welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

Into the fire - Pagina 2 Empty Re: Into the fire

wo okt 11, 2017 11:38 am
fiercer than fire
Not really. Gathering food is an important thing to do for those who can’t hunt for themselves,” she spoke. Though most people had a way of trading to get the food they needed, some people had little to nothing and she wasn’t planning to let them starve. No, you’d find a job for them. Even if it meant that they’d clean the Public Places, just to earn their daily bread. She was less ruthless than the previous Commander, and actually tried to care for her people. Something that could very well be a mistake and be the end of her, but it could also work out well. Who knew.

Warm pelts would earn him lots of gold. “And what will you do with that?” she sighed out. What was the deal with men and gold! Was it something to show off? Surely he had everything he needed in life, being a captain of a crew and thus having a warm place to call home, food to eat and a bed to sleep in, with people he knew around him. Why would anyone need more than that? She’d never understand.
tag: romeo
notes: n/a
Romeo Haris
Aantal berichten : 373
IC posts : 289

Character sheet
Residence : Rhoynar

wo okt 11, 2017 6:18 pm

what is dead may never die
If he was, say, Duke of Rhoynar, he would be doing other things than hunting. Like.. Ruling things. Or whatever it was a duke did. His life has changed as he had become a captain too. He didn’t do some stuff anymore. Like cleaning up the ropes that were cluttering the deck! He had a rope-guy for that. Or swabbing the deck. That’s why they had swabbies. Very simple. “Not really. Gathering food is an important thing to do for those who can’t hunt for themselves,” She said, but he still didn’t understand. There had to be more to it. He observed her for a moment, how she seemed to fit in to the scenario perfectly. ”Just admit you like hunting already”, He therefore pinpointed with his little smirk again.

She liked hunting, he liked gold. Also very simple. “And what will you do with that?” She sighed heavily. Now he was really baffled. But he still was able to hide the shock. This was a great opportunity to mess with her head a little more. ”Easy, buy the best rum, get drunk and then pay the finest hookers of Rhoynar to keep me company for a couple of hours”, He said casually. ”Do you even know how to live”, He chuckled. Obviously now he was joking. He wasn’t joking about the rum and the hookers though. That was a pretty standard wednesday night for him.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo okt 11, 2017 6:55 pm
fiercer than fire
Admitting that she only did it because she liked it? She rarely did. That’s why she looked to the other side as she mumbled. “Maybe.” Hunting was great. She was super fit and went out daily to do whatever it was. As a commander… There wasn’t much to do, really. Listening to people’s complaints and fixing them. But, her staff could do that too and she’d much rather head out and only deal with the actual issues. If that was a good way of doing things…? Probably not. There was a reason she needed a new advisor, after all. She was still only twenty-one and wasn’t going to be the most experienced, most logical leader.

If the Guinness Book of Records existed, she would’ve hit the record for deepest frown as she looked at Mr Tattoo. “You pay women to…” Her eyes widened, before she frowned again. “Oh Mother,” escaped from her mouth, before she managed to straighten her face again and shook her head in disbelief. “What… Whatever floats your boat, I guess.” Yeah, no. She’d rather not. She wouldn’t lay with someone who she wasn’t in love with. Unlike her mother, but that was a different story. She had also never been drunk, but she felt like that was something she'd better not tell the guy.
Romeo Haris

Character sheet

wo okt 11, 2017 7:25 pm

Her whole speech was too polished. As if she had practised this and repeated it a hundred times before. He soon figured out what was really going on. From the moment he pointed it out, it already made sense. Her reaction only confirmed his suspicions. “Maybe.” She also admitted out loud. A self-satisfied expression flashed through his neutral mask for a moment, but she had turned away so he didn’t mind. After all she shouldn’t be ashamed either. He too had hobbies. When he shared them with Raccoon he got that frown again though. Could she not? “You pay women to…” She stopped herself, probably too embarrassed to say it out loud. “Oh Mother,” She continued, and he didn't understand what her mother had to do with it but alright. “What… Whatever floats your boat, I guess.” She then said.

Romeo bursted out in laughter. Boat. This wasn’t even supposed to be funny. But her innocence was way too amusing, and her choice of words was still terrible. ”If I pay them a little extra I can make them call me Captain”, He chuckled, barely able to stop laughing at this whole situation. For a minute he tried to get it together again. ”You should come to Brightwater Keep with me. I’m gonna teach you how to live, Raccoon”, He then jokingly proposed. He already knew she’d refuse. She had these big responsibilities after all.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo okt 11, 2017 7:47 pm
fiercer than fire
‘If I pay them a little extra I can make them call me Captain.’ And there it was. Again her eyes widened (she had the worst pokerface in the world and should never be trusted with keeping a straight face), as a bit of a red blush managed to get underneath her black make-up and she just hoped it wasn’t quite visible, as she had made enough of a fool of herself today already. This guy was absolutely unlike anything she had ever seen before. Did he have no shame?! “I... ” she tried, but she couldn’t. She just couldn’t get herself to respond what he just said.

She should come to Brightwater Keep with him and he’d teach her how to live. “Sure thing. But first you’ll stay here and learn how to stay alive.” She smiled a bit, though he kind of took the witty responses away from her as he surprised her with his… lack of shame. “So, what is that, then. To truly live, one needs to drink alcohol and fuck around?” she asked, shaking her head. “I’ve ne-” Wait. “I think I can live without.” Yeah, that’s better.
Romeo Haris

Character sheet

wo okt 11, 2017 8:33 pm

Some people would claim he had no filter. Ridiculous. They just couldn’t handle how honest he was. Of course he kind of did it on purpose too. Test her a little bit. See what kind of person she was. By the look of it, it was really easy to make her feel awkward. He didn’t know what to do with this little piece of information but he could sure use it maybe one day. That’s why he invited her to Brightwater Keep. Another little test to see what she would react. Surprisingly she kind of agreed. “Sure thing. But first you’ll stay here and learn how to stay alive.” She replied. He snorted sarcastically. "Please, I know how to stay alive. Been doing it for 23 years", He huffed. Quite literally, considering how his mother terrorised him long enough for him to wish he wasn’t alive anymore.

That whole thing was in his past right now. “So, what is that, then. To truly live, one needs to drink alcohol and fuck around?” She then asked, distracting him from his own thoughts again. “I’ve ne-” She paused briefly. “I think I can live without.” She then continued, never finishing her earlier sentence. As if he hadn’t heard. ”Wow wow wow, not that fast, that’s the advanced stuff right there”, He said, shaking his head on his turn. ”You need to start off slowly yeah? One hooker will be enough for the first time alright”, He said, rolling his eyes, but never losing his grin in the meantime. Would he let the other thing slip though? Of course not. ”You’ve never what?” He said, casually again, as if he wouldn’t keep asking until she came clean.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do okt 12, 2017 1:25 am
fiercer than fire
Twenty-three? That meant he was slightly older than her, kind of what she expected. She sighed and shook her head. “I guess you’re right,” she said. She had had better comments, but hey. Her mind was a bit blown and she didn’t have her usual snark because of it. Sue her.

When he told her that was advanced stuff and said that one hooker would be enough, she pulled an unamused face. “I think I’ll pass,” she sighed, looking down to her horse as she smiled a bit. Weirdo. Sadly he didn’t miss what she was trying to say, though, and considering he had been pretty sharp, she decided not to twist around it because he’d find out anyhow. “I’ve never tried alcohol,” she admitted. Her youth had been quite different from his, of course. She had been training for the Conclave for ages and had been at the side of the Commander before most would have their first sip.

But, tell me then. What would make it worth the travel?” she smiled. She was curious. Because, who knew. She might visit that stupid Brightwater Keep sometime if they had something interesting. As a Commander it was good to learn more about the world around her. Make allies, gain knowledge.
tag: captain smartass
Romeo Haris

Character sheet

do okt 12, 2017 4:10 pm

There had been occasions when he had no idea how he even survived afterwards. Battles at sea, bar fights, people trying to stab him, travelling through unknown territory and getting attacked by wild animals, ambushes.. And his mother. His tattoos covered up a lot of scars, but they were there. Mostly from his childhood, when he was still living with his mother. After all that he was still alive, so he didn’t need any survival lessons. “I guess you’re right,” She said, and he noticed how she had become much more docile during their conversation. The reason why was a mystery, but he wouldn’t complain. It was weird though. He wondered how she really was. How she would’ve been if she hadn’t been the Commander.

The only thing that didn’t change, was her aversion towards his lifestyle. “I think I’ll pass,” She said with a sigh. ”Fine. It’s your loss anyways”, He shrugged lightly, but still amused about all this. He also really wanted to know what she was meaning to say earlier. So naturally, he ‘asked’ nicely. “I’ve never tried alcohol,” She replied, much easier than he’d thought. Now she reached the point where he couldn’t hide his surprise anymore. With an expression of disbelief he stared at her. ”What d’you mean.. How can you… How?” He muttered. Didn’t they have alcohol in this god forsaken place?

“But, tell me then. What would make it worth the travel?” She asked with a smile. He thought about it for a second. ”The castle is quite impressive. I’ve never been inside though. I think it’s the capital and the harbor. It’s not for everyone though”, He chuckled. He couldn’t picture her walking around in Brightwater Keep. ”I think you’d enjoy the nature though”, He then said. She was probably more comfortable away from huge cities and crowds, he figured.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do okt 12, 2017 4:25 pm
fiercer than fire
Fine. It was her loss. She shrugged it off and continued, though his surprise about her not having tried alcohol, was a bit weird. Then again… “I started training for the Conclave when I was but a child. I’ve been at the Commander’s side since I was fourteen and became the Commander two years later,” she told him. “I’ve had no time for silly little games and getting drunk. There’s more important matters to be handled.” No. Instead of drinking, she’d go out and hunt. She didn’t rely on others and thus lived her life without anyone close. Or, that was true except for one person she let close. One person that died because of her. Something she’d rather not think about.

Castles? She wasn’t aware that was the way Rhoynar worked. She didn’t like it. The walls. It made her feel locked up. Where most would feel safe inside the castle’s walls, it made her feel claustrophobic. She’d much rather be out in the open, close to the woods. Where she knew her way. When he said she’d enjoy the nature, she smiled a bit. “It can’t compete with ours,” she decided. “I might have to travel there to meet up with the leader some day anyhow,” she decided to say. If something were to happen, she might have to talk to the leader. She also had a personal interest in Rhoynar, but that was something for a later day.
tag: captain smartass
Romeo Haris

Character sheet

do okt 12, 2017 5:56 pm

In Rhoynar booze was as accessible as water. There was not one place that didn’t sell alcohol, even to younger children. Sure, the youngest ones didn’t get the strong drinks but still, ale was very easy to get your hands on. As long as you got coins to pay, you could get a drink everywhere in the city. Or you simply paid the Iron Price. Something he had been doing since he was twelve years old. Her story about her training and her duties as Commander were therefore no excuse. ”Everyone needs to take a break every now and then”, He suggested. He couldn’t imagine his life without alcohol. It was a bit problematic, for sure, but then again it was his way. It seemed like their culture was just different again. More strict than what he was used to. ”Fair enough though, whatever floats your boat”, He continued with a grin, repeating her words from earlier.

To him, there was no place like home than his ship. Or a ship in general. His true home was the sea. Where he could be closest to his God. To sell the place to Raccoon he mentioned the beautiful nature of Rhoynar. But it didn’t seem to impress her. “It can’t compete with ours,” She said, and he huffed a bit offended. ”You haven’t even been there so you wouldn’t know”, He defended himself. Why did he care though? “I might have to travel there to meet up with the leader some day anyhow,” She then said. ”Ah yes, the Duke”, He scoffed, obviously without much respect for the guy. His opinion about the man was a lot different than most Rhoynishmen, who all seemed quite fond of him.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do okt 12, 2017 11:51 pm
fiercer than fire
Everyone needs to take a break every now and then. “That’s where you go out and hunt,” she said, smiling faintly. What would happen when she’d go and take alcohol, what if someone needed her help then? Or what if something were to happen? No, no. She couldn’t afford to take such risks for as long as she didn’t have the right people at her side. Advisor, conclave.. So much to do, so little time…

Then I’ll leave it up to you to show me sometime,” she said, amused about the fact that he defended the forests. She loved the place where they lived. The grounds here were fertile and because they usually tried to hunt for older or weaker animals rather than young ones, the wildlife population was going… quite fine. Enough place for them to live and not enough people daring to come into Vanaheim to hunt them for their skin. Better to do that somewhere else. Somewhere without savages, as they called them.

Duke? You don’t like him?” she asked. He didn’t seem quite impressed when he said it. She surely didn’t get other places. If a leader wasn’t liked, why was he still a leader? Did the Voice of the People not matter? Or were they just never pleased? People were confusing and she’d never understand.
tag: Captain o7
Romeo Haris

Character sheet

vr okt 13, 2017 1:04 am

Sometimes he just gave advice without being asked for it. If she wanted to follow it, was up to her. He expected her to though. Because he was totally right. Most of the time he kept his life lessons to himself, but on some occasions he felt generous. “That’s where you go out and hunt,” Raccoon replied with a weak smile. Romeo softly bit his tongue, holding back his comment for a second just to think about it for once. ”But you still see this as a duty to your people”, He pitched his thoughts. When he tried to kick back and relax for a while he tried to distance himself as much as possible from his obligations.

When she tried to outdo him by claiming her nature was better than his, he automatically defended himself. Was he secretly more proud of the place where he grew up than he thought? At least he wasn’t shackled to Rhoynar like she was to Vanaheim. He had no issues with traveling to all other kingdoms. “Then I’ll leave it up to you to show me sometime,” She commented, and he only nodded lightly. He already dreaded having her on his boat. For sure she would get sea sick. Luckily the seas they’d have to travel weren’t even that wild, but that was always a gamble. It could get rough out there, and then there would be no room on his ship for people who would rather be on shore.

Speaking his mind was his default setting. He’d never censor himself. Maybe he should keep his mouth shut from time to time, but nope. His opinion on the Duke of Rhoynar was controversial. Was it dangerous to openly mock him? Probably. But he wasn’t here and if Raccoon tried sell him out to the Duke then he’d know where to find her. “Duke? You don’t like him?” She asked, and he chuckled amused. ”Is it that obvious?” He commented. Romeo rolled his eyes dramatically. ”No, I don’t like him. To him ruling is a game and the people love him for it. But if it would come down to a war I think he’d hide in his precious little castle and abandon his people. He’s a fierce warrior but he fights only for his own interests”, He served his opinion ice cold as usual.

Laatst aangepast door Romeo Haris op vr okt 13, 2017 2:08 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

vr okt 13, 2017 1:29 am
fiercer than fire
If I’m needed I can head back and be there in no-time,” she explained, looking away again. She cared for her people and she’d fight for them. She was harsh and the punishments for crimes in her land were certainly not something to joke around about, but everything she did came from a good place and she tried to make life the best for them, while still leading life the way the Mother would want it.

Mr Tattoo explained what he thought of the Duke and the woman frowned. “It seems like a lot of leaders work like that,” she mentioned, frowning. “How do they become a leader if they’re not strong?” She truly did not understand. Wasn’t the strongest supposed to lead? Why would a weaker person be in charge if there were people around that were way stronger? Weirdo’s.

So,” she decided to say, stopping her horse as she looked at the Captain. “You should be able to find a lot of prey around here… Good luck.” She started smiling as she took a more comfortable position on her horse, clearly showing that she wasn’t planning to go anywhere herself.
tag: pro-hunter
Romeo Haris

Character sheet

vr okt 13, 2017 2:43 am

Not being truly free would probably kill him. That’s why he would never want to be some type of ruler. He was a leader, a captain, he knew what responsibility was. In a way he was exactly like the Duke. He fought for his own cause. And he was lucky some others wanted to follow him. Out of free will. If they didn’t want to obey his commands then they could leave. Or he made them leave. Actually kind of marooned them but that was just a little detail. The difference between him and the Duke was the fact he could get away with it. If he picked a cause to fight for, he would do no harm to his crew. Their cause was the same. They all wanted gold and fame, and it worked perfectly. No one would disagree. However he could see a lot of people disagreeing with the Duke if he showed his true colours.

“It seems like a lot of leaders work like that,” Raccoon said. “How do they become a leader if they’re not strong?” She then asked. Romeo shrugged. ”Leaders have to be smart too. They get training, just like you. The difference is their title passes from father to son, they don’t win it in some sort of game as you folk do”, He replied, not even in a disrespectful tone. He didn’t know if it was a better way but he sure would prefer this system over the one they got in Rhoynar.

Suddenly Raccoon held her horse and she stopped. “So,” She said, turning her head towards him. “You should be able to find a lot of prey around here… Good luck.” She continued, and Romeo fixed her with his bright amber eyes. This was a test, wasn’t it? ”Challenge accepted”, He commented with his signature smirk, after which he dismounted his horse and untied the harpoon from the saddle. He had hunted before. It wasn’t that hard. The hardest part was getting close enough. As silent as possible he moved through the bushes, trying to find a trail that would indicate the presence of prey. It didn’t take long before he ran into what seemed to be a frequently used path for some bigger animal.

Then he made the mistake of following it. Straight into a dense assemblage of branches and bushes. When he tried to cut himself a way through, a frightening scream emerged from the hideout. ”What in the name of the Drowned God..”, He muttered, but he got interrupted by the sound of wood snapping into pieces. Suddenly a huge shape stormed out of the den and turned its head towards him. A pair of little brown eyes were pointed at him, revealing the fury of the beast. It had two small tusks pointing out of its snout, and he didn’t doubt it would hurt like a motherfucker if the beast would charge and tried to pierce him.

Honestly he had no idea what to do now. He didn’t even know what kind of animal this was. The enormous beast screamed again, a high pitched sound that hurt his ears. And then it stormed forwards. His mean-looking eyes focused on him, and he felt like he was staring in the eyes of Death. No way he would die out here though. Not to this ridiculously large whatever-it-was. So he jumped out of its way, the boar being too slow to change direction fast enough to hit him. It was surprisingly flexible though. In no-time it had stopped, turned around and ready to charge again.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

vr okt 13, 2017 12:15 pm
fiercer than fire
It’s not so much winning a game as being the only one alive at the end of it,” the woman spoke, maybe even too silently to hear. She wasn’t fond of the Conclave, but it was tradition and if people had to fight, they just had to. Children would die, parents would cry, but in the end it was all needed. Without a strong leader, one chosen by the Mother during the Ritual, Vanaheim was doomed. But, that didn’t make it less heartbreaking to see children fighting each other to death.

Her challenge was accepted and she slowly got off her horse, binding him to a tree as she followed Romeo into the forest. She was a bit behind, completely on purpose, but could see exactly what was going on. In her hand she held a spear, in case needed, while her blades were still kept safe on her belt. While effective against humans, the spear tended to do way better in a fight against prey. One good hit and it’d be down.

‘What in the name of the Drowned God…’ She looked up and saw how the guy found his prey. Lexa tightened her grip around the spear as she watched, taking a step back so that the thing wouldn’t focus on her. Because if it were to make a run for her, she’d make sure the spear would land right between its eyes and then the fun would be over, wouldn’t it? No, she’d much rather watch as he struggled with his hunt.
tag: boar
notes: *silently cheers for the boar*
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: