welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Arawn
Arawn
Aantal berichten : 45
IC posts : 30

Character sheet
Residence : Mother's Heart

Get Hurt Empty Get Hurt

di okt 24, 2017 12:34 am

For those who value survival,
sentimentality is not an option.

A variety of curse words accompanied heavy breathing as she quickly made her way back to Mother’s Heart. Her heart was beating in her throat and her temples seemed to be pulsing. The fingers of her right hand were thoroughly pressing on the gaping wound on her left arm, trying to somewhat stop the bleeding, to no avail. The wound was too big and too deep. A hunt gone south. It wasn’t something that happened to her often. She had been taught to hunt from birth and her experience showed. Things hardly went wrong for her. Up until today.

Apparently, she had her eyes set on the same prey as another predator. She had been stalking a deer for the past twenty minutes, slowly but steadily closing in on the unknowing animal. It was right then and there that a feral puma entered the scene, flinging itself at the deer and after that, at her. The feral animal had managed to get one decent swipe at her, tearing its claws through the skin on her underarm. Blood started seeping from her and before the blood loss would hit her, she figured it was wisest to head back home. Quickly. Luckily, the animal decided not to follow her, instead focusing itself on its freshly killed deer. It was the perfect time for her to get away. As she walked, she felt light-headed. She felt cold and hot at the same time, she was sweating, yet shivering. As she neared the capital of Vanaheim, she made her way to the only doctor she could bring up to locate right now. Dr. Eideard Breckinridge. Breathing heavily, she entered his infirmary. “Doctor… I need a doctor,” she breathed, exhausted from running and from bleeding. Her arm sagged to her side, blood running down and dropping to the floor.

OOC; Eideard first!
Eideard Breckinridge
Eideard Breckinridge
Aantal berichten : 253
IC posts : 35

Character sheet

Get Hurt Empty Re: Get Hurt

za nov 11, 2017 10:24 am
It had already been a busy day at the infirmary. Patient after patient had needed the doctor’s help and even though Eideard loved his job, he was somewhat relieved when he saw no-one sitting in the waiting room when the latest patient had left. Finally able to take a short break, he sat down on the lone chair in the treating room while keeping the door to the waiting room open. After all, he knew from experience that someone in need could come in at any time and he had to be ready to do his job.

Barely five minutes had passed when Eideard heard someone entering the waiting room, and when he turned his head to see who had entered he knew this was an emergency. He stood up and quickly walked towards the wounded woman who looked like she could collapse at any moment. "Come, you need to lie down," he said, while holding out an arm behind the woman’s back in case she needed some support. "Just a few more steps," he said reassuringly, hoping that she would be able to make it to the heightened bed in the middle of the treatment room. Not only would that be more comfortable to lie on than the floor, but also would make it easier for Eideard to tend to her wounds.

Arawn
Arawn

Character sheet

zo nov 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Lucky for her, the waiting room of the infirmary seemed rather deserted, which meant she wouldn’t have to wait at all. Her good hand was loosely curled around the wound, trying to softly press into it to stop It from bleeding. It didn’t exactly help much. The wound was deep, seeping more blood whenever she tried to move her arm. There was no doubt it’d make a decent scar. She got rid of the remains of the leather bracer that’d been there before. The animal’s claws had torn it to shreds and it served no purpose any more.

As soon as she stepped in, the doctor hurried in. Arawn was breathing heavily, more from running here than from anything else, really. She tried to focus on the doctor himself, who told her she needed to lie down. She just nodded and let him help her. Usually she was less than welcoming towards people touching her out of the blue, but this time, she was willing to make an exception. With a soft hiss, she made her way to the examination table in the middle of the room and sat down. She didn’t dare remove her hand from the wound yet. “You can fix it?” she then asked. Not so much out of distrust of the doctor’s abilities, but more out of her own ignorance on the topic. She was no healer, although at times like these, it might have been useful.
Eideard Breckinridge
Eideard Breckinridge

Character sheet

za jan 13, 2018 11:06 am

My heart to joy at the same tone
And all I loved, I loved alone

As Eideard guided his patient to the examination table, he was able to quickly glance over her to get a first impression of her injuries. Of course he had already seen her bloody arm, but at that point he didn’t know yet whether it was the only wound that needed tending to. Luckily it seemed that it was indeed just the arm that needed immediate attention, so the chances were high that the woman would make it through just fine.

The patient sat down on the examination table, still holding on to her arm with her good hand. "Of course I can fix it, that’s my job," Eideard replied when she asked him if he could fix her arm. It might have been a bit of an exaggeration since he hadn’t been able to take a good look at the wound yet, but right now it was important for the patient to be able to relax a bit to prevent her from getting in shock. For that very same reason he gently put his hand on the woman’s shoulder that was furthest away from him, which again served as some sort of guidance in case she would get more light-headed and lose her sense of orientation. "Now lie down and relax. You’ll be fine," he instructed her reassuringly. He would go get the necessary materials once he didn’t have to worry about his patient falling off the table.

Note to self so I don't have to Google it again

Arawn
Arawn

Character sheet

wo jan 17, 2018 12:02 am

Her knowledge on anything medical was… scarce, to say the least. She knew open wounds would have to be closed up as soon as possible to decrease the risk of infection. She also knew that putting pressure on the wound was supposed to stop the bleeding. Unfortunately, that was approximately everything she knew. Mother’s Heart was a rather primitive place, if compared to its surrounding countries. Vanaheim mostly relied on craft and trade, which caused most people to pick up basic occupations like hunting, fishing, clothmaking and the like. Medical professionals were hard to find, especially ones that were genuinely good at what they were doing. Lucky for her, she knew just where to find one. Dr. Eideard Breckinridge, the man that the Commander herself would be sent to in case she got hurt.

The man immediately guided her towards his examination table, although Arawn figured that not much examination would be needed. After all, it was pretty clear what was ailing her. She took place on the table, her gaze fixated on her bleeding arm, feeling a little more at ease. Now that she was about to receive actual help, it was no longer a life-or-death situation. The pain was something she could handle. The doctor let her know he could fix it, to which she nodded. The blood loss had made her a little queasy, so it took a while for his words to actually sink in. He told her to lie down and relax, to which she quietly obliged. She had no problems with taking orders. Her head hit the table softly and she started noticing how light-headed she felt. Slightly faint, cold and hot at the same time. "I feel strange," she spoke, more quiet and less certain than the tone she normally used. Her vision grew a little blurry, although it didn't made her worry. He was taking care of her, after all.
Eideard Breckinridge
Eideard Breckinridge

Character sheet

vr jan 19, 2018 2:58 pm

After his patient had lain down, she quietly said that she felt strange. "You have lost a lot of blood, so it makes sense that you feel like that," Eideard answered, during which he calmly grabbed her bleeding arm and held it higher than the rest of her body. "Hold it like this, I’ll go get the things I need," he said, after which he turned to the simple, wooden cupboard behind him. He opened it and took some clean cloth and a jug with equally clean water out of it, after which he immediately turned to his patient again. He held the pieces of cloth within reach and held the jug of water right above the woman’s arm. "I’m going to clean the wound a bit with some water. Don’t be alarmed," he said, after which he carefully tilted the jug to let the water stream over the wound. It washed away the majority of the blood that had gotten onto the rest of the arm and it probably took some dirt with it as well. Eideard put the jug down again and grabbed two pieces of cloth, with one of which he quickly dried the skin around the wound. "Still with me?" he asked his patient while putting away the now wet piece of cloth, just to grab the other one which he started to tightly wrap around the wound to apply the pressure needed to hopefully stop the bleeding.

Note to self

Arawn
Arawn

Character sheet

wo apr 11, 2018 1:15 am

Although she was no stranger to getting hurt, this wound was a little larger than what she had gotten used to by now. It was bleeding quite excessively and the road back had been long and difficult. Even though she’d tried to put pressure on the wound, she still had managed to lose a decent amount of blood. The effects of which she was feeling right now. A cold shiver ran up her spine, even though she was sweating. Nausea and light-headedness were quickly taking over most of her sensations and she could only partially make out the words the doctor was saying. He carefully took her arm, placing it above the rest of her body, said something and turned away. Arawn just nodded, barely registering the things that were currently happening. After some time, he turned back to her, telling her he was going to clean the wound. Arawn nodded again, then clenched her teeth and hissed as he poured the water over her arm. It had hurt more than expected, but she didn’t want to seem weak, so she bit through the pain. Her breathing had fastened in the meantime and she was pretty sure that most of the colour had drained from her face. Still, when he asked her if she was still with him, she locked eyes with him. “Barely,” she admitted, with a hoarse voice. Next, he started wrapping her arm with another cloth. “I can’t lose my arm,” she then decided to notify him, as if that wasn’t something he already knew. Still, she felt it was important to tell him anyway.
Eideard Breckinridge
Eideard Breckinridge

Character sheet

zo jun 24, 2018 10:29 am

It was clear as day that his patient was not feeling well. She was breathing faster than what could be considered normal and her face was as pale as it could get. Because of this it wasn’t a surprise to Eideard that she admitted that she was barely staying conscious, which gave him more of a reason to quickly yet accurately wrap the cloth around the young woman’s wounded arm. As he pressed his hand tightly against her arm to apply the necessary pressure, the woman mentioned that she couldn’t lose her arm. "I wouldn’t jump to conclusions just yet," Eideard answered without loosening his grip. "It’s going to take a while to heal, but there’s a pretty decent chance your arm will make it through just fine. I can’t make any promises though, so you’ll have to keep a good eye on it. For now it’s important to make the bleeding stop... It can take some time," he continued as he kept asserting pressure on the wound. With deep wounds like these it was expected that it could take several minutes to make the bleeding stop.

Note to self

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: