welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

On my knees - Pagina 19 Empty Re: On my knees

do jun 14, 2018 3:44 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO
when you’re still holding on

The difference between the two of them, was that he would actually give up if she truly didn’t want him to go. He could be quite stubborn, but quickly changed his mind if he noticed it bothered the people he loved. He would rather try and convince her than do it against her will. Of course he would be sad about it, but he would never get angry at her. She was only trying to protect him and he didn’t see it as an annoyance. It was because she loved him and that fact by itself would always make him happy, no matter the circumstances.

Though she eventually agreed. He noticed how it was hard for her to do so. She probably wasn’t convinced, yet she would allow him to go. Not without warning him to be careful first though. A faint smile graced his lips. ”I will”, He replied. ”I’ll be back before you notice I’m gone”, He promised her. She still seemed worried though. By now, he could clearly pick up the signs. ”What’s wrong?” He therefore asked, wondering if it would be something he could try to fix this time or not.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:25 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

do jun 14, 2018 5:46 pm
We're standing face-to-face
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
He would be back before she noticed he was gone. She doubted it, but appreciated the effort. “Just make sure to get back as soon as possible. I’ll try not to worry,” she responded, a faint smile on her lips. She didn’t try to hide the fact that she did not like the idea. Not at all. She wanted to be completely honest with him, so she would be. She didn’t like this, but she would accept that it was what he wanted to do. They all had their own paths to walk and if this was part of his, who would she be to have any say in it? As long as he got back to her as soon as possible…

‘What’s wrong?’ he asked, once more causing a faint smile on her lips. “It’s nothing,” she reassured him. It wasn’t quite the discussion she wanted to have right after waking up. Having him hear that he was going to visit the damn mountain people, out of all possible people to visit, had been enough. Now she just wanted a few seconds of peace before she would work her way up and sit down on her throne.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

do jun 14, 2018 7:50 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Now he actually had permission kind of, he decided that tomorrow would be the best day to go. For nothing in the world would he leave her here alone today. It was such an important day for her, and he wanted to be there to support her if she needed him to. Surely she would go in Commander-mode again, but he hoped his presence in the room would give her a sense of safety. Another reason was that he wanted to make sure no one would actually try and challenge her again. She might be somewhat healed now, but that didn’t mean she could go out and fight another battle. She would have to take it easy, as she had promised.

When she said she would try not to worry, he couldn’t help but laugh softly. Before he could reply to that though, he noticed how she was not exactly keeping her promise. She looked like she was worrying about something already. So he asked her what it was. “It’s nothing,” She promised him. He slightly frowned, but didn’t comment on it. Instead, he did what he would always do. Try and cheer her up. ”So”, He started off. ”Think you can fix me a shirt? Or do I go out wearing one of your pelts like a cape?” He joked. What a fashion statement that would be.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za jun 16, 2018 2:39 am
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
It was horrible. Every part of her body seemed to scream for her to leave this country, to finally find herself. And the more she looked at Mort, the more that feeling rose inside of her. It was a struggle. Knowing that the one certainty in life, was also the one thing holding you back. She could never leave her rank. The day she did was the day she’d die. Only death could end her reign. So, perhaps she needed to give up on the thought, on that shimmering possibility that this had opened up a door for her. Mort was the only joy she’d know in life. Other than that, she needed to focus on her people more than anything.

Mort’s question caused her to smile again, as he always did. It was like the Mother felt bad for her, sent her this angel to make it all more endurable. She took his hand between hers, bringing it to her face so she could press a kiss against his fingers. “I love you, Mort,” she told him. “So please be safe.” She wasn’t going to stop him from doing what he thought he needed to do. After all, freedom was important. He needed to find his own way and if this would help him, she would gladly assist. “I’ll have West find you something once I’ve gathered the courage to get out this bed,” she followed, showing him a faint smile. No, she didn’t want to get out of this bed. Yes, she was aware that she’d eventually have to.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

ma jun 18, 2018 12:39 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Her words made him happy. So happy he could die, if he actually was alive. His heart would probably skip some beats right now. The warmth was spreading through his chest again. Would he ever get enough of this feeling? Spoiler: no. Suddenly he felt the urge to kiss her, which he naturally complied to. He gently cupped her face with one hand before gently kissing her. Short but sweet, full of love for her. ”I love you too, Lexa”, He whispered after he had pulled away and laid his head back on the pillow.

For some reason he was blessed with the skill to turn a heavy conversation back to a more light-hearted subject without making things awkward. A simple joke or comment mostly did the trick. Which was nice, because he wasn’t one to give great advice anyway. Though he would always try to say something useful, if he had the possibility. Sometimes it was as easy as giving the other person a different perspective. This time though, she didn’t want to talk about it. So he respected that, wouldn’t push the matter. If she wanted to share her thoughts, he trusted she would do so spontaneously.

So a random comment it was. “I’ll have West find you something once I’ve gathered the courage to get out this bed,” She replied with a faint smile. Now at least her mind was distracted again. ”Good luck, it’s actually a nice bed, to be honest”, He replied, an amused tone in his voice. ”I changed my mind, you can go talk to your people by yourself, I’m going to stay here”, He continued with a grin, after which he theatrically grabbed one of the furs and buried himself under it, as if he would actually go to sleep.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

ma jun 18, 2018 11:09 pm
with our own human race
There was no way that she could be selfish here, because there would be many times after today where she would do something that would worry him. And he would let her go too, because she needed to. Who would she be to tell him he wasn’t allowed to go after something that seemed to have his interest? No. She’d just have to smile and hope for the best. Like he had done when she had accepted her challenge.

The kiss was the exact kind of distraction she could always use, filling her with this warmth that washed away all the worries once more. A soft smile appeared on her face again as he repeated her words.And this was exactly why she needed to let him do what he needed to do. She loved him and he knew this, so he would come back to her in one piece. Or at least try as hard as he could to do so.

Mort’s comment caused her to raise a brow, after which she sat up and stretched, feeling how that still hurt a bit. “Guess I’ll do just that, then,” she spoke, a slight smile as she looked at him. She would have to call for West, preferably. He could gather whoever needed to be gathered for the speech she was going to give. Sigh. Not that she actually expected Mort to let her go alone. He could, though. It would be understandable if he didn’t want to be there. After yesterday, she wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t want to see anything of the Commander anytime soon.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

di jun 19, 2018 1:44 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Now more than ever did he miss being human. Spending all day in bed, taking naps or just reading a book. At that time nothing had been complicated. He didn’t have any worries back then. Perhaps because he was so isolated from the outside world. Edmund’s mansion was his safe haven. It could get lonely but aside from that he had everything he needed. Though finally being free had had his benefits as well. He wouldn’t have met Lexa if he had stayed there, for example. He wouldn’t have found his brother. The saddest part was that he wouldn’t even know what he was missing.

Because even though it was way more complicated now, it was worth it. Every second she was out there, he would worry. But he wouldn’t want it any other way anymore. He loved her and she loved him, and that was the only thing that mattered. There was no logic behind it, and he wouldn’t even try to figure it out. Loving someone was done with the heart, not the mind. And his heart wanted her. Not just the woman laying next to him right now, but also the woman that would sit on the throne and speak to her people later on.

That’s why a protesting grumble sounded when she said she would go out there by herself. The vampire pulled down the pelt a bit, so he could peek at her and fix her with his gaze. ”I’m not that easy to get rid of”, He said, after which he also pushed himself up. ”Besides, I got to make sure you keep your promise and stay on that throne all day”, He continued, a half smirk around his lips. If she thought she could sneak away while he wasn’t paying attention, she would have to change that quickly enough.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo jun 20, 2018 12:24 am
with our own human race
She didn’t like it. It was like everything in her life was always interfering with what they had. And if it wasn’t hers, it was the fact that he was a vampire. She was, after all, well aware that he couldn’t stay much longer because of it. Had she not been wounded, she could have helped him out and it would all have been a lot easier. But, sadly, their lives weren’t easy and they would just have to deal with it. Something she was very willing to do.

An amused grin appeared on her face as he grumbled. Just as expected. “I mean,” she spoke, shrugging. “We'll see how it goes,” she told him with an innocent smile. There was not a way in any hell that she was going to be sitting on a fucking throne all day. For half an hour at most, then she’d stand up and do what needed to be done. She knew that once she sat there, he wouldn’t interfere anymore. Her reputation was important for safety reasons. Though she knew that West would find a way to get her to sit down again and that thought terrified her in a way.

I’m not expecting it to take long,” she admitted. “They are, after all, expecting to see a Commander who is naturally healing after being hit with a spear.” A slight shrug. She expected to be on their way to the Watch in a few hours. If she got out of bed soon, at least.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo jun 20, 2018 1:16 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

The vampire was completely unaware of her identity crisis. If he had known it would cause her to struggle so much, he would have left her alone a long time ago. By coming here he put her in a tough situation. Basically by existing he made it harder for her to stay focused on her tasks. Though it was simply too late to go back now. He would never be able to pretend like all of this had never happened. He knew that walking away was not an option anymore. At this point he was fully committed to her. Of course he had other business to take care of. Soon he would have to leave, to fix his thirst. Somewhere in the near future he would also have to return to Kaz.

Today he would support her. And she better not question it, as he wasn’t planning on leaving her a second time. He had made that mistake once, and never again. ”Good. When you’re done you can get back to resting then”, He replied, again trying to convince her to take it easy today. Honestly though, he didn’t expect her to. Mort sighed softly while putting his hand on her lower back for a second. ”Please just don’t get hurt again”, He whispered. He knew that it would eventually happen again, but please. Not today.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo jun 20, 2018 1:51 am
with our own human race
She wondered if Arawn would ever need to know about any of this, or if this all would be kept a secret until the day she died. A saddening thought. It would have been so much easier if this all wasn’t kept hidden… Though they probably didn’t hide it too well, to be fair. West was going to have questions and she would need to answer those. Mort had helped her and so, had earned some of the trust of the man. Hopefully it would be enough for him to actually trust the outsider and keep this to himself. For the good of the Commander.

Another smile appeared on her face when his hand touched her lower back. “I promise I’ll be careful,” she told him. This time for real. “I’ll be even more useless to my people if I don’t heal up as quickly as possible,” she reasoned. At least that was something she could agree on. While she wasn’t planning on taking it as easy as he probably wanted, she wouldn’t do anything actually stupid. The longer the healing process took, the rougher it would be once she got back. It was better to suck it up and live with it.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo jun 20, 2018 12:16 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Now he was reminded of it again, the memories of the battle she had fought yesterday were flashing before his eyes. Rapidly but also blurry, as he hadn’t been paying attention all throughout the fight. It felt like he was there again. Even the scent of blood was almost too real. It hurt his throat a bit, but he could still control it. The moment when the spear had sliced her side was not even the worst part. It was what had happened after the fight. Not being allowed near her right away, when she was obviously in pain. She tried not to show it, but he was a vampire. There was very little she could hide from him. Next, how he had to carry her to the doctor, because she was too weak to walk on her own.

The bright red blade scorching the wounds.

“I promise I’ll be careful,” She said, pulling him out of his own mind before it got any worse. The reason why was completely different from his. His priority was with her, hers was with her people. Again. He kept his comment to himself though. This was one of those things he had to deal with. It was what he signed up for by wanting to date the Commander, wasn’t it? ”We all need you”, He replied with a faint smile. Before he could say anything else, he picked up the sound of a heartbeat and footsteps, though the person stopped in the throne room. ”There we go again”, He said, softly sighing. He nodded towards the door. ”Another visitor.” At least not a Guardian this time..

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za jun 23, 2018 1:04 am
with our own human race
The woman worried about her own thoughts, not sure if she truly did what she was supposed to do. If she truly put her people in front of anything else, including him. Yet, without thinking, she seemed to always put her people first. Even when she was hurt, they were the one thing on her mind. While her heart yearned for her to stay here, her brain always had the upper hand, forcing her back to the life she was forced to live. She couldn’t leave them behind, couldn’t even allow herself to let them wait one more day. Even if the Healer hadn’t come here, she would have made her way to the Throne. No one could have stopped her from doing so. Her people came before her life. And while Mort was such a big part of her life, he still had to make way for them.

‘We all need you,’ he replied. Lexa smiled faintly, wanting to respond when he suddenly noticed that someone else was coming. She raised her brows. Knock. Knock knock knock. She didn’t need vampiric hearing to know the person behind the door took a step back, thinking his actions over for a second. Knock. “Come in, West,” she smiled. There was only one person who knocked like that, after all. She sighed deeply as the door opened, smiling at the man who entered.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za jun 23, 2018 1:29 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Some day he would have to leave Vanaheim again. Struggling with his bloodlust already, he knew that day would come sooner than he would want it to come. He honestly couldn’t tell what was worse. Being here when she got hurt, or not being here. Because he suspected that stuff like this wouldn’t just stop happening when he was gone. Would he one day come back to the Heart, only to find out she had died and been replaced with the next Commander in line? It scared him, way more than he would like to admit. He loved her, and even though she promised to be careful, she couldn’t control every little aspect of life. If another warrior decided to challenge her and her reign, she would have to fight once more, as it was simply her duty. Dying for her cause, in the end. And perhaps he wouldn’t even be there to see it happen.

When he heard the heartbeat, he tried to stop worrying about things he couldn’t control either. Like the reaction of the man that would enter the room in a couple of seconds. It was clear Lexa already knew who to expect, and in a way he did too. Who else would come to her room this early? It had to be someone she trusted. Someone like.. West. The older warrior opened the door and entered, while trying really hard to keep his focus on the Commander and not on the semi-nude vampire sitting next to her on the bed.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za jun 23, 2018 1:37 am
with our own human race
West seemed to have some trouble looking at her, as Mort’s naked upper body seemed to pull his gaze like a damn magnet. Same, West. Same. But, Lexa just smiled faintly, waiting for the man to bow down as he closed the door behind him. ‘I came to see how you are doing, Commander,’ he told her. As if he needed to speak the words for her to know what he was doing here. She dropped the pelt, stretching a bit and smiling at the man. “I’m doing more than fine, West,” she told him. She looked at Mort for a second, before looking back at the guard. “The Healer has treated me well.

While West seemed to figure out how the healer had done what he had done, she decided to derail his thoughts again. He shouldn’t spend too much time on this, after all. “I want to talk to my people about what has happened and what is going to happen. Please, arrange for them to head to the throne room at the earliest,” she simply told him. He nodded carefully, still seemingly distracted by the magnet next to her.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za jun 23, 2018 1:43 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Suddenly the vampire knew exactly how she must have been feeling when the doctor had treated her. He felt extremely vulnerable and honestly just wanted to disappear into the pile of fur that was covering her bed. West was trying not to look at him, though he could see his gaze wander off from time to time. He subconsciously crossed his arms in front of his stomach, as if that would help. It made him feel a bit less exposed though. It was something. As soon as Lexa started speaking, the man turned his attention back to her. Luckily. He wasn’t quite sure if he would make a comment on the fact that he wasn’t wearing a shirt or not, and he wanted to avoid any awkward conversation.

Because of course the man had to know. Drawing his conclusions from the way they had acted towards each other, and how he was now sitting on the bed with her. So far for keeping it low key. When Lexa was done speaking, he quietly scraped his throat. The man turned his head towards him, a questioning expression in his eyes. ”And could you perhaps, maybe, if it’s not too much, f-fix me a shirt?” He asked, knowing damn well that if he still had a heartbeat his face would have turned red like a tomato now.

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: