welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Deel
Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Aantal berichten : 104
IC posts : 99

Character sheet
Residence : Mother's Mountains
Profiel bekijken

Re: Mad world

op wo mei 30, 2018 6:52 pm
Sell your soul, not your whole self
The moment he sat down and he stared at his hands, everything seemed to go back to normal. No hot breath of Cratos in his neck, no knife against his throat. He lived another day. It was only a matter of minutes before a smile crept back on his face and he seemed to be the old Mercury again. How easily he could stuff those negative feelings away. It wasn't healthy, but he did it anyway, no one needed to know.

It calmed him even more when the news was brought that Diana would look how the Second would be doing. Anyone but Minerva honestly was fine, but Mercury looked up to the Commander of Nature and her ways. He looked up to all of them, but he hoped none of them would notice. He was, after all, supposed to be one of them, yet even after all these years he was still the outsider. The Commoner. He knew that at least Minerva thought of him like that. Not that she was wrong.

A bit nervously Mercury fumbled with his hands when Minerva was about to speak up again. It was all very exciting, don't get the young vampire wrong, but.. also scary. Maybe they weren't allowed to leave, or maybe something else would happen. The boy let his mismatched eyes shift over the Guardians, anticipating their reaction, holding his breath and trying not to smile so broadly. Because in the end Minerva wouldn't listen to their warnings anyway. They had free game.
BY MITZI
Aantal berichten : 15
IC posts : 13

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op wo mei 30, 2018 7:52 pm

Natura nihil frustra facit

The look Diana gave to the other Commanders was serious and calm, but on the inside, she was pretty eager to know what their answers would be and if they were going to oppose to her suggestion. It was true that the Huntress was as good as everyone else when it came to judge if people were suitable to participate in the Conclave or not, but at the same time, she hadn’t done it for quite a while, so she was a little rusty. Nevertheless, she trusted her own abilities, that’s why she suggested she herself could go.

A simple but gentle smile appeared on the face of the Commander of Nature when everyone else agreed and she nodded slightly, thankful and honored. Minerva proceeded, briefly introducing the person she had to judge. ’I want to know if his head and heart are in the right place.’ Without a word, Diana solemnly nodded, agreeing with the Warrior. Her mind immediately started wandering. What and how could she work this task out? Would she do the same things she used to do? Hunting? Surviving? Trying to bring this person in front of the hardest decision of his life? Probably all of them. Being Commander wasn’t a joke after all and the Guardians had to make sure that only people who were ready and aware of their future task would take part to the Conclave.

Min’s voice snapped Diana back to reality. “But there is something else I’d like to discuss as well.” So it wasn’t over. The Huntress really hoped that they were just having a light and simple conversation for once - even though it wasn’t exactly light, not after almost risking to lose Mercury over a stupid cat - but clearly that wasn’t the case. ’What is it?’ She simply asked with a neutral voice tone.
+ tag: Minerva, Apollo, Juno, Mercury
+ notes: none

BY MITZI
Aantal berichten : 42
IC posts : 41

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op wo mei 30, 2018 9:16 pm

NE CHERCHEZ PLUS MON COEUR
des monstres l'ont mangé

The Healer was smart enough not to touch the strings of his instrument, as he knew Minerva would not be happy at all. A shame, truly. Any meeting would be a lot more pleasant if he could just play a little tune while they were talking. But he respected her desire to keep these conversations strictly professional. When they all agreed on sending Diana to meet with this new Second, Minerva gave more details about him. A shapeshifter, a smith, by the name of Orion. He was curious for the Huntress’ judgement. Even though choosing a Second was a task for the current Commander, it was important for them to make sure she had made the right choice.

Just when he thought the meeting would be over and the Warrior would send them each on their way, she spoke up again. “But there is something else I’d like to discuss as well.” She said, and he could hear in the tone of her voice what it was. He didn’t even have to ask. So he kept quiet and let Diana have the honour of asking. His blue eyes were focussed on the Commander of War, a neutral expression on his white-painted face.

Aantal berichten : 9
IC posts : 6

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op do mei 31, 2018 10:21 am
We drink the poison our minds pour for us
and wonder why we feel so sick.

Everyone seemed to agree with the fact that Diana should go this time. She trusted Diana with this task. Unlike some others, Diana would be able to make a good and fair judgement. Minerva had her demons screaming over her shoulders, Mercury would probably be too distracted by other things and Apollo had villagers to heal - he was probably too quiet as well. Minerva explained that his name was Orion and he was a shapeshifter - to which Juno only nodded. He sounded like someone who already had a lot of knowledge about weapons, now she only had to hope that his head and heart was in the right place. Juno tilted her head slightly towards Minerva, already knowing that there was more to this discussion than just the boy Minerva started about. She had a feeling, like she always had a feeling - and her feelings were rarely wrong.

Juno couldn't help but sigh slightly as the woman next to her spoke. There was more to discuss. Was there another war coming in the eyes of Minerva? Probably. The woman had been saying this ever since Juno knew her. Well, it was kind of her job. The Bringer of War. Juno wasn't too glad about it. As Commander of Safety, she had to keep the people of Vanaheim safe. And if these wars keep coming, she was going to have a hard time doing so. Even though she must admit; they have had a long time of peace and war was certainly coming. It was inevitable. Something the human nature couldn't resist over time.

guardians of Vanaheim  

'You can't protect them all.' I have to try.
Aantal berichten : 56
IC posts : 50

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op do mei 31, 2018 12:53 pm

Can't you feel them breathing down your neck?
The other Commanders never liked the idea of war. To be expected. She wouldn’t need to be here if they had all fully accepted it as part of the life they led. If they actually were prepared constantly. There had been a time where she wasn’t either, where she lived as carefree as a normal human being would have. Her preparations were good, but she wasn’t with her head in the war at all times. She had made sure everyone was well prepared in case something would go wrong, but she had still had hopes that it wouldn’t. Hope that she, over time, had lost completely. Ceres leaving didn’t make this any better.

The only one speaking up was Diana, something that didn’t quite surprise the Commander. She could see the nerves in Mercury and had to keep herself from smiling at it. Instead, she kept her face straight. “It has been a while since I have left,” she spoke. Centuries, even. She had never been one to leave her people behind. “But I am taking Mercury to Navarre. I want to see what has happened.” She looked at each Commander individually, before her gaze fell upon Mercury. Was this a good idea? She had no clue. Perhaps. Cratos sure as hell didn't think it was.
@ diana, apollo, juno, mercury

I find it kind of funny,
I find it kind of sad
That dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op do mei 31, 2018 2:46 pm
Oh, oh, oh! Here they went. Mercury sat a little more straight, looked around once more and smiled. He seemed to already have completely forgotten that Minerva wanted him dead only minutes ago. But what was new? She usually had that murderous look on her face when she looked at him. I mean, what had he ever done to her? Besides you know.. maybe talking a little too much. Her words were a little vague, but the others probably understood.

''The fire has destroyed a part of the land, we are only going to see how it is recovering, how things are.'' He clarified, trying to make a serious face, but the excitement was clear. He was so ready to leave this place for a while, just to get a different look on things. Maybe it would help Minerva as well. Maybe she wouldn't be so keen on starting a war anymore if she saw how people were doing. But that was probably false hope.
BY MITZI

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op do mei 31, 2018 7:31 pm

The Guardians agreed and the atmosphere was light only for a short moment. Minerva then talked again and even though Diana somehow understood what she was hinting at, she asked the Warrior anyway, because she wanted to make sure and wanted to hear what the other had to say. She replied to the Huntress question in an unexpected way, though. Diana furrowed her eyebrows when she heard Mercury’s name coming out of Minerva’s mouth. Wasn’t she about to kill him just a moment ago? Her thoughts were interrupted by the boy’s voice who was seconding what the Commander of War had just said and clarified the reason why they were going.

Somehow, the fact that Mercury already agreed with Minerva, put the Huntress at ease. After all, the Messenger was still alive after all those centuries of threats coming from the Warrior, and Diana trusted both of them to help each other… Or at least she hoped that. With a silent deep breath, the woman finally nodded. ’I have no objections. Checking upon Navarre is actually a great idea.’ She commented, pushing her gut feelings aside, trying to think rationally. ’Have you already decided when you’ll leave?’ She asked then, looking at the woman in front of her first and then at the other Guardian sitting a little further.

BY MITZI

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op do mei 31, 2018 7:52 pm

des monstres l'ont mangé

The meeting was not over yet, and Apollo waited for whatever else they had to discuss. He tried not to think the worst yet, though he could see the others were struggling a bit with that issue as well. They were all expecting another speech on war, and how they needed to prepare. Yet, they were wrong. She was taking Mercury to Navarre. The Healer kept a neutral expression, which was almost flawless after centuries of practise. The youngest Commander seemed very enthusiastic about it. They must have talked about this in private earlier, he concluded.

Diana was the first to give her opinion on the matter. He listened to her words carefully. She had no problem with the plans, but he would have to disappoint. ”Actually, I do have objections”, He said, taking a deep breath before continuing. ”We have no business in Navarre. Their armies won’t march here, unless they invade Valyria first”, He continued. ”Navarre is no threat to us”, He then concluded. So why leave Vanaheim to check upon lands that didn’t matter to them at all?

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op vr jun 01, 2018 9:19 am

They wanted to go to Navarre. Juno met Minerva's gaze, just before she looked at the other two guardians to try to confirm what their opinions on this matter was. Apollo seemed to stay rather calm, so did Diana. She frowned lightly, listening to Mercury's words. They wanted to check up on the place, because it of the fire that had burned a part of Navarre down a while ago. The woman remained silent, however, after she had decided to first hear what Apollo and DIana had to say. Diana agreed, it would be a good thing to check upon Navarre. And Apollo disagreed, he didn't think there was anything in Navarre that was of their concern. She had to agree with him, even slightly. "I do have to agree with Apollo, there is nothing in Navarre for us." She looked to both of her sides, where Minerva and Mercury sat.

"However, I already know you are going and nothing we have to say can change that." She looked over to Minerva, knowing that her words weren't a question at all, more like an announcement. "You have my support, but.. don't cause anything unnecessary." It was quite clear what the woman meant. Don't cause a goddamn war. 
guardians of Vanaheim  

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op vr jun 01, 2018 11:52 am

By now, she knew her Commanders well enough to know who would disagree. It was of no surprise that Apollo spoke up, telling her that Navarre was not a threat. The immediate, angry whisper in her ear caused the Warrior to raise her hand, signaling Cratos to stop. Of course, it would have been too easy if that actually worked and he went on. Her hand lowered when she felt his breath down her neck and she moved her body forward a bit, clenching her teeth as Juno spoke.

A silence seemed to follow. One in which Minerva desperately tried to keep her calm, while she felt Styx up her other shoulder, whispering words that were in contradiction with Cratos’. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath in and focused her attention on the other Commanders as well as she could. “You’re right,” she agreed with Apollo. “I am not planning to head to Navarre because I think they are any more of a threat than any other land.” That had to be clear. In her current opinion, it wasn’t Navarre that was the most likely to cause a war. “If we would go to check up on a possible enemy, we would have gone for the Archeon,” she calmly explained.

I want to see. Mercury and I had an encounter with a cursed one from another land,” she explained. “Our Commander has been going around, accepting these strangers as our allies. If that is to be accepted, I want us to see for ourselves.” She wasn’t planning on causing a war. Not this time. Ceres had accepted the Common Folks into her lands once, after hundreds of years of their tribe having it to themselves. Now, centuries later, a Commander had spoken against the popular belief that the lands were theirs and that everything outside of it, was a world that did not matter. And Minerva agreed. It did matter. However, Minerva did not agree on allowing them to step food in their lands. Quite the opposite: she wanted to see what they were about. What had changed since the last time she had left the holy lands? What was it they could expect from them if they ever opposed them?

I don’t know when we’ll be leaving yet,” she finally answered Diana’s question. “I’m not sure about the route we’ll be taking either. Whether we’ll head through Valyria or take the safer way around, through the mountains.” It would be longer. Absolutely. But, she would rather avoid Valyria. Not only was the temperature ridiculous, she’d also rather avoid anyone who worked under the king. As sudden intruders who, in her case obviously, were from Vanaheim would not be appreciated. The previous Commander had made sure their relationship with Valyria was… not as well as it could be.

I find it kind of funny,
I find it kind of sad

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op vr jun 01, 2018 1:21 pm
Mercury had no say in this matter. He had agreed a few days ago that he would come with her and even now, he was not regretting that desicion. Minerva had already promised to try to not kill him when they were away and Mercury wasn't as stupid to not have his own tricks up his sleeve. He wasn't called the trickster for nothing. Although, he didn't really feel like that lately. But the smiles didn't fade and his happy chatter only continued. No one needed to know.

Softly the vampire chuckled when Minerva spoke of the cursed one. The duckling. It took him everything he had in him to not speak of it. No one really needed to hear him at the moment anyway, that much was clear to him. ''If we go through Valyria we can see how different they might be?'' The Commander offered, actually trying to be serious now. But also, if they went through Valyria there was a bigger chance that he would meet new people. Nice people. ''We could get a better view of the different allies the current Commander is accepting.'' Mercury played with a loose thread of one of his sleeves, like he usually did when he was a bit uncomfortable. He didn't want to sound stupid, he just wanted to help.
BY MITZI

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op vr jun 01, 2018 9:51 pm

Diana didn’t expect everyone to agree with her, Min and Merc. They were all different after all, but their differences made them a great team. Even if their thoughts clashed, they always managed to figure out a solution. They never bickered or ended up fighting over some disagreement, especially when they were in the meeting room.

This time too, they didn’t have the same opinion. Apollo spoke right after the Huntress, explaining the reason why he didn’t think that was a good idea. He wasn’t wrong, but Diana trusted that they had a good reason why, both Minerva and Mercury, they had to leave the Mountain. ”... I already know you are going and nothing we have to say can change that." A little and barely audible snort came from Diana’s direction while the woman raised one side of her lips, creating an asymmetric grin on that perfect face of hers. ”...don't cause anything unnecessary." Juno then added and Diana couldn’t agree more.

The same thing couldn’t be said of Minerva. The Huntress immediately noticed a change in her behaviour, she was holding herself back once again, probably her demons. The woman, however, decided not to ask her anything about it. Although she was tense, the Warrior was able to explain the reason why she thought they had to leave. Apparently, cursed ones existed all over the world and they were curious to ’see’, as Minerva herself said. The Warrior’s speech was airtight, at least to Diana, who thought that wanting to check upon possible threats or even possible allies by actually seeing them first-hand was the right choice. ’Again, no objections. But I must agree with Juno when she says that you shouldn’t do anything unnecessary.’ War was the last thing they needed. It had been a long period of peace, and to be quite honest, Diana didn’t mind that at all. That was essentially the Commander of Nature: all she cared about was in Vanaheim; her people, her plants. Anything threatening any of those things’ balance, was a threat to the woman as well and since she didn’t see any threat in what they were talking about, she also didn’t really care about details, that is why she simply sat silent, listening to the others’ debate.

BY MITZI

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op vr jun 01, 2018 10:20 pm

des monstres l'ont mangé

His objections probably caused a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened. - Obi-Wan Kenobi, sensing the destruction of Alderaan, Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope with the demons bothering Minerva. She lifted her hand, as to shush them. A motion he had seen her made countless of times, most likely without having much of an effect. Yet, she managed to explain her plans in further detail. It seemed like Juno was somewhat convinced, but she had already seen it happen. So there was not really a point in discussing it any further.

Though he agreed with all of them when they mentioned not to cause any trouble. ”I would rather have you avoid Valyria”, He mentioned. For obvious reasons. The last Commander had made a mess, provoking the King and his armies. Having them march on Vanaheim would bring destruction to their gates. ”The paths through the mountains of Falkreath will be less traveled too”, He only added. There. If they wanted to go so badly, he would stop objecting. Maybe it would help them both to get their minds off of their struggles for a while as well.

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op za jun 02, 2018 9:56 pm

It was clear that Minerva and Mercury had discussed this before. The younger vampire seemed to be quite excited by the fact that they were heading out and for one second, Juno almost thought that he might have forgotten about Minerva’s threat just a few minutes ago. Well. He could be glad he was immortal and none of them really carried around weapons made out of wood. Juno raised her eyebrows slightly when they spoke of a cursed one from another land they had encountered the other day. Were they roaming their mountains now, too? Lexa wanted to change the beliefs of her people and Juno wondered if she would ever be able to do so. The people of Vanaheim were known for their stubbornness and traditions; traditions they sticked to, no matter what. Blood must have blood; for example. ”Did the cursed one mention anything of importance?” She had not seen the person in her visions, which made her wonder about the cursed one; who was this person?

Diana agreed with her on the ‘not doing anything unnecessary’ and silently the woman nodded to the Huntress. They had to keep war away for as long as they could. The last commander hadn’t made it easy for them to bring peace over Vanaheim, which made the connection between Vanaheim and Valyria not that.. great. It would not be a wise idea for them to go through Vanaheim, especially not since they would have to move quite close towards the mayor cities. Especially not because Valyria wasn’t all too fond of Vanaheim. Apollo seemed to speak her mind, when he disagreed with travelling towards Valyria. ”Yet again, I agree with Apollo. It wouldn’t be wise to travel through Valyria. It’s too soon.” And maybe they had to wait a couple of years before the hatred between the two lands would sink a little. Right now, the best choice would be to move through the mountains. Your best bet would be to move through the mountains." Going through Valyria could possibly cause something unecessary and she was set on avoiding that.
guardians of Vanaheim  

Character sheet
Profiel bekijken

op di jun 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Mercury said he’d prefer to move through Valyria. Personally, Minerva didn’t disagree. It would, however, be something the others would consider an unnecessary risk. And she wasn’t planning on discussing that any further than needed today. Expecting them to tell her to go through the mountains, she was indeed planning to do so. On the way there, at least. Perhaps the road back would be different. With her, you never knew. She was, however, not planning on causing a war. She anticipated war, made sure everyone was aware of the risk of it. If she caused one, it was just to be the first to fight. She’d never cause one without reason. Ceres would have her head.

Diana told her not to do anything unneeded, after which Apollo said he would prefer if they avoided Valyria. “Not really,” Minerva spoke, after Juno had voiced to share his opinion and asked if the cursed one has said anything of value. “Perhaps we can take a look at Ceres.” A faint smile appeared on her face as she placed her gaze on Mercury. They were going to take a detour to Navarre. A long one, at that. It was quite clear that this was not just for the goal. That she also just needed her time away from here. For the Commander, it was already hard enough to keep her sanity. She had lost most of it since Ceres had locked herself away. She was trying to keep whatever was left of it.

Once we’re back,” she decided to say, “I would like for Juno to travel south and see what Rhoynar has to bring. She could take Diana with her.” Her blue eyes moved to Juno, raising a brow. Juno was the charmer, the one who could actually find herself between the people. “I trust you’ll be able to blend in fine.” Juno and Diana could use this as much as she did. And while she was aware that Apollo did too, he was the one person they needed at the village at all cost.

That is all for me, unless someone else has anything they need to say.” War was coming. They were all aware. For today, these words did not need to be spoken.

I find it kind of funny,
I find it kind of sad
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: