welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

Here with you - Pagina 6 Empty Re: Here with you

za mei 19, 2018 3:03 pm
We're standing face-to-face
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
‘Do you think you could do it?’ The question made Lexa turn her gaze, stare at Saggitarius as she thought of an answer. He added the obvious, though it was hard to imagine. Would she? “I don’t think I would,” she answered, clearly thinking this through as she spoke. “I can not imagine a life after being Commander,” she then added. Because, truly. That was the problem in her mind. If it was not unholy, if it was not believed to be against the will of her Mother… If she had the chance to rise again after her death, what would be left? She would be unfit to rule, handing her rank to the next in line. She would have to watch how all her progress could possibly be torn apart, without the ability to do something about it. She had lived with death lurking over her shoulder for as long as she could remember. What would become of her if she lost that?

But,” she added. “I would consider it. If there was… a purpose left,” she decided to explain, turning her eyes to Mort again. It was clearly hard for her to imagine. She had always just… expected to die before even getting the chance to grow old. She had never thought of anything long-term if it came to herself, because she might not live to see it. The only long term efforts she made, were for her people. The immortality would be the biggest struggle to her. The possible endless life that came with it.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

za mei 19, 2018 4:38 pm

FELT LIKE A SECRET
collecting all your different pieces

”I get that. Your purpose is to die for your goals. I had to be reborn to be out of debt so I could start working towards mine”, He said. Little had he known that he wouldn’t even need eternity to achieve it. He had found his brother in less than two weeks since he had left the villa. It was.. Kind of sad. He still wouldn’t have had a choice though. As long as he had lived, he would be in debt with Edmund. To pay it off he had to pay the ultimate price; his life. A price every blood doll eventually paid. Edmund had done him a huge favour by turning him. If it could be considered a favour, of course. He had cursed him with eternal life, but at least he was free.

“But,” She then said. “I would consider it. If there was… a purpose left,” She continued. It was clear she hadn’t given it much thought. Why would she? When she looked at him, he gave her a warm smile. ”If you would.. Ever find a purpose that is worth it, you know..” He said, but he didn’t say anything else. He didn’t dare to suggest it. He didn’t even know if he could do it. Turn her. It felt wrong in every way. Because it would be the most selfish thing he would ever do.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:19 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 4:53 pm
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
A saddening thought if put like that. Her purpose was to die for her goals. It was the end any warrior would dream of. In battle. Protecting those you loved. But, on the other hand, being Commander meant to not love anyone. She did not protect one single person, but instead an entire community. She knew she could not think about it too much, just had to trust in the plans of her Mother. But if she started doubting the God she had, what did she have left? If she were to turn, what would there be left of her? Had she not lost herself somewhere along the way, to become the Commander?

The words Mort spoke caused the woman to bite her lip shortly. It was nice of him, that he dared to offer. But, she knew it would never come to that. “I can not imagine being without my people,” she said, shaking her head. “I must admit I have had my doubts about my God, about what about Her is true and what not,” she then spoke, her voice… unconfident. “But in a way I feel like I died at the Conclave and my people are the one thing that’s left,” she went on. Her voice got more quiet with each word.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 5:20 pm

FELT LIKE A SECRET

Ever since he had been turned, he had toyed with the same idea. If he would ever find his brother, in time, would he be able to lose him again? Probably not. It would be devastating. Dealing with the loss of someone you loved was as much part of life as dying. But he had eternity. Could he spend an eternity alone, knowing he could have kept his brother with him forever? Could he be selfish enough to turn him, curse him, so he wouldn’t lose him again? Edmund had done the same thing. He had done it with Mort, and with at least three others he had told him about. To sire a fledgling, to at least have someone to spend eternity with.

But Kaspian would say no. He was almost sure of that. He hadn’t asked yet, and he honestly had no idea how to bring up the subject either. Lexa would say the same thing. She had no purpose after death. And she would not do it for him alone. It was something he had thought about as well. Dealing with eternity was only possible if there was a goal. What else was the vampire supposed to do with all that time? If he had been sure Kaspian had died at sea, he would have declined Edmund’s offer as well.

Her voice was so quiet. Without her paint, she looked like the vulnerable woman he had met again. And this time he felt sad for her as well. She had lost and sacrificed so much. The vampire shifted his body, placed his feet on the ground and slowly moved closer to her. Hesitantly he put his arm around her shoulders, resting it lightly against the backrest. He looked down at her and sat in silence for a second. ”You lost yourself along the way, didn’t you?” He said, respectfully. ”I wish your people would realise that as much as I do now”, He continued. ”You live the life they expect from a Commander. It’s not fair.”

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 5:32 pm
with our own human race
There was a point in life where you changed. Where something happened that made you look back on what came before that, slowly wondering what happened to the person you were in those days. She had always fought, always trained. But, before she won the Conclave, life had been about so much more. She found love in her early days, spent every second she could with him. He was the thread of humanity she held onto, the smile that made her world light up. The day he died, so did a part of her. Caring about something, someone, would make you vulnerable to its loss.

‘You lost yourself along the way, didn’t you?’ Mort asked, after he had put his arm around her shoulders. She leaned her body his way a bit, sighing softly as he spoke on. “Weakness,” she answered softly. “They would find me unfit to Command.” She shook her head, smiling a little as she remembered the history of Commanders. “They say the spirit of the last Commander lives on in the next,” she then explained. “I think it’s just the realisation that it is all you have left. Not a spirit that changes host, not a God that guides you. It’s…” She fell quiet, sighing. “It’s protecting what you have left, because once that vanishes too…

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 6:11 pm

FELT LIKE A SECRET

Once more he found himself unable to say something useful. He was terrible in giving advice, especially in matters this serious. If he had thought he had been the only one struggling, now he had seen the light. Her life was a fucking tragedy, and he wished he could do something about it. Make her feel better, even if it was only for a moment. Give her hope, like she had given him earlier. Words she could hold on to. Sadly, that wasn’t how he could support her. So he took refuge in the one thing he knew, hoping it would work. He settled himself next to her, offering her physical support. She softly leaned into his embrace, letting go of her breath in a soft sigh.

The young vampire listened to her words, another small history lesson about the Commanders and how they believed their spirit transferred to the next in line. Out of her own experience, she had made another conclusion. ”Is it really though? I didn’t meet the Commander before meeting Lexa. There is someone behind the mask. You’re more than just your people and the urge to protect them”, He objected. ”Yes, you try to take your decisions in a way that you know it will profit them, but you don’t always do that. You wouldn’t sit here with me if you did”, He continued. Was he a bad influence? Probably. Regrets? None.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 7:36 pm
with our own human race
His objection caused a sigh and she shook her head slowly. He said that he had met her before he met the Commander, but that was untrue. “Do you think I would have helped you out if it was not for that?” she sighed. “I am not that good a person, Mort. I felt like it was my duty to protect whomever could get hurt,” she went on. Did she truly feel that way, though? She bit her lip shortly.

But sitting here is…” Why was she so keen on telling him that she did not do this out of the good of her heart? Was she that scared of being a disappointment? “It’s like everything is telling me not to, yet…” She turned around a bit, allowing herself to look at him. She bit her lip, stared at him for a short while. “I don’t know what it is about you…” she whispered. She sighed shortly. She had no clue what she was getting at.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 8:18 pm

FELT LIKE A SECRET

This conversation turned into a discussion fairly quick. They were a mess, weren’t they? Trying to convince each other of their true identity, while the other denied and tried real hard to only emphasize on the negative. She explained she had only helped him because it had felt like it was her duty. Not because she cared about him. ”So are you trying to say that if we had met on, say, a deserted island, you wouldn’t have helped me?” He asked, calmly. He would take no offence if her answer was affirmative. He would find it hard to believe, though. But he always saw the good in people. ”Those people were beyond your duty though. They were as random to you as they would have been to me. We both chose to protect them. If I’m a good person because of that, then so are you”, He continued. Logic. Check mate.

Patiently he waited for her to figure out what she was trying to say, but there was not really a conclusion. She was confused, obviously. Because he confronted her with the side that wasn’t the Commander. And she was clearly uncomfortable being that person. ”With me you can’t pretend”, He said, lowering the volume of his voice as well. ”And part of you likes that”, He continued. ”Maybe because I accept it all”, He then suggested. It was all a big guess. But he tried to help her look for answers, by giving her another perspective.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 8:35 pm
with our own human race
Would she have helped him? Lexa sighed. “I’m sorry,” she said, almost in a whisper. “You are right.” Why would she keep denying it? Was it truly so that she had been turned into a different person? And why was that so surprising? She had not thought back for years now. To the days where not every decision of hers were followed by ‘but my people’. Where she could decide to let someone in because she wanted to. Where there wasn’t this voice telling her that she was doing wrong. The more she thought about it, the more depressing it got.

The fact that Mort hit the nail on its head, didn’t help. She bit her lip once more, trying not to tear up. “You’re right,” she repeated softly. She leaned back towards him, softly resting her head on his shoulder. “It’s terrifying,” she admitted, her voice still soft. He’d be able to understand her anyhow. “Being just a Commander is… Safe.” In the way that she could not lose anything again. Once was more than enough. Had been proof that her Mother wanted her to only focus on her duties, right?

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 9:31 pm

FELT LIKE A SECRET

Emotions made it hard to think logically. He had to be her voice of reason, and vice versa. He could offer her perspectives she wouldn’t come up with herself. He recognised himself in her, his way of thinking. Once he got stuck in the same pattern, it was really hard to break out of it again. Sometimes he could say smart things. It didn’t happen too often, but it appeared to hit home this time. This time she eased in to him, seeking comfort in his presence. He pulled her in a bit closer, while he gently rubbed her arm.

”I know, it’s your comfort zone. Everyone has that”, He hushed her. ”And of course it’s scary. Just know that I won’t judge you. If you decide to be the Commander and nothing more, I will accept that”, He continued. She would have to think about it. If she wanted to, that was. ”You don’t have to decide right now. Just let me know when you do. If I have to I will leave so you can focus on being what you want to be”, He said. It would hurt, for sure. At least for him. But they couldn’t go on like this. It would tear them both apart in the end.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 9:53 pm
with our own human race
Lexa had started to carefully play with the bandage around her hand, even if it was just to keep her hands busy while she listened to his words. She did not like them. Which was probably the first time she didn’t like the words coming out of his mouth. Because she knew it would be the wisest decision. She had a rank to keep and he had a life to lead. She lived as selfless a life as she possibly could. Yet this time…

I don’t,” she whispered. She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath in as she thought about his words for a bit. She put her hands on her lap and let it out in a sigh, before she opened her eyes again and looked up at him. “I’d much rather ask you to stay.” A selfish request. She had no clue what his plans were, where had to be soon. If he still felt like putting up with this, even though he had almost given in to his instincts today.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 10:33 pm

FELT LIKE A SECRET

Two simple words sealed their fate. It was barely a whisper, but he picked it up with ease. She didn’t sound too confident, as if she had say it more on impulse instead of thinking it through. It felt more genuine though, and he couldn’t help but feel relieved. She sighed, but he kept quiet, giving her the time she needed to think it through. When she looked up, he met her gaze with soft blue eyes. The monster was far away, almost tamed by her presence. They both had a huge influence on each other, maybe without realising to which extent.

“I’d much rather ask you to stay.”

A shiver went down his spine, while he couldn’t help but smile even more. ”With pleasure”, He hummed. To prove his point, he pulled himself away from her a little after which he laid down in the corner of the couch. After that, he pulled the her on top of him. His eye caught the white bandage around her hand, followed by the small puncture wound on her wrist. He gently pressed his fingers against them. ”This will.. Be a problem again though”, He sighed softly. He couldn’t run back and forth to Rhoynar, right?

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 10:53 pm
with our own human race
Lexa had looked up at him, wanting to see his face as she made her selfish request. She expected to see a frown while he would think it through, or an explanation as to why that was not the best idea. Instead, she was met by a smile, as genuine as it could be. It caused her to smile as well. ‘With pleasure,’ he told her, after which he pulled himself away. When he laid down and pulled her with him, however, she gave in without a second thought. Her heartbeat rose a bit. Something she was slowly getting way too aware of as the vampire could actually notice.

When his fingers were put on the puncture wounds, a small shiver moved across her spine. She looked at it as he spoke. She was aware. How could she forget? It was how they had met, after all. “It’s not a problem,” she said, her voice as soft as before. “I trust you,” she spoke. She bit her lip softly, feeling her heartbeat rise again as she moved her gaze from her hand to his eyes again. His gentle blue eyes, which looked so different from the way they had looked earlier today.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 11:30 pm

FELT LIKE A SECRET

Her answer was the entire opposite of what he had expected. He had prepared for the Commander to send him away. It would have been the best decision for the both of them. The only logical one. The option a Commander would pick, because she put her people first. With the answer she gave, she proved his point. With him, she was not the Commander. She was Lexa. And Lexa would chose to stay with him. There couldn’t have been anything she could have said that would make him more happy.

It seemed like it would be a multiple day stay though, which would cause an issue tomorrow. The bitemark on her arm reminded him of that. According to her, it wouldn’t be a problem. The young vampire hummed again. ”You’re too good to me”, He said softly. ”If I can repay you with anything, please let me know”, He continued. It felt bad to just keep taking it like that.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op zo mei 20, 2018 12:04 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 11:55 pm
with our own human race
His words caused her to frown. She shook her head lightly. No, it did not work like that. Her gestures to him did not require anything in return. He could feel bad for it all he wanted, but she would offer him help whenever he needed it. Even if it meant offering him her blood. All she wanted in return was simple. “As long as you’re here, it’s free,” she told him. For a second she bit her lip, thinking. Nothing was ever free in life, was it?

Or, well, almost free,” she corrected herself, a slight tone of amusement in her voice. A playful smile appeared on her face, as she bent towards him for a slight moment, pressing a gentle kiss on his cheek. She wasn’t scared of letting him feed. Quite the opposite. It had not hurt and even though she felt a bit weird for a while after, he… She was sure he would take good care of her. If it meant he could stay around for longer, then she saw no reason not to.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: