welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Maximilien Bourbon
Maximilien Bourbon
Aantal berichten : 65
IC posts : 63

Character sheet
Residence : Navarre

Figures - Pagina 3 Empty Re: Figures

do mei 31, 2018 6:25 pm

FATED TO PRETEND
this is our decision
to live fast and die young
Max actually laughed out loud for the first time in a while when she told him his job sounded boring. It wasn’t much more than an amused chuckle, paired with a light shaking of his head, but it surely felt good. Emilia asked him a question, and he had to ponder about the answer for a couple of seconds. “It’s not as bad as it sounds,” he then concluded. “I get to travel a lot, meet new people.” Probably his favorite things about his occupation. The optimism kind of ended there as well, though. “Whether the job’s fun kind of varies from client to client.” Some of them were straight to the point, wanting to talk about nothing but business. Others didn’t take life quite so seriously and were adamant about entertaining their business partners with drinks and courtesans.

Max took another sip of his whiskey, letting it slide down his throat a little hastily this time. “And what is it that your family does?” he then asked. She was well-dressed, had the money to travel, and the time to go on lousy dates. Surely, she was at least somewhat well-off. Quite some women in Navarre didn’t actually have a job themselves, depending on their fathers, brothers and/or husbands for financial support. However, Max got the feeling that she could fend for herself pretty well.
HOUSE OF BOURBON
Emilia Amarok
Emilia Amarok
Aantal berichten : 50
IC posts : 45

Character sheet
Residence : Nordshal

do mei 31, 2018 6:59 pm
hear my battle cry
Max told her that it wasn’t all that bad and his explanation indeed made it seem that way. Meeting new people was something the woman was always quite up for, even though she tended to be careful when it came to too much personal information. You didn’t want the news of being a werewolf spread out on the street. Which was one of the reasons she was away from home so much. Here, no one knew. If she just made sure to keep her anger in check and to be safe during the full moon, all would be good. “Doesn’t sound too bad then,” she told him after a short silence. “I’d love to leave Navarre, but I haven’t had the chance yet.” She really did want to, however. And she was planning on it! She just had to find out the details. How. When. Where. Who. All details.

When he asked what her family did, she smiled. “My brother recently got… promoted, so the family has been a bit better off,” she told him. Moving from the mountains to a castle was better off money-wise, it was not a lie. She was just leaving out some important details. Like how his promotion was to Lord. “But I’m a nurse myself,” she told him with a smile. Not a family business. Just her personal thing. She actually enjoyed it, even though it was hard work.
@max
doesn't do dishes
liv's codes
Maximilien Bourbon
Maximilien Bourbon

Character sheet

do mei 31, 2018 7:26 pm

FATED TO PRETEND
this is our decision
The way he explained it, his job sounded quite alright. Still, he could never bring himself to do anything. Sure, he travelled a lot, to places he was supposed to go to, but he usually ended up doing something else. It wasn’t like his job was hard either. He never had any trouble reeling in new clients, it was just simply that he didn’t want to try anymore. Max was starting to wonder what his next destination would be. Spending time with his family made him want to leave the country again, and he probably would. Soon.

He raised a curious eyebrow when she mentioned that she wanted to leave Navarre for once. Perfect. Max put on a nonchalant face. “I could take you with me,” he offered. “If you have time, of course.” Travelling took quite some time, after all, and Max was planning on spending a significant amount of time across the borders. When he asked what her family did for a living, he got a rather vague answer in return. Her brother had gotten promoted. To what? Max tried to guess. “Is he in the army, then, or..?” It wasn’t at all clear what she meant, and chances were that she wanted to keep it that way. However, she had awakened his curiosity. Max actually smiled when she told him she was a nurse. An honorable profession. “Good to know ,” he remarked. If he ever got in trouble, he knew where to go now.    
HOUSE OF BOURBON
Emilia Amarok
Emilia Amarok

Character sheet

do mei 31, 2018 8:27 pm
hear my battle cry
He could take her with him. The woman raised a brow. “Do you always offer to take strangers on business trips?” she asked. “I’ve well deserved some time off, though. Where are you going next?” she then asked, a smile on her face. If he said that it would be Rhoynar, she would actually consider his offer. Or Valyria! She had never been there either. The land was supposed to be beautiful. Hot, though. Very hot. Rhoynar was definitely number one on her to-do list.

He’s a Lord, actually,” she decided to tell him, after keeping quiet for a while. “It’s a small town so it isn’t much, but moving to the largest house there was… quite a difference,” she explained. The fact that it was a castle was something for later. She was having a good time and she didn’t know what his knowledge about Nordshal was. Of course she was proud of what she was, for the Moon had given them their blessing, but it was hard and she didn’t want to scare potential new acquaintances off. When he told her it was good to know that she was a nurse, causing her to raise a brow. “Don’t tell me you need to be patched up often.” She had enough regulars come by, asking for her help. Especially once they realised she could take pain with her magic.
@max
doesn't do dishes
liv's codes
Maximilien Bourbon
Maximilien Bourbon

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 3:46 pm

FATED TO PRETEND
this is our decision
Of course she was a little skeptical about him, a stranger, bringing her with him on his travels. They hardly knew each other, but Max absolutely didn’t mind having some good company when leaving for a business trip. “More often than you think,” he answered, honestly. It wouldn’t be the first time he impulsively took someone with him, and it certainly wouldn’t be the last. Most relationships he had were intense but short-lived, so he was frequently looking for new companions to waste his time with. When she asked where he was going, Max shrugged. “Wherever my brother needs me to go,” he told her. “I think Brightwater Keep was next on the list.” It was about time the rum-drinkers were introduced to some decent liquor.

He lifted his eyebrows in surprise when she revealed that her brother was a Lord. Of a small town, but a Lord nonetheless. After that, it wasn’t difficult to put one and one together. A Navarran Lord of a small town, the family resemblance. “You’re an Amarok?” he asked, slightly amused. For some reason, he felt like he should’ve known right away. Max grinned at the comment she made next, then shook his head. “Oh, no. I’m very careful,” he told her, which was a blatant lie. Especially when intoxicated, he lost all heed for his own wellbeing. “But you never know when such a thing will come in handy.”   
HOUSE OF BOURBON
Emilia Amarok
Emilia Amarok

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 4:32 pm
hear my battle cry
Brightwater Keep. The woman let out a sigh. “It’s as if you knew that’s where I’ve been wanting to go,” she told him with a little shake of the head. The thought of visiting Brightwater Keep was actually very appealing. Nordshal wasn’t her favorite place in the world. Brightwater Keep sounded like everything the girl needed. In comparison to Nordshal, it was… lively. There were new people everywhere. Plus, it was far away from here.

He knew. Emilia sighed as he put two and two together, asking if she was an Amarok. “Busted,” she spoke with a smile. She hadn’t quite expected him to piece it together, so she had to give him that. “Well,” she spoke when the topic switched to her profession, “I am good at what I do, so knock on my door if you ever need some stitches.” A lot was handled by the doctors, but her healing magic came in quite handy, even though she tried to only use it as little as possible.
@max
doesn't do dishes
liv's codes
Maximilien Bourbon
Maximilien Bourbon

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 5:43 pm

FATED TO PRETEND
this is our decision
Rhoynar had to be one of his favorite destinies in the entirety of Fallen Skies. The weather was great, the country was breathtaking, and the people were lively and entertaining, if not a bit rude. Valyria was too hot, Falkreath too cold, Nymmerwell too humid. Vanaheim was off-limits. No, Max would call himself lucky if Enzo were to instruct him to go back south again. Apparently, Emilia felt the same. She voiced her wish to visit Rhoynar, and Max grinned. “I’m not entirely sure yet,” he warned her. “But consider this an invitation.” If he were to go to Rhoynar, and she wanted to come with, she was completely free to do so.

Emilia didn’t look very pleased with the fact that he figured out she was an Amarok. Maybe she wasn’t all that proud of her family name, or maybe she simply didn’t like the attention it brought to her. She continued telling him she was good at what she did, and for some reason, Max wouldn’t have expected anything else. “Duly noted,” he said, taking another sip of his whiskey afterwards. After swallowing it down, he looked at her again. After her little reveal, there was a question on his mind. “If you’re an Amarok, and you live in Nordshal, does that mean you’re a… you know-” His voice was a little more quiet than before, not knowing whether it was alright to ask her this or not. Still, he couldn’t help his own curiosity. “A werewolf?”

HOUSE OF BOURBON
Emilia Amarok
Emilia Amarok

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 6:48 pm
hear my battle cry
‘Consider this an invitation.’ The woman smiled. “And what’s the catch?” she asked. Was he just that into good company, or did he expect something out of it? Often enough when a man invited you somewhere, they had… expectations she was not planning to meet. The older they were, the more obvious it was. The stereotype of old, lonely man. Then again, Max did not seem like someone who had trouble finding people for his little journeys. He showed no sign of insecurity.

The question she had hoped to avoid louded. A sigh sounded and she took a sip of her whiskey, closing her eyes for a bit as she seemed to think of a proper answer to his question. “Will you make your way for the door if I am?” she asked, pulling up one corner of her mouth in a slight smile. When she opened her eyes again, they glowed in a green color. Quickly enough, she closed them again, only to open them again once they regained their original, dark brown color. That would be all the answer he needed.
@max
doesn't do dishes
liv's codes
Maximilien Bourbon
Maximilien Bourbon

Character sheet

za jun 02, 2018 12:07 am

FATED TO PRETEND
this is our decision
Of course, there had to be a catch. Men would never just appear out of the blue and offer you their money to travel to where you’ve always wanted to go. Except for the fact that that was actually what was happening right now. “There isn’t one,” he said, shrugging a little. If he was going to go to Rhoynar anyway, and she wanted to see it really badly, why not take her? “I suppose you’d be tied to my schedule, but that’s all.” She would arrive and depart when he did, but otherwise she was completely free to do as she pleased.

His question wasn’t welcomed very heartily, as he kind of expected. Still, she seemed like she was going to answer him regardless. Her response managed to turn up one corner of his mouth. “Only if there’s going to be a full moon in the next five minutes,” he answered. He wanted to bring the glass to his mouth once again, but nearly dropped it as her eyes suddenly flashed green. He managed to hold on to the crystal and put it back on the table, looking at her a little sheepishly. “Damn,” he murmured. “What’s that like?” Obviously, he couldn’t even begin to imagine what it would be like to turn into a giant feral animal every month.
HOUSE OF BOURBON
Emilia Amarok
Emilia Amarok

Character sheet

za jun 02, 2018 12:41 am
hear my battle cry
No catch. Emilia raised a brow when he told her that the only thing would be that she would be tied to his schedule. In a way, she envied them. A man like him seemed to have little worries. Want to take some random girl with you on a trip to another land? Why the hell not. And perhaps, she was going to accept this invitation. “Make sure to tell me when you leave, then,” she told him, smiling. Hadn’t she said she was going to be adventurous? Wasn’t this exactly the kind of opportunity she needed? Duncan’s voice in the back of her head sounded… unpleased to say the least. But he would forgive her.

Max didn’t run away. Instead, he asked what it was like. The young wolf raised her brow. Had everyone responded as easily, her life would have been a lot less hard. She sighed, rubbing her hand over the scarf around her neck for a second. “It’s not bad,” she told him, after a short silence. “It’s mostly hard to know that the people around think of you as a monster when they realise.” Hence why she had been vague about where she came from, until he had figured it out. “But the enhanced senses are nice,” she went on, trying to keep it as positive as possible. “There’s the monthly problem, though.
@max
doesn't do dishes
liv's codes
Maximilien Bourbon
Maximilien Bourbon

Character sheet

za jun 02, 2018 1:26 am

FATED TO PRETEND
this is our decision
Max wasn’t planning on babysitting her while they were in Rhoynar, and neither did he think she needed any of that. He always preferred a certain sense of freedom, a no-strings-attached policy. He had no problem taking her with him, but he didn’t want to be tied to anyone at all times. Hopefully, she knew how to find her own way. A playful grin appeared on his face when she pretty much agreed to go with him. “I’ll let you know.” He just hoped it wouldn’t take too long before he actually could leave.

His reaction seemed to surprise her a little, although he wasn’t sure whether it was in a good or bad way yet. Maybe he was supposed to be more sympathetic, maybe he actually should run for the hills. He’d never come in contact with someone like her before, and now that he had, he was interested. His knowledge on werewolves wasn’t exactly up to par, so he mentally reserved the right to ask stupid questions. His expression softened a little at her words, but they quickly turned into  a grin at her final remark. “But you can’t control it, can you?” he attempted to reason. “I mean, the thing that comes out at full moon, it’s not actually you, is it?” The kills they made at midnight were far beyond their control. Wasn’t it unfair, then, to call them monsters?

HOUSE OF BOURBON
Emilia Amarok
Emilia Amarok

Character sheet

za jun 02, 2018 1:57 am
hear my battle cry
Not quite the way she had wanted to take this conversation, but now that she was here, she might as well explain. The man seemed interested enough to not immediately run away, shout ‘monster’ at her. There were plenty of hunters around nowadays, people who thought hunting the supernatural for fun was a great idea. Even if wolves like herself never hurt anyone in their life. To make it even better: she worked as a nurse. She healed people. Yet, she was the monster. And there was no way she could ever change the mind of these people. It was hopeless. Miserable.

Max seemed to be surprisingly understanding. Emilia nodded after his questions. “Most of us make sure we’re safe during the full moon,” she explained. “We lock ourselves up so we can’t hurt anyone. With the full moon it’s easy - we know when it’s coming.” Even if they wanted to forget, they couldn’t. They could feel it coming. “It’s when you feel heavy emotions that it can happen unexpectedly. Anger, for example,” she tried to explain. “You can try to fight it, but once the wolf has fully taken over, it’s someone else.” It was like the wolf was currently locked up inside of her and they switched positions once turned.
@max
doesn't do dishes
liv's codes
Maximilien Bourbon
Maximilien Bourbon

Character sheet

za jun 02, 2018 2:12 am

FATED TO PRETEND
this is our decision
Apparently, his werewolf crash course was about to start. There were only a handful of things he knew about the terrifying creatures, and he wasn’t even sure if most of them were true. He knew they were regular people that shifted into uncontrollable wolf-like beings at full moon, but that was approximately where his knowledge on the topic ended. Of course, he was very eager to educate himself through her.

As he listened to her, he lifted up his glass once again and emptied its contents. The muscles in his face contracted a little because of the inevitable burning of the liquor, but his mind was completely set on her words. Locking yourself up once a month to avoid hurting people. He didn’t really know what to think of it. He raised an eyebrow when she told him that intense emotions also could trigger werewolves to turn. “Fuck, I didn’t know,” he murmured. That only complicated matters further. “Remind me not to piss you off.” His chances in a one-on-one versus an actual werewolf were rather slim. “It must be nice to have a place like Nordshal then. A safe haven.” Acceptance was never a given, unless you were surrounded by people like you. And even then, it might come with some difficulty. If anything, Max didn’t envy the position she was in.
HOUSE OF BOURBON
Emilia Amarok
Emilia Amarok

Character sheet

za jun 02, 2018 2:23 am
hear my battle cry
When he told her to remind him not to piss her off, she laughed. “Good luck with that one,” she smiled. She wasn’t that easily pissed off, but there were a few triggers that could awaken the wolf inside of her. He seemed rather interested in the subject and even spoke of Nordshal as a safe haven. “Yeah,” she agreed, falling quiet for a second after. “My big brother is the one we can thank for that. And I think he’s happy with it, so are most of.. us.” She didn’t quite feel comfortable referring to her people as her pack to normal humans, so she refrained from doing so. “But it also feels like… a prison?” she told him with a smile. “So I’ve made it my new goal to spend as much time as possible outside of that castle,” she went on. And that was exactly what had brought her to the city. Resulting in a terrible, terrible date. Luckily, the day had turned out to not be all that horrible. Even now that he had found out about her monthly situation, he seemed rather calm. Who would have thought.
@max
doesn't do dishes
liv's codes
Maximilien Bourbon
Maximilien Bourbon

Character sheet

za jun 02, 2018 2:35 am

FATED TO PRETEND
this is our decision
Emilia wished him good luck. Max didn’t know whether to worry or not. She didn’t seem like someone who was quick to anger, but not everything was what it seemed. He figured he would just have to tiptoe around her in an attempt not to make her angry. Ever. Watching his words was exhausting, but it was still far better than being mauled by a werewolf. Apparently it had been Duncan who was to thank for making Nordshal the way it was now. “I’ve never even been there,” he thought out loud. He didn’t know what the place looked like, or whether he should feel bad for all the werewolves that were ‘trapped’ there. Max smiled when she told him of her goal. He could kind of identify. The Bourbon mansion felt like a prison to him more often than not, although he wasn’t in any position to complain about his life. So he simply kept quiet. “Doesn’t your brother mind that you’re running off all the time?” he curiously asked. Enzo was constantly looking after his siblings, especially his younger sisters. Max, however, didn’t really care what they were doing. Maybe that was a character flaw on his part.
HOUSE OF BOURBON
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: