welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

Beyond breaking point Empty Beyond breaking point

do mei 24, 2018 7:43 pm

IM STARTING TO FEEL
like empty is safer than love

Two days had passed since he had joined Allison on her little field trip to the library. Even though they had Kaz’ permission, it felt like the other was not too happy about it. The sire didn’t know why his fledgling suddenly changed his mind. Ever since that day, he had been ignoring him for the most part. It was slightly better than being insulted and verbally abused all the time, but at the same time it made him worry. Especially because Allison now had to deal with him mostly all by herself.

And he had the feeling it was wearing the blonde out. Pushing her towards her limit, just as it had done with himself. When he came back from another blood doll hunt, he found her sitting by herself in the living room. The book she was reading, was still open on her lap. It was pretty obvious she was exhausted. And Mort knew that it would not take long anymore before she would give up. Kaz wasn’t himself, and it also didn’t feel like he was trying to change that.

Even a nice guy like Mort had his limit. Seeing how Allison suffered, made him reach that limit sooner than expected. The vampire went up the stairs, looking for Kaz. He found him in his room, as usual. He scraped his throat to draw the other’s attention. ”Kaz? We need to talk”, He said, his tone announcing that this conversation would be very serious and he expected his brother to treat it as such.

&Kaz Brekker

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:12 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator
Aantal berichten : 1327
IC posts : 1116

Character sheet
Residence : Brightwater Keep, Rhoynar

Beyond breaking point Empty Re: Beyond breaking point

do mei 24, 2018 7:56 pm

I'm not a saint, but I could be if I tried, Lord knows I don't learn from my mistakes

This was his third glass of whiskey. He should feel something by now, but laying here in the dark, all he felt was nothingness. And he had been feeling it for the past couple of days. No, he had been feeling it since he had changed. Since his brother decided that it hadn't been his time yet. And now he seemed stuck in one moment, no matter how hard he tried to push the clock, nothing happened.

The past days he had been sulking around, not saying much, just staring and being grumpy. More grumpy than he usually was. And when he talked, the words he spit out were like venom, only used to hurt and poison the ones around him. Even Allison couldn't escape it. And he tried to be quiet, he tried to be nice, but the barrier seemed to be gone. If he was to suffer, so would everyone around him.

Kaz was hungry but knew he had to wait until somewhere in the morning until Mort would fetch him food. He should start hunting himself, he didn't like to be dependent of his brother. He already had caused enough harm. But speaking of the devil. Kaz kept staring at the ceiling, the glass still in his hand when he heard his brothers voice. Why? Why did he just had to open his mouth? It made his skin crawl. ''Is this the part where we break up and you tell me it's not me, it's you?'' Kaz spoke dryly, sipping the last of his drink. Kaz didn't want to talk, no, he just wanted to curl into a ball and die. But something, someone had prevented him from doing that ever again.
BY MITZI
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 8:53 pm

IM STARTING TO FEEL

The strong smell of alcohol was eminent when he entered the room. Another one of those things he would have to let go at some point. The vampire could understand that he hated what he was. He had been through the same as well. Eventually though, he would have to learn how to deal with it. Stop acting like a human, start acting like a vampire. And start behaving like Kaz again. Because this.. This was just sad. The other reacted very sarcastically to his words, sipping from the drink again. The glass was empty. Mort knew what that would mean. Especially because this time he wouldn’t go easy on him. Today would be the day he would speak the words that had to be spoken.

The male closed the door behind him and walked over to the end of the bed. He kept his blue eyes focused on the other. ”No. This is the part where I will warn you and where I expect you to take it seriously”, He said, still calm but his hands were trembling softly. This was important. He wouldn’t do this if it wasn’t. ”I know you hate me. I don’t care if you do and I know I deserve every single insult you throw my way”, He started off. He clenched his jaw for a second before continuing. ”But Allison doesn’t. She is trying her hardest to make you feel comfortable and all you do is shut her out”, He huffed. It was wrong. He didn’t realise how lucky he was to have someone like her in his life. Someone that cared so deeply she was trying to find a goddamn cure for him.

Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 9:03 pm

I'm not a saint, but I could be if I tried, Lord knows I don't learn from my mistakes

The door closed behind Mort, would that mean things were about to get serious? Or were they just here to talk about their feelings? The feelings Kaz was not experiencing? Maybe something had gone wrong during the turning, maybe there was a part of him that was just defect and needed to be replaced? Good luck finding that one because even before Kaz had been turned into this mess, he already had been broken beyond repair.

''Sure dad.'' He mumbled, rolling his eyes while he placed the empty glass on the bedside table. The bottle besides it was still pretty full, but if Kaz had a say in it, it would go empty tonight. The way Mort tried to be firm, Kaz almost wanted to laugh at it. And he tried. He smirked, but then that smirk vanished. With a quick movement, Kaz sat up straight. The uncaring attitude he had just a few moments ago, gone.

''You can't speak for her.'' He spit at his brother, his eyes narrowing. Kaz couldn't help it that he felt like this, that nothing in his surroundings seemed worth of his interest anymore. He couldn't, right? ''How would you know? It's not that you care for anyone but yourself, really.'' He added, placing his hands on the bed before getting up. It felt harder to do and for a moment he thought that maybe the alcohol did have a certain effect on him. But he was a vampire now, that couldn't be right.
BY MITZI
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 9:18 pm

IM STARTING TO FEEL

Of course he could have expected that this wouldn’t be easy. But this time, Mort wouldn’t back down. Kaz could say all he wanted, he would not give up. It had been going on for too long. This had to end today and if it meant destroying their relationship even more, then he fucking would. His brother had been right about one thing. He had been doing pretty well by himself. He didn’t need him. He hadn’t missed him in the past twenty years and he would do just fine if he left again. ”It’s clear that you wouldn’t notice it by yourself anyway. You’re just sitting here, feeling sorry for yourself while she is working day and night to save whatever you had going on”, He therefore hissed back at the other when he challenged him.

”You know what? Yes, you’re right. I care about myself and I want to be happy. You know why I can’t be happy, Kaz? Because you aren’t happy either. And I am trying, I’m trying so hard to help you, but you won’t let me. And if anything, I deserve to know why. And she does too. I deserve to know if it’s still worth it because if I saved your sorry ass for you to turn out like this, I would almost wish I hadn’t”, He said, raising his voice. Please. Give some sort of reaction. Get angry, yell back. Feel something. For fucking once, feel those human emotions again. He knew they were still in there and this was him trying. Just trying to get him to reconnect with that human side of him.

Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 9:32 pm

Something seemed to rekindle in him. Something tried to make an effort to light a candle in a pitch black room, to see if there was something other than the nothingness he was wandering around in. Kaz could feel it. His chest rose and fell as he sighed. He didn't want to hear those words, he didn't want to hear anything at the moment. The sight of Mort was enough.

But it didn't stay that way. No, instead his brother seemed to push the right buttons. Kaz had looked away, had bitten his lip while he tried so hard to ignore Mort. But this, he couldn't ignore. Kaz swiftly turned his head back at Mort. ''You want to know why?'' He spit out while he got up from the bed. For a short moment the room seemed to move around him, but Kaz ignored it. He turned his attention fully towards Mort, narrowed eyes and a lip that could be bitten open at any time. ''I asked you, no I demanded of you to leave my 'sorry' ass to die. You did this to yourself Mort. You didn't listen and now you are stuck with the consequences.'' Kaz raised his voice and clenched his fists. No, this was not to be blamed on him. His brother was at fault here and he had been since the beginning of this shitstorm.
BY MITZI
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 10:04 pm

IM STARTING TO FEEL

Later, the vampire would regret the words he was throwing at his brother. He knew it was unfair. But at the same time, something had to change. They couldn’t go on like this. Everyone in this house was exhausted. He could have waited for one of them to explode, but that would break their relationship. And for some reason, he wanted to avoid that. His relationship with his brother was already broken. Maybe beyond repair. He really hoped that wasn’t the truth. But at least, if Kaz already hated him anyways, he could give him a reason to. If he could fix anything, it would be worth it. So when his brother got up from the bed, all annoyed, he didn’t budge.

”Yes I am. You both make that pretty clear every damn day”, He hissed sharply. It was working, wasn’t it? He just needed to try harder. ”I also know my brother is not a coward. I know he would have wanted to see the sun rise for another day. Maybe I was wrong after all. Maybe we aren’t brothers, like you said that day we met in the streets”, He said mockingly. He could see Kaz was ready to punch him in the face. But he still didn’t hold back. It would hopefully made him feel some kind of relief, if he could just channel all his anger and hate towards him and let it all out at once. If he had to be the punching bag, then he would accept that without thinking twice about it.

Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 10:16 pm

Oh no, they were not doing this now. All Kaz wanted to do right now was drink that bottle until the bottom was in sight and stay where he was. On his bed, with only his thoughts as company. It was the best he could wish for right now, what else was there in this world for him? The people who were willing to offer him blood? Those people were now buried in his backyard, the life literally sucked out of them. A human Kaz would care, he would be in panic, he wouldn't be able to sleep beause he had sentenced people to their deaths by his own doing. But this Kaz? This Kaz didn't seem to give one flying fuck about anything. He let it pass by, it didn't get through. It was like he wasn't even here.

But now, now Mort seemed to push the right buttons. Because Kaz was seething with anger and hate at this moment, like he was about to cook over. Before he had processed the words, his fist already found Mort's cheek. And it hit hard. ''You call me a coward, while you seem to run away from every confrontation that hits your path.'' He was angry now and he made sure Mort would feel it. ''I don't care if you're happy or not. I don't give a single shit about you because you already seem to be so full of yourself!'' Kaz breathed heavily, like you usually do when you're angry. It didn't even came to his mind that he didn't even have to breathe to continue living. All he could focus on was Mort's face and how he gladly would punch his fist between his eyes.

''Maybe you should just go back to pretending you're dead. It seems to be the only thing you're good at!''
BY MITZI
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 10:37 pm

IM STARTING TO FEEL

There it was. The vampire took a hit to the jaw, which made him groan. Fuck, that hurt. But it would be worth it. He could feel it. Kaz was angry, but not the passive aggressive kind he had been in the past few weeks. His words cut deep, but it was all for a greater purpose. The rage that was building up inside him, would hopefully make him realise there he didn’t have to sit in here all day and night. That he could actually still do very normal activities, feel very normal emotions. So naturally, he just pushed him one more time. Just to be sure he would get the point across afterwards.

”Punch me again, I fucking dare you”, He growled, closing the distance between them by taking a step forward. His chest almost pressed against the other’s. It was all just a way to provoke reaction. He wouldn’t actually hit him back. No way. This was all because he wanted to prove that the fledgling could still feel things. That it was not just all apathy and loathing what he was now. If he could prove that he could still feel anger, then maybe, just maybe, he would believe in love again too.

Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 10:49 pm

Kaz felt like he was standing on the edge. But not the edge he had been on these past days, where he was contemplating if jumping into the void would be better instead of sulking around all day like a zombie. No, this felt like the edge between being alive or the vast nothingness he had felt the past days. He had a choice, but Kaz didn't realise. No, he focused on his brother, the fact that the other did nothing but spit out words that shouldn't mean anything. But here they were.

Mort wanted a punch? He would get more than he bargained for. Kaz screamed before he full on tackled Mort onto the ground, landing on top of him. For a short moment he seemed to realise what he was doing, but then the rage took over again and a fist landed on his brothers jaw. And another one. He wanted to get punched? Well here he had it, Kaz wouldn't do anything more gladly than this. ''You're dead to me.'' Kaz hissed through his teeth as he was ready to punch again, and this time the target wouldn't be Mort's jaw.
BY MITZI
Allison Lenier
Aantal berichten : 1191
IC posts : 1131

Character sheet
Residence : Brightwater Keep

do mei 24, 2018 10:57 pm
I have no heart, just ice and stone
Made up of nails and teeth and bone
And I know exactly what I'm for. To hurt and destroy and nothing more. So hear my battle cry, I'm out for blood to claim what's mine. Finally questioning if I am my own worst  enemy.
The blonde had fallen asleep on the couch. Not the best place to sleep, but, at least it was better than waking up to the screams of the fighting brothers. Her mood instantly went into the red and she grabbed her book, making her way upstairs. She was tired. To the point where her head felt like it was getting stabbed with a thousand needles. To the point where she had been close to hitting Kaz in the face multiple times this past week, even though she knew it might kill her.

It was no surprise to find the two brothers fighting. In all honesty, she was impressed it had taken Mort this long to finally get remotely angry. Or for Kaz to finally start throwing punches. The blonde put her nails in the book and, before truly realizing what she did, threw the book towards Kaz’ face. Half expecting him to dodge, half hoping he wouldn’t. He deserved the hit full in his face. Boy he did. “I get that the two of you don’t need sleep anymore, but could you two lovebirds keep it down for a second?” she hissed furiously.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, brotherly love
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 11:24 pm

IM STARTING TO FEEL

Finally he had lured Kaz out of his slumber. Now he had to take some punches, but that didn’t matter to him. It would make everything better. Or that was what he aimed for. When the other tackled him, he let himself fall back. For a second, he seemed to hesitate, but then he let go again. Mort tried not to make too much noise, but the young vampire possessed a new force he wasn’t used to. His fist felt like a brick hitting his face. He could taste blood when his lip was split open.

Just when he expected another blow, the sound of something hitting Kaz’ face interrupted the fight. He could feel how the weight of the other shifted a bit when he was thrown back by the force. Quickly he gently pushed him a bit further, which gave him the opportunity to escape. His face felt pretty beaten up. The sire turned towards Allison, who was standing in the doorway, also furious. He dropped the act of anger he had kept up all along. ”Do you feel that? Do you feel the anger? That’s human. That’s your human side. It’s still in there, you know”, He said, after which he wiped away the black blood dripping down his chin. There. Hopefully the other would now understand what he was trying to teach him.

Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 11:35 pm

Everything around him seemed to have vanished. All he had eye for was his brothers face and how much prettier it would look with all the blood. Kaz aimed again, wanted to hit hard this time even though he wasn't aware of the strength he posessed. But instead, something seemed to hit him.

Taken off guard, the book hit him right in the face. The sudden hit made him stumble, as far as he could in this position, backwards and he felt Mort slipping out underneath him. Kaz went with a hand over his lips but felt no damage, instead, his eyes shot at Allison, hearing her words. But it were Mort's that made him change the expression that was on his face. The anger was replaced with confusion. Kaz managed to get up and stare for a couple more seconds at the two. He wanted to ask what was going on, what Mort meant, but deep down he knew, he just had been too stubborn to listen to it. ''Get out.'' He hissed, though it sounded a lot less angry than earlier. No, this had some kind of sadness woven into it, like the one you hear when someone says they are doing fine while they are on the brink of falling apart. Because that was how Kaz felt.
BY MITZI
Allison Lenier
Aantal berichten : 1191
IC posts : 1131

Character sheet
Residence : Brightwater Keep

do mei 24, 2018 11:44 pm
I have no heart, just ice and stone
Made up of nails and teeth and bone
And I know exactly what I'm for. To hurt and destroy and nothing more. So hear my battle cry, I'm out for blood to claim what's mine. Finally questioning if I am my own worst  enemy.
Mort’s patience was remarkable. She might need some anger classes from him if they ever had the time. Even with the pain that Kaz had been causing, both mentally and physically at this point, the man had only been here to teach him a lesson. He told Kaz that his human side still existed. She could feel tears come to her eyes, but quickly bit her lip to keep them in. There was no way in seven hells that she was going to start crying here because of that bastard. He had caused enough at this point.

The hiss to get out made her bite her lip even harder as she stared at the book for a second. Her single edition recipe book from the great ‘insert old name here’. But, it wasn’t worth it. She’d get it back. “Great,” she whispered angrily, mostly to herself, before she turned around again. That asshole. She hoped Mort would get through to him, because sure as hell her patience didn’t reach as far as his. Or, that’s what she told herself. She was still here, after all. Even if she wanted to strangle him.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 11:57 pm

IM STARTING TO FEEL

In her own way, Allison had saved him from a more brutal beating. It had helped, at least, to distract Kaz from his anger again. Right on time, to be honest. He didn’t know how much more he would have been able to take. Now he had done everything he could. If this didn’t help, then he feared nothing really would. He was hurt, physically and mentally. But it seemed like Kaz felt like this was a turning point. At least he didn’t attack him again. Or Allison, for that matter. Instead, he hissed that they should leave. The vampire dropped his gaze to the floor for a second, while he could hear the blonde stomping away. After a short pause of silence, he also walked over to the door. He closed it with care, making as less noise as possible.

The male dragged himself to one of the guest bedrooms. He felt like collapsing. He opened the door and got inside. Once he felt the wood of the door pressing against his back, he finally let the tears go.

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: