welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

Over the edge Empty Over the edge

vr jul 13, 2018 1:01 am

JUST PULL THE PLUG
i've had enough

This time, he was the broken mess finding his way through the hallways of the castle. But he had no one to run to, no one to pick him up and give him hope. The message had been very serious, he wasn’t allowed to talk to Allison. He had to leave and never come back. He didn’t want to insult him by disobeying the last thing he had said to him. Besides, he wasn’t even sure he was capable of speaking about what had happened. Even though he was crying anymore, it was still pretty obvious he was not doing great. His shoulders were hanging low, there was no friendly smile around his lips and his gaze was focused on the floor right in front of him.

There was a chaos in his mind and he did not see any way out of it. There was no solution for it, no way to fix what he had just done. His brother had cast him out of his life and he didn’t know how to fight it. How to change his mind. Because he was not the type of person to actually go against him and start a discussion or a fight. He was easily pushed around. If Kaz would be happier with him gone, then he would comply. No matter how much it hurt him to go.

The sound of footsteps was audible in the distance, but Mort didn’t slow down nor turned around. He knew who was walking behind him. He hoped he would reach the gates before she could catch up with him. Perhaps she hadn’t even noticed him yet, so he just kept going. Of course the thought of talking to her crossed his mind. He would have to tell her he was leaving, though he figured he could send her a letter for that. There was nothing much to explain anyway.

Allison Lenier
Aantal berichten : 1191
IC posts : 1131

Character sheet
Residence : Brightwater Keep

Over the edge Empty Re: Over the edge

vr jul 13, 2018 1:24 am
You should get in bed and get some sleep then,’ Mort had told her as he left the room, making clear they didn’t know eachother all that well yet. Because there was no way that she would be able to sleep now. While she hadn’t had anything to eat for over a day, had barely slept at night, she still felt… something rush through her veins, some kind of spark as hope ignited inside of her again. Well aware that she needed to fight, she forgot, once again, that rest was something she needed to take as well. While she had always hated her father for not being around during her youth, only caring about his job, she was the exact same. Work, work, work. Relaxing wasn’t something she’d do, unless it was forced upon her. And the more shit was going down in her personal life, the rather she got away from all of it, keeping busy so she couldn’t think about it. So she couldn’t realize how truly broken she was.

Please keep this between us,” the Duchess sighed softly as she spoke to Gareth, who showed his teeth in a grin. ‘As you wish, my Duchess,’ he told her, words more respectful than his tone was. While she wanted to go on about it, her eye fell upon Mort, who seemed to be making his way… out? A frown made its way on her face as she watched him walk towards the entrance of the castle. “Between us,” she reminded the guard, before she gave him a small nod, only to go after Mort.

Hey,” she spoke, finally standing in front of him. One day they would hopefully stop forgetting that she couldn’t run on the heels she was wearing and her short legs weren’t as quick as theirs. “What happened?” Mort looked like garbage. And she could feel her stomach turn as she frowned slightly, wondering what Kaz could have possibly said to cause this. The man had broken her, but Mort had been there to pick her up. Would she have to do the same for him?

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jul 13, 2018 2:23 am

JUST PULL THE PLUG
i've had enough

For some reason, his thoughts went to his parents. His biological ones, this time. He couldn’t help but think how much he had disappointed them. He had finally hurt his brother that bad he wanted him out of his life. The promise he had made to himself to forever keep him safe and happy, was broken. There was no forgiveness for what he had done. His mother would be sad about it and his father would have probably been mad. Because how could he? How could he lose his heart to the woman that had almost ended his own brother? There was no logic in his decision, at all. Though the heart was not known to be capable of logical thinking, and he had always relied on it. Perhaps the biggest flaw in his personality, but he was who he was and he did not know how to change it.

The sound of her footsteps pulled him out of his thoughts for long enough to realise this was not what he had expected. Wasn’t she supposed to be sleeping? The last person he wanted to encounter now, was Allison. And it was not because he had something against her personally, but because Kaz had explicitly told him not to talk to her. If he wanted, he could easily dodge her. With his enhanced speed he could be at the gates in mere seconds. But she had obviously already seen him and he didn’t want to be rude. Again, he didn’t really know what to do.

By the time he would have made up his mind, she had caught up with him anyway. Blocking his way out by stopping in front of him. “What happened?” She asked. Of course. Mort avoided her gaze as he dropped his to the floor again. A soft sigh was audible as it escaped from his lungs. ”I f-fucked up”, He replied, a stutter creeping in his voice as he spoke. As much as he wanted to explain, he did not know where to start. So he hoped she would just accept it and ask Kaz what had happened when he was gone.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

vr jul 13, 2018 2:36 am
The two of them weren’t exactly close. They had only talked a handful of times, even though they had seen each other much more often. The memories of her living in the mansion together with the two vampire brothers felt like an eternity ago, like times she had long forgotten. Even though it had been the last place she had lived, even if shortly, before taking Kaz’ hand and moving to the castle. While she would have loved to say that life had only turned into a mess when they did, she knew that wasn’t true. Life with Kaz had always been a mess and it would always be. But, Mort had reminded her that it was something she was willing to fight for. And now that same Mort looked broken, like she had done earlier. And it actually hurt to see him like that. Because he was family now. Even when the one thing binding them, was the person who hurt them both.

Repeating the words she had told him as she collapsed in his room, he told her he fucked up. The look in her eyes softened as she bit her lip, lowering her shoulders and shaking her head softly. Kaz had truly done it. He had broken them both, pushed them away as if he wasn’t the man she fell in love with. A soft sigh left her lips as she stepped forward, carefully wrapping her arms around the vampire. “You didn’t,” she whispered. While she didn’t know what had happened, there was one thing she could always be sure about. Mort loved his brother and whatever he had done, couldn’t be bad enough to cancel that out.

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jul 13, 2018 1:31 pm

JUST PULL THE PLUG
i've had enough

What a mess today had been. The both of them only had good intentions with Kaz, wanted to help him recover from what he had been through. In return, the man had pushed them away. Inflicted pain on them, for a reason still unknown. Was it revenge? His coping mechanism? Was he truly a different person after all what happened? More questions and no answers. Mort hoped his brother would soon realise they were only trying to support him. He wasn’t quite sure if he would ever express that, though he held on to that thought. That one day he would get a letter again, by him asking to return to the castle. Allowing him back in, so they could make it up once more.

But here he was, already disobeying his orders. He hadn’t counted on Allison walking around. Otherwise he would have jumped out of a window instead of taking the normal route through the hallways. It was too late to ignore her now. Especially when she sighed softly and took him in a gentle embrace. “You didn’t,” She reacted quietly. For just a moment, he gave in and hugged her back. Though he quickly felt bad about it. ”I s-should go”, He said. ”He told me to leave and n-never come back”, He continued, his voice unsteady because of the emotions. He was surprised he could keep it together this much, as he was still able to speak without breaking down completely.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

vr jul 13, 2018 9:23 pm
Allison had never truly had a family. While her father was alive and she was sure that the family she lived with had a chance of being happy, she never truly felt like a part of it. Because of that, the term family was a strange one to her. While some said that blood was thicker than water, she could not exactly agree and the only family she cared for, were the ones she had chosen. Like Giovanni, who was now a dead man. Kaz, too. Mort had, in a way, not been her own decision. He had come with Kaz, blood-related and all. It wasn’t because of this, that she considered the man family, however. It was because he cared so much for the man she loved. Which was the reason she couldn’t believe he fucked up. Kaz must have just pushed him away, like he had done with her.

Slowly, she took a step backwards when Mort had spoken again, trying to see the expression on his face as she frowned lightly. “He’s pushing us away, Mort,” she calmly told him. “Can you tell me what happened?” Kaz had reason to be angry at Mort, but she was certain that he would forgive the man. The vampire going after Kaz had been something the naive one hadn’t anticipated. Which was stupid, of course, but it was a mistake. Not made on purpose, unlike the time he had turned Kaz into a vampire. And even that had been forgiven, so there was no way Kaz wouldn’t forgive him for this, right?

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jul 13, 2018 9:46 pm

JUST PULL THE PLUG
i've had enough

In every other moment, in every other situation, he would have been grateful for Allison’s attempt to make him feel better. But now that Kaz had prohibited him from talking to her, he felt bad because he was already breaking that rule. And it was not her fault, at all. He had no idea how to politely let her know he wasn’t allowed to talk to her right now. Deep down there was also a conflict because he wanted to tell her what had happened. He wanted to hear from her if he was indeed everything Kaz thought he was. If he had truly betrayed his brother by falling in love with Lexa.

Of course she asked for an explanation though. Mort kept back a sigh by biting down on his tongue again. ”I wish I could”, He whispered, a defeated tone sneaking in his voice. ”I-I’m not allowed. He told me to leave and n-not talk to you”, He repeated the words his brother had thrown his way. As if he was more aware of it now, he looked over his shoulder. Half expecting the other vampire to show up with the guards he had threatened to call if he didn’t leave right now.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

vr jul 13, 2018 10:04 pm
For a second, Allison looked down at their feet, wondering if this was truly it. If Mort’s words from earlier had been wrong, meaning that Kaz was too far gone to be saved. That she had been right earlier in thinking that the love they had was truly lost. But, she couldn’t allow herself to think like that. Not now, not ever. So she looked up again, forcing a smile on her face. Mort had given her hope earlier, now it was her turn. She couldn’t be selfish and show him her insecurities. Not now. He deserved to be told that everything would be fine, deserved to truly believe that. And for once, she would try her very best to make that happen. Of course, she wasn’t aware of how bad he had truly fucked up.

His words caused another frown on her face as she looked up again. “You’re not allowed to talk to me?” she asked, slight worry in her voice as she paused for a few seconds. “I don’t think that is up to him. So, please,” she went on, trying to get the information she needed to form any kind of opinion on what had happened. Mort not being allowed to talk to her was… worrying. But, without knowing what had gone down, she couldn’t say a thing. There was no way, after all, that Kaz had done this all because of his naivety, right? Kaz was better than that. She was sure of it.

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jul 13, 2018 10:45 pm

JUST PULL THE PLUG
i've had enough

It now came down to who had the most influence on him. Would he give in to Allison asking for an explanation or Kaz denying him the right to give her one? Right now, the balance was tipping in her advantage. She was the one standing in front of him, after all. But he was still scared his brother would want to make sure he actually obeyed his commands, and was coming after him with a bunch of guards. Allison could tell them to back down, but then she would undermine Kaz’ authority. They had to act like a unit, not give the guards the impression they were not on the same page right now. Word would get out faster than it should, and he wouldn’t want to find out what the consequences to that were. ”Let’s g-go outside first”, He therefore suggested. At least he was out of the castle then, which meant he was partially listening to Kaz’ demands.

Once they were past the front door, there was a path leading to the gates. He walked to the left right away, stepping on the grass as he left the path. It would be too obvious if they were standing there, he guessed. Here, it was less likely someone would eavesdrop on them. He sat down against the outer wall and leaned against it with his shoulders. ”When I first came to Rhoynar, I was struggling real bad with my ehm.. You know”, He said, still not quite sure if he could mention it out loud around her. ”I met a woman who decided to help me. After it was done, we ended up talking for a while. There was.. Chemistry”, He continued, a soft smile tugging at the corner of his mouth when he recalled that night.

”This was before I reconnected with Kaz, I hadn’t found him yet at that time”, He mentioned. It could be important information. ”After she left, I ran into him, pure luck. He left for Valyria and I decided to pay her another visit, because I had some time to kill. We spent more time together and you know.. I started to like her.” A short silence followed. ”I had a deal with Kaz to meet him at his house here in Rhoynar. So I left. On my way there, I mean, you know what happened. I found Kaz bleeding to death, almost.. Murdered by..”, He paused again, lifting his gaze to the night sky. ”By her. The one I had started to fall in love with.”

Mort kept quiet from there on. She could probably piece together what had happened in Kaz’ room now. He had quickly run out of luck, hadn’t he? Finding his brother was the only time he had been truly lucky. A gift from whoever was ruling this world, or whoever was looking out for him. After that, he probably had been abandoned, because there had only been a few good moments in his life. This.. This was not one of them, obviously.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

vr jul 13, 2018 11:09 pm
Without saying a word, she had followed him outside, standing in front of him as he started speaking. It was strange how she didn’t seem to have a middle ground at the moment. Where she had been a complete, emotional mess a while ago, now she seemed to be completely calm, just slowly judging the situation and trying to make the most of it. Probably because she had already cried as much as she could for the coming week, or maybe because Mort’s words had truly come through, giving the woman the slight spark she had needed. Saying she was strong-willed would be an understatement, so it came as no surprise that she was thinking in solutions rather than problems, now that she had put her mind back on the task at hand: getting her Kaz back. Fixing the relationship between the brothers was a part of this.

What Mort explained to her, however, did come as a surprise. He had… Oh boy. The woman put both her hands on her head, slowly pulling her hands through her hair as she took a step backwards, looking at the sky rather than Mort. “You…” she started, clearly struggling with what he had told her. He hadn’t just fallen in love with an enemy of Kaz. He had fallen for the woman who had killed him. “And from Kaz’ response I take it you didn’t break off the contact with this woman?” Allison decided to ask, sounding awfully calm as she lowered her arms again, crossing them over her chest.

Now, she had to wonder what she would have done, but sadly it was hard to imagine. Unlike Mort, she didn’t have a brother or sister she cared for as deeply as he cared for Kaz. But if she did and Kaz would have done something to hurt her… Would she be able to forgive him? Or, rather, would she be able to let go of him out of principle? It was a difficult question, a situation in which there was no right, only wrongs.

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jul 13, 2018 11:27 pm

JUST PULL THE PLUG
i've had enough

Saying it out loud only emphasized how fucked up the whole situation was. But there was no way he could fix this. He loved his brother. If he had to die for him again, he would without even thinking twice about it. His goal, his sole purpose, was to see the other happy and make sure he lived a life he was satisfied with. But he also loved Lexa. Their connection was strong and it had developed over such a short amount of time. It was pure, beautiful in every way. Even though the both of them had some obstacles to overcome as well, he knew he would try his best, for her. Choosing between the both of them was impossible. If he chose for Kaz’ happiness, he would be unhappy for the rest of eternity. If he chose for himself, he would lose his brother for good.

”I fucked up”, He repeated once more. ”There is no way to turn it back, but also no way to move forward from this”, He sighed deeply, while he closed his eyes and leaned his head against the wall. ”It’s a dead end.” A soft whisper, barely audible. Why did he have to mention it to him? It would have been better to just never tell him at all. It wasn’t as if Lexa would live for much longer. He could have kept it a secret perfectly, for the sake of his relationship with Kaz. Though he would feel bad to be dishonest to him, at least he would have still had a brother. Now.. He did not. And it was the worst feeling he had ever felt. Even more so a feeling that would haunt him for eternity.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

vr jul 13, 2018 11:39 pm
For her, the family she had chosen was more important than the one she was bound to by blood. So in her case, the choice would have been obvious. Then again, it was pretty clear that her morals were all over the place and if it wasn’t, the fact that murder didn’t surprise her that much anymore, should be enough. It was saddening, but with how life had been these past years, it was not a surprise. Disappointed, but not surprised. She would, however, never forgive anyone who would try to hurt Kaz. Mort’s lover, for example, would find a certain death if she ever stood in front of her. And so would the vampire that had tortured him, or anyone else who hurt the man she loved.

Mort didn’t answer her question directly, but it was pretty clear he had not. “I see,” she whispered, frowning as she clenched her teeth. What was there to do? Kaz’ anger in this situation was completely understandable and in truth - she was disappointed. Mort had always been the one to put his brother before everything, so the fact that he hadn’t left this woman without a second thought… “I think you’re right,” she agreed, after a silence that seemed to last forever. While she wanted to assure Mort that things would be fine, this was a situation where she could not. “Do you have anywhere to go?” Why did things have to go from bad to worse? Couldn’t they just sit around a table and bicker over useless things like a normal family?

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jul 13, 2018 11:55 pm

JUST PULL THE PLUG
i've had enough

“Do you have anywhere to go?” She asked. He sighed, then nodded. He hadn’t figured out where to go but he would once he got his thought straight. And just like that, he had no family left. He had not expected her to take his side. He only wanted her to know what had happened, so she could prepare herself for dealing with Kaz by herself. Even though he wanted to stay and help her out, her husband would never want him anywhere near him ever again. At least, that were his words. And he believed them. The vampire pushed himself up, away from the wall. ”There is one positive outcome to our conversation”, He started, locking his gaze with hers as he forced himself to smile. ”He still loves you. He still cares. He was the first one to bring you up”, He said. Hopefully it would encourage her further, give her the energy she needed to at least fix their marriage. Mort dropped his gaze to the ground again. ”I’m sorry for everything, Allison. Goodbye”, He muttered, after which he disappeared through the gates, into the darkness of the night.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 3:27 am
Of course, she understood what Mort was doing. While her blood boiled at the thought of the woman who hurt the man she loved, she also knew that love was a strong feeling. That it could balance out whatever someone did wrong. It was all because of Kaz that she knew. He could do so much wrong, hurt her time and time again. And still, turning her back on him would be the hardest thing she’d ever do. A sane person would have done so long ago, yet she planned to hold on for a long time to come. And Mort seemed to have found someone who he loved enough to not leave her over something as big as that. If it had been a different situation, it would have been beautiful.

When he mentioned the positive outcome, she couldn’t help but frown slightly, biting her lip in an effort to bite down the bit of hope that came rushing to the surface. Because, while she wanted nothing more than to run up to Kaz now, wrap her arms around him and ask him why he would do this to his brother… She needed to leave him alone for a while. He needed to come to her. Just like he needed to come to Mort, though she hoped she could help push him in the right direction there.

Mort apologized and she pulled a hand through her hair, softly shaking her head. “I hope you find some happiness, Mort,” she told him softly, but loud enough for the vampire to hear. “You deserve it.” There had been so much going wrong since the day the two brothers had reunited. Both of them deserved a bit of happiness in their lives. She sighed softly as she watched him walk away, biting her lip once more as she made her way back to the entrance of the castle.

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: