welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Mercury
Mercury
Aantal berichten : 104
IC posts : 99

Character sheet
Residence : Mother's Mountains

The devil's child - Pagina 4 Empty Re: The devil's child

zo mei 27, 2018 10:33 pm
Sell your soul, not your whole self
The cursed one didn't find it depressing, Minerva basically told him to shut up. And what did Mercury do? The exact opposite, because he was like that and he could never shut up anyway. The vampire shrugged, moved his chair and sat down, putting his feet on the table. ''She won't even let me change the bloody pelts on the ground!'' He exclaimed as if it was the most horrible problem in the world. Mercury put a hand over his heart and looked at Minerva, hurt. ''You are a cruel mistress.'' After which he stuck out his tongue, just for the laughs of it. ''Besides, I have exellent taste. I mean, how long have you been walking in those rags?'' While Minerva was dressed in armor and leather, Mercury was.. neat, so to speak. His white blouse and dark pants made you believe that he might have some fancy upstate manor somewhere, the dark, long coat on the other hand, probably told you that he was up to no good. The coat made him feel like a bat and he liked to play around with it, so it was the only piece that had gotten along with the times.
BY MITZI
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

ma mei 28, 2018 1:17 pm

I DONT RECALL
falling out of favour

Seeing the two Commanders interact, was a strange experience. They were acting like siblings who were discussing very unimportant things, waiting until the other gave in and admit their opinion was wrong. They went on about the interior decorations of the conference hall. Sure they had more important matters to discuss in here, right? The both of them sat down, seemingly very picky about the chairs. Even though there were five chairs, a throne and only two people, they didn’t sat down right next to each other.

It didn’t take him long to figure out they had to have their own seating for a reason. Not taking another one because it wasn’t their right to. So obviously, he got curious again. Would he..? Of course. When they were done bickering, he scraped his throat lightly. ”Who sits there?” He asked, pointing at the chair on the other side of the ‘throne’. There were five Commanders and he knew about two. Time to get to know who else there was.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:09 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Minerva
Minerva
Aantal berichten : 56
IC posts : 50

Character sheet

ma mei 28, 2018 1:30 pm
You've gone and proved
to be the misery of mankind
All you ever do is make excuses, God you're boring. Use everything you've got inside, you still don't find the courage. Stick your tail between your legs and go. You think you know it all? You're just a king without a throne.
I am not going to stop Cratos from ripping your throat out if you touch any of it,” Minerva told Mercury, after he complained about the bloody pelts. There was not a way in hell that she was going to allow that. Ceres had decorated this. It was the one thing she had of her. The one physical reminder that Ceres was still alive inside of them. Alive until the day she needed to rise again. Minerva feared that day. Would She be disappointed? What would She tell them?

‘Who sits there?’ the next question sounded. Minerva smiled. “She does,” she answered. It was the thought of her Mother that seemed to relax her muscles for a second, before she tensed up again because of the whisper in her ear. “She will come back, so we need Her place to be exactly the way She left it,” she went on, fixing her gaze on Mercury again. A warning. The Commander looked at Mort again and raised a brow. “What is your opinion on War, child?

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mercury&Mort
Mercury
Mercury

Character sheet

ma mei 28, 2018 1:38 pm
They were so stuck in their old ways. It was getting annoying after so many years. The Commander of peace rolled his eyes and let himself sink into the chair, letting it lean a bit on the hind part of its legs. A sudden loose thread on his blouse seemed to be very important when he listened to Mort's question, and Minerva's answer. The Mother. Thinking of her made him miss Her. He looked up just as Minerva shot him a warning glare. Mercury raised his hands in the air, as in defense. ''Alright, fine! I won't touch anything.'' He spoke, visibly annoyed.

Minerva's next question made him freeze. His eyes went from Mort to the other Commander, almost begging. ''Don't start this.'' He spoke, a hint of desperation in his voice. They were not going to talk about this, not here and not now. Mercury didn't have the stomach for it and Minerva knew how he felt about what she was planning on talking about. If this was her way of punishing him for talking about redecorating the main hall, she must be very cruel. Or she just didn't understand the definition of a joke.
BY MITZI
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

ma mei 28, 2018 4:11 pm

I DONT RECALL
falling out of favour

The question she asked him, came as a surprise. And at the same time, it didn’t. Wasn’t she Commander of War after all? Mercury wasn’t too happy with it, but he feared her more than him so he decided not to ignore it. ”I’m not in the position to have an opinion. I’ve only read about them, never been in one myself”, He replied, weighing his words. ”I don’t want to be in one either. I..”, He hesitated for a second, blue gaze drifting off to the walls before speaking further. ”I’ve never killed”, He said. A confession he was proud of most of the times. But here in Vanaheim.. Here it seemed like every breathing creature had at least killed once. It made him, once again, an outsider.

Minerva
Minerva

Character sheet

ma mei 28, 2018 4:49 pm
You've gone and proved
All you ever do is make excuses, God you're boring. Use everything you've got inside, you still don't find the courage. Stick your tail between your legs and go. You think you know it all? You're just a king without a throne.
He had never been in a war himself. That only proved her point. Mercury had told her not to start this, but she listened to Mort’s words before she paid attention to it. “I want to know the opinion of an outsider, Mercury,” she spoke calmly. “Someone our Commander has accepted into our lands, yet who knows these times better than we do.” For once, there was almost a shimmer of respect in her voice. No matter what, she still meant the best for her people. She just believed that the rest of the world was bad, that war was bound to come. No matter what. “You don’t need to kill to understand the value of war,” she calmly spoke. “What do you think of our people?” For a second she frowned. “Honest answer,” she demanded. She wasn’t having an answer of fear, one that wasn’t brutally honest. They didn’t get many chances to ask people, so she wanted answers.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mercury&Mort
Mercury
Mercury

Character sheet

di mei 29, 2018 1:02 am
It was strange how easily Mercury could switch between emotions. It almost seemed.. unnatural. A few seconds ago he had been all laughing and joking and now, now he almost seemed scared. Scared and angry. ''You don't care about anyone's opinion.'' He bit back at Minerva, an angry frown carved into his forehead. ''You will push it down our throats eventually.'' No, he was not having this. Mercury tugged at the sleeves of his coat, making sure his wrists were covered, before staring in front of him. He didn't want the daily reminder of Minerva and her 'war'. He just wanted to watch the stars.
But upon her question what Mort thought of their people, of them, Mercury turned his head as well. His frown still hadn't disappeared completely, but it had changed. Curiosity appeared in his eyes as he raised his brow. The vampire crossed his arms on his chest, biting his lip to refrain from talking. Which was hard.
BY MITZI
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

di mei 29, 2018 4:11 pm

I DONT RECALL
falling out of favour

For some reason his opinion was now important. He hadn’t thought she would actually take the time to listen to his answers. She told him he didn’t need to experience war to understand the value of it. The young one found it hard to see any value in it at all though. ”From what I have read, war is what destroys whole civilisations”, He added. ”To make place for new ones. But who guarantees the new one is a better one?” He continued. History books were written by the victors, but Edmund had always warned him to be critical with the information he got from the books. Of course each side thought they were ‘right’. Otherwise they wouldn’t go to war in the first place, right?

Her next question surprised him again. He had spent some time with the people down in Mother’s Heart, but was it enough to have a valid opinion on them? One that wasn’t clouded by prejudices? ”They aren’t particularly friendly to outsiders like me”, He started of carefully. ”Though once I spent some time in the village, and they didn’t really pay attention to me anymore, I could see how they work as a community. I liked that”, He continued, a soft smile curling around his lips.

Minerva
Minerva

Character sheet

di mei 29, 2018 7:39 pm
You've gone and proved
Minerva’s blue eyes focused on Mercury for a second. His words got through, but her expression didn’t change. “I always listen,” she told him calmly. “But it’s always two against one.” She wasn’t talking about the guardians. She was talking about Styx and Cratos versus the Commander of Peace. There were always whispers against him, always telling her how he was wrong. It was no surprise his opinion got overrun. She just often did not bother telling which opinion was hers and which was the Demon’s. At this point, she didn’t quite know herself.

Mort gave his opinion on the two subjects. She nodded and seemed to take her time to take in the words he had told her, though in reality she was listening to the bickering of the two demons, who completely disagreed with his opinion on war. She took a deep breath in and smiled. “So what if you know they’re coming? Do you flee, or do you protect what is yours by striking first?” She was truly interested in his opinion. For she knew what she was talking about. So did Mercury. He, however, did not. So his opinion wasn’t taunted by experiences, by previous mistakes.

Our people,” she went on, slowly growing annoyed over the voices behind her. Something that was quite clear in both her eyes and her voice. “Didn’t they seem… careless?

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort&Mercury
Mercury
Mercury

Character sheet

di mei 29, 2018 11:40 pm
Of course she listened, of course she cared. Mercury rolled his eyes and brought his attention back to the loose thread of his blouse. Maybe he should get new clothing soon, this was getting pretty old anyway. For once, the vampire pressed his lips together, not wanting to start this discussion, knowing that if he started one, they wouldn't be done until next year. And Mercury rather spend his time on useful things. Like finding Elliot. Or hoarding cats.

But the vampire could agree on Mort's answers. Only when he spoke of the Commoners down below, Mercury couldn't help but scoff. ''And what a community they are..'' He spoke bitterly, looking straight forward to a wall. The vampire refrained from saying anything more, reminding himself that it had happened centuries ago, that he no longer was that kind of person and he didn't even want to be that person anymore. Then all his work would have been for nothing.
BY MITZI
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo mei 30, 2018 12:23 am

I DONT RECALL
falling out of favour

Even though the two Commanders were having a dispute, he still replied to the questions. He wasn’t too sure if the Warrior would be as calm when it came to him as she was when dealing with Mercury. Because she wasn’t patient with the other either, so he could only imagine what she would do to him if he got on her nerves. Her next question forced him to reflect on himself a bit. He wasn’t a violent person, so he wouldn’t strike first. He wouldn’t even strike back if he had the chance. And then.. Then he imagined Lexa’s face. ”If it is to protect what you love.. And there is no other way, no way to avoid it.. Then I guess striking first is the better option”, He said slowly, weighing his words. If someone were to come for Lexa and he could prevent it, by killing.. He might consider it.

Mentioning the people living down below seemed to ruin the Messenger’s mood. He focused back on the Warrior when she asked another question though. He decided not to get involved with the other’s personal life too much. ”Not really, no. They defend their city and the people within the walls with.. Passion”, He said, a faint smile around his lips when he remembered the first time he had shown up at the gates. ”If it hadn’t been for the Commander they would have tried to kill me for sure. Even after she made clear I was her guest, most of them still didn’t trust me”, He continued, after which he met her gaze again, hoping she would be satisfied with his answer.

Minerva
Minerva

Character sheet

wo jun 27, 2018 12:31 pm

Can't you feel them breathing down your neck?
Mercury showed his lack of love for the people living down below and Minerva decided to ignore it wisely, rather than scolding him in front of the cursed one. Instead, she patiently awaited his answer. Luckily, he answered soon enough. He told her that their people still weren’t trusting him. That they were defending their city with a passion. A thoughtful hum sounded as she let her gaze slide over the boy. He didn’t understand, did he? The boy had never seen war, had never seen his loved one perish in battle.

I think I’m done,” she calmly answered. “Please return to us after the war,” she told him. A demand and one she expected him to listen to. His opinion would be more valuable once he had seen what they feared. Once he would finally know what it was that she was trying to win. For now, he was useless. His opinions were clouded by feelings and he still seemed to hope for mankind to not repeat the mistakes it had repeated over and over and over again.
@ mercury, mort
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: