welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator
Aantal berichten : 1327
IC posts : 1116

Character sheet
Residence : Brightwater Keep, Rhoynar

Broken beyond repair - Pagina 5 Empty Re: Broken beyond repair

zo jul 01, 2018 12:00 am

The pull on my flesh was just too strong
Stifled the choice and the air in my lungs
Better not to breathe than to breathe a lie

Of course she disagreed. She always disagreed. He never did anything that was right in her eyes, he always had to fuck things up and had to pay for it. But not this time, no, this time he was determined to make others feel what he had gone through. He would make sure that for once, he wasn’t the only one. His whole life had been a misery and now someone had to pay for it. Not himself, no, he had been through too much.

Instead, somehow his thoughts gunned down his brother. Telling him that he had been the one to cause all this. It sounded logical in his head right now, but it could be the poison talking, not himself. But it didn’t matter. He had a target now, he had someone to take the blame for. And how he would suffer. Kaz didn’t even think about the fact that Mort was his brother, or that he only wanted the best for him. No, instead Kaz could only come up with all the bad things that had happened. Their meetup, him almost dying, Mort biting him and not listening to him. It had been in front of his eyes all this time and somehow he had been blind to it. Or he wanted to be.

After all, it was his brother. He was the only family he still had left. Was he ready to discard that fact? Was he ready to ruin their bond forever and always? It seemed like it as the vampire stayed on his feet and focussed his eyes on the door. He had to get out, he had to get to his brother. He had to pay. Kaz groaned as he felt how his head protested. But he had to do this. Allison’s warning didn’t get through, as he shifted his eyes towards her again. ‘’Where is he?’’ Some sort of threat was beneath his words, a useless and empty threat as he got nowhere without anyone. He was useless without her.

BY MITZI
Allison Lenier
Aantal berichten : 1191
IC posts : 1131

Character sheet
Residence : Brightwater Keep

zo jul 01, 2018 12:31 am
Surrounded, but always alone
So pick a place, pretend it's home
The higher you climb, the further you fall. But don't be ashamed of wanting it all. Cause the view from the top is beautiful but fleeting. Looks can be deceiving
All she wanted and all she would ever want, was for him to be safe. For him to not do anything he would hate himself for when he got out of this mess. And that was going to be hard, as his vision was blurred and his judgement clouded. He didn’t know what he was doing, feeling or thinking. That much was clear. He was weakened. Physically, but even more so emotionally. Miserable, broken. And he would push her away, time and time again, while this was the time where he needed her the most. Well aware of how that worked, she knew that in this time, she needed to push away her ego more than ever. As she would be turned down, her love would be ignored. And perhaps it would all be for nothing. Perhaps he would realize that she wasn’t what he wanted at the end of all this. And it would hurt so much, but until then, she had a promise to keep.

So when he asked for his brother again, the brunette shook her head. “No,” she simply told him. There was no way in any hell that she was going to allow him to hurt his brother. Even though he wasn’t able to in his current state, was there no part of her that thought it’d be a good idea to let him talk to Mort right now. Not until she managed to get through to him. As she hoped that, since they had spent so much time together recently, she would be his best bet. “You’re not leaving this room,” she told him, repeating her words. “You’ll get the chance to talk to Mort later.” A lot later.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, love
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

zo jul 01, 2018 10:23 am

She continued to disagree. What a surprise. Somewhere in his mind, he hadn’t expect anything less. She had always been persistent, always the one to pressure her ideas on him. Or had it been the other way around? He wasn’t sure anymore. Everything was a blur and nothing was to be trusted, or at least, that was what he was telling himself.

Though his vision wasn’t blurry, his thoughts were and he wasn’t sure what to believe anymore. He wasn’t sure if he could believe Allison, or himself for that matter. One thing was certain, he couldn’t trust his brother, who kept on lying to him, who kept saying that all was fine when eventually someone else would end up being the victim. Pathetic. Because for once Kaz was sure that he hadn’t done anything wrong to deserve this. Unless his memory was failing him now too. No, stop thinking like that. Focus. He had a goal in mind and he needed to get it.

She told him no again, that he was not going to leave this room. Wasn’t this the same thing he had been a few days ago? Locked up, someone trying to break him with words or trying to make him believe them. This time though, he was prepared. The vampire narrowed his eyes, looking at her as if she was the enemy. If she wasn’t going to tell him, he would find his brother himself. He didn’t even realise that even if he made it out of this room, people probably wouldn’t let him go far if he looked this bloody and ready to die.

Doubt started to cloud his mind. What if his brother had nothing to do with this? What if it was just another lie told by that woman? There was only one way to find out. ‘’I’m not letting myself get locked up again.’’ He growled in her direction. Truth to be told, he didn’t want to hurt his brother, but he had to know, he wanted to know.

BY MITZI
Allison Lenier

Character sheet

zo jul 01, 2018 11:19 am
The higher you climb, the further you fall. But don't be ashamed of wanting it all. Cause the view from the top is beautiful but fleeting. Looks can be deceiving
The look in his eyes was one she would never forget. In this moment, she was his enemy. It felt like they had not only gone back to the start, but it started to feel like they were heading in a completely different direction too. Whatever the vampire had done to him, she had done it well. In a matter of days, she had completely torn the man apart. And in an effort to put himself together, it seemed he had misplaced some of the pieces. Pieces that would, maybe, never find their right location again.

There was nothing Allison could do. He refused to listen to her, that much was certain. Somewhere, she doubted he even cared. At this point, who would blame him? He had been through enough to allow himself to stop caring. To flip a switch, to turn everything off. As if every feeling there had been before, was simply turned off until something, or someone, hit that switch again. Stuck in a mindset that wasn’t real until he managed to do so. Believing that the world was truly against him.

He growled that he wasn’t letting himself get locked up again, which caused her to bite her lip for a second, pulling her hand through her hair. Classic. “You are,” she disagreed with him. “Until you stop looking at me like I am the enemy, I am not letting you talk to your brother,” she went on, frowning as she spoke. “You will get to talk to him. But not today.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, love
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

zo jul 01, 2018 11:33 am

What had he ever seen in her? What had been so beautiful about her that he had cared so much that he had wanted to die for her, that he married her and that he loved her? What was he missing that he did not see now? Because right now, she wasn’t any different from the woman who had kept him to his shackles. Sure, he might not wear them physically right now, but it was obvious that Allison was trying to put them on mentally. He was not to leave this room, he was not ready to speak to his brother yet.

And how did she know all that? Could she look inside his head? Or maybe she was conspiring against him. His thoughts were all over the place, a few trying to defend her, a lot more trying to blame her for this entire mess. It wasn’t logical and it was stupid, but Kaz mindset was too far gone to realise that. For now, he kept leaning against the wall, stop the world from turning around and get out there.

But maybe she said all this because she actually cared, because she wanted the best for him. But since when was locking up the best for him? Since when did she even know that was the best for him? ‘’And then what?’’ He continued with a dark tone in his voice, his attention completely focused on Allison now. ‘’Are you going to wait around until I’m hungry again and you will again send an unexpecting maid into these chambers for me to kill them? You don’t want to see that, you don’t want to see me at my full potential.’’ He took a step closer towards her, his knees buckled but he kept standing. ‘’You just want to see me as you want me to be. Someone who is there for you when you feel sad, just so that I can fix you and you can continue on. Again and again and again.’’ He was being an absolute hypocrite. How many times had she patched him up, how many times had she been there for him? And whenever she needed him, he left. For whatever reason his words sounded right in his mind, but they came out completely wrong. ’’You don’t want this mess.’’ And neither did he, but here they were.

BY MITZI
Allison Lenier

Character sheet

zo jul 01, 2018 11:58 am
Their marriage had been rushed, done because she couldn’t face her future alone. At the time, it seemed like helping her had been so important to him. While in a way, their marriage hadn’t been based on love, she knew that it would have been impossible to do with anyone else. They were a mess. A complete, chaotic mess. One she would never fully understand. But, she knew that the Kaz she married would have gone to hell and back for her. And at this moment, she felt like that was exactly what she was doing. This was hell. Literal hell.

A part of her still hoped that the words he spoke were pushed into his head by the vampire that had hurt him in so many ways. But, there was also a part of her that knew that was impossible. The words he spoke right now, were perhaps how he truly felt. How he had felt all along. Tears made their way across her face as she stared at him, fear and pain mixed in her eyes. In this moment, she considered giving up. Because he was right. In a way, everything she did was selfish. She needed him, as he was the one thing in her life that gave her certainty. He was her home and she could not lose that. All this time, she had been pretending that a part of his vampirism wasn’t there. Treated him like he was still the man she had once fallen for. He wasn’t. And it was selfish to believe he was. Finally, she looked defeated as she looked down, avoiding his gaze.

You’re right,” she told him, after a silence that had felt like an eternity. “You’re the one person I rely on when I need it.” With those words, she looked up again. “But that also means I’m here for you when you need it,” she told him. By now, her voice was weak as she spoke. If his intention had been to hurt her, he had succeeded. “You’re better than the monster inside of you, Kaz. You can feed without killing them,” she went on. She had to believe that.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, love
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

zo jul 01, 2018 12:09 pm

His words weren’t enough for her to leave or to give him what he wanted. No, instead the only thing he had done was making her cry which didn’t really help this situation. In fact, it made things worse as this seemed to be an impulse his brain picked up on. She was crying. He had made her cry. Was it a good thing, was it a bad thing? Was he supposed to comfort her now or push her away still?

Allison didn’t know when to give up and somehow she still believed in him. After everything he had done and after everything they had been through, she still believed that he was good. This woman was mad and probably insane. How could one still believe in him after he basically stamped right on her and told her everything she didn’t want to hear. She cared for him and all he did was belittling her and push her away. How did she still continue on to care?

Kaz stood in silence for a few moments, not sure what to do. Better than the monster inside of him. The words echoed in his mind. She was lying again, she was lying to make him feel better. Or was she telling the truth? Hadn’t he been completely fine up until the point he had been captured? Hadn’t he lived fairly normal? Why was it such a big deal to him all of the sudden? Kaz let out a silent but deep sigh. The look of defeat in Allison’s eyes reminded him of himself. And he didn’t want her to feel like he did. Was he weak to give up so quickly? Probably.

’’Fuck.’’ He eventually let out, almost silently as he averted his eyes to the ground, looking at the space between them. She seemed so far away. ‘’I don’t want this..’’ He continued, slowly, his voice almost sounding like it could break any moment. A silence fell between them once again and after a minute or so, Kaz dared to look up again and look in her yes. ‘’But it’s better to be a monster than to be nothing at all.’’

BY MITZI
Allison Lenier

Character sheet

zo jul 01, 2018 12:29 pm
His words weren’t his. She of all people understood this, as she had spoken the words of someone else for years. Recently, she had been fighting with herself, trying to find her own opinions. Right and wrong were no longer as black and white as she had once been told. Some rights were wrong and some wrongs were right. Her mind was a mess and her life even more so. But, it was the mess she herself had chosen. And Kaz was part of this mess. So, while she knew most of his words were not his own, she needed to accept the truth in them. She had been pretending that the monster didn’t exist. It was something she could no longer do, as the monster inside of him was as real as he himself. It was a part of him and it was not only stupid, but dangerous to not acknowledge it was there. And she could beat herself up over it, wonder if it was worth staying. Wonder if she could actually love him, despite the monster.

But, if she didn’t, she would have been long gone by now. So she stood there, biting her lip to the point where it almost started to bleed. Fuck. That was one way to summarize the situation. He looked away from her, causing her to relax her muscles a bit. His next words caused her to frown again, but it was the tone of his voice that caused her heart to break. So broken. Every part of her wanted to step forward and wrap her arms around him, tell him that she wasn’t going anywhere. But, instead she stood still, staring at him until their eyes met again.

It’s better to be a monster than to be nothing at all. Softly, she shook her head. “You’ll never be nothing,” she told him, showing him a faint smile. One that didn’t seem too believable with the tears, blood and make-up smeared across her face, but it was the best she could do. “You’re everything.” Words she had spoken once before. And they were just as, if not even more, true this time.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, love
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

zo jul 01, 2018 12:38 pm

The vows were never meant to be broken. He was hers as she was his and the other way around. They had promised to look out for each other and take care of each other. They had promised that they loved each other and that that would never change unless death parted them. Maybe it were the vows that kept the two together, even if it was just the tiniest thread between them.

Dizziness got ahold of him once again and he stumbled a bit backward, somehow keeping his balance. It only meant that the wound was healing. Physically he would be okay in a week, mentally probably never. The woman had known which pieces of him were vulnerable and she had used it against him. She had broken them and handed them back to him and he had put them together. But it had been wrong and he messed it up himself. He had healed them with poison, both his own and that of the woman. The pieces needed to break again to be put back correctly. But Kaz was afraid some would get lost.

He really needed to sit down, but he also really needed to get out of here. Though he wasn’t actually locked up, the walls around him were enough for him to feel anxious. His blood was everywhere and it was a surprise he hadn’t passed out yet from the loss of it. That would probably soon happen if he continued to stand up like this. But his stubborn ass told him to not show any weakness, although he had already done it many times this past week. ‘’I’m sorry.’’ He managed to get out of his mouth. Two words that would probably be repeated a lot more the more he would progress.

BY MITZI
Allison Lenier

Character sheet

zo jul 01, 2018 1:03 pm
Stubborn was one way to describe not only him, but her too. Any sane person would have long given up on the vampire. Especially considering she had spent so much of her life hating the creatures. Yet, she had put herself in danger to support him when he had just turned. And even then, he hadn’t hurt her. They had something, this… bond. Based on absolutely nothing. They kept tearing it, yet it was still there. She wondered for how long, until it would finally break. But until that day, she would try to fix it with everything she had. For it was not only holding them together, it was keeping her sane as well.

Kaz stumbled backwards and she had to keep herself from stepping towards him, only smiling faintly. The silence between them went on for a while, but she had decided that the best thing was to let him speak first. Her opinion was clear. She wasn’t going anywhere and she didn’t want to either. Instead, she’d stay and help him through whatever hurdles he had to overcome. As she knew that would have been what she would need in his situation. Someone that would love you unconditionally. Someone who wouldn’t be pushed away, no matter how hard you tried. Because they knew.

You don’t need to be sorry for anything,” she told him with a faint smile on her face. This one time, he couldn’t have done anything to avoid the situation. Life had been a bitch and it had been completely out of his hands. The only thing he could do now, was working as hard as he could to get back to where he had once been. And she would be there to help. This time, he didn’t have to do it alone. “Let’s get you back to the bed,” she offered, a faint smile on her face as she stepped towards him, offering her hand. He could lean on her, but she didn’t know what he was comfortable with in this moment. She was well aware the room was a mess, but she would need to leave to take care of that. And she wanted to make sure he would at least be slightly more okay before doing so.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, love
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

zo jul 01, 2018 7:31 pm

It was scary how much he depended on other people. If it hadn’t been for Allison, he wouldn’t be on a throne right now. If it hadn’t been for Mort, he would be dead right now. And if it hadn’t been for countless of other people, the good and the bad, he wouldn’t be here at all. To this day he wasn’t sure if he was grateful for that. After all, he never really had wanted a throne, it wasn’t his thing. He liked to lay low and live on that adrenaline rush. Sure, he had gotten that rush these past few days but overall, this was not his life.

The crow had silently watched the two, obviously confused by everything. The bond between Kaz and Kruge was weak and Kaz still wasn’t sure how the bird got back in the first place. And why he came back. But he was here now, which meant that Kaz had more troubles that were good for him, but what else was new. It was now to hope that the crow didn’t bring any dark foreshadowing with him. Like a plague or something.

It was strange how quickly his emotions switched. Minutes ago he had almost been screaming at her, fuming with hate. Now, he was doubting if he should grab her hand or not, if she was lying again. Maybe she wanted to throw him out of the window. He wouldn’t blame her. If he accepted her hand right now, it meant he would want to get forward and recover. It would mean that he had to work on himself and get out of this mindset. Maybe it would also mean coming to terms with himself and how badly he needed to change regardless of what had happened this past week. Refusing her hand meant that he wanted her gone and there was nothing she could do for him. Refusing meant pushing her away again.

Kaz hesitated, the doubt clear in his eyes before he finally made a decision. The vampire reached out to her, limping a bit forward, almost losing his balance again and half crashing into Allison. A very faint chuckle could be heard. At least he could still laugh. Did that mean there was progress? Probably not as he noticed how disconnected he felt from everything. But it sure was something better than scolding someone who just wanted the best for you.

BY MITZI
Allison Lenier

Character sheet

zo jul 01, 2018 8:14 pm
Maybe it was for the best. Maybe he truly wasn’t fit for a normal, human life. He had always been one to get in trouble. Since they officially met, he had managed to get himself beat up multiple times. After finding him in Valyria, she had worried for his life on more than one occasion. At least vampirism was a cure for that. He could get beaten up, could get himself into trouble all he wanted. It wasn’t going to be the end of him. He was hard to kill now. It was like a safety cushion. One he needed more than anyone else in this world. It was unsettling that this thought actually made its way into her head, as she was supposed to hate everything about it. And she did. She missed hearing his heartbeat, the warmth of his touch. But, it was better than him being dead. So much better.

Hesitation was visible in his eyes as Kaz looked at her. Clearly, this seemed to be a decision he couldn’t make within the blink of an eye. Saddening, as she knew for sure he would have before all of this. The vampire had broken his faith and she would get back at her for that. There was no way the woman was going to be living a peaceful life in Rhoynar after all of this. Either she fled, or she was going to get killed. The true death, this time. That’s why Allison had requested Mort to send his sire to the castle as soon as he arrived. This wasn’t over yet.

Eventually, Kaz reached out to her. She couldn’t help but smile as he did. It was a start. One step at a time, but at least they were heading in the right direction. He limped, after which he crashed into her, causing her to have to work to keep her balance. The chuckle caused her to laugh softly as well, shaking her head. “Careful now,” she told him in a whisper. She praised the gods that he was such a lightweight as she assisted him to the bed, looking around for a second. Even she could smell the blood in this damn room. “What a mess.” As always.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, love
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

zo jul 01, 2018 8:42 pm

He had to be careful she told him. It made him chuckle again, shaking his head. The last thing he was, was careful and he had proved that on multiple occasions. Telling him this now, was like telling someone who had already tripped over a very obvious obstacle that they had to watch out.

Nonetheless, Kaz listened to Allison for once and nodded, slowly limping towards the bed and sitting down. He was scared that if he lied down again he would lose consciousness again, so for now he stayed up, no matter the dizziness. His eyes wandered the room, seeing all the blood. His blood. Even Allison noted that she could smell it and Kaz could only nod. ‘’It’s a very foul stench.’’ He added. Normally, blood triggered him, luring him closer. But not for his own, it was like his own reminded him of his human side. A side that was all messed up and broken and he wanted to stay away from as much as was possible.

His eyes went back to Allison again. How could she even put up with his shit? It was remarkable, no it was a bloody miracle. Quite literally if you looked at the situation right now. He frowned, trying to get his eyes to focus on her, but things were getting blurry again. Had the blood of the maid already been used up? Was this his body telling him he needed more? There was no hunger, just.. a lightheaded feeling. Maybe it was the bloodloss. ‘’We’re inseparable.’’ Kaz replied dryly on her comment about everything being a mess. Here he was, having a life crisis and he was joking. Things sure weren’t looking on the bright side for him. Maybe he really needed to lay down for a moment.

BY MITZI
Allison Lenier

Character sheet

zo jul 01, 2018 9:46 pm
A foul stench was an understatement. She couldn’t help but frown as she slowly nodded. “It’s quite something,” she agreed. Blood. Slowly, as she started to feel more comfortable again, she started feeling… gross. There was blood on her cheek, clothes, hands and possibly in other places too. The room was gross and he was covered in it too. Weeks ago, she would have panicked. And it was probably not a good thing that she was getting used to the sight and smell of blood. Quite the opposite, even. Since meeting him, she had learned not to panic over filthy clothes, messy hair, messed up make-up and… blood. It was horrible.

His words caused her to roll her eyes, before taking place next to him on the bed. “I’m covered in your blood,” she told him, frowning. “My face is a mess and I think I’ll cry the second I’ll look into that mirror,” she went on, frowning as she looked at her hands. It was a fucking mess. “If you ever doubt me again, remember that you ruined a perfectly good dress today,”  she tried to joke, shaking her head softly. After all, wasn’t that one of her worst fears? Getting dirty?

NOTES, ~
TAGS, love
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

zo jul 01, 2018 10:17 pm

He might have told it as a joke, but he truly thought that the mess he always created was just something he had inherited from someone, something, whatever. Whenever he went, trouble followed. No one was really safe from it, no matter how much he tried to protect them. At first he thought Allison was too smart to get into his mess, but somewhere along the way they both had made the mistake, or blessing of liking each other a little too much. And now they were here. Both a mess, both horribly not sure what to do with this situation.

Kaz let his hands rest on his lap, staring on the blood that was tainting them. When she spoke, he turned his gaze to her. Of course she had to start about how she looked while he had been trying to get inside his leg minutes ago. Or had it been longer? Time was vague for him at the moment, still confused after the dark days in the basement. The vampire rolled his eyes and groaned. ‘’You have hundreds of dresses, don’t put this on me.’’ He wanted to say that she had done it to herself, that she rushed to help him. But that would be wrong, so wrong. ‘’Besides, red suits you.’’ Very wrong Kaz.

BY MITZI
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: