welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator
Aantal berichten : 1327
IC posts : 1116

Character sheet
Residence : Brightwater Keep, Rhoynar

Our infinite darkness - Pagina 2 Empty Re: Our infinite darkness

vr jul 06, 2018 1:21 am

You can't surround a lion with a bunch of lazy sheep

The one thing about royalty is that we love to feast

His leg would probably never really be the same. That much he knew. It felt like he was back at that day on the beach again, that faithful and dark day where he had lost everything in his life. His family, his friends, his life. Everything had been wiped away in what had felt like mere seconds. That was how quickly he could fuck things up. This felt like it was exactly the same. he had done something and the consequences had been drastic. But he deserved them.

”It’s not your fault, at all” A little spark got in his eyes. Was it truly not his fault? A little thought sprung up in his head. Wasn't it Mort the woman had been after? Wasn't it his brother she seemed to care so deeply about? Kaz tilted his head a little, a slight frown on his face. ''She kept asking about you.'' He murmured, recalling the memories of him in the basement. But they were hazy and clouded, like his mind wanted to prevent him from remembering. ''What was that all about?''

BY MITZI
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

vr jul 06, 2018 1:43 am

DONT LET THEM TELL YOU
that i never cared

It kind of surprised him Kaz apologised. Fair, he had hurt Allison. Badly. But it wasn’t his fault. The other vampire had made him suffer tremendously, probably putting the blame on him along the way too. Convincing him it was what he deserved, when it was not. Because he was the reason he had been captured in the first place. He had been too naive to take her threats seriously. Even after what she had described, he had thought she couldn’t be that crazy. He had been wrong. Terribly wrong. For now, he would have to try and convince Kaz that it hadn’t been his fault. Rebuild some of the self-confidence he had gotten used to in the past few months.

His words triggered some sort of realisation in him. His reply made him worry slightly. What had she been telling him? He had been gone for a couple of days, only she and Kaz knew what words had been exchanged. Whatever truth or lie she had fed him. ”She is after our sire”, He replied. He wanted to be honest with him. ”I don’t know why, but she wants him dead”, He continued softly. And it was pretty obvious she would go far to get what she wanted.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:04 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

vr jul 06, 2018 10:44 am

You can't surround a lion with a bunch of lazy sheep

The one thing about royalty is that we love to feast

Mort explained what the woman had been after, but in his head it still didn't make any sense. What on earth did Kaz have to do with the sire of his brother? They were in no way related to each other. The vampire raised his brow, a confused look was shot at Mort before he picked up his glass of wine again and took a big gulp. God he wished he could get drunk more easily.

After washing away the bitter taste in his mouth with the alcohol, Kaz sighed once again. ''And what does that have to do with you? With me?'' He sounded a bit more harsh, demanding answers he wished his brother carried or it would take forever for himself to find out why exactly he had been the target of torture. If the woman was after Mort's sire, then why just not get his brother in the chair? Not that he really wished that upon him.. or well.. maybe.

BY MITZI
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jul 06, 2018 2:53 pm

DONT LET THEM TELL YOU
that i never cared

The conversation had taken a turn and he didn’t quite like where this was going. Of course his brother had questions. But would he really have to admit he had been tortured because of him? It was clear he still had no idea why he had been kidnapped. He shot him a confused look as he mentioned his sire. It didn’t make any sense to him, which was only normal. Honestly he didn’t get it either. Why she had targeted Kaz and not him. If he had been taken by her, he would have probably given the location in the first five minutes. It would have been much easier for everyone involved. Isabella had taken the more difficult route, but the reason for that was also a mystery to him.

”She knew I had his location”, He said, still honest with him. ”She approached me on your party and started questioning me, that’s how she found out I knew where he was. I refused to give her the directions”, He continued, giving him some context. ”But I don’t know why she involved you in all of this”, He then said softly. He wished she hadn’t. He wished she would have picked him instead of his brother, that much was certain.

Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

zo jul 08, 2018 10:03 pm
The atmosphere had started to change in the room. Where at first it had just been a conversation that both didn't really want to have, Kaz now felt how uncomfortable his brother was starting to get, meaning he was digging into some territory the other rather did not want to talk about. And talking about things other people didn’t want to talk about seemed to be Kaz his expertise. Not that he really wanted to be reminded of the things that had been done to him for mere.. sport? The woman had nothing gained besides the fact that she had had the Duke in her hands. She could have done everything, she could have demanded everything and yet all she had done was torture him beyond his breaking point.  

Mort didn’t understand why Kaz was dragged into his shit. Kaz wasn’t sure either but he could guess. ’’Because she’s old enough to be bored and young enough to know how to get what she wants.’’ He replied with a soft yet dark tone woven through his voice. His demeanor changed as he took a step closer towards his brother. ‘’What I don’t understand though,’’ He started, limping closer to Mort once again. ‘’Is how you were so stupid to not see any warning signs.’’ He didn’t want to hate his brother, but he was making it very hard not to do so. Kaz drank the last of what was in his glass, dropping it on a nearby table. ‘’What were you so distracted by, that you didn’t see her as any danger to our family?’’ A weird way to phrase the sentence, but even after all their hardships, Kaz still saw Mort as his brother and wanted to keep it that way. He wanted to share his life with him. His brother just had to stop fucking things up for them.

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

zo jul 08, 2018 10:45 pm

DONT LET THEM TELL YOU
that i never cared

What had happened to his brother, would forever haunt the both of them. He didn’t know what he had had to endure, but he had seen what the outcome had been. How he was still suffering, not only physically but also mentally. It had broken Kaz and in that extend it had broken him too. He hated to see his brother hurt. He had always vowed to protect him and keep him safe. He only wanted to see him happy. Yet he had managed to fuck it up so bad, once again. Him returning to Fallen Skies had not been the best decision. He had gone through so much because of him, and he started wondering if he was still worth it. If his brother could truly be happy as long as he was around. Because clearly, he was failing him. Again and again.

The steps that were taken in his direction, made him nervous. He would gladly take another punch to the face, that didn’t bother him. But Kaz was not even supposed to be out of his bed, let alone he would start a fight here. It might harm him more than he would be able to hurt him. ”You know me, Kaz. I just don’t. I always believe there is good in people, I truly can’t help it”, He sighed. He was too naive for this world, that was for sure.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 10:19 pm; in totaal 2 keer bewerkt
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

ma jul 09, 2018 10:14 pm
Two brothers, sharing the same blood and the same family. And somehow they were so different. Where Mort wanted to see the best in people and believe they were good, that they deserve to live. Meanwhile Kaz was the most pessimistic person you could find probably. He just wanted to see the world burn, no matter how much positive sides to the story there were. He would always find a way to make it pessimistic, to make sure that whatever someone said, he would turn it around and make sure that it would end badly.

His brother was no different. Where he wanted to look everything on the bright side, Kaz just straight up punched that thought in the face and made sure it would never think like that again. Though he had already punched his brother in the face, it hadn’t seemed to help at all. No, instead it probably had made things worse. So, as usual, Kaz wasn’t a very happy person. The moment his eyes went to Mort he could feel the anger rising in his chest. Things only got worse when he heard the words his brother spoke. He rose a brow as he crossed his arms on his chest. ‘’Do you even see good in people that are torturers? Or people that are killers?’’ He spoke bitterly, hoping to remind his brother what had happened to Kaz in the first place, how he was today.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

ma jul 09, 2018 10:37 pm

DONT LET THEM TELL YOU
that i never cared

One day his mindset would be the end of him. If he kept putting his trust in people that didn’t deserve it, it would be abused by those people at some point. There were people out there that didn’t care about the feelings of others, that didn’t care what harm they caused as long as they achieved their goals. It was a concept he just couldn’t grasp. To him, every person still had some good intentions left. Even if Lexa had killed his brother, he knew she had a good heart. He had seen her vulnerable side often enough to know it was there. Otherwise he wouldn’t have fallen in love with her. She had simply been shaped by her past, and he would never judge her on that.

That’s why he had not seen the danger Isabella was to his safety or those of the people he loved. When she had described what she would do to their sire, he had thought she would soon change her mind. That she would let go of her hatred and anger. Boy had he been wrong. And now he had to deal with the consequences. Being, an angry Kaz. ‘’Do you even see good in people that are torturers? Or people that are killers?’ His brother asked, a clear bitter undertone in his voice.

His emotions were contradicting themselves right now. Yes, he had forgiven Lexa. But that was because he had known her before all that had gone down. No, he would not forgive Isabella. He wouldn’t give her a chance to explain herself. ”It depends on how good I know them. If, say, Allison went out and killed someone, you know, I mean.. She is a good person”, He said, trying his best to find the right words. ”I don’t know, Kaz”, He sighed, while rubbing his eyes softly. This whole subject was confusing him, to be quite honest.

Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

ma jul 09, 2018 10:48 pm
’’And that is your problem, brother,’’ He started, his voice lowering, almost going into a hissy tone as he narrowed his eyes and looked at Mort directly. There was nothing left of that broken personality from earlier. All that was left was an angry shell of someone who wasn’t what he was right now. Yes, he was a mess but he didn’t want to recognize that he was a mess. No, instead he wanted to live on and get on with things. Who cared that he was broken, who cared that he was about to throw himself out of a window just because the life he had right now wasn’t the life he wanted.

For a moment he kept the silence between them before opening his mouth again. He managed to set one step forward again. ‘’You don’t see the difference between good people and the people you care about. Allison is a not a good person. If she kills someone, she is not good. But damn me that I won’t stop loving her.’’ He let one of his hands reach the end of the bed so he could keep himself on his feet. He needed to finish this conversation. ‘’So I ask you again, what was distracting you so bad that you couldn’t see the danger approaching?’’

Laatst aangepast door Kaz Brekker op ma jul 09, 2018 11:26 pm; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

ma jul 09, 2018 11:25 pm

DONT LET THEM TELL YOU
that i never cared

The words Kaz spoke, hit him hard. He was judging him and finally said what was on his mind. The whole truth, not sugarcoated. The worst part was that he was right. He had his priorities all wrong. His whole world was built upon the opinion he had of people when he met them, not considering their past. He never cared about that, yet it was what shaped a person the most. If he would be smart enough to keep that in mind, to consider someone’s past, then he would for sure be more able to make a better mental image about that person. Then he would know better than to trust the ones he shouldn’t.

The vampire sighed deeply. There was no use in keeping it a secret anymore. Hadn’t he just said that he still loved Allison, no matter what she did? In his situation, he felt the same. Lexa had killed Kaz, but by that time he had been too involved in their relationship already. If his brother would still love Allison the same, then wasn't he allowed to do so as well? ”Of course you would still love her. You would forgive her, but you would not forget what she has done. But deep down you know she is worthy of your heart”, He whispered, anxiously speaking the words as he knew Kaz wouldn’t like what he was saying, at all. He knew this might fuck it all up even more. But it was the truth. And he would never lie to his brother, not for his own sake, at least. "I feel the same about Lexa."

Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

do jul 12, 2018 11:09 pm
Was he angry at his brother? Yes. Was he disappointed in him? Also yes. Did he want to slit his brothers throat and stab his guts out? No, absolutely not. Did he still love his brother? Probably, but it was hard to get a clear answer for that question as for right now Kaz felt a rush of anger and yet still a strain of calmth. He didn’t want to hurt his brother, yet he wanted him to know how Kaz felt. And if he did that, he would definitely be hurt.

So, it was easy to say that Kaz felt conflicted. Very, very conflicted. He halted, keeping a small distance between his brother and him, somewhere scared that if he got any closer he could no longer hold himself together and would punch Mort. Again. And hadn’t he promised to not do that anymore? Conflicting indeed.

Mort was making a point and it was a very good point at that. Kaz wanted to protest but he knew that if he did that, he only just proved that he was stubborn just because. Mort was right and Kaz had to give him that. And he was about to agree until his brother just had to make it worse.

"I feel the same about Lexa." Oh no Mort, did you really have to say that? Kaz closed his eyes for a second, emitting a very deep sigh. He should have known. He should have known his brother had reached this level of stupidity. The anger he felt moments ago was gone. There was no outburst, no rage, no mad Kaz stomping towards his brother to do something worse than punching him in the face. No, there was just.. disappointment. Kaz couldn’t even be angry, not after everything that had happened these past days. It was like the switch that regulated his emotions was just completely broken.

The vampire opened his eyes again, sheer disappointment glinted in them as he turned his back towards his brother and limped towards the bed. The silence was deafening. It felt like minutes before Kaz finally decided to speak. ‘’I think it is best for you to leave.’’ He spoke calmly, looking away before he found the eyes of his brother again. ‘’No. I want you to leave. I want you to leave right now and I want you to never set a foot in this castle again.’’ He wasn’t even being passive-aggressive. He was just straight up being honest and done with everything. ‘’You don’t say anything to Allison. You move now and you leave.’’ It was obvious that he didn’t want any protests. The vampire glanced at his hands for a moment, breaking eye contact. ‘’And then to think that we share blood..’’ He mumbled almost horridly and loud enough for his brothers hearing to pick up.

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do jul 12, 2018 11:58 pm

DONT LET THEM TELL YOU
that i never cared

Right when he was done speaking, he knew he had gone too far. As usual, he hadn’t thought this through. Of course he had planned on telling him one day. Sadly, his timing was miserable. It had just come out without him thinking twice about it. His brother sighed deeply and closed his eyes. Even though he was standing this close, he didn’t make any more towards him. Mort tried to predict his reaction. Anticipate on a possible fit of rage. His thoughts went to his magic, how the demons would feed on his emotions and turn against him at last. Because now, he was the source of the torment their master was enduring. And even though he was a vampire, he didn’t really want to face the creatures that could spawn out of nowhere.

To his surprise, there was no physical retaliation for his stupidity. Instead, Kaz turned around and walked away. He didn’t dare to move, so he just stood there frozen, waiting for any kind of reaction. Finally, the other started talking. The words that were thrown his way, caused a sharp pain in his chest. Even though he didn’t need to breathe, he was struggling for air as his throat started burning. His vision got blurry when the tears started filling his eyes. ”Kaz..” He tried, his voice trembling with emotions. But then, the deathblow followed.

‘’And then to think that we share blood..’’

The shock he felt was clearly visible on his face. Mort inhaled sharply, gasping for air. It might as well been another punch, because he took a few steps backwards until he felt the door against his shoulders. He wanted to say something, anything, but he was speechless. It was the deepest insult he could have ever used. For a few more seconds, he stared at him. It felt like an eternity ”As you wish”, He finally whispered. After that, he opened the door. For a second he was doubting which way to turn. Kaz had been clear. Leave now, don’t talk to Allison. But didn’t she deserve to know she would have to deal with him on her own from now on?

Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

vr jul 13, 2018 12:11 am
The moment he had spoken those words and they echoed in his head, he regretted them. In an instant he wanted to take them back and he wanted to tell his brother that he didn’t mean them, that he understood. But the problem was, that he didn’t. What did his brother see in a murderer? The murderer of his own brother? Was it worth it? Or was he truly nothing, just a pawn to be tossed around on the board. Useless, uncared for. That was clear to him now. The woman had been right all along. His brother didn’t even care for him.

But then.. why did he try to save him from Lexa in the first place? Was it because he had known her already and he didn’t want to see her how she truly was? Didn’t he want to believe? The more he thought about it, the more confused he got. The fact that Mort apparently didn’t want to clear his name, was enough reason for Kaz to keep his mouth shut and not take his words back. Apparently his love for a savage was greater than his love for family. ‘’Don’t even think of returning here.’’ He hissed, narrowing his eyes, letting them burn into his brother back. Go on. Fight back. Tell him that he was wrong, that he didn’t understand. Explain. Do something for once. But maybe it was finally too late.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jul 13, 2018 12:30 am

DONT LET THEM TELL YOU
that i never cared

The moment of doubt gave more time to reflect on what had just happened. His heart was feeling heavy, as an actual dead weight in his chest right now. It had lost the ability to function a long time ago, yet it seemed like emotions still had some kind of influence on it. Or he was just imagining it. Either way, he couldn’t deny it hurt. Badly. He had given his life for Kaz, literally, but it still wasn’t enough. He loved him so much yet failed to show it to him properly. Even now, when he had the opportunity support him and actually be useful for once, he managed to fuck it up. Now he had his back towards the other, he let go of the tears. Because he knew that this time, it was over for good.

”I won’t”, He said, his voice breaking even though it was barely a whisper. The vampire bit down on his tongue, after which he decided to turn around one last time. ”If you..”, He started slowly, shaking his head. Quickly he wiped away the tear escaping from his eye with the sleeve of his sweater. ”If you change your mind”, He forced himself to say. He would only be one letter away.

Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

vr jul 13, 2018 12:51 am
Goddammit Mort. Do something. Punch him in his ignorant pretty little face and tell him how wrong he is. Tell him how Kaz needed to get his shit together and stop being such a pessimistic asshole. Tell him to stop pushing people away. Kaz almost looked hopeful as he thought those words and repeated them over and over in his head. Yet, disappointment kept on winning as the vampire looked away again. This time, he targeted the wall. At least that didn’t have a face or a voice that told him how stupid he was.

He truly wanted to take it back. Even more so when he heard his brother who started to cry. Mort didn’t deserve this. Yet, he didn’t give Kaz one reason to take his words back. Instead, he formed weak words that were even weaker once put together. Kaz clenched the bedsheets, biting his lip before exhaling. Go on then, tell him you’re wrong and that you didn’t mean all of it. Tell him you want to start over. Go on Kaz, put what is left of your pride aside. ‘’Get going before I call the guards.’’ Bitter words. The wrong words. Come on Kaz, you have another chance. Don’t push people away for once. ‘’I never want to see your face here ever again.’’ For fuck sake Kaz. No one can be happy when you’re around now can they? You truly had to ruin everything for everyone. How weak and pathetic he was. It seemed like the poison had finally reached its last victim.
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: