welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

Through the void - Pagina 2 Empty Re: Through the void

wo mei 23, 2018 11:07 pm

LOSING MY GRIP
and i'm drowning

The vampire listened to her childhood memories. So she was a runaway. Because her parents didn’t accept her magic. ”My parents weren’t all too happy with Kaz’ gift either”, He said with a sigh. They had been contemplating sending him away. A discussion that had ultimately costed them their lives. The brothers had overheard their conversation, and Kaz had.. Lost it.

The work he was doing, could be considered a suicide mission. If she wanted to kill vampires, if she was looking for a way to do so, then he was basically helping her commit genocide on his kind. The only positive side was that he would know if she found something interesting. It would be his cue to run. Probably overseas again. The tricky part would be Kaz. He didn’t think the other would follow him. So he would basically leave him to die. Yet, he trusted Allison enough with his brother, for some reason. “I would never do anything to harm him,” She said. He bit his tongue for a second. ”Good”, He only muttered afterwards.

With another book in his hands, he was standing by the table. This time, he went through it as well, but he didn’t understand a lot of what was written down. When she started speaking again, he closed the book with such force the sound echoed through the library. With disbelief, he stared at her. ”Fix what?” He finally dared to ask. What she was implying, almost sounded like a cure. A cure for the curse..

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:12 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Allison Lenier
Aantal berichten : 1191
IC posts : 1131

Character sheet
Residence : Brightwater Keep

wo mei 23, 2018 11:14 pm
I have no heart, just ice and stone
Made up of nails and teeth and bone
And I know exactly what I'm for. To hurt and destroy and nothing more. So hear my battle cry, I'm out for blood to claim what's mine. Finally questioning if I am my own worst  enemy.
Well aware of the fact that Kaz’ parents hadn’t appreciated his magicks, the woman nodded. “I have heard the stories about the boy, sadly,” she spoke. It was one of the reasons she had walked up to him, after all. The boy who housed demons. It had been an interesting tale for sure. She just remembered her mother telling her that that was the reason magicks were forbidden under her roof. In truth, she knew exactly why. The twins didn’t have any magicks. Imagine if they got jealous. They were actually her children, after all. The blonde wasn’t.

The sound of his book closing caused her to throw a glare at him. Could he not? His question made her go back to the book she held. “A cure,” she spoke, softly, as she turned to the table and put the book she had found on there. “All these authors have been mentioned in other books. They’re alchemists who have tried, but failed,” she explained, shaking her head with the faintest of smiles. A hopeless quest, perhaps. But she was going to try nonetheless.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 11:36 pm

LOSING MY GRIP
and i'm drowning

The sound surely caught her attention. Luckily there were not a lot of people in the library at this point. He didn’t draw any other looks. He just lightly shrugged. She was the one casually sharing shocking information, so. After his question, she confirmed his thoughts with two simple words. “A cure,” She whispered softly. Mort looked away from her, at the table. Suddenly the books had a whole other meaning to him. A cure. A way to fix his terrible error. For an awful long time, the vampire went quiet. He simply didn’t know what to say. The impact of her words was too big.

It was hard to comprehend. The male turned away from her, back to the bookcase. He read the titles without really reading them. They were meaningless letters in a random order for the time being. He didn’t know what exactly he was feeling. Relief? Hope? Panic? Fear? All of the above? ”What are the risks? You say they have failed. What happens if you fail too?” He asked, without turning around. Could it kill him in the process? ”Does it simply unfreeze him?” He then asked. That would be.. The best thing that could happen. Get his heart beating again. He would be physically cured of all his ailments and he would be human again.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 11:47 pm
And I know exactly what I'm for. To hurt and destroy and nothing more. So hear my battle cry, I'm out for blood to claim what's mine. Finally questioning if I am my own worst  enemy.
Mort asked for the risks. About what would happen if she were to fail. For a second the woman looked at him, but soon enough she put her focus on a book again, taking it out of the shelf and opening it. She was quiet for a while, thinking of what to say and what not to say. Her eyes looked for the keywords she had been looking for all this time, slowly deciding that this book might actually be worth something to them.

There is no need for you to worry about what happens if I fail,” she told him after a long silence. Her voice sounded strict. She didn’t just mean that he didn’t need to worry about it, but wasn’t willing to share her failures with him. “All that matters to you is that you should not get your hopes up. All these men have failed before,” she went on, calmly, putting another book on the table and turning back to the closet. “If I do succeed, however, I will make sure it is properly tested. I am not risking his life.” That had to be very, very clear. She would rather have him live eternity as a monster, than have him die at her hands. What she tested the cure on, however, was none of his business.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 7:57 am

LOSING MY GRIP
and i'm drowning

There were so many questions going through his head at the moment. This time, he didn’t even make a stupid joke as a reply. He just went silent for a while. Thinking about what she had said. Thinking about the impact of it if she could pull this of. Of course there had to be risks though. There wouldn’t be this many books if someone had found a cure already. She had said so herself, all of these men had tried and failed. He didn’t really want to find out what had happened to the vampires they had tried to cure. Finally, he started asking questions. She was pretty vague in answering them though.

There was no need to worry. Sure thing. He was worrying in all kinds of ways at the moment. He had probably figured out the why in this matter. She had mentioned it herself. It was all about Kaz. She wanted to turn him back, because she couldn’t deal with what he was. It was the only logical explanation. If it didn’t work.. Would she leave him? Mort rubbed his eyes, after which he pulled his hand through his hair. ”Properly tested”, He then echoed. Blue eyes sought hers. What did that even mean?

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 12:38 pm
The fact that she had trusted him with the basic idea of it, did not mean she would give more information. Had he spent more time in the books, he would know what happened before any medication found its way to the local markets. They needed to be tested. More often than not, these test subjects were not willing. She did not expect to find someone willing to risk their immortal life for death, so she would have to find an unwilling subject. A sacrifice for the many. “I told you not to worry about that part.” Voice strict, once more. She did not want to go into it even more.

A sigh sounded and the woman cursed many gods in a whisper. The lack of sleep was definitely not helping today and the headache was only making things worse. “I think we should soon have enough,” she told him. It would never be enough, probably, but for now it would have to do. A hundred books could be brought home. She was still only one person reading them, so it would take plenty of time to get through anyhow. No point in overdoing things.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 12:57 pm

LOSING MY GRIP
and i'm drowning

It should be reassuring that she had promised not to risk Kaz’ life while looking for the cure. Sadly, he couldn’t ignore the part where she had mentioned ‘testing’. He had certain pictures in his mind right now, and he didn’t like any of them. If she wanted to test her medicine, she would need people to test it on. Vampires to test it on. Even though there were more than was known to the public, there still weren’t that many. How many would she kill in the process? She was reluctant to answer his question, obviously. The male decided not to push the matter much more.

“I think we should soon have enough,” She said after a while. He turned away from the bookcase again. They hadn’t found that much, but if she thought it was enough, then she would probably be right. He leaned against the table for a second, before choosing to ask her one more question. ”What if he doesn’t accept?” He said. He didn’t expect the other to decline. He was pretty vocal about how much he hated being one. But what if.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 1:12 pm
What if he doesn’t accept. Allison threw the vampire a glare. “Possible,” she noted. A clear effort to make her voice sound calm was ruined by the sharp tone that was lying underneath. The thought was horrible. “It would break my heart,” she said calmly, stepping to the tables and picking up a few books, weighing them in her arms. “But it would be his choice and…” Her teeth found their way to her lower lip again. The thought was one she’d rather not have. “I would never force him.” It would just mean she would have to let him go.

The clerk threw her a few books when he saw the books she wanted to have. Another conversation was triggered, in which he clearly warned her about the risks of older alchemy. He had no clue what these writers had in common other than being insane and dead. “I’ll be fine,” she had told him. He didn’t quite seem to believe it, but eventually she decided to just put some extra money on the table and magically he shut his mouth.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 1:42 pm

LOSING MY GRIP
and i'm drowning

So there was still a difference between them. Where he did not respect his brother’s wish, she would. She would just accept it and not force him to do something he didn’t want to do. Mort kept back a sigh. His decision had been selfish, yes. Obviously. And he regretted it, because it had pushed Kaz away from him and he had no idea how to fix it. The hate in his eyes, his cruel words, the distance in between them. If he hadn’t been already dead, it would probably kill him. The vampire didn’t react to her words. It was a discussion he would rather not have right now.

With the books in her arms, she walked over to the employee again. He was kind of reluctant to give her the books, or so it seemed. It was only when she offered him more money, he kept his comments to himself and let them leave. ”Are you going to tell Kaz what you’re researching?” He asked when they were outside. He wondered what kind of effect it would have on his brother. Would he be happy? Angry? His reaction was.. Unpredictable.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 1:55 pm
A slight shrug was the first answer she gave, as she thought of a proper one. “I think he knows, somewhere deep inside that stubborn head of his,” she told him, a slight smile on her face as she called him stubborn. One of the things she had cursed so many, many times was his stubbornness. Now she missed the simplicity of it. How, even though he seemed grumpy and stubborn all the time, she still knew he cared. Now even that wasn’t certain anymore.

I’ve been busy with a cure for the wolves,” she eventually explained. “And he has helped me find some ingredients for it when he was at my place.” She remembered the wolf, the plants… How he hadn’t been too pleased when she picked up the possibly poisonous plants she needed for her cure. “I’ll just change my priorities… Sure the Lord can wait,” she smiled. The reason she had started out with the wolves, after all, had been the Lord of Isla. Who seemed to have personal benefit from a werewolf cure.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 2:06 pm

LOSING MY GRIP
and i'm drowning

To him, the news of a cure had kind of shocked his whole foundation. He had never even thought about the possibility. As far as he had always believed, there was no way out of it. He knew there was some kind of ‘vampire sleep’, a coma when a vampire refused to feed or had no access to blood for a long time. The body just shut down and if one didn’t know better, it would seem like they were dead for real. But there were ways back out of that too, back into immortality. A cure, however.. It had never crossed his thoughts.

Kaz was just a baby vampire. He probably had other things on his mind now too, then to think about Allison and her little experiments. But he didn’t comment on that. ”So, you’re really set on curing the supernatural now huh? Rather than killing them? What made you change your mind?” He asked curiously. Was it really the death of her so called boss, or was there something else going on.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 2:14 pm
What had changed her mind? Nothing, truly. Her mind was not changed. “I don’t obey anyone now,” she simply told the vampire, putting a slight smile on her face. “Kaz had encountered a… friendly vampire along his path. I decided to pay her a visit and arranged a deal with her. In exchange, I would look for a cure,” she explained. She actually adored Ambrosia in a way. Perhaps just because of the bond between her and Kaz, perhaps because the woman had found a way to make her curse work without actually killing anyone.

I have been… finding out that people and monsters sometimes live alongside each other. Those people are willing to help me find a cure.” People like Asher, for example. “The more allies I have, the bigger my chances are.” Because that was the only reason, right? Just because it was easier to accomplish? Killing all monsters would be a huge trouble and she would probably die before it would happen. If she got herself a cure, however… The possibilities would be endless.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 4:13 pm

LOSING MY GRIP
and i'm drowning

Today he had learned a lot. It hadn’t been a bad decision to join her after all. At first, he had done it with the intention of doing something relaxing before going back to being Kaz’ sire. Along the way, he had picked up a second goal. Get inside her head for a bit. See what made her the person she was. Figure out what she was thinking. Because honestly, she was a mystery. There were so many contradictions, decisions she made that made no actual sense to him. So he almost interrogated her. Not with any bad intentions. He just wanted to understand.

The male thought about her words for a while. ”Not everyone who is cursed, is a monster. Some of us actually try to be decent people”, He said, after which he looked sideways. ”Some of us don’t mind living like this”, He continued. ”So I hope you give everyone the same choice, and not only Kaz”, He said with a sigh. She really believed that what she was doing, was the right thing to do. But that was her perspective. Personally.. He wasn’t that sure.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 4:23 pm
There were simple things in life. The curse and the cure weren’t part of those things. Opinions differed and there was no right answer. If things had been simple, more people would have worked on a cure. Those who did wouldn’t have been ridiculed. Life would have been a lot easier. But, thing was, no matter what people got hurt.

Yes,” she started, “there are those who have the best in mind.” She searched for the right words for a few seconds. “But you still need to survive off the back of someone else. Where do we draw the line?” It almost seemed like she wasn’t talking to him, but just herself. Questions she had asked herself over and over, after all. “If there is a cure available, then it isn’t about survival anymore,” she explained. “Do we forgive those who use people then? Drinking their blood to be strong, not just to survive?” Finally, she looked at Mort. “Is that truly acceptable?

NOTES, ~
TAGS, mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do mei 24, 2018 4:54 pm

LOSING MY GRIP
and i'm drowning

“Is that truly acceptable?”

That was, indeed, the question. The one question he asked himself almost every day too. Wouldn’t it be better if he stopped drinking blood, and slip into the more permanent death a vampire could experience? Dig a grave for himself somewhere and just disappear. Even with his lifestyle, he still used others to survive. She was right. When she would find a cure, it would be even more criminal to keep living like this. Killing others, slowly, just because he needed energy and wouldn’t accept another way.

”Do you know how many people my sire saved from a life of pain and hunger on the streets?” He decided to ask, instead of answer her question. ”He picked his blood dolls with care. Orphans, widows, addicts, homeless and poor people. He offered them a second chance”, He continued. ”Fair, they live shorter than they would have if they hadn’t said yes. But the quality of their lives improved. And none of them regretted their decision”, He fell quiet again. If there was a mutual agreement.. Then would she still consider it 'unacceptable'?

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: