welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Apollo
Apollo
Aantal berichten : 42
IC posts : 41

Character sheet
Residence : Mother's Mountains

Far from home - Pagina 2 Empty Re: Far from home

za jun 02, 2018 6:16 pm

NE CHERCHEZ PLUS MON COEUR
des monstres l'ont mangé

Apollo understood his frustration. For immortal beings like themselves it was tricky not to get stuck in all the time they had. Feeling useless because every day was the same, and the days to come would be the same as well. The Healer pulled up the corner of his mouth lightly. ”You’re the Commander of Peace. The Mother trusted you with this very important task. We’ve been at peace for quite some time now. If you’d ask me, I’d say you’re doing a great job”, He said, giving the other a soft pat on his knee before pulling his hand back.

”Of course, you don’t need to pay attention to my opinion”, He chuckled softly. He had made a point by mentioning the Mother. She had indeed given the young boy a second chance. Because she truly believed in him. ”I’ve had the honour to live with Her for a bit longer than you did. There was not one moment She ever demanded too much. She knew we were all capable of doing our job, whatever it was. She wouldn’t have given you that second chance if She didn’t believe you could handle it”, He continued. Then he sighed lightly, tilting his head to the right for a second as he closed his eyes. ”Yet, there are times everything is a bit harder. But never have I ever seen Her disappointed. Rather She would forgive us, and expect us to do better afterwards. So now you have to ask yourself, what can you do different? What are you willing to change?” He asked Mercury. Difficult questions, for sure. But at some point, they all had to ask themselves the same one.

Mercury
Mercury
Aantal berichten : 104
IC posts : 99

Character sheet

za jun 02, 2018 9:27 pm
Sell your soul, not your whole self
It was tough talking about this kind of stuff, even after he had passed his sixhundred year birthday a long while ago, it didn't make it easier to talk. I mean, Mercury could talk all he wanted, but not about this. The Commander bit his lip and turned his gaze away from Apollo. It was hard to look at people when you were basically offering your heart at them. This was the weakest moment you could find a person in and you could either take their heart and crush it right there and then, or you could offer yours and tell them it was all going to be alright. Somehow, people always thought that was a difficult choice to make.

”Of course, you don’t need to pay attention to my opinion”, Immediately the Commander shook his head. ''No, everyone's opinion matters. Everyone needs to be heard, good or bad.'' He spoke firmly. For a moment, the true Commander of Peace seemed to show his face. Mercury sat up a little more straight, locking eyes with Apollo. ''Everyone has a voice.'' He added lastly, as if it suddenly was Apollo who needed the therapy.
But when the Healer asked the questions, Mercury's shoulders slumped again and his eyes went back to staring at his feet. A shrug followed. ''I don't know. After all these centuries it is becoming hard to understand what is right and what is wrong.'' In the end everything just became a blur and you rather were on automatic pilot than actually living. Some days he had to remind himself that he was still alive, that he was actually doing something. But then his mind would just wander off again and he would go back into his shell. Just smile and wave boys.
BY MITZI
Apollo
Apollo

Character sheet

zo jun 03, 2018 12:53 am

des monstres l'ont mangé

His comment clearly struck a nerve. In the blink of an eye, the whole attitude of the young Commander changed. He slipped back into who he was supposed to be. Passionate and proud. Certain about his purpose. But as soon as he was done talking, he fell out of it again. ”That’s true”, He agreed with the other. ”But it’s up to you to decide if you let that opinion affect you or not”, He continued with a nod. That could be the hardest part. Respecting the opinion but knowing when to act on it or not.

''I don't know. After all these centuries it is becoming hard to understand what is right and what is wrong.'' The man confessed. Apollo let his pale blue eyes fall upon the other. He could understand that. He felt the same from time to time. Music was usually the method to make him snap out of it again. ”Maybe you will find that balance again when you go travel”, He said, offering him a reminder of a thing he was looking forward to. Maybe this way, he would actually get excited again.

Mercury
Mercury

Character sheet

zo jun 03, 2018 1:05 am
Of course Apollo's opinion mattered to him. Every opinion did, good or bad, hateful or peaceful. He let them all wash over him and eventually chose to ignore the ones that were not useful. No, he didn't ignore them, that would contradict what he just said. No, he would just.. stall them. And then they would hit him twice as hard when he wasn't thinking of it. Maybe because he stalled them in the back of his head he was feeling like this. But else was he to do? He couldn't just let them go.. no, the people mattered. Right and wrong.

The thought of getting to travel again did cheer him up a bit. A faint smile appeared on the lips of the Commander before he tried to look at Apollo again. ''Could I?'' He asked the Healer as if heh eld all the answers in the world. Mercury wanted to believe it so badly, but something in his mind told him that nothing would change. It never did. It would just be temporary. ''I mean, travelling is really fun, don't get me wrong. Just the look of a different mountain would probably help, but then again I would be alone on the road with Minerva and who knows how that will go. I mean, what if something happens to her? Then what do I do? Or what if something happens along the way? What if..'' Mercury's voice softened and then died out, his eyes found the sight of his hands again. ''I'm talking too much again, aren't I?''
BY MITZI
Apollo
Apollo

Character sheet

zo jun 03, 2018 1:14 am

des monstres l'ont mangé

The Healer was the only Guardian that never really left the village. He always had to stay behind to make sure the Children could receive his blessing when they needed it. It made leaving for more than a few days impossible. The others could travel if they wanted, and he would lie if he told them he wasn’t jealous. He had to find other ways to keep himself occupied. To make sure he didn’t go crazy up here. Luckily the Children would talk to him. Because they trusted him and counted on him when they were hurt. Maybe even more so than they trusted the other Commanders.

When the travellers came back home, he always noticed how different they were behaving. So it had to have some sort of effect on their mood. His little plan to trigger some happiness in the other seemed to work, as he happily started rambling again. Sincerely, this time. Apollo smiled reassuring when he noticed it too. ”No, you’re not. Those are all very valid questions. I assume you have some time left though, to go through the details with her? I’m sure you both won’t go unprepared”, He replied. Minerva was kind of known for her well thought through plans of action.

Mercury
Mercury

Character sheet

zo jun 03, 2018 1:21 am
How quickly someone's enthusiasm could die down and how quickly Mercury seemed to forget that he was supposed to be sad or happy. The youngling seemed to jump from emotion to emotion, never questioning how he could do it so easily, how he didn't seem to care. But mentally it was tearing him apart. And the wounds were starting to show.

Mercury nodded, letting out a deep sigh before nodding again, to make sure that Apollo really knew he agreed with the Healer. ''But.. '' The Commander started again as if he had a million things to say that were against Apollo's words. And there were many things he could say. But instead, Mercury shut up again. Even if it only felt for a mere seconds. ''But what if it causes a war?'' It was an honest question, one he was scared to ask. But he didi t anyway. Because he was Mercury and he talked too much anyway.
BY MITZI
Apollo
Apollo

Character sheet

zo jun 03, 2018 11:05 am

des monstres l'ont mangé

Even though Apollo hadn’t agreed right away with their destination, he knew it was time for another expedition. Not only for the sake of Vanaheim, but also for the mental wellbeing of the Guardians too. Living with the same people for centuries, sometimes caused little irritations. If those kept stacking up, at some point one of them would explode. It would be calm on the mountain when Minerva and Mercury were gone. Peace and quiet. Which would also be positive for the ones staying behind. And hopefully, they would come back with stories to entertain them for the upcoming few decades.

The Trickster seemed to have a lot of worries though. ''But what if it causes a war?'' He asked, another fair question. Apollo folded his hands in his lap for a second. Wait, where was his lyre? Quickly he looked around, finding the instrument sitting on the table. Good. Couldn’t trust anyone with his beloved lyre! Anyway. ”Wars don’t start over one night, or one person, for that matter. If it does, then it means it was already close to happening anyway”, He replied. Even though she was the Commander of War, not even Minerva had the power to ignite a whole war in a country that was at peace and minding its own business.

Mercury
Mercury

Character sheet

za jun 09, 2018 8:23 pm
Wars didn't start with one person. But what if Apollo was wrong? Someone had to take action that would ultimately lead to a war. So somehwere, it did start with one person. So what if it was him?What if he already hade done the action that was needed to start a war? Commander of Peace? Scratch that, Commander of being extremely useless suited him better.

The youngling shrugged, staring at his feet. He didn't quite believe Apollo's words, but what was he to do? He couldn't stay sad forever. I mean, he could try, and he was fairly good at it although he hadn't even noticed himself, but it wasn't the point of his life. Not anymore. Mercury sighed, having the courage to look at Apollo. ''What a mess.'' He said with a sheepish smile, some of the usual happiness flowing back to his eyes. He would get there, eventually.
BY MITZI
Apollo
Apollo

Character sheet

za jun 09, 2018 9:21 pm

des monstres l'ont mangé

While he spoke, he knew the words were true. A truth for the better. If Minerva was capable of starting wars whenever she wanted, they would have much more problems to deal with. They’d be in a state of constant warfare. Even though the Warrior warned them to be ready all the time, it was still different. Hopefully his words would reassure the younger Commander. It seemed to work. Though he could never be sure with the Trickster. He was good in hiding the truth. And his true feelings. Apollo could sometimes see right through it, but other times he couldn’t. So he was careful. Even though the other appeared to be a lot calmer, he knew there was one more thing he could try to cheer him up even more.

”Wait here”, He told him, after which he got up. The Healer walked to one of the other rooms. It was dark, but the blessing helped him to see as if the room was lit by broad daylight. Carefully he picked up the little ball of fluff that was curled up on the couch. He carried the cat back to Mercury. ”I believe this one is yours”, He said with a soft grin. He placed the animal on the lap of the other. ”She found her way to my stash of catnip. There should be no hurtful side effects, but.. She might react a little slow to everything”, He explained. Yep. The cat was stoned as fuck.

Mercury
Mercury

Character sheet

za jun 09, 2018 9:44 pm
Mercury frowned slightly. Wait? Wait for what? He was done wiating, he wanted to get out of here. Not specifically Apollo's house but just here. His surroundings. It felt like he needed a break. Mercury's eyes followed Apollo as he entered another room, only to come back with something that immediately changed Mercury's mood.

The smile on the younglings face broadened, his eyes lit up and he immideately stretched out his hands to get the little kitten in his arms. She seemed.. asleep. Mercury kept smiling, looking at Apollo and then back at the kitten. Oh dear. ''She's always been a devil..'' Mercury spoke with a grin before rubbing the belly of the little ball of fluff. ''I was kind of thinking of naming her Minerva but..'' The vampire fell still again, looking at the kitten with a soft smile. ''Minerva would probably not be very pleased with that. I mean, when is Minerva actually pleased? She never is, she's always judging, always complaining. I mean, I would too if I were her, but that doesn't mean she entitled to do so.'' He rambled on and a chuckle left his mouth. Mercury seemed to be.. Mercury again.

Oh, the power of kittens.
BY MITZI
Apollo
Apollo

Character sheet

za jun 09, 2018 10:15 pm

des monstres l'ont mangé

It hadn’t been the first time one of his cats had walked into his home. It certainly wouldn’t be the last time either. Mercury had this tendency to take stray cats who were wounded back to the village. Much to the annoyance of Minerva. The Healer himself didn’t really mind. As long as they didn’t ruin any of his belongings, that was. His instruments, that would be the worst. But he had a whole room dedicated to his art. Smart as he was, he kept the door to that room locked when he was away. Just to be sure.

Anyway, now Mercury was here, he could return the cat to him. Now she was his problem to deal with. The Healer laughed softly when the other started blabbering again. ”Speaking of, you should keep her away from Minerva”, He said with a gentle smile. It was no secret that the Warrior wasn’t too fond of Mercury’s little friends. How could she not though? It was obvious the Messenger was feeling much better with some feline company around him.

Mercury
Mercury

Character sheet

za jun 09, 2018 10:43 pm
Now with the kitten in his arms, Mercury was Mercury again. He rubbed the fluffball on her belly, smiling softly. A true dad. It wouldn't be long before he had to give her back to the forest again, when he had found her she had been malnourished and abandoned. But now she was a strong independent kitten who didn't need no mom. And Mercury was proud. He always got attached to the felines he brought back, but knew that if he let them stay any longer they would end up as main course on Minerva's barbecue. They didn't deserve that.

Apollo's warning made him not, looking at the Healer for a short moment before his attention got back to the kitten again. ''I know I should but you know Minerva, she finds out everything, even if it happened threehundred years ago, I mean, a few weeks back she suddenly talked about me once breaking into her room but I can't even remember? I mean, why would I even- oh..'' A sudden realization seemed to hit him. The smile seemed to fade again, but this time he looked more mischievously than sad. ''I did it because she said I wasn't allowed to.'' Classic Mercury.
BY MITZI
Apollo
Apollo

Character sheet

za jun 09, 2018 11:01 pm

des monstres l'ont mangé

The she-cat was very docile, allowing the Commander to rub her belly. Or, she was just so used to Mercury giving her cuddles that she had just accepted it. These wild cats were usually scared of humans, hiding in the forest when they heard someone approach. The youngling sure had a gift, he could just pick them up and carry them here. Not always without a little struggle though. Apollo knew well enough he came home with all kinds of scratches, the proof of his rescue attempts.

The other would have to do an effort to keep them safe here inside the village as well. With Minerva around, the cats were at risk of being shredded to pieces by her demons. Not the prettiest of sights. Mercury said that it had no use to try and hide things from her, which he proved by sharing a story. The Healer slightly frowned. ”Mercury..”, He said, slowly shaking his head. ”Try to at least listen to what she’s telling you when you go travel, alright?” He told him. No one would want her to come back alone, with the message she had ended their Brother.

Mercury
Mercury

Character sheet

zo jun 24, 2018 3:31 pm
His ateention was drawn to the cat again. The softness of its belly calmed him more than he actually had expected and it felt nice to have a furry friend closeby again. Now it was just a matter of time before Minerva found out and ordered for his head again. Maybe he really needed to stop bringing cats into the village. But maybe he didn't listen to his rational thoughts. Maybe because he was Mercury and something in his head was wired wrong and he ended up as this complete mess. At least he had kittens though.

Apollo's words reached him but were discarted without even thinking. Of course he would listen, he always listened. He just didn't always recognize the words as words of importance leading him to making mistakes and fucking everything up. But what's new. He had been doing this for sevenhundred years. You would almost say that they had to get used to it by now. Mercury kept rubbing the belly of the cat, a soft smile on his lips. ''I always listen. I'm good at listening.'' He retored, looking up for a moment to meet eyes with Apollo before his attention was drawn to the cat in his arms again.
BY MITZI
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: