welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Etain
Etain
Aantal berichten : 15
IC posts : 10

Character sheet
Residence : Nearby Skorravir

Watch me steady [open] Empty Watch me steady [open]

do sep 28, 2017 2:02 pm

"etain, like the wolf, has learned to hunt from birth. it's part sense, part instinct. she can read the terrain, search for signs of passing, run her quarry to the ground and close in for the kill."

A dark smear of charcoal around her eyes was enough to cover up the dark circles that were already there. She figured, if she didn't look tired, maybe she didn't feel tired either. She yawned, rubbed her eyes, causing the makeup there to look even messier than it already did. Exhaustion wasn't going to stop her, not today. Not while she had the temptation of her mundane life waiting for her outside. With a sigh, she grabbed her spear, sharpening it before she left.

Today was a day like any other. She was going to check the traps she set a few nights before for prey. And maybe reset them. The days were growing colder and the people of Skorravir were in need of meat and pelts, and she was just the one to give it to them. Supply and demand and all. Branches broke and leaves rustled as she made her way through the forest she knew so well. For some reason, she was hoping to run into someone. Or something. It would make her life all the more exciting, which was something she'd been craving as of late. Now, with everyone disappearing from her life, human contact was something she yearned for, although she would never really admit it.

It didn't take long for her to notice the signs: someone had been here. Human footprints covered the leaves and the dirt and Etain tightened the grip on her spear. Her eyes skimmed the environment, looking for any other clue that might give away the person near her. Honestly, she hoped it wasn't a threat. She wasn't feeling like fighting today.

Laatst aangepast door Etain op vr sep 29, 2017 2:09 pm; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Donovar Slynt
Aantal berichten : 100
IC posts : 18

Character sheet
Residence : Falkreath

Watch me steady [open] Empty Re: Watch me steady [open]

vr sep 29, 2017 12:09 am
Donovar was often found in the forest. There was not much for him in the cities and he was unemployed. At home, he had no one to take care for, only himself. That was why he was in the forest, to hunt. That day he hadn’t planned on hunting, but it ended in some kind of hunt. In someone else’s trap, he’d found a rabbit. Finder’s keeper. He’d killed the animal with the dagger that he hid against his back. There was no way he was letting that rabbit go.

If there was one thing he liked about his disease it was his heightened senses. Because of them, he was had heard his guest before she knew he was there. With his back against a tree, he looked at the other. When he tried to move closer, he fucked up. She also noticed him. He took a few steps forward and moved from behind the three, making himself visible for the unknown woman. His time of observing has ended. There was no point in stay hidden and he was not one to turn his back to another.

When he looked at the other there was one thing that caught his attention. “You really think that’s necessary?” the young man asked. One of the corners of his mouth had turned up. His eyes were directed at the spear she was holding before he looked up again. He was not looking for whatever trouble she could bring upon him. Leaves and twigs were breaking under his feet when he carefully moved closer towards the other person. “I’m unarmed,” he said in an attempt to gain her trust. Not that he was telling the truth. There was, in fact, a dagger hidden behind his back, covered by his shirt. It was only in case of emergency and if luck was on his side it could stay hidden.
For the rabbit in his hand… he had totally forgotten about it. The only thing that reminded him of it was the smell of blood, but he’d grown used to it so even that went unnoticed by him.  
"The moon is my sun the night is my day
Blood is my life and you are my prey"
Etain
Etain

Character sheet

vr sep 29, 2017 12:16 pm

"etain, like the wolf, has learned to hunt from birth. it's part sense, part instinct. she can read the terrain, search for signs of passing, run her quarry to the ground and close in for the kill."

Without making a sound, she gazed across the tree-covered horizon, looking for the slightest sign of movement. Her attention was turned towards the smallest sound and she turned over on her heel, ready to haul her spear at whatever was creeping up behind herd. A younger man appeared from behind one of the trees, rocking the most boyish grin she ever saw. She frowned, placing the spear right next to her again without ever loosening her grip on the pole of the weapon. The silence between them was broken when he asked if 'it' was necessary, it obviously reffering to her weapon. Etain managed to relax a bit. "It's necessary until I decide otherwise," she told him in a bit of a light-hearted tone. It was such a great thing to feel in control for once.

He started moving closer towards her, and since she wasn't entirely sure of what exactly his intentions were, she raised up her spear again, pointing the head towards him. "You stay right there," she commanded, tilting her head to the front a little bit to indicate the location she meant: further away from her. He argued that he was unarmed, which she found hard to believe. Any man from the north that possessed any common sense wouldn't go out into the forest without some kind of weaponry. Unless they were dangerous enough without any. "I find that hard to believe," she spoke sarcastically. She looked at him from head to toe for a second, noticed the rabbit he was holding. She frowned, remembering one of her traps had been set off and then opened by someone else. "Where did you get that?" She nodded at the dead animal he was holding. She didn't mind him creeping up on her, but if he was planning to steal her very livelihood, he had a big storm coming.

Donovar Slynt

Character sheet

vr sep 29, 2017 1:49 pm
Donovar didn’t like weapons when they were in someone else's hands. He always felt like it was meant for him one day. They made him feel uneasy and he was happy when she place the pole on the ground. “Let’s hope that it do not need to use it then,” he said with a small smile to lighten up the mood.

The smile on his face dropped when she almost forced him to stay away from her. “Alright, okay,” he said while holding his hands up in the air and taking a few steps back. “I like this place better anyway,” he shrugged. It was better for him to keep his distance. Donovar was not looking for trouble so the best thing he could do was listen. The hard part was that she didn’t trust him. She did not believe he was unarmed and the young man let out a deep breath. “Believe what you want if that makes you happy, I’m not wasting my breath on arguing about facts.” Only then he remembered the rabbit in his hand because she was looking at it.

It was foolish of him to keep the rabbit with him when confronting a stranger that was checking her traps. Of course, the rabbit was hers, it was not hard to put two and two together. Now it was upon him to save himself out of that situation. “Got it from this forest, where else are you supposed to find rabbits this size?” He held the rabbit in front of him but his ice blue eyes stayed on the stranger. “Thank the gods for this wonderful meal.” The gods were not on his side, that much he knew. When he was but a boy he’d worshipped them until they betrayed him. In the eyes of the gods, he’d done something wrong and was no longer under their protection anymore.
Etain
Etain

Character sheet

vr sep 29, 2017 2:08 pm

It wouldn’t be the first time she’d bury the head of her spear in the middle of someone’s chest, and by Odin, she hoped it wouldn’t be the last time either. She loved the thrill of the fight, the adrenaline rushing through her veins for the mere minutes it took to rob a man of his life. It had been something she hadn’t done in a while and she could feel a certain yearning for it. Now, she wasn’t some demented serial killer. She valued other people’s lives, although not nearly as she valued her own. She wasn’t someone who would kill without a cause, and up until now, this stranger hadn’t given her a reason to attack just yet. One side of her mouth curled upwards when he said he hoped she wouldn’t need to use her weapon. She wondered why he kept smiling, he wasn’t exactly in any position to be happy about anything. Unless he wasn’t alone.

Her expression darkened when he started coming closer, but she dared to let go of the breath she was holding when he held up his arms and backed off again. Every now and then she let her gaze drift past him, into the woods, to see if there hadn’t been anybody else with him. She was sure he wouldn’t tell her if she asked him, so she might as well keep an eye out. The last thing she was in the mood for, was an ambush. “You have quite the mouth on you, especially for someone in your situation,” she remarked. She kind of liked it, actually. It made threatening people all the more interesting. It was incredibly embarrassing for both parties involved if your target just started crying and begging for their life. Some even pissed themselves.

The younger man told her he got it from the forest, as if that hadn’t been the most obvious thing in the world. She sighed when he thanked the gods. “I think you’d do better thanking me instead of your gods,” she said, a small grin starting to appear on her face again. “You emptied one of my traps, didn’t you?” She playfully bit her lip, awaiting his answer to see if he would lie to her. She tried recalling what the punishment was for stealing. Losing one hand, or two?

Donovar Slynt

Character sheet

vr sep 29, 2017 4:19 pm
The thick fur that covered his shoulders protected the young man from the cold breeze. Every day it grew colder and colder. For him, it wasn’t that big of a bother, unlike other people his temperature was always a bit higher. Not that he could go out naked right in the middle of the winter. He liked the winter more than the summer. The furs he was wearing covered most of his scars.

He noticed how the stranger would sometimes look past him. Was she waiting for someone? Did she see something? Whatever it was, he didn’t look around. He narrowed his eyes, looking at here with doubt. “And what situation might that be?” He didn’t feel like he was in any danger and needed to be careful. She had the upper hand when it came to weapons though. His mouth was often quicker than his brain and he spoke before thinking it through. It was dangerous on some occasions, but it hadn’t killed him. Yet. His words had saved him many times before and that wasn’t going to change.

The rabbit, on the other hand, caused some problems. Problems he didn’t want. Yes, it was hers, no he was not going to admit it. He was bad at losing and if he didn’t convince her otherwise, he would lose. “Are you saying I can’t have captured this rabbit on my own?” Donovan almost sounded offended by her words. If he wanted he could capture one himself, but he had chosen the easier way. He knew it was almost pointless to say otherwise, but would hate to confess. “Something tells me you won’t even believe me if I would swear upon the Gods that it was me who captured this animal.” If he did that he would lie to the Gods, they would even get angrier and they would make his life even harder. What more could you wish for? A peaceful life of course.  
Etain
Etain

Character sheet

za sep 30, 2017 12:19 pm

A rough, cold breeze grazed through her hair, making her shiver for just a second. As if it couldn’t get any worse, she could hear her stomach softly growling. She hadn’t eaten a lot yet today and honestly, it was taking a toll on her. She’d rather deal with the cold than with hunger. The active lifestyle she led, required her to eat frequently and that was exactly why she needed the rabbit the stranger was holding. Her very livelihood depended on it, to some extent. Did he think prey just grows on trees?

The guy seemed a little too laid-back to her, which caused her to doubt his intentions even more. But she was pretty sure that if he had any accomplices running around here, they would’ve shown their faces by now. Or they completely abandoned him, in which case she would feel kind of bad for him. The guy asked what situation she was speaking of, to which she lifted an eyebrow. Wasn’t it obvious? “The one where I’m about to gut you,” she suggested, slightly amused. She wasn’t really planning on it, but she would if she had to. Which was something she wanted him to know, clearly.

Now, the rabbit was something that she was rather insistent on. When she confronted him about emptying one of her traps, he denied it. She was pretty sure he was a liar. “No, but it would be awfully coincidental that someone just happened to have emptied one of my rabbit traps and you’re holding a rabbit,” she argued. “Almost too coincidental.” She lowered her spear a little bit, growing kind of tired of the weight. Besides, the weapon was still long enough to keep him away from her if she had to. She grinned at his next comment. “The gods? And what do they mean to you?” she asked. People swore things on their gods all the time, the question was if they actually put any value on their presence at all.

Donovar Slynt

Character sheet

zo okt 01, 2017 2:50 pm
For only a moment he went quiet and was looking for the right words. She had no reason to gut him, but it sounded like she would do it if needed. Donovar liked all his organs where they were right now, there was no need to change that. “Maybe some other time, don’t feel like being ripped open today.” Another smart comment that could bring great trouble.

The man tried to keep his face as straight as possible in an attempt to convince her, but she did not give up. He had no idea how to feel about that. Everything would’ve been easier if she just believed him. “What else am I supposed to hunt? Rats? I don’t think so and I try to avoid wolfs and bears.” For once that was not a lie. He did not feel comfortable in the presence of a wolf pack and bears were a bit too dangerous, he would not go out looking for them.

Then the question came; what meant the Gods to him. “I would be dead if it wasn’t for them,” he told the lie without any effort. It was not the first time and it was certainly not his last. When you start telling lies, there is no way back and you need to continue the lie if you do not want to get caught. “Do forgive me, it is hard to explain something like belief, or trust. Yes, that is it. I trust that the Gods watch over me, protect me when needed and guide me when I’m lost for that is what I would be without them. Lost.” He hated every word of it and not a single one was true. For a short moment, he looked at the sky, before turning his gaze back to the stranger. Why did she have to ask a question like that? It was because of his own stupidity that he was in that situation and he knew that. The only thing he could hope for was that this was going to end in his favor.
Etain
Etain

Character sheet

di okt 03, 2017 11:31 pm

Honestly, she was getting rather bored of just standing here and threatening to poke the guy’s guts out. There were a lot of things she still had to do today if she wanted to make a living out of all this somehow, and he wasn’t really helping. The guy remarked that he didn’t exactly feel like getting ripped open today, which Etain understood. Because who did?

The man started reasoning what else he was supposed to hunt, which in turn only made her angrier. Every second that he didn’t just admit he had stolen from her, made her just a little more pissed off. And she was quite a difficult person to piss off. Now he had struck her right where it hurt: her love and affection for all things edible. She absolutely adored food and for someone to take it away from her like this, was simply rude. He swore on the gods, and when she asked what that meant, he told her he owed them his life. Etain sensed quite an interesting story and for some reason, she kind of wanted to hear it. When he had his tiny little speech about faith, she was sold. She didn’t really care for the gods, and she doubted the idea that he did, but hey, she had nothing better to do than to hear him out. Added to that, she was pretty sure there was nobody else around. She lowered her spear. “If you’re interested, I’ve got more food and drink in my cabin. And something to keep warm,” she let him know. She had rounded up all her traps. Now all there was to do was make them into food, skin them, and sell them in the city later on. For now, she had a little surplus, so she might as well share with a wandering soul.

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: