welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Eideard Breckinridge
Eideard Breckinridge
Aantal berichten : 253
IC posts : 35

Character sheet
Residence : Mother's Heart

The impossible son Empty The impossible son

di feb 06, 2018 12:52 pm

My heart to joy at the same tone
And all I loved, I loved alone

A cold wind blew through the streets of Mother’s Heart as Eideard walked through them. It was unusual for him to walk this far from his infirmary, but he did so for a reason: One of his sons, Matthew, had run away. He had just walked out of the door and hadn’t returned. Admittedly, it wasn’t rare for the teen to run off and stay away for a couple of days or even weeks, but the thing that worried Eideard the most was the fact that his son had not taken anything with him. No gold and nothing of value that could be exchanged for gold, and that boy was way too stubborn to ever ask his old father for help. The best case scenario would be that he was staying with an acquaintance or at an inn and in a way Eideard hoped that his son was just hiding away in one of the alleys, ready to jump out to surprise his father. Deep down he knew that wouldn’t be the case, but he still had a glimmer of hope that the boy was at least still somewhere in Mother’s Heart.

Figuring that a bar might be a place where Matthew might be hiding, Eideard entered the closest one he could find. There were a couple of people in there, including some patients of his who seemed to be surprised to find their doctor in a bar. After all, he never had a reason to go to one – until now. The silence that followed allowed him to speak. "Some of you might know Matthew." One or two of the men grumbled something under their breath. They definitely knew his troublemaker of a son. "Does anyone of you happen know where he is?" More long silences and shaking of heads. "Have a seat, doctor," the bartender eventually said. Knowing that continuing this search was probably hopeless anyway, Eideard went to sit on one of the stools a bit further away from the others. "Just a glass of water, please."

Lexa first!

Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

The impossible son Empty Re: The impossible son

di feb 06, 2018 4:04 pm
fiercer than fire
Stupid. It was the only word that’d perfectly describe her at times. She had to get her ass saved by a guy and now she sat at the bar, downing her third glass as if it was nothing. She was no good with alcohol and she already started to feel its effects, but the woman felt like it. No, she needed it. It had been too long since she had taken an evening off. Her travels had been stressful, felt like they had taken years of her life. She needed one evening, one evening without stress, without worries. And the only way she seemed to be able to accomplish that at the moment, was by numbing it.

A nice side-effect of a numb brain, was that she completely lost the Commander inside of her. And thus she walked up to a familiar face, placing her butt on the seat next to him and smiling from ear to ear. That’d be a sight he’d never see again. “Hey Breck!” she greeted him, more enthusiastically than she had ever spoken to him, almost sounding like the average twenty year old girl. “What are you doing here?” She raised her brows. Was Breck going to get drunk? hehe. She doubted it. That’d be fun tho  
tag: breck senior
notes: ♥️
Eideard Breckinridge
Eideard Breckinridge

Character sheet

di feb 13, 2018 3:01 pm

While waiting for his glass of water – he had more than enough knowledge and self control to keep his hands off alcohol – he leaned on the counter and let his head rest in the palm of his hand. He knew he had been lying to himself by thinking that Matthew could still be in Mother’s Heart. The kid saw himself as an adult already, and what better way to prove that to the world than to leave your hometown? Though the reasoning was likely not even close to what had happened ten years ago, Eideard couldn’t shake off the feeling that yet again one of his closest family members had disappeared.

His train of thought was interrupted when someone sat down beside him. Before he had the chance to consider who it could be, the person greeted him enthusiastically. Wait, he knew that voice. There was only one person in Mother’s Heart who called him “Breck”. He looked to his right and his eyes widened in astonishment. "Lexa?" What in the world had happened to her? She was smiling. Lexa was smiling. It was so normal for a girl of her age, but Eideard would swear that he had never seen her so cheerful before. At the same time as she asked him what he was doing in the bar, he realized that she was most definitely under the influence of alcohol. The smell of her breath was an extra giveaway. "Realizing my runaway son is not in town anymore," he answered somewhat grudgingly. In the short pause that followed the bartender put a glass of water on the counter, and after having given a thankful nod Eideard held the beaker in his hands. "What about you? What brings you here?" he asked when looking at Lexa again, even though he could already guess the answer. He wanted to hear it from her. While awaiting her answer he brought the beaker to his lips, smelling it before he took a small sip, confirming it was pure water.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za feb 17, 2018 12:18 pm
fiercer than fire
Alcohol was both a blessing and a curse to have. While the woman felt good for the first time in ages, reality would hit her even harder the next day. Not only reality. Also a insane headache, probably. But, for now the woman was enjoying her time and had very little on her mind, so she started speaking to Doc Breck.
Your son ran away?” As a true drunk, she threw her head back a bit, to show her surprise. “Why would he do that?” She sighed for a second. Vanaheim might not be the best place to live, but she loved it. The community, the work people put into their future… It was her home and it would forever be, she believed. She could only hope her people felt the same.
I…” She stopped for a second, thinking. “I’ve been on a secret expedition and can’t find what I’m looking for.” Smooth, Lexa. Just throw out State Secrets here, that’s okay. At least it was only Doc Breck, not some kind of weirdo… “So I thought I’d drink.” Because that makes sense, right?
tag: Breck Sr
notes: ♥️
Eideard Breckinridge
Eideard Breckinridge

Character sheet

vr feb 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Eideard doubted he would get used to Lexa’s current exaggerated expressions. It was uncanny, as if he was talking to a completely different person. Now he had seen his fair share of drunk people in his life – mostly in his infirmary after they had passed out, but talking to someone he knew in this state was something he hadn’t done often. Anyway, when Lexa asked why his son ran away, Eideard shrugged. "I’m not sure," he replied. "He has done so before. I dare say he believes that he is an adult, just because he looks like one." He sighed for a moment, softly shaking his head. "But he is far from mature. I fear for his safety," he continued, with his voice barely louder than a murmur, after which he slowly took another sip from his beaker of water. He didn’t want to imagine what his son, without any food or money, could be up to.

Good thing the diversion he needed for that was sitting right next to him. As Lexa told him she had been on a secret expedition he lowered his cup of water again, questioningly raising an eyebrow. Her choice of words made it sound silly, like how a young child would react when playing a game with friends. However, Eideard knew that there was probably some truth to Lexa’s explanation. She had been gone for two months, so a journey wouldn’t be too surprising. "That’s quite a leap in logic," Eideard said somewhat amused, referring to her statement about drinking just because she couldn’t find something. "So, what were you looking for?"

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

zo maa 11, 2018 8:12 pm
fiercer than fire
She did not understand why someone would run away from a loving parent. Dr Breck had always seemed like a nice man to her. There was very little about him that seemed untrustworthy. He… seemed like a genuinely nice person and those people were rare nowadays. Why would you want to get away from that? She sighed, but raised her brows when the man spoke again, saying his son was far from mature and that he feared for the safety of the boy. “Maybe you should scare him, make him think he’s in danger.” Lexa, never become a mother, please. “You’ll make sure he won’t actually be and he might finally understand the risk.” You’d blame it on the alcohol, but sadly this was advice she’d give when sober.

What was she looking for. She put her finger on her lip and widened her eyes, clearly thinking of how to phrase this. “God.
tag: Capt'n Breck Sr
notes: so late, sorry
Gast
Gast

zo apr 01, 2018 1:09 pm

Groen ei

Dierenliefhebbers zullen heel erg blij zijn met dit ei, maar het kan ook voor problemen zorgen wanneer deze geopend wordt! Bekijk hieronder gauw wat het ei voor jullie zal onthullen.

De lucht kleurt oranje en donkerrode wolken stapelen zich op boven jullie. Waaruit duizenden insecten zich op jullie neer storten. Is het een oase, een hersenspinsel of stijgt de alcohol naar jullie hoofd?
Eideard Breckinridge
Eideard Breckinridge

Character sheet

zo apr 29, 2018 7:58 pm

For just a few moments, Eideard narrowed his eyes in thought when Lexa suggested he should put Matthew in a “dangerous” environment – which in reality would be a controlled one. Now, with a lot more nuance put into that idea, there was a chance that in certain situations with certain people it could make for a good lesson in taking risks and dealing with the consequences of said risks. However, as soon as that thought was over, Eideard shook his head. No, something like that would not work for Matthew. The kid had been through the trauma of losing a family member, and there was no doubt that he still struggled with that to this day. He already had problems trusting people, and Eideard couldn’t imagine that would get any better by having him set up a controlled dangerous situation. That would no doubt lead to some "I hate you, dad"-shouting. "Bad idea," the doctor concluded, fiddling a bit with the beaker in his hands. "It’s not like he’s safe right now, anyway." Oh, it would be good if Matthew would learn his lesson wherever he was now, but Eideard hoped that he would get out of that alive.

It seemed that it took a little while for Lexa to find the words she was looking for when asked about her secret expedition, and Eideard was somewhat surprised to hear her answer, even though he shouldn’t be. The Commander likely didn’t care less about literal treasure, so something as metaphoric as this was to be expected. Though, maybe this was a bit too metaphoric, and Eideard wasn’t too keen on the idea of discussing a deep topic like this. Especially when one of the participants of the conversation was drunk. "Well, you’re not going to find God at the bottom of a bottle," he eventually stated, after which he brought his beaker back to his lips – only to quickly stretch out his arm to get the beaker as far away from his mouth as possible.
There was a locust sitting on the rim of his glass of water.

OOC: So sorry for the lateness! School and fatigue have been in the way.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

ma apr 30, 2018 4:25 pm
fiercer than fire
Bad idea?! Her ideas were amazing! All of them! She huffed as he said it and shook her head when he said his son wasn’t safe right now anyways. “Then what are you doing here instead of by his side?” She hadn’t always been the easiest child, but she had always had someone next to her, someone ready to catch her if she fell. Even though it usually wasn’t a parent, she thanked those people as, without them, she would’ve been long dead by now.

God. It wasn’t true, yet it wasn’t lied. She was looking for something related to her God, something that would bring faith back to her people, something that would… unite them all, or so she hoped. Or, so she told herself. Maybe all she was looking for was her own faith, as she had been doubting recently, with everything that had been going on… A sigh. No, she shouldn’t. The Mother would guide her through this and she would find her Faith, maybe through the journey rather than the goal, but she’d find it. She’d be the Commander her people wanted her to be, she was sure of it.

When she saw a green egg on the bar, she frowned. Was it real, or was it an illusion created by the alcohol? She pointed at it, her eyes fixed on the thing, curious what Breck Senior would think of it.
tag: Dr Breck
notes:~
Eideard Breckinridge
Eideard Breckinridge

Character sheet

ma jul 09, 2018 2:19 pm

Eideard’s facial expression barely changed when he heard Lexa’s comment, but his hands tensed around his cup of water. That one hurt, Lexa. "Oh, trust me," he sighed. "If I even had the slightest idea of where he is, I’d drop everything I’m doing, take my horse and make it gallop until I find him." He shook his head. "But I don’t know where he is," he continued as he gestured in random directions, with a hint of frustration in his voice. "North? East? South? For all I know he could’ve taken a boat to the lands in the west." His voice had gotten louder and Eideard, realizing this, took a deep breath and focused his eyes on the cup in his hands, silently contemplating what he had just said and what that meant for Matthew’s well-being. Son, just come home.

He was just starting to find some comfort in the silence that had fallen, until the locust on his cup had interrupted. It wasn’t just his mind that was playing tricks on him – Lexa pointed at something on the bar. A cracked open, green egg that Eideard could swear he had seen before, but he couldn’t immediately place it. "Yes, I see it too," he said while he chucked away the locust on the rim of his beaker. "Bartender?" he called, after which he waited for the barkeeper to walk over to them. "Did someone leave this here?" he asked, still somewhat confused by the whole thing. And was it his ears that were failing on him, or was he hearing a buzzing sound coming from outside?

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: