welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Edmund Lennox
Edmund Lennox
Aantal berichten : 22
IC posts : 20

Character sheet
Residence : Falkreath

Be careful what you wish for Empty Be careful what you wish for

za jul 14, 2018 2:24 am

DO MONSTERS MAKE WAR
or does war make monsters

If he had been in a better mood, he would have surely enjoyed coming to this city. It was new, therefore exciting. Which was a rare occurrence for the man. Being this old meant he had seen a lot already, so there was not much that could really spark his interest. Unfortunately, he was not here because he wanted to be here. No, the letter he had received had caused him to pack all his important belongings and leave for this unfamiliar continent. He was not quite sure how long he would stay here, though he expected not to return to Yavin any time soon. First, he needed to fix a certain problem, which could be quite the challenge. He had never expected to hear about Isa in the way he had now. It had surprised him to find out she had turned out like this.

And at the same time, he wasn’t. Leaving her with Rosalie had been a risk, for sure. One that had exploded in his face now. He had prepared for their encounter and now he was finally where he needed to be. His fledgling had instructed him to go to the castle first. Because apparently the Grand Duchess wanted to speak with him before he went after Isa. A strange request, but because it had been Mortimer who had asked him, he would not question it. When he arrived at the gates, a guard commanded him to halt. The vampire gave his horse a signal to stop. ”Edmund Lennox, I am here on request of the Grand Duchess”, He stated his business. The guard told him to follow him, so he left the reins in the hands of a stable boy, after which he walked behind the guard towards the entrance of the castle itself.

Allison Lenier
Aantal berichten : 1191
IC posts : 1131

Character sheet
Residence : Brightwater Keep

Be careful what you wish for Empty Re: Be careful what you wish for

za jul 14, 2018 1:49 pm
I believe in you,” the Duchess whispered to herself, looking in the mirror as she finally pulled her hands away from her hair. Looking at herself in the mirror, she saw everything that others failed to see. The exhaustion in her eyes, hidden behind a smile that only seemed real to those who didn’t know the way she normally smiled, the spark missing from her eyes. Her back was kept straight and she tried her best to hide how much she wanted to crawl back in bed, open a book and hide from the world. It wasn’t something she could allow herself to do. She had a life to lead, even if the road she walked was a lonely one. And while, at times, it felt like this road carried too high a toll, she would keep fighting. For that was what she had promised, that was what she needed. If anything, recent events should inspire her to fight for what she wanted. Which was exactly what she was going to try and do, until the day the smile on her face would be believable again.

As per usual, the woman was dressed in a way that most rulers would question. Sitting on her highly fancy chair, she pulled one leg over the other, sipping from a glass of wine as she seemed to do all the time nowadays. While she made sure not to drink too much while still working, drinking multiple glasses of wine every single day couldn’t be healthy, but it was what kept her going. For a second, she looked down at the dress she was wearing. A white top that covered her entire chest, for once, and short sleeves that did not even reveal her shoulders. If the dress had actually managed to cover her knees, it would have almost been appropriate for someone in her rank.

The door to the throne room opened and the brunette raised a brow, leaning forward a bit as she took another sip of her wine. Normally, her guards would ask her permission to let someone in, rather than walking a stranger into this room immediately. Which meant he was either very important, or she had been expecting him already. Luckily, there was only one man she had asked to meet, which meant that this had to be Mort’s sire and the reason for Kaz’ torture.

Edmund Lennox
Edmund Lennox

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 2:14 pm

DO MONSTERS MAKE WAR

Whereas the tone of the letter had implied his presence was needed urgently, he had not been in a hurry. It was not a situation he wanted to get caught unprepared in. A state of mind that applied to his whole life, actually. First he needed to gather information, analyse it, then come up with a decent plan. A solid one that had no unexpected loopholes. Being prepared was what secured a positive outcome. It had taken him a while to think about what that positive outcome might be as well. Luckily the time he had spent traveling, had given him the opportunity to overthink it all to the last little detail. Of course there were uncertainties, factors he couldn’t take into account just yet. This conversation was one of them. He still wondered what this Grand Duchess wanted from him.

Hopefully this wouldn’t turn out to be a waste of time. Even though he had eternity, he did not like it when people kept him occupied unnecessarily. The guard took him through the castle, through the doors of what he quickly recognised was the throne room. On that throne sat the Grand Duchess. Sipping wine. Dressed like a.. Edmund kept his face straight, no indication of how he was silently judging her appearance. He locked his gaze with hers, neutral and slightly curious. He waited until she would speak up, giving her the chance to lead this conversation to where she needed it to go.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 2:35 pm
Another vampire. There was still a part of her that wanted to call for his head, send every man she had after him. Because vampires were abominations of nature and their curse needed to end. Especially a man like this, who turned others for his own benefit. Miserable, pathetic. He was everything she hated, or was supposed to hate, and yet today, it was no time to think about that. Because they had other matters to solve before she would question her beliefs. With Kaz and Mort being vampires too, her opinion on them needed to change. Was she still allowed to draw a line somewhere, and if so, where could she? Was a vampire good as long as he turned no others, as long as he didn’t kill? Or was every vampire still bad?

Edmund,” she spoke, carefully letting his name roll off her tongue before taking another sip of her wine, looking down on the man who was the reason things had gone bad. “Isabella is a problem.” Straight to the point. No chit chat. Because she wasn’t sure if it was the lack of sleep or the alcohol, or perhaps she truly believed so, but she felt like this man was the cause of what had happened. Angering the vampire to the point where she had decided to hurt Kaz. This was his mess to clean up, not hers.

Edmund Lennox
Edmund Lennox

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 3:34 pm

DO MONSTERS MAKE WAR

At least she felt the same way about not wasting any time. She told him straight up what the subject of their little get-together would be. The vampire only nodded once. That was not new information. The letter Mortimer had sent him, had been all over the place, with only one clear message. That his other fledgling was causing him trouble and he needed to come help out as soon as possible. She had apparently kidnapped his brother to find out about the location of his mansion. Because she wanted to kill him. That was about it. It was a shot in the dark, but he guessed it was coming from a place of revenge. Leaving her with Rosalie had been a mistake. His sire was like a cancer. Spreading slowly, but unstoppable. And above all, lethal in every way.

”Did I not come here to deal with that problem?” He finally spoke, his tone calm and stern. Fitting to someone his age. The vampire didn’t move, but still appeared relaxed in his stance. He was confident in his ability to neutralize the threat that his fledgling was. ”What exactly are your expectations”, He then asked in return. He still had no clue what she wanted from him. This was between Isa and him, and she had nothing to do with that. Even though he did not tolerate his fledglings to disgrace his name and felt responsible for making sure they did not step out of line, he did not feel the need to justify himself in front of anyone who was not involved in it.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 4:01 pm
When Edmund asked for her expectations, she took another sip of her wine. After this, she stared into her glass, slowly twirling it and looking into the red wine, as if it held the answer. Sadly, it didn’t, so after a few seconds she looked back at the vampire again, trying her very best to keep her expression straight, not show what she truly felt about any vampire standing in front of her. Especially one who had turned plenty of others. The kind of vampire she was supposed to end. Luckily, this was something she had learned over the years. While the smile on her face wasn’t believable, it didn’t show the reason for its fakeness. Sooner giving the impression it was because of her exhaustion than something else.

This is not just your problem to deal with,” she calmly stated, taking a sip of her wine before continuing. “She hurt my husband and for that, I want her to pay.” Because that was her main reason for calling the vampire here. Isabella had been a danger to Kaz. Whatever she wanted to do to Edmund, she didn’t care. But hurting her husband was something the woman did not take lightly. “Which leads me to what I’ve been meaning to ask you,” she finally spoke, shifting in her chair, leaning forward as she looked at the man. “What is your plan?

Edmund Lennox
Edmund Lennox

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 4:15 pm

DO MONSTERS MAKE WAR

Humans were predictable. Driven by emotions rather than logic. Even if they took pride in using their brain, intense emotions always had some type of influence. For her, it was revenge. As he had expected. Isa had hurt her husband. He could paint a vivid picture of what had went down right away. He himself was guilty of the same crimes. It was now clear she wanted to use him to carry out her thirst for revenge. Which was not exactly what he would agree to. She had involved herself in matters that weren’t her business. ”Let’s get one thing clear. I am here to deal with the root of the problem, not the consequences of it. I am sincerely sorry for what happened to your husband”, He replied, pausing shortly. ”I will prevent it from happening again. But I am not here to punish her.”

Harsh words, but now they had that cleared up, he could reply to her next question. Of course, without giving away too much. One never knew who was listening along. ”We are going to have a conversation, sire to fledgling. Based on her answers, I will judge if she wants to continue to blame my name and disrespect the mark she wears. Depending on that outcome, I will take the appropriate actions”, He said. It was not up to her to decide what had to happen to Isa. That choice was his and only his.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 4:37 pm
This man was too calm. From the look in his eyes to the tone of his voice, even the meaning behind them. It sickened her to the point where she almost failed at hiding it. He didn’t care what harm his fledgling has caused. He only cared for his name, for his pride that had been hurt. Mort had made this man seem like he was purely good, like he was the father one should look up to. But, to Allison this man seemed like something completely different. Unlike Mort and Kaz, he had lost his humanity, was no longer the man he had probably once been. It triggered her, as there was a voice in her head telling her that this was how the two of them would become. With another sip of her wine, the glass ended up empty. Miserable.

I am not here to punish her.’ Allison raised a brow as she heard these words. As she had expected. The man truly didn’t care for what harm his miserable piece of a fledgling has caused. He was no better and the way he spoke, made it seem like this was truly only his problem. Like she just had to take his word for it if he decided to release the monster again. ‘But she promised to behave this time.’ Absolutely fucking miserable. “She harmed the Grand Duke of this land,” she simply stated, falling quiet for a few seconds. “I don’t care about your mark, or your name. She will pay for her crimes,” she stated, taking a few seconds before continuing again. “Either by your hands, or I will make sure someone else will do it.” That part was up to him.

Edmund Lennox
Edmund Lennox

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 4:57 pm

DO MONSTERS MAKE WAR

It was clear his answer was upsetting her. They had a different opinion on the whole situation, which did not really come as a surprise to him. He could get her point of view as well, for sure. If it had been someone he cared about, his attitude towards Isa would have been very different. Unfortunately, the Grand Duke might as well have been killed, he wouldn’t have cared less. He would feel bad for the relatives he left behind, as he knew all too well how it felt to lose a loved one. But to him, this case was pure business. No emotions were involved on his side. The vampire listened to her words, giving her respect by paying attention to them.

After she was done talking, he hummed softly. ”I agree she deserves to be punished for her crimes, according to the laws of your lands. I hope you find someone capable of not getting themselves killed in the process”, He replied. A fair warning. Isa would not let herself get caught that easily. ”I suppose we are done then. I would like to talk to Mortimer. Any idea where I can find him?” He asked, expecting his fledgling to still hang around somewhere in Brightwater Keep.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 5:25 pm
Luckily, the vampire did agree that Isabella needed to be punished for the crimes she had committed. According to the laws of the land, of course, but those laws were a bit vague. Her word was law, so if she ordered for Isabella to die after immense torture, she would. At least now he had agreed to that, so even if he were to let her go because of false promises, she would meet her end soon. That much was certain. Because a threat like the woman, a vampire without any humanity left… There was no way she could allow that to roam around her lands. She needed to die. “That won’t be a problem.” Because she didn’t really care if there were sacrifices. She would find someone who could take Isabella and if not, all they needed was a trap.

Mort. “About that,” she spoke, frowning as she looked into her empty glass. If only this entire castle had been filled with staff, who should be able to smell the scent of her empty glass and give her a free refill. “I asked him to come here to meet you,” she told the man, looking back at him again. “He should have been here already.” Even with the fight between Mort and Kaz, she would have expected to hear from him by now.

Edmund Lennox
Edmund Lennox

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 5:48 pm

DO MONSTERS MAKE WAR

Whatever Isa’s faith would be, was entirely up to how their conversation would turn out. If she proved to be still worthy of his trust, he would have no problem with siding with her. Support her like he would support his other fledglings. He would jump for her as much as he had done now for Mortimer. On the other side, she had been pretty vocal about wanting him dead. Or that was what his youngest fledgling had told him in his letter. If it turned into a fight to the death he would make sure he was the one walking out of it alive. He didn’t exactly plan on getting killed. For now, he kept quiet about all of that. As long as the possibility existed he would have to defend Isa against whoever the Grand Duchess sent after her, he would not mention it, so she could not expect it and turn that information into her advantage.

For the first time in their conversation, his expression changed. Showing a more human side that had been hidden behind a neutral mask all this time. Edmund was worrying. It was unlike Mortimer to not show up, especially when he knew he would be here to meet him. He had been the one to request his help in the first place. ”I do not like to assume the worst, but this is bad news”, He said, his eyes darting away from hers while considering the options. Soon after he locked his gaze with hers again. ”I will keep you updated, on both the situations, I expect you to do the same”, He continued, leaving no room for protest. Even though he felt like she didn’t particularly trusted or liked him, they would have to work together on this.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

zo jul 15, 2018 4:56 pm
She was not a good person. Not for those she didn’t care for. Once she was loyal to someone, however, the woman seemed to go through fire to keep those people safe and, above all, happy. With Giovanni, this meant she had turned herself into his own, personal puppet. The abuse, the mind games… None of it mattered. Because it was what made him happy and if she were to fight it, she would ruin that. And there was no way that she could do such a thing. The first time in her life that she had gone against him, was because she had been more loyal to someone else. And that person had pushed her away, made her feel more miserable than she had felt in her entire life. Yet, she’d stick by his side. And the woman who had hurt him needed an angel by her side to protect her from what was going to happen to her once Allison found her.

Expectations. Allison could still feel the annoyance, yet managed to calmly answer. “Of course,” she calmly agreed, a smile appearing on her face again, “I will send out my men to look for him while you take care of this problem.” Because the more people looking for Mort, the better. In the meantime… She needed the world to be rid of this Isabella. Sooner, rather than later. Something Edmund would hopefully be of help with, though something told her he might not do this the way she wanted him to, making him rather useless.

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: