welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

On my knees - Pagina 3 Empty Re: On my knees

wo mei 23, 2018 3:30 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO
when you’re still holding on

Once he was flying, he knew there was no way back. He wasn’t scared to fall either though. If he got hurt, he would heal, simple as that. It didn’t really hurt either. Honestly he couldn’t help but be amused about himself and the situation. When he was sure he didn’t break anything, he pushed himself up, a big grin on his face. The Commander came back, stepped down from her horse and looked at him with a frown. Oh she would have a hard time figuring out while he was smiling, wouldn’t she? Fact was that he didn’t even know for sure himself.

“Are you okay?” She asked, a worried tone in her voice. The vampire nodded a couple of times. ”I decided walking is more my thing”, He chuckled. Safely close to the ground. Yes. Perfect. It was kind of cute that she wanted to make absolutely sure he was alright though. She knew he had fast healing abilities, yet she had turned around to actually check up on him. Who was the most adorable person now, huh?

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:22 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

wo mei 23, 2018 3:37 am
We're standing face-to-face
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
Why was he smiling? The vampire chuckled, telling her he was okay. A pout appeared on her face as she seemed unpleased with his answer, but she nodded nonetheless. She was well aware of his healing abilities, so there was no use denying that, even if he had hurt himself, he would be more than fine. “Be careful,” she spoke, still a bit worried. For a second, she looked over her shoulder. Scourge was nowhere to be found, but it was still daytime… she was sure he would make it back home. “Scourge has been trained to turn back if anything is amiss,” she told him. Hopefully, they wouldn’t send anyone out to look for them.

So… It’s still quite a bit. You want to hop on Astral?” she eventually asked. While she was aware that he could run, technically, she also knew that would take energy and they did not want his bloodlust to come back as soon as they arrived at the temple. Astral could carry them both with ease. And maybe, maybe she just wanted him to join her. Perhaps. A little bit. “I promise she won’t throw you off.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 3:45 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

The involuntary flying lesson he had gotten from Scourge had left him unharmed yet without a mount. Something that could be a slight issue. He also kind of worried about the horse. He had stormed off right after, and Mort couldn’t pick up his heartbeat even with his supernatural senses. It meant that he was either too far away or.. Already killed by whatever was lurking in the woods. Lexa assured him the horse was trained to run back home if there was something wrong though. ”Won’t they send out people to come look for you though?” He asked. If the horse of the Commander got back, alone, wouldn’t that raise any concern?

A vampire would have no problem with keeping up with a horse. But the physical effort would drain a lot of energy, and he didn’t want to bother her for blood any time soon. That was not the reason he had come here. So he decided it would be best to follow her instructions. ”I will hold on to you just to be sure”, He joked, in an attempt to hide his uncertainty. Was this going too fast again? Was he ready to be that close to her? Of course he trusted her, but still.. Eventually he needed to stop overthinking though. He had always been one to follow his heart, and his heart was telling him to get on there and hold her as tight as he possibly could.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op wo mei 23, 2018 4:56 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 3:57 am
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
His concern was understandable. A smile appeared on her face, as she nodded. “They might, so let’s make sure we get out of here,” she answered, followed by a wink. The Commander was known for keeping herself out of trouble. Or, more like, getting herself out of trouble once she had gotten into it. As long as it wasn’t the horse she was riding, they might wait a day before starting a search. If they did start one, however, it was about time that they left, because she did not feel like encountering her guards and have them interfere.

Lexa took the saddle off the horse, putting it on the ground. It would be a lot easier to ride the animal together if that wasn’t there. Without any effort, she lifted herself on the horse. She confidently held her hand out to the vampire. He probably didn’t need the help, but it was the gesture that counted here. He had told her he’d hold on to her and she hoped that her heart didn’t actually make a little jump there. After everything that happened, the idea that he was comfortable enough to step on this horse and hold onto her as they made their way to their newest, dangerous adventure… It was more than she could have ever asked for.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 4:06 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

The vampire expected her to call off their little expedition to go back to the Heart. There would be people worrying about her for sure. Even if he had been the one riding Scourge, it was still the Commander’s horse. If it came back without a rider, then they would start guessing what could have happened. So the most logical thing to do was to ride back and make sure everyone knew she was still alive. But she wanted to do the entire opposite. “They might, so let’s make sure we get out of here,” She said with a wink. For a second, he was perplexed. Was she serious now?

Then he decided it was best to just go along with her and not make a big deal out of it. She sure knew what she was doing, right? Besides, had he ever regretted letting her take the lead in anything? No. Even though she had mentioned ‘danger’, he was sure having fun. She pulled the saddle off the horse and put it on the ground, after which she jumped on her back effortlessly. Mort walked over and grabbed her wrist. He allowed her to pull him up a little when he too jumped. Without a saddle it would be hard for him to keep balance, so he made sure to wrap his arms tightly around her waist. ”Let’s not go too fast to begin with, shall we”, He suggested. Partially because he didn’t want to fall and pull her with him when he did. Partially because he also didn’t want this to be over soon.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 4:14 am
with our own human race
As soon as Mort had taken place behind her, she could feel it again. That little jump her heart made when his arms wrapped around her waist. How every piece of her wanted to let her head rest back for a second, take in his smell as she would enjoy the touch. They could sit here for a while like that. His embrace felt safe, while she knew it shouldn’t. Getting caught up in the moment would only hurt later. She could not forget what had happened. How he could probably never forgive her in full after that.

His words brought her back to the real world. He suggested that they shouldn’t go too fast and she couldn’t help but smile a bit. “Of course,” she told him. They could take it slow. “Wouldn’t want you to fall off again,” she grinned, looking at him over her shoulder, before she encouraged the horse to start walking. Astral immediately listened, only needed the slightest movement to know what was expected of her. She started walking. A lot slower than they had ran before, but still faster than they would have been by foot. Normal human speed, of course. “It might take a bit longer now,” she told him softly, “so I hope you’re comfortable.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 4:27 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

It was pretty obvious the young vampire was engaged in one of his bad habits. Whenever something bad happened, he closed himself off from it. Running, hiding. Afraid to get hurt, he made sure to shut it out completely. That was one of the reasons why he could just hang out with Lexa as if nothing happened. Because to him, in this moment, his biggest concern was staying on top of this horse while she was taking him to some place hidden in the forest. It was horribly wrong, but he just didn’t realise. Or he didn’t want to realise. For now, the only thing that truly mattered to him was this, them, without any complications. He simply didn’t allow himself to think about it too much.

And his heart, cold and dead in his chest, how it burned when he wrapped his arms around her. She was warm, just as he remembered her to be. Her scent was everywhere at once and he enjoyed every second of it. When she joked that she didn’t want him to fall off again, he rolled his eyes, yet he had the same grin on his face. ”No we don’t want that. Because if I fall, you fall too”, He replied, the grin turning into a cheeky smile when she looked back in front of her and told the horse to get going.

“It might take a bit longer now, so I hope you’re comfortable.” She said softly. The vampire hummed, a deep sound that made his chest vibrate lightly. She would probably feel it more than actually hear it. ”I’ll make sure I am”, He said, sounding very innocently. He placed his one hand a bit higher, pulling her backwards in his embrace while making sure he didn’t make any unexpected movements that would cause them to fall. "Much better", He noted, failing to keep the smirk off his face. Luckily she couldn't see that from the position they were sitting in.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 12:52 pm
with our own human race
If he fell, so would she. Fair enough. Hitting the ground was something she would rather not do today. After telling him she hoped he was comfortable, she felt the soft hum he made. ‘I’ll make sure I am,’ the vampire sounded and before she knew it, he pulled her backwards. This time she could feel it for sure. Her heart skipped a beat, only to speed up afterwards. ‘Much better,’ it sounded and Lexa bit her lip, frozen in place. The horse seemed to notice and slowed down ever so slightly, taking a peaceful pace as she gave her rider the chance to get back to the real world.

That’s good,” she eventually spoke, before the horse went back to its previous speed. A part of her wanted to slow down the horse and be in this little moment of bliss for longer, but she also knew that she did not want to get stuck in the temple when it was getting dark out. Even with her skills in combat and a vampire by her side… A wraith or a behemoth would be too much to handle. Spending a night in the temple did not sound much better.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 1:17 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Was she aware of the fact her heartbeat was doing all kinds of things? It caused him to smile subconsciously. He knew his actions were the cause of that. While she was leaning against him a bit, he opened up his vampire senses a bit more. Not only to make sure nothing was sneaking up on them, but also to just let her presence kind of consume him. This was easy. After spending weeks living with his brother, he had almost forgotten that there were times he was allowed to enjoy himself. Now he was with her, he was reminded of that. ”You know I can hear your heartbeat, right?” He said, teasing her a bit. He simply couldn’t let this one slide, could he?

After some time, they seemed to get out of the forest and into a chain of mountains that extended far beyond what he could see. For some reason he felt a bit more vulnerable here, which made no sense at all. At least they could now see if someone or something was trying to attack them. Even though he felt kind of relaxed around her, he hadn’t forgotten how she had mentioned that it would be dangerous. Astral was taking them on a path that lead up the mountain. Soon after, the mountains made way for what appeared to be an abandoned temple. ”Is this where you wanted to take me?” He asked, obviously kind of impressed. There was this.. Vibe coming from the structure. It made him a bit uncomfortable and curious at the same time.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 1:29 pm
with our own human race
There was not a chance in hell that he was not doing this on purpose. Her face took a red color when the vampire told her that he could hear her heartbeat. “Unfair,” she told him, voice low. “Can’t hide a thing from you, can I?” she then said, smiling. Allowing herself to enjoy his embrace, she relaxed her muscles. She took one hand off the reign, to carefully place it over his hand. This was… peace. How she had missed the feeling of home that the vampire brought with him. Just this sheer sense of safety in his arms.

The trees made way for the mountains and it was clear that there had once been a civilisation before them, one that built the temple they were heading up to. Ruins made a path for them, showing that there had once been a clear road, one with all kinds of signs. The Children believed that this was built by those they called the First Civilisation, people who actually had the ability to interact with the Mother. Lexa wondered if it were true, but she had never questioned it again after visiting the Temple.

Mort’s question sounded right before she told Astral to slow down. “It is indeed,” she told Mort, “this is the Temple of Light. Where we believe the First Civilisation honored the Mother.” For a second she fell quiet. “This is probably the most sacred place in all of Vanaheim,” she told him. Astral stopped walking and she smiled. “So let’s head in,” she told him, waiting for him to get off first. Because taking a vampire to holy grounds was a great idea, right?

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 1:47 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Perhaps it was a bit mean to emphasize the fact that her body was reacting to his actions. There was not much she could do about it anyway. It just made him feel somewhat satisfied, proud. Knowing she couldn’t hide behind her war paint when it came down to him. “Unfair,” She protested softly. “Can’t hide a thing from you, can I?” She continued, which made him laugh amused. ”If I were you I wouldn’t even bother to try”, He chuckled. When she placed her hand on top of his, a blissful smile settled upon his face. It was only her that mattered now and he wished it could all go back to being this simple forever.

While she was telling the story about the temple, Astral slowed down and eventually stopped. So, this was the most sacred place in Vanaheim? Mort had never been a believer. Didn’t really reckon there was such a thing as a God. Let alone that they could come to Earth and have some kind of influence. Still, in the presence of the temple, he started doubting a bit. He tried to contain his nerves when he jumped down from Astral. ”So, what are the chances I spontaneously combust when I set foot in Her holy temple?” He asked. He knew the Mother wasn't too fond of vampires after all.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 4:11 pm
with our own human race
Our Mother was a young woman,” Lexa explained, as she pressed a kiss on the head of the horse. She was not going to tie her up. If something were to attack, she would much prefer it if the horse would just run home. They would make their way home safely. It would take longer, but rather that than losing the horse. “She was a young woman for a decades,” her explanation went on. “She was a God. A beautiful creature, blonde of hair. Her beauty was said to blind anyone,” she then said, before she smiled at Mort. “Somehow I doubt she was the one who hated vampires.”  

When they stood in front of the temple, the Commander bit her lip for a second. “The dead are gone, the living are hungry,” she whispered, after which she smiled. Had they always heard these words wrong? It couldn’t be, could it? Did it not mean to forget the dead and to keep your focus on the ones who were left? So many questions, yet she might never find an answer to them. Though one answer would be clear if Mort did somehow burn when stepping into the temple. “After you,” she told him with a smile.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort.
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 4:34 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Of course the vampire was slightly worried about his safety now he was in the close presence of the temple. It had the same kind of vibe around it as the mountain next to the Watch. It made him feel uncomfortable, but not in a bad way. Just.. Humble, unimportant, just a speck of dust in a universe that was too big to understand. Her words made him a bit more confident though. If anything, this God sounded like a gentle one. A God of love and acceptance. Or that was what Lexa made her sound like at least. ”If what you say is true, she sure deserves a temple like this one”, He joked quietly. Was he allowed to make jokes about the Mother? Probably not. But, he was nervous. So no one could really blame him.

The vampire followed her to the entrance, looking around with curiosity and excitement in his blue eyes. “After you,” She said with a smile. He nodded before fixing his gaze on the arch that probably used to hold a giant wooden door. He took a deep breath, then reached out for her hand again. If he died here, then he sure wouldn’t do so alone. He intertwined his fingers with hers before taking the final steps that took him over the threshold.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 5:15 pm
with our own human race
If it was not for the Children taking care of this place, the inside would have been a lot darker. Though the torches gave it a strange feeling to it. The empty, collapsing hallways, with a torch every now and then to ensure visibility. The tribe taking care of the Temple was one Lexa would rather not cross paths with. They believed in the Mother in ways that the other Children did not anymore. They praised her daily, did everything they did according to the Mother. They believed their family could speak to Her. And they also believed that the Commander was the Mother reborn. Which meant that each time the woman visited the tribe, it was… uncomfortable, to say the least.

If it was not for the Children, however, this place would have been a lot less dangerous. They had installed traps. If the Mother deemed you worthy, you would find them before they would kill you. Or, so they believed. Like she said: they were a weird bunch. A bunch you would rather stay far away from. Had Mort came here without the Commander by his side, he might have been attacked. Not directly, no… they were smarter than that. At her side, however, he would be fine.

When he took her hand, the woman got pulled out of her thoughts. His fingers intertwined with hers and she followed his steps, a slight blush on her face. They were getting there. She bit her lip and smiled as they entered the sacred first room, an empty hallway that seemed to go on for ages. “This temple is built straight into the mountain,” she explained. “There’s a tribe that lives close and takes care of it, but… they’re something else.” She slowly walked on, keeping her eyes on the ground in front of them. Something about wires.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort.

Laatst aangepast door Lexa op wo mei 23, 2018 6:00 pm; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo mei 23, 2018 5:57 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

The atmosphere around the temple made everything feel so different. He was probably being a bit dramatic, but he blamed that on the fact that this place was considered holy ground. He was no Child of the Mother. He had no business here to begin with, even though Lexa had dragged him along. Aside from that, her people believed vampires were an insult to their Mother. When she had shared the story of Her origins, she had promised that the Mother Herself didn’t hate his kind, but still. He needed some sort of reassurance while entering the temple. And who made him feel safer than Lexa? So he grabbed a hold of her hand, seeking support in her presence.

To no one’s surprise really, nothing happened. They entered the temple and he found himself standing in a large empty hallway. It lead to nowhere in particular, or at least not something he could see from here. He followed her while she was talking. ”Something else?” He repeated, curiosity in his voice.

Since he had no clue about the hidden traps, he wasn’t paying as much attention to his surroundings as she was. After a while, he had let go of her hand again to wander off a bit. Exploring some corners on his own. It was in that moment, he fucked up. The familiar sound of a bowstring was audible, followed by the buzzing sound of an arrow tearing through the air. Only thanks to his supernatural speed and reflexes, he was able to locate the arrow and catch it mid-air as it was heading straight for his chest. Even if it had hit him, it wouldn’t have killed him, but still. With the arrow in his hand he turned towards Lexa, a shocked expression on his face. He realised she had been right all along. This temple was not at all a safe place.

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: