welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

Here with you - Pagina 5 Empty Re: Here with you

za mei 19, 2018 2:40 am

FELT LIKE A SECRET
collecting all your different pieces

And just like that, he was left alone in the room. It felt wrong to let her go alone though, so he got up as well. The vampire decided to go check whatever else could be open, just to be sure everything was safe. He didn’t want them to be attacked from behind. The heartbeat seemed to be moving around, so he was pretty sure whatever it was, knew his way around the house. Just when he turned a corner and was faced with a wide-opened window, a shadow leaped in. Heavy paws landed with a loud thump on the ground, causing Mort to flash back to the living room at supernatural speed. ”Fuck, it’s inside?” He shouted at her, as he found himself standing on top of the couch. As if that would keep him safe from the animal that had just gotten access to the house.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:19 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

za mei 19, 2018 2:45 am
We're standing face-to-face
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
Mort’s shout had calmed her down. If it was inside, it had to be… She closed the door and put the spear back where it belonged, casually walking back to the living room, where she found… Mort standing on a couch. She frowned. “You’re a vampire,” she calmly stated, as if this was news for him. “And you’re seeking refuge from an animal. That got inside through a window. On a couch.” Every word was spoken slowly, in the calmest of tones. She nodded a bit to herself and blinked a few times, as if that was going to make her grasp on the situation any better. “I think it will be quite capable of climbing a couch,” she went on, raising a brow. She looked around, but the creature was nowhere to be found. If it wasn’t who she thought it was, they might be in a bit of trouble. Though he had said it was not human and a monster would not fit through a window, thank the Mother.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 2:53 am

FELT LIKE A SECRET

The funniest part was that Mort hadn’t even realised all the things Lexa was summing up when she finally came back. He was a vampire. True. He was now standing on a couch, to get away from the predator that had jumped in through a window. Also true. A predator that would be very capable of climbing that exact same couch. Very true. Point being, he would probably be able to defend himself from an animal, even if it was one with sharp teeth and claws. He was, indeed, a vampire. Nature’s finest predator. ”Well.. In my defence… It caught me off guard”, He said, squinting his eyes a bit while he climbed down again. If she dared to laugh..

What he didn’t understand, was why she was so calm. He had clearly mentioned the attacker was inside. So why had she put away her weapon? Also, where even was the animal? Cue Saggitarius, proudly walking in from the same room he had jumped in through. The mountainlion was purring loudly, going straight for his owner. Mort stood there, his mind completely blown, as the huge cat bumped into Lexa’s leg and curled himself around it to greet her.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 2:59 am
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
‘Well. In my defence… It caught me off guard,’ he told her and Lexa pressed her lips together, but that couldn’t help her from laughing at him. “Truly,” she said, in between laughter. “I am impressed.” Kidding. She wasn’t. Amused? Definitely. Impressed? Less so. She felt like she might be the hero if it came to those two and if they ever actually met a monster, she might be the one needing to save him, rather than the other way around. An interesting discovery. Good for her ego, that was sure.

And it seemed that she had been right. A huge cat came walking in. His steps slow, his body low to the ground, as he worked his way to Lexa and pressed his head against her leg. She immediately put her hand on his head as he walked around her in a circle, to sit down at the side of her feet, squinting his eyes at the stranger as he kept making the same, soft purring noise. He disliked strangers in general, but tended to accept them once he had found out that they meant no harm to his owner.

This is Saggitarius. My cat.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 3:08 am

FELT LIKE A SECRET

Of course she was laughing. He hummed displeased, but wasn’t actually mad. He just didn’t understand. He was obviously not getting the joke and she wasn’t trying to explain at all either. Mort didn’t know what to say, what to do or how to behave in general. He just stood there, staring at her laughing. His gaze shifted to the doorway when he could hear paw steps approaching, a suspicious flicker in his blue eyes when the ‘monster’ entered the room. It was clearly not shy, as it walked over to Lexa almost immediately.

The mountainlion greeted her and she petted him when he circled around her and eventually sat down. The two predators were watching each other closely, both not too sure what the other was doing here. “This is Saggitarius. My cat.” She explained. Mort focused back on her. Was she still joking? ”Your what now?” He asked, as if he hadn’t heard her correctly. ”That is not a cat”, He pointed out, clearly still confused. Would she ever fail to surprise him? Spoiler: no.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 3:14 am
with our own human race
Saggitarius. Lexa remembered the day she found him, when he was but a few weeks old. She had held him up in the air by his fur and he had made the cutest noises, screaming for his dead mother. He was the only one still alive and if it had been up to the poachers, he would have not lived through that night either. She had needed to fight multiple off at once, causing her to get seriously hurt at the time. She had been lucky that doctor Breck had managed to patch her up as he had always done. The scars on her side were still visible, but she lived the day. And she got a pet in return.

Mort told her that it was not a cat. She shrugged and walked back to the couch, to take place on it and tap her hand on the empty spot next to her while she raised a brow at Mort. “I found him when he was but a cub. Poachers killed his mother and I took him in,” she told him. “He’s been living with me since. He won’t do anything,” she decided to reassure the vampire. Meanwhile Saggitarius made his way further into the living room, taking place on a pelt on the floor, slowly moving his tail as he stared at the vampire.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 3:28 am

FELT LIKE A SECRET

Why even was he so surprised? If there was one person on this entire continent capable of pulling off something like this, it had to be Lexa. Who else would keep a fucking mountainlion as a pet? She acted as if it was the most mundane thing about her. As if it was more weird to have a thousand candles in her living room than it was to have an animal like this walking around casually. She sat back on the couch, completely relaxed, and encouraged him to do the same. Mort followed her instructions, but he didn’t lose Saggitarius out of his sight.

"He won’t do anything,” She reassured him after explaining how she had ended up with a pet like this one. To prove her point, the big cat had settled himself on a pelt, unbothered by his presence but still keeping his eyes on him as well. ”If you say so”, He finally gave in. He tried to ease into the fur himself again too, but the tention in his body wasn’t completely gone yet. ”Why couldn’t it be a cute duckling though?” He then said, coping with the stress as he would always do, by joking around a bit.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 3:40 am
with our own human race
The vampire sat down and she turned a bit again, so she would be facing him instead. Her eyes were fixed on him as he seemed distracted by the big cat still, who seemed to be enjoying the warmth more than anything. The creature was used to living around people now, always walking back and forth between the Heart and the Watch, being fed by different villagers around the country. He was a friendly creature, though Lexa sometimes worried that he was too friendly. It would only take one poacher… Hence why she had been training him to keep distance, to stop approaching strangers. Luckily, as he got older, it seemed he grew more weary of strangers anyhow, ignoring those he had cuddled before.

‘Why couldn’t it be a cute duckling though?’ Meet Mort: the vampire who jokes when he gets uncomfortable. Lexa sighed. “Because they would not make a good guard… cat,” she told him, shrugging. “He is not fully grown yet, but a child of about nine months old now if I remember correctly,” she went on. A child who weighed more than she did, but still. He was young. His behavior would change over time and it might eventually get to the point where she needed to stop him from entering Mother’s Heart. She was aware of that, but for now… he was good.

You were scared of my cat,” she said. She bit her lip in an effort to not laugh again. “Truly everything about you screams that you’re a good guy, doesn’t it?” she went on, shaking her head lightly. Such a typical goodie two-shoes. Scared of a predator while he was the scarier predator. Not wanting to hurt anyone. But the thing that showed it most, was that he had actually gone on his knees today, as if he had done any wrong.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 11:56 am

FELT LIKE A SECRET

The Commander had a habit of surrounding herself with predators that could kill her without a lot of effort. The level of trust she put into the both of them was beyond what he had ever seen in any human. This should be enough for him to trust this cat as well. So he sat down, not entirely comfortable yet, but still. He made a little joke, a habit he seemed to have picked up somewhere along the way. Still not as bad as hers though. Anyway. ”Fair”, He said with a little smile. ”I’m glad.. Saggitarius didn’t find me here all by myself”, He said, trying to refer to him with his name, as if it was really a pet. It felt.. A bit weird, still.

“You were scared of my cat,” She proceeded to say. Mort finally focused his blue gaze back on her. “Truly everything about you screams that you’re a good guy, doesn’t it?” She continued. The vampire couldn’t help but feel guilty, again. He turned around on the couch, pulling up his knees. He wrapped his arms around them, leaning to the left to rest his head against the backrest. ”How can you still say that after what happened?” He asked her, voice soft, but genuinely curious. She basically had all the rights to hate him, yet she didn’t. And he couldn’t figure out why.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 12:16 pm
with our own human race
Well,” Lexa started, when Mort told her he was glad Saggy had not found him here by himself. “He would definitely make an effort to rip an intruder apart,” she noted. After all, he was her guardian pet. Why would he not? An uninvited intruder was never welcome, especially in the Watch. He knew that the Heart was open to everyone with good intentions and only tended to intrude when chaos was about to unfold. The slowly approaching mountain lion tended to easily solve some quarrels. Not just because they feared the beast: but because they feared what would happen if its owner found out they hurt it.

Mort changed position and asked her how she could still say that, which made her frown. She did not quite understand. “Nothing happened,” she told him, after a minute or two in silence. “It could have. Absolutely,” she went on, pausing for a few seconds again before continuing. “But it didn’t. So why would I not?” A faint smile appeared on her face as she asked her question. He had stopped himself from hurting her, even though it went against all of his instincts. Was that not a sign that he was not a monster?

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 12:54 pm

FELT LIKE A SECRET

“He would definitely make an effort to rip an intruder apart,” She said. Very reassuring. Luckily, she had been with him and he hoped she wouldn’t leave him alone with the cat. Or at least not for too long. As she had mentioned, standing on the couch wouldn’t save him, obviously. On second thought, running seemed a better option. The big cat was probably fast, but not vampire-fast. He could outrun him with very little effort. ”Better not leave my side then, before he thinks I’m not with you”, He chuckled. Back to making jokes again, are we? Either way, her next words made him shift his attention. So he turned towards her again, finally tearing his gaze away from the animal.

After a bit of silence, she tried to convince him that nothing happened. But he couldn’t forget the fear in her eyes. How she had stepped away from him because she had thought he would lose control. He couldn’t blame her. “So why would I not?” She said with a faint smile. Mort didn’t immediately react, as he thought about her words. He pulled his hand through his hair, resting it on the base of his neck. ”Because there have been times where I couldn’t keep control. I’m still young, in vampire terms. When I said I hadn’t killed anyone, I was not lying. But it wasn’t the full truth either”, He said, wondering if this confession would make her angry. ”It happened a couple of times. I messed up completely while feeding, leaving the other in such horrible pain and..” He sighed, closed his eyes for a second. ”I couldn’t end their suffering. So my sire did it for me”, He admitted. He focused his gaze on the wall to his left, unable to meet her gaze.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 1:15 pm
with our own human race
‘When I said I hadn’t killed anyone, I was not lying. But it wasn’t the full truth either,’ were definitely unexpected words to hear, though maybe she should have known that it could not have been that easy. The vampire told her about how he messed up a few times and how he had not been able to end their suffering. He did not kill them, but someone else had to because of his actions. She fell quiet for a bit. It did not change her opinion on him, why would it? It was to be blamed on the curse and he clearly had trouble with it. She believed that instincts were part of nature. If Saggitarius would end up killing a child, she would not call him a monster. She would blame herself for not anticipating that it would happen. If Mort would kill a person due to his curse, he would meet the consequences. Then be expected to do better.

You can not help what you are,” she started, carefully looking for the words. “You can make sure you are who you want to be, however,” she went on. “We all make mistakes and we all face the consequences. But that does not make you a monster.” Her gaze was fixed on his face as she spoke, her voice soft. She felt sad seeing him troubled like this, though she was unsure if her words would be of any help. After all - was she not the true killer here?

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 1:29 pm

FELT LIKE A SECRET

Today had been a reminder that no matter how hard he tried to pretend he was normal, there was still a side of him eager to take over. That he still not possessed that master level of control Edmund had tried to teach him. It would take more time. Had he left the villa too soon? Had he felt ready when he was not? She was trying to convince him so hard he was not a monster, yet he couldn’t help but feel that way. Even if it was only a slight part of him, it was still there. And it would be for the rest of eternity. She trusted him, but he didn’t trust himself. At least not completely.

Her words caused him to feel a sudden wave of emotions he couldn’t quite place. He had told himself the same thing, but with much less effect. Perhaps it was because she was the first outsider to say them. He could feel his eyes tear up, so he quickly rubbed them to make sure he wouldn’t start crying. The battle he had been fighting for the past four years had made him so tired, but he didn’t want to give up either. ”Damn you”, He whispered, a light tone of amusement in his voice. ”Now you almost made the vampire cry”, He continued, shaking his head slightly after which he looked up again. How did she manage to say all the right words just when he needed them most?

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 1:43 pm
with our own human race
‘Suck it up,’ would have been a more natural response for the woman. Showing weakness, acknowledging your mental issues… It was not something the people of Vanaheim were quick to do. Mental health problems were not real, were just words whispered into the heads of the weak. If you were anxious, or filled with fear, you should be thrown to the wolves. The strong would return leading the pack, while the weak would end up dead. It was the way of her people. Simplicity, distance and survival above all. Everything else was just a waste of time. And yet, here she was. It was ironic that it had been a vampire out of all people to make her feel like an actual human being again, rather than just the Commander.

‘Damn you,’ he whispered. She had seen him rub his eyes and laughed shortly as he told her that she had almost made him cry. “All that happened today,” she spoke, falling silent for a second. Motivational speech was not her strongest point. “Is that you won,” she smiled, shaking her head a bit. She was not talking about the fight between them. “Your instincts will not define you. And because of that, you are a better man than most I know.

NOTES, none
TAGS, precious vampire ~
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za mei 19, 2018 2:27 pm

FELT LIKE A SECRET

“Your instincts will not define you. And because of that, you are a better man than most I know.” She continued her speech. She was right, of course she was. She had figured him out quicker than he had figured out himself. Whenever he tried to do that himself, he got caught up in his own emotions. In how much he had hated himself, and how he still hated what he was. He had made the decision and he had to live with the consequences. Had it been a mistake? Up until this point, no. It would be entirely different if he would allow himself to be the monster. He wasn’t on his own though. He had her, and Kaspian. It would get better.

”Do you think you could do it?” He asked, out of the blue. ”If it wasn’t against your beliefs”, He added. It was a question that had just dawned on him, probably because of the subject. He wondered how she would handle the curse. If she would decide to live like him or not. If she would care about the lives of others as much as she did now. If it would matter to her. If she would use her abilities against her enemies. She had seen the struggle within him. Did it scare her or would the enhanced abilities be enough in return?

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: