniently, he had eternity. He would get used to it and his problems would magically disappear. Or get solved one way or another. Mort knew that it was important to him personally to get some kind of closure. It didn’t matter in which way. As long as a situation wasn’t properly discussed, he would forever be stuck in that moment. ”At least worrying keeps me busy. You have your purpose to focus on”, He replied, not in a hostile way. The vampire watched the other get up and drop down again next to him.

The Commander seemed to have the perfect answer to every of his comments. ”No, not really”, He muttered softly after a few seconds. The other went on, about making choices and how he had to live with the mistakes he made. That he could not do anything about them now, so he just had to move on and make sure they didn’t happen again. After the Messenger stopped talking, Mort went quiet for a while. Taking in and processing the words. Eventually, a faint smile curled around his lips. He locked his gaze with the blessed one. ”Thank you”, He said, genuinely happy that the other had taken the time to try and cheer him up.

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op ma mei 28, 2018 1:14 pm
His purpose mostly consisted of waiting. Waiting until a war happened and then after that war was toning down, he would step in and make amends. The way that it was supposed to go still confused him. How could he not try to make peace first and if that didn't work out, then have war? Because now he would always have the feeling in his stomach that he could have done something to prevent the war from happening. Instead of waiting it out, he could have done something. But Minerva wouldn't let him and it was one of the only things he truly hated about her.

Mercury smiled back, patting the cursed one on his shoulder. ''No problem, bro. Glad to be of service.'' He smirked, before returning to looking at the sky.''I'm glad to just have a conversation between two sane people for once.'' Because Mercury himself was absolutely sane, yeah, no questioning about that. Everything seemed to be falling in place. It appeared his words had gone into the boy his head and that he finally understood. Mercury was about to close his eyes and take a moment of rest, before they only widened and gasped, as if he just saw the most beautiful thing in his life.
BY MITZI
[/quote]

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op ma mei 28, 2018 4:32 pm

IM NOT YOUR DISCIPLE
i choose how i sin

For a minute, Mort was thrown back to his days with Edmund. He had somewhat the same sense of wisdom to him as the Commander. Knowing when to speak and when to shut up. A skill the young vampire still had to learn, obviously. Tonight he had been quiet though. Listening to whatever wisdom the Commander wanted to share with him. He had come here to learn, after all. Maybe not specifically this, but he was grateful anyway. It helped, it truly did. It gave him a bit of hope for his future.

So naturally, he thanked him. The other smiled back and gave him a little pat on his shoulder. The young vampire doubted for a second, but he was still curious. Would he ever not be? Spoiler: no. ”If you don’t mind me asking then, how did you join the Guardians?” He asked. A rather personal question, perhaps. But hadn’t he just shared his greatest fears with the other? If they were getting to know each other better, he didn't want to stay behind.

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op di mei 29, 2018 1:12 am
The moment of surprise as he had watched the sky, quickly disappeared as he realized he had been fooled. ''You're not Elliot.'' He mumbled to himself, frowning and falling back into the grass again. He just wanted to close his eyes and drift off for a moment, but Mort seemed to have another idea. Mercury opened his mismatched eyes at the question, but kept looking at the sky. Something happened to him when he heard the words. Something hurt, inside him. An ache he hadn't felt for a long time. The smirk that had been on his lips, vanished. ''That's quite.. a long time ago.'' He spoke with a sudden softer tone. It may be long ago, he could remember it exactly how it had gone. He would never forget. This was probably one of the only subjects Mercury could not joke about.

''I was lost. I had lost faith in everything.'' He continued, trying to find the right words. ''The Mother showed me the way out, the way up so to say.'' A faint smile tugged at his lips when he raised his hands a little. The sleeves of his coat fell down a little and the moonlight showed the scars on both his wrists. ''Hope is never lost. Sometimes you just get seperated and have to find your way back again.'' He mumbled, looking at his wrists in a weird, dreamy state, before he blinked with his eyes and lowered his arms again. That had taken a rather.. sad turn. For someone as happy as Mercury, this was not like him. But then again, when was the last time he had actually been himself again?
BY MITZI

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op di mei 29, 2018 1:02 pm

IM NOT YOUR DISCIPLE
i choose how i sin

Apparently he had asked the wrong question again. Immediately the mood of the Commander seemed to drop. He already regretted opening his mouth again. Would he ever learn to just keep his comments to himself? If he hadn’t been a vampire, it would probably have killed him at some point already. Mort decided not to ask any more questions about the subject. He didn’t want to make the man depressed. To lighten up the mood again, he decided to ask something else entirely. In the hopes this time it would make the other enthusiastic again. He had caught up on the subject a couple of times, and it seemed to make him happy. ”So, tell me about Elliot”, He said with a little smile, after being quiet for a moment to give the Commander the time to pull himself back together again.

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op wo mei 30, 2018 12:07 am
There were no happy memories when he thought back to his old village. The only thing he could remember where the whispers and the stares, the accusations. ''Devil's child. Demon. Failure.'' He had inprented those words in his head, he hadn't known any better. But then Ceres had come along. And she had shown him the way, she had proven him there was much more than the dark thoughts inside your head.

Elliot. He had to tell about Elliot. Like some sort of switch, Mercury's sad mood vanished and on came the smile again. The vampire chuckled, letting his hands fall on his chest. ''Elliot is.. the brightest of them all. The oldest. The first one.'' He started, not even sure if Mort actually knew who Elliot was. ''He disappeared a couple of days ago. I've been trying to find him, I think he's hiding, maybe on a break.'' His eyes scouted the sky, but no matter where he looked, that bright burning star was nowhere to be found. ''But Julliet keeps me company. And Zane, and Missy and all the others. It's just.. weird. I'm so used to seeing him, and now he's gone. Without saying goodbye. Ain't that a dick move?'' Mercury almost sounded hurt, frowning he looked sideways, anticipating Mort's reaction.
BY MITZI

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op wo mei 30, 2018 12:53 am

IM NOT YOUR DISCIPLE
i choose how i sin

Switching subjects again had been a smart idea. He had also mentioned a way better one this time. For fucking once. Well done Mort. You’re not a complete disaster. Anyway, the Commander seemed to be in a way better mood now he had mentioned Elliot. Whoever that might be. He had kind of caught up on the fact that he had named the stars, but the reason why was only for him to guess now. His explanation didn’t make it clear either. Only that the star had disappeared, without saying anything. But at least there were a bunch of others to keep him company, or so he claimed.

”Everyone needs a break from time to time”, Mort said with a little nod. Hadn’t he been hiding here for the exact same reason? Because he needed a break from his life in Rhoynar? It felt like he was switching between two whole different lives. ”Luckily you got the others. I’m sure he will be back any time soon”, He said with a smile. ”If I get back to Rhoynar, I will keep an eye out for him, alright? Tell him you want him to come home”, He promised the Commander. It was the least he could do after he had helped him earlier.

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op do mei 31, 2018 10:37 am
Why was it that Mort seemed to understand him better than the people around him, where he had been stuck with for centuries? Minerva had been the same in the beginning, she had helped him understand, she showed him the right path. But now, what was left of that? Sure, they had their soft moments, but the bickering and the hate towards each other only grew more with the day. Sooner or later it was going to explode and what would happen then? Would there still be a Commander of War and a Commander of Peace? Or would one of them finally understand that death was imminent? Mercury probably would.

Mort told him he had others and Mercury smiled at that comment. Indeed he had, but none of them were as special as Elliot. Elliot had been there from the beginning, had been his guide through dark nights and cold mornings. Seeing him gone left an empty feeling in his chest. ''I don't get why Minerva doesn't like you.'' He confessed with a smile, looking at Mort again, before the smile changed into a grin. ''Oh wait, I do,'' He spoke before poking Mort in the cheek. ''You're supposed to be cursed. Or an outsider. Well jokes on her, I started as an outsider as well! Used to be one of the village.'' It felt relieving to no longer associate himself with that village below, but it would always feel like it had taken some part of him away.
BY MITZI

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op do mei 31, 2018 11:09 am

IM NOT YOUR DISCIPLE
i choose how i sin

It appeared that all the Guardians on this mountain had their own coping mechanism for their immortality. Would he go mad like them at some point too? Would he start talking to the stars? Or maybe he would just adopt a thousand ducklings to keep him company. The idea didn’t even sound that bad. For now though, he preferred to communicate with actual intelligent life. Like the Commander, for example. Even if the subject was a strange one like this.

The Messenger suddenly poked his cheek, which made him let out a surprised gasp. He listened to his words. Now he didn’t seem to mind talking about the village. ”Well, but I am cursed, so she had all the right to not like me”, He said with a little smile. ”How long did it take you for the people here to accept you?” He asked curiously. Was it really possible to just.. Settle somewhere else without any trouble?

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op do mei 31, 2018 11:15 am
''What makes one cursed and what makes one blessed?'' Mercury spoke, throwing the philosophical question in the ring. To be honest, he didn't really see the deal, Mort was a lot younger than them but he seemed the same. Maybe he was blessed as well but by another being. What if there was also a Father? I mean, the Mother couldn't be called the Mother unless.. Oh, wait. But they were her Children. But then who was the Dad? It all was very confusing to Mercury so he tried to stop thinking about it.

The Commander shrugged, trying to come up with a reasonal time. ''The people here are a lot more accepting than the ones down below. All are welcome here, none should be exluded.'' Though Minerva had started to think otherwise, Mercury still believed that anyone, old or young, dying or at the start of a new life, were welcome here. They just had to find the place. Which seemed harder than it sounded.
BY MITZI

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op do mei 31, 2018 11:35 am

IM NOT YOUR DISCIPLE
i choose how i sin

''What makes one cursed and what makes one blessed?''

There it was again. The question that had been occupying his mind for the last couple of days. Ever since Minerva had called him exactly that back at the Temple, he had been struggling with it. Now he had a clearer answer though. The Warrior had explained it to him perfectly. ”Because I don’t have any use to the world around me. I just kind of exist”, He sighed. ”And to do so, I must hurt others, take their energy and weaken them in the process. Everyone around me would be better off if I was dead dead”, He continued. Then he smiled at the Commander. ”You are blessed because the Mother had a task for you. One you can only fulfill if you have time on your side”, He concluded with a soft nod. He had come here to learn, and he had done exactly that.

His next words surprised him a bit. Fair, he hadn’t been straight up attacked here. There were no guards walking around, heavily armed, to stop outsiders from walking through. ”I don’t think a lot of them are even aware this village exists”, He mentioned. Even Lexa had seemed surprised when meeting the Warrior at the Temple. She knew about the village, but.. It all was shrouded in mystery.

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op do mei 31, 2018 11:52 am
Carefully, Mercury listened to Mort's answer. It didn't seem to come directly from him. No, it rather sounded like someone had told him that. The vampire shook his head. ''I don't like that explanation.'' He said, casually, like it was no big deal. ''Look at me. Do I have any purpose to fulfill right now? No, I have to wait my time until Minerva starts a little war again and then I come in to clean up her mess. Until that time comes, all I can do is nothing.'' He retorted, trying to help Mort understand that he thought that there was no difference between them. Maybe a couple of years, but that was not changeable. ''..And occasionally pet some cats. But don't tell her that.'' The Commander added with a grin.

Mercury nodded, softly biting his lip while he returned to looking at the sky. ''Maybe it's best it stays that way. So as soon as you leave these grounds, zip it starboy.'' He made a zip gesture on his mouth before he chuckled. ''Or Minerva won't be the only one hunting your ass.'' No, probably the entire Commander-unit would go after him, excluding him because he would probably saw a cat along the way that he just had to pet, if not the current Commander herself. But what if.. Mort did indeed tell and their secret would be out. Would that mean the Mother perhaps could wake up?
BY MITZI

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op do mei 31, 2018 2:17 pm

IM NOT YOUR DISCIPLE
i choose how i sin

To his surprise, the Commander of Peace disagreed. Somehow he had expected him to think the same as his fellow Commander, as they were living together for so long. He had thought the mindset of the people in this village were kind of similar. How else had they lived together without actually killing each other? Fair, he had seen how they had their discussions as well. Wasn’t that the point of having multiple people in charge though? So the power wouldn’t be with one person, and they could make decisions based on logic rather than one person following their heart, overruled by emotions.

”Maybe not right now, no. But wasn’t that the point? I thought you were meant to wait until the people needed you, and that’s why the Mother blessed you with immortality”, He faintly objected. The young vampire laughed when he mentioned cats. Human emotions, after all. ”I like ducklings”, He grinned sheepishly. When the Commander told him to keep his mouth shut, he became more serious again though. ”I won’t. I too think it’s better that they don’t know”, He sighed. Especially Lexa. What would she do if she found out the Mother was still alive?

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: