welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Zuzana Bryant
Aantal berichten : 149
IC posts : 100

Character sheet
Residence : The streets of Rhoynar

Blessings? [Mort] Empty Blessings? [Mort]

vr jun 22, 2018 6:33 pm
Blessings? [Mort] Image

Zuzana Bryant

It was the day after the party, which was a celebration for the new Duke and Duchess of Rhoynar as well as the wedding. It was a little over a day since she hadf ound Kaz again with the help of Allison. The dark looking man, newborn vampire had been happy to see her, even though they had parted ways a while ago. Zanna had managed to survive on the streets for the time being, though she was too young to remain out of danger alone. She streets were harsh on anybody, especially the streets of Rhoynar. With the pirates walking around the streets, searching for business. Pickpocketing was the only way she had survived so long and without the help and protection of Kaz, her guardian... she had ben exhausted. The eight year old had gone to bed early that evenng to get some much needed sleep. Though she had slept fairly well for once, she still felt uncomfortable with so many strangers around.

A few days ago she couldn't imagine to be living with the Duke and Duchess and to see Kaz, living and well. Though she didn't know that Kaz had changed into a vampire. Allison had learned her a thing or two about magic. So if magic was real, even though her parents had never really shown that it was real, what else was? Vampires and werewolves, were those creatures from nightmares also real? Did she live in a world that was that dangerous...? Zanna walked across the hallways, the long pathways in the castle that she had just seen for the first time yesterday. Her brown eyes were calm and intelligent, she was known to be very inquisitive. A dark haired man catched her eye, one that looked a lot like Kaz. Her footsteps altered to a faster pace. "Kaz?" She called, though the posture seemed off. When she stepped closer she noticed it was another man, not Kaz. Who was he?

Innocence is like polished armor;
it adorns and defends

Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

Blessings? [Mort] Empty Re: Blessings? [Mort]

vr jun 22, 2018 7:36 pm

AFTER EVERYTHING I WITNESSED
after all of these decisions

What a strange night it had been. He had left his brother and Allison alone for just a week and suddenly they were married and were the new Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Rhoynar. It was still quite unclear how they had managed to pull that off, but he was promised a more thorough explanation in the days to come. For the time being, he was allowed to stay in the castle. Or go back to the house, if he wanted to. He was curious about the castle though. It was gigantic, and there was much to explore here. Being a vampire and all, he had enough time to wander around for a while, since he didn’t need any sleep. So that was exactly what he was doing right now.

A faint heartbeat had made him stop in his tracks. The sound was getting louder and his senses picked up footsteps soon after. They weren’t particularly heavy though, so he wasn’t surprised when a child turned around the corner. He had seen her at the party shortly last night, but he hadn’t had the chance to figure out who she belonged to. When the girl noticed him, she started walking faster. ”Kaz?" She said, but soon realised he was in fact not the Grand Duke. The way she had said his brother’s name though, made him conclude she must have a friendly bond with him. ”You confuse me with my brother”, He said with a warm smile. ”I’m Mort”, He introduced himself. He was still wondering who she was exactly, but he had a feeling that he would find out soon.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:08 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Zuzana Bryant

Character sheet

vr jun 22, 2018 8:36 pm
Blessings? [Mort] Image

Zuzana Bryant

The dark looking man didn't seem overly surprised to see the young child. Even though she was young, she was very perceptive. He seemed to slow down his movements just a tiny bit to allow the young child to catch up and look at him. Something was different to him from Kaz, maybe it was his build though they looked alike. Family from Kaz maybe? Her eyes lingered on him for just a little over ten seconds before warily moving towards the near vicinity. The girl had learned to remain very watchfull to every little movement, smell, and sound. For those small things told her a lot. Her hearing however was a lot weaker then that of a vampire, though she of course did not know that the man in front of her was one. She would not recognize him for what he was. Simply because she hadn't got enough knowledge on those creatures. Shs realised that he wasn't the Grand Duke though only the way she looked at him told so. Her voice was suddenly lost and Zanna turned into the shy child she naturally was. "You confuse me with my brother", The dark haired man said, with a warm smile. Her intelligent eyes lifted to meet his after which she frowned a little. She hadn't known that Kaz had a brother. She had never heard him talk about one, though she could not ignore the fact that they looked alike. Very much so. "I'm Mort", The man, no vampire; introduced himself. He seemed to be an easy going person. Though he probably wondered who she was and what she was doing around here. She managed to give him a tiny smile before looking around the silent hallway. Her small heart thudding a little faster then normal, with her nerves. For the stranger was making her nervous and a little insecure. "I am Zanna", She whispered with her voice high and soft like chimebells. Though the child didn't mention what kind of bond she had with the Grand Duke and why she was looking for him. What could a child like her bring someone like him, like Kaz. Zanna was only eight years old and as such was innocent. Zanna looked at him before she swallowed uneasily. "I didn't know Kaz had a brother," She spoke, her voice was calm and soft though also a little strained. Zanna was still tired but just couldn't sleep.

it adorns and defends

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jun 22, 2018 10:10 pm

It wasn’t the first time and it would certainly not be the last time either someone confused him with Kaz. They sure looked alike, even though they had a two year age difference. There also wasn’t much light here in the hallway, which only added to the confusion. It didn’t really surprise him that the child thought he was his brother. He quickly corrected her, as she had figured out she had made a mistake soon after. A warm smile graced his lips as he introduced himself, revealing his blood ties to the Grand Duke. She immediately appeared to be less outgoing, which was only normal. He wasn’t the person she had been looking for, or therefore the person she trusted.

"I am Zanna", The child introduced herself after, quietly, but with his supernatural senses he could pick it up without any effort. She was nervous, he could tell. Not only by the tone of her voice, but also by the rhythm of her heartbeat. "I didn't know Kaz had a brother," She said softly, and he nodded. ”I didn’t exactly grow up with him, that’s probably why”, He said, being vague about the details. ”So, why were you looking for Kaz?” He then asked, wondering if he could maybe be of help here or not. Even if it was just helping her find his brother, he would happily take some time to assist her. It wasn’t like he had other things to do anyway.

Zuzana Bryant

Character sheet

vr jun 22, 2018 10:42 pm
Blessings? [Mort] Image

Zuzana Bryant

It probably wasn't the first and wouldn't be the last time that someone confused Kaz with Mort or the other way around. The brothers looked so mucb alike, especially in the dark that it was uncanny. It meant that even Zanna, one that knew Kaz quite well, had not noticed her mistake until she looked closer. He seemed nice, but as every child from the streets Zanna knew that a nice look dodm't mean anything other then just that. People that looked nice could be mean and people that looked mean and dangerous could be nice. Never go on looks only. Zanna was immediately cautious, for Mort was not the person she had been looking for or the person she knew.

Though she saw no problems with intorducing herself. After all Mort had done the same. She was still a child with manners. Zanna decided to ask him some question about himself and Kaz, for it was a tid bit strange that she hadn't known about his brother. He didn't seem to have any trouble answering her question. "I didn't exactly grow up with him, that's probably why", He explained after he had nodded. Zanna couldn't imagine not growing up with family if they had been alive and well. Mort kept his answers vague so she had a feeling that he was hiding things, and secrets were dangerous; mostly. "So, why were you looking for Kaz?" He asked, probably wondering if he could help the eight year old. Most grown ups had trouble leaving her to fend for herself. Something that could be useful, especially since the streets were that dangerous. "He has been my caregiver for a while," She told him, calmly with a soft frown. Mort didn't need to know more then that, it was enough information for him to fill in the bits and pieces he needed to.

it adorns and defends

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jun 22, 2018 11:31 pm

It wasn’t hard to notice she wasn’t feeling entirely comfortable around him. Which was normal, as he was a stranger to her. She probably didn’t even know he was not human, because he would expect her to run away immediately if she did. Vampires didn’t have the greatest reputation here in Fallen Skies. Not in any place, for that matter. Edmund had always told him not to expose himself too soon, as there were people trying to hunt down his kind as well. Which was a terrible though. Even Lexa, the woman he had fallen in love with, had her own past and thoughts about the monsters hunting people for their blood during the night. But Mort wasn’t like that, and he would never be like that. It was his personal goal to not let the monster win.

Even when it was urging him to attack the child. Mort had recently fed, but the bloodthirst was always present. He managed to keep it under control perfectly though. She was in no danger at all while being alone with him. Which was a rare occurrence for vampires. He knew there were others out there giving in to the monster often enough to even harm innocent kids in the process. He wasn’t one of them. No, he wanted to get to know her, and try to figure out what her relationship to his brother was exactly. Caregiver. A word he wouldn’t associate with Kaz, considering his past and the things he had heard. ”I’m glad to hear he has been good to you”, He replied. Caregiver. Perhaps she needed something from him now. ”I think he might still be asleep though. Is there anything I can help you with at the moment?” He then asked, wondering if he could be of any help today, so she wouldn’t have to bother Kaz.

Zuzana Bryant

Character sheet

za jun 23, 2018 2:40 pm
Blessings? [Mort] Image

Zuzana Bryant

While she didn't get too bad a vibe from the man, it didn't mean that she trusted him. A girl like her, didn't grow up hearing and believing fairytales. Instead she knew that the world was a big, bad place full of big, bad people that she had to dodge. Though a lot of things in fairytales were true here, like werewolves and vampires. Though she had never really spoken with one, nor did she wanted to. Dangers were something that she tried to steer clear from. Even though with Kaz as caregiver she had seen her fair share of troubles. Like pickpocketing when a king saw that happen. It was not her smartest move ever, if she said so herself. No eight year old could survive without any help, and Kaz was the first to give her some, after her father had passed away. Had been killed in a bar fight.

If the girl had known about the fact that Kaz and Mort were both vampires, she probably would have demanded some answers. Some assurance that she would be safe from any harm. She was afraid of the sight of blood, after treating her fater a few times for wounds he had gotten in one of the many fights he had fought in. Zanna knew that he had threatened the woman taking care of her before he died more often then not. Which was maybe why she tried to get Zanna settled into an orphanage. To not be reminded of her father. "I'm glad to hear he has been good to you", The Kaz look a like replied. "I think he might still be asleep though. Is there anything I can help you with at the moment?" He asked, after which Zanna nodded. She was hungry and bored, while she didn't know where they got their food from here. She could eat something... in the very least a piece of bread or something. "I am bored, and hungry," The girl mentioned.

it adorns and defends

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za jun 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Meeting Zanna was important for him. After all, the reputation his brother had, wasn’t quite the most friendly one. This child proved that the man still had a heart and he was able to use it. Spending twenty years apart had changed the both of them, and he had much to learn about him. Though he would never judge him. The circumstances had forced him to act that way. No matter what decisions he had made, he would still love him. The urge to protect him was still very present too. He had a feeling it would never change either. Even though Kaz could clearly take care of himself now. He was practically invulnerable and immortal, owned a castle and was the new Grand Duke of Rhoynar. He was quite sure he didn’t need his help anymore, yet he would stay around just in case.

Because now he could help the child that considered him her caregiver. "I am bored, and hungry," She admitted, and a smile appeared around his lips. The kitchen wouldn’t be that hard to find, would it? With his supernatural senses he could track the scents of the food easily. ”Let’s go find the kitchen then, I bet they can miss some snacks for you there”, He suggested, after which he started walking towards the stairs. The dining room was downstairs, so he assumed the kitchen would be would be on the ground floor too.

Zuzana Bryant

Character sheet

za jun 23, 2018 5:35 pm
Blessings? [Mort] Image

Zuzana Bryant

Meeting the brother of her caregiver, of Kaz was something new. While she had noticed him at the party they had thrown, it was strange to know that the dark haired man still had family around, whom he had not spoken about. Though, Zanna had to admit that she did not speak about Kaz that often. She had somewhere known that he might have been in trouble and didn't want to mess things up even more for him. Zanna did not fear anyone that was a friend of Kaz and Allison, both adults were to be trusted and that meant that the small girl was a bit more trusting towards Mort. Besides that she felt safer knowing that Kaz was nearby and would protect her if needed. As any growing child, the brown haired innocent looking child was in need of something to eat. Be it some toast or just some fruit like apples. A smile appeared on the lips of the young men, making him appear softer, nicer. "Let's go find the kitchen then, I bet they can miss some snacks for you there", Mort replied, though Zanna knew it could be hard to find something like that in a Castle like this. The hallways only were bigger then the homes she had known. Her bedroom was not the largest room in the Keep but still humongous. As soon as he suggested to find the kitchen, and food; the man moved towards the stairs and Zanna had to run to catch up with him. Which made her more playful side appear.

Her eyes were sparkling while she touched his leg and calmly stated. "You're it," Which meant that she had started a game of tag. Her short legs were fast, something she had learned during her time on the streets was evading people. She was smaller and because of that faster. She could easily move around things that had the adults slow down. Besides that Zanna needed to use some of her restless energy in order to sit calmly at the table for breakfast. As every eight year old, even those that were used to the hardships of life, she loved games and right now that game was tag. The girl moved down the stairs fluently, while keeping an eye out for the adult and trying to make it harder for him to follow her. Though the hallways were to big to use anything to her advance. It was a good training for her when she wished or needed to pick pockets again.

it adorns and defends

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za jun 23, 2018 8:04 pm

Fixing her problems was as easy as finding her a snack. Which appeared to be the only typical child-like behaviour she displayed. Mort had a feeling when he looked at her, when she gave him that particular look. With the wisdom you’d only expect to find in adults. It felt as if she had a much older soul than her physical appearance would give away. It kind of fascinated him and weirded him out at the same time. As if his every word and movement would be judged, as she was putting together the image of his true self. For now, she deemed him worthy of her trust, as she agreed on going with him to the kitchen. A simple task, yet he took it very seriously. He wouldn’t disappoint her, nor Kaz. She was safe with him and he would make sure she was comfortable.

Even if that meant playing tag with her. She kind of took him by surprise, touching his leg and running away afterwards. For a second, he froze, as he watched her run through the hallway. Then, a playful smile appeared around his lips. This was.. Fun. Human. Children played tag. For now, he felt like a kid again too, forgetting about all the worries he had as he chased after her. She was fast, he would give her that. The vampire tried not to cheat either, running at human speed. Perhaps a bit slower, even. He would gladly give her the opportunity to win this game. Suddenly, he noticed how she turned the wrong way though. So he stopped on the place where the two hallways turned in different directions. ”Kitchen is that way”, He let her know, as he was still blocking her path. Would she be able to dodge him and get away form him again, or would this be the moment where he could outsmart her and tag her?

Zuzana Bryant

Character sheet

za jun 23, 2018 10:34 pm
Blessings? [Mort] Image

Zuzana Bryant

Zanna probably creeped out many adults with her intelligent, penetrating eyes. Almost as if the girl would notice every little mistake, every small thing that was unusual. It was a bit of her instinct coming into play. A knowing that was never turned off, she could tune into people, read them. Though Zanna didn't know about her excisting magic, the magic did allow her to do so more often then not, automatically. The child did show some typical child-like behaviour, in the need of food and in her playful antics. For now she deemed the older man worthy of her trust, which was a huge commitment for the small girl. Kaz was one of the only ones, that had gotten it quite easily. It seemed though that here in the Keep she was safe. People wouldm't dare to harm her, right? Not under the noses of Kaz and Allison. Both of whom reigned the country. Especially not in their home.

It seemed like a perfect time and occasion to play a game of tag. It was an innocent and fun game; one she hadn't played in too long. It had been all about surviving on the streets, in dark corners, with the drunk and criminal. Zanna had to fight for food daily, had to steal money from those that didn't watch their coins enough and had to remain low, hiding for most dangers. Unless she decided to help someone that had put themselves in danger by trying to steal something they shouldn't, like Romeo. A man she had safed from a knife in his back. Zanna had touched his leg, telling him he was 'it', he had to try and catch her. She ran down the stairs, quite easily and into the hallway, which was long and mostly straight. The man followed her, tried to keep up with the fast child. Her soft giggles and laughs moved along the hallways while she moved past them. She took a few turns before she heard Kaz's brother speak. "Kitchen is that way," She had taken a wrong turn and now had to move passed the man, who was blocking her. She had to play this smart, get him distracted if she could. Or use a path that was less likely to be used by an heavier adult. Her soft playful smile didn't leave her face while her twinkling eyes moved to look at his softer eyes. "Not fair," She joked while pulling her lip out, in a soft pout. Maybe she could dodge him and get away from him before he could tag her. Zanna took a step and managed to move out of his way and zigzag across the hall though she was getting tired fast. He probably could outrun her unless he was holding back. The girl was not stupid, on broad paths like this without any other people walking around; grown ups should be able to outrun her easily. Catch her without trouble. Though she liked the way he allowed her to have a fair chance. He was a fun playmate, she hadn't really expected it from him, to be fair.

it adorns and defends

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

zo jun 24, 2018 4:56 pm

This moment of playing was enjoyable for him too. After all the seriousness of the past few weeks, he hadn’t really found the time to truly relax. It made him realise how he kind of had neglected himself. Even in Vanaheim, when he was with Lexa, he hadn’t been able to fully let go. The battle she had fought, how it had left her unable to help him with his vampiric problem, it had made him struggle with the monster hiding beneath. Especially in the last days. Kaz’ letter hadn’t come one day too soon, to be honest. It had given him a reason to leave. Otherwise he would have stayed, making it much harder on himself than he was supposed to. This though, this was a purely innocent game of tag. No complications, no need to be deceptive about anything. Just him and Zanna racing through the hallways as if it was the most normal thing to do today.

When she accidentally took a wrong turn, he was able to block her path this time. Kind of assuming he would be smart and fast enough to tag her. But he didn’t. Surprised he turned around, watching the brunette sprint away again. Dammit. The vampire laughed amused and started chasing after her again. This time, the hallway was much smaller, and she was slowing down as well. So eventually, he caught up. ”Tag”, He exclaimed as he softly touched her shoulder. They were much closer to the kitchen now though, so he decided to stop the game there. ”I hope you’re still hungry”, He said with a soft smile, pointing at the second door to the right that had a little plate on it that read ‘kitchen’.

Zuzana Bryant

Character sheet

zo jun 24, 2018 7:37 pm
Blessings? [Mort] Image

Zuzana Bryant

Kaz had never played with her, they simply didn't have the time to do so. Instead she had to pickpocket money and other stuff from people, passerby's that might be innocent. It was a fun game that made the young girl loosen up a litle and relax. It seemed that it worked both ways, Mort also seemed to enjoy the little time with the girl. She might be a child but she was known to see through people. The way she naturally handled Kaz and used her instincts to have fun with Mort; was the way she expressed it. When she by accident took a wrong turn he was able to block her path for a bit, though she managed to evade him and get away from him quite easily. The man laughed, apparantly amused by it. He had blocked her path, but not good enough. When the hallways got smaller though, he had it much easier catching up with the small brunette. "Tag", The dark haired man exclaimed while softly touching her back. Zanna didn't know that they were already near the kitchen. Until Mort told her so, "I hope you're still hungry," He said while pointing towards one of the nearby doors, which had a name plate with 'kitchen' written upon it. The child couldn't read, but understood his gesture and smiled thankfully. Zanna stil was hungry enough and it was a fun and great ending from the game they had played. The girl reached out with one hand towards him and took his hand, for she was quite shy amongst strangers. The eight year old needed to be reassured.

it adorns and defends

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

ma jun 25, 2018 12:56 am

So far he had fixed the boredom, hopefully. Even though it had been her idea. At least it had been entertaining, for him as well. Because for a moment he could let go of his worries and just enjoy the moment. A rare occurrence. Ever since he had left Edmund’s mansion, life had been stressful. He had to deal with situations he had never thought he would ever have to deal with, let alone he had enough experience to make the right decisions. Entertaining her was easy though. And in a way it made him happy as well.

Now he had taken care of her first issue, it was time to fix the second as well. They had arrived at the kitchen, which he pointed out soon after. Zanna smiled when she noticed, and he was about to walk inside when he could suddenly feel her warm hand in his. Oh no. The vampire hoped she would be too distracted to notice the cold touch, or she would be too occupied to mention it. He quickly went on with what he was doing, guiding her inside. When he saw an older lady looking at them, he smiled at her, to draw her attention.

”Can I help you?” She asked, friendly but professionally. No time for chit-chat, that was clear. She probably had a lot of work to do. ”Yes, is it possible to get a snack or even a small meal for my friend right here?” He asked politely, looking down at the child for just a second. The lady followed his gaze, and quickly nodded. ”Take a seat, I will prepare her something”, She said. She had probably recognised her, and knew she fell under the responsibility of the rulers here. He softly squeezed Zanna’s hand and then pulled her with him to the table that had been mentioned earlier. Now they would only have to wait for the cook to deliver the food, and they would be all set.

Zuzana Bryant

Character sheet

wo jun 27, 2018 8:14 pm
Blessings? [Mort] Image

Zuzana Bryant

Mort had fixed her boredom and was busy fixing her a small breakfast as well. Something that the young girl needed, especially since getting off the streets a few days ago. The warmth and the difficult circumstances, made for a tired and exhausted child. After a good night's rest as well as a few good meals, the girl felt stronger then before, which made for an energetic youngster. Having taken care of the first problem, which was her active mind and body; Mort now could solve the second problem. Getting her something to eat from the kitchen. They had arrived at the kitchen but Zanna had been to shy to get in there, into a new place without someone she trusted. Though Mort still wasn't trusted enough to walk outside the property with, she trusted him way more then the cook. Even when the woman appeared to be very nice and friendly. His cold hands made her frown, it was starnge. No heath, no body warmth. Was he ill? when the older lady looked at them, the girl got distracted enough not to ask any questions about it. "Can I Help you?" The woman asked friendly but also very professional in a way. Not cold, but still the girl couldn't help but notice it. no time for chit-chat or a conversation. Only time to work. "Yes, is it possible to get a snack or even a small meal for my friend right here?" Mort asked in a pleasant voice. When Mort med her eyes for a moment, the girl looked at him with a small frown, noticing the coldness of his touch, he did appear normal other then that though. It was quite a mystery. One the child wanted to solve. "Take a seat. I will prepare her something", The woman told, before turning around to get some food prepared. Mort squeezed her hand softly, gently making her relax a tid bit more before he took her towards the table to sit at and wait.

Zanna had some questions but she didn't want to ask them. She was very perceptive, especially if something was strange. Like it was to have a brother of Kaz across her, seated and calm. Almost a look a like, and she knew that Kaz his body temperature had been colder then normalas well, something had happened when she had been on the streets alone, without Kaz's help. But what, remained the question. Something she felt she wouldn't and shouldn't ask when the cook was still nearby. Maybe Mort would answer some of the questions she had, but she didn't know for sure. It might have been secret. Did Alli know? The girl looked at the dark haired man before speaking. "Mort?"

it adorns and defends

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: