welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

Pretend it's home - Pagina 2 Empty Re: Pretend it's home

za jun 23, 2018 2:18 am

AFTER EVERYTHING I WITNESSED
after all of these decisions

Her words didn’t seem all too convincing, but he would trust her to know what she was doing. After all, she knew best. He had no idea what a Grand Duchess was supposed to take care of. It seemed like she had it under control though. If she would just be smart and go to bed from time to time, he would actually believe her when she told him she would be fine. ”If I can do anything, you know..”, He offered. He was here now, and he was more than prepared to help out from time to time, if she wanted him to. Same for Kaz. Though he doubted the both of them would turn to him if they needed help. They both seemed to have this strong belief they had to fix things on their own.

Her apology surprised him, as it seemed to come out of nowhere. He hadn’t quite expected one anyway. She had treated him badly, yes. But he was convinced he had deserved it, on the contrary. If someone had to apologise, it was him for sure. ”I don’t really agree. I did something horrible and I deserved to hear every word. I hurt you both a lot and I am so sorry about that”, He protested softly. Accepting her words would be hard, perhaps even impossible. But he appreciated it nonetheless. It would strengthen their bond, and he felt like they would need each other in the future, especially when it came to supporting Kaz.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:06 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Allison Lenier
Aantal berichten : 1191
IC posts : 1131

Character sheet
Residence : Brightwater Keep

za jun 23, 2018 2:25 am
Surrounded, but always alone
So pick a place, pretend it's home
The higher you climb, the further you fall. But don't be ashamed of wanting it all. Cause the view from the top is beautiful but fleeting. Looks can be deceiving
Thanks,” she told him when he offered to do what he could. “It’s just that I have my own business to take care of too. But we’ll take some time off soon.” Sunfall. She had received a letter to come visit the place together with Kaz. A holiday to the sun and beach. Probably not the most exciting for Kaz, let alone for Kaz the Vampire. But, she could use the time off and if there was anyone she’d like to spend that time with, it was him. Even if it meant that they would lock themselves up in a room until the sun went down, before she would finally drag his grumpy ass outside to enjoy the beach. No matter what, it would be a time that she would enjoy. And hopefully, he would too.

Allison nodded. “You did something bad,” she agreed. “But if it weren’t for you, I would have had to go through this alone,” she admitted. “And I wouldn’t be able to.” Absolute truth. While she didn’t want Kaz to take any responsibilities, she also relied on him to just… be here. To calm her with his presence. “But, let’s leave that behind us. A lot has happened in the meantime!” she spoke, trying to cheer up the mood again. “Have you had the chance to explore our home yet?” It was way too big.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za jun 23, 2018 12:50 pm

They would take some time off soon. The vampire nodded in agreement. For him it had helped, a lot. Perhaps it would have the same effect on them too. Especially if they both went together. He had noticed how their relationship wasn’t always the greatest, though that could be related to Kaz being a newborn. The struggles in communication that he had seen back at his brother’s house, had worried him slightly. Her words kind of convinced him that it didn’t really matter though. She got her support by just being near him, and that was great. ”If I had had other options, I would have tried to save him in a different way”, He told her. Unfortunately, he was no doctor. He had no magic. The only thing he could do, was curse him. And so he had.

“But, let’s leave that behind us. A lot has happened in the meantime!” She then said, changing the subject. “Have you had the chance to explore our home yet?” She asked. Mort started laughing. ”I sure had the chance to get lost in it”, He confessed with a grin. An enhanced sense of navigation was not one of the supernatural abilities he was blessed with, sadly.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

za jun 23, 2018 1:42 pm
The higher you climb, the further you fall. But don't be ashamed of wanting it all. Cause the view from the top is beautiful but fleeting. Looks can be deceiving
I’m aware,” Allison simply answered when Mort said he would have tried to save Kaz in a different way, if only that had been possible. “I’m glad you were there.” She was. While she would have been even more glad if it had been some kind of healer that would have fixed everything, it was better than nothing. Kaz had done well recently and truly shown that he did care. And she would try her hardest to make sure she would find her way with everything. Her heart had chosen: he was more important than her convictions. Now it was up to her head to believe that this was the right decision.

Mort had gotten lost in the castle and Allison smiled. “Me too,” she admitted. “I grew up in a mansion,” she shared. “But I’ve always preferred a smaller home. Away from everything,” she went on. Like the house she had in Falkreath. Far away from any kind of civilisation, just… peaceful. Cozy. “But we’ll get used to it someday. I’m glad to have all the people I care about close.” Kaz and she had lived in different countries before this, after all. Even though they slept over in each other’s place for quite some time, it was still… different. It was nice to finally live together.

But, of course, you came here for answers, not stories,” she laughed. “Kaz hasn’t told you much, has he?” Mort’s surprise at the party had made this quite clear.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za jun 23, 2018 4:19 pm

This castle should come with a map, honestly. There were so many rooms, hallways and doors connecting all those together that it was almost impossible to find the exit. Mort knew that the lay-out of the interior might be like that for that exact reason. His sire had told him stories about sieges, where an invading force would get confused by the many passages, which would give the defenders the upper hand. If he had been an invader, it would sure have been effective. Allison shared some more facts about her past, and he learned that she had grown up in a mansion as well. ”My sire used to live in a villa too, away from the city. It was huge, but at least it had a more logical organisation. All the rooms were eventually connected to the great hall, so you couldn’t really get lost”, He shared on his turn. It was only fair, he thought, as it would help them understand each other better.

“Kaz hasn’t told you much, has he?” Allison asked, and he chuckled. ”No, he didn’t. I think he was enjoying the look on my face too much”, He grinned. So was she, as far as he had seen. They both had been very busy though. Which was normal, considering the fact they were now in a position of power. He dared to guess they had a lot of people trying to be their friends now. ”You said you had planned this out though. Why Rhoynar?” He asked, the first of many questions he had, to be honest. This would be a long conversation, and he hoped to be a bit wiser when their ways would part again.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

za jun 23, 2018 7:13 pm
Mort told her how his sire lived in a villa too, but how the interior was completely different. She couldn’t help but chuckle. “The same goes for my family’s place,” she admitted. “There was this huge hallway, leading to the stairs. All was connected to this one hallway. It was easy, but still… never felt like home,” she softly went on. “I lived a poor woman’s life for a few years until my boss chose me as his advisor, yet… I never wanted it back. The Cottage I had felt like home, much more than a castle like this ever can.” She had no idea why she was sharing this, but for some reason Mort felt… safe. Perhaps because he reminded her of Kaz. Of his softer sides, nonetheless. In a way, the man was family now. So perhaps it wasn’t bad to get to know each other. The little things.

Kaz had indeed not told the man very much and she laughed when he explained how Kaz was enjoying the confusion too much. She had to admit it was one of the more enjoyable things this week. Sadly, joy didn’t last long and this conversation became more serious when Mort asked her why she had chosen Rhoynar. Admittedly, not the question she had expected. But, she was going to try and be as honest as possible to this man. Family. Not by blood, but by choice. “Did you know the previous Grand Duke was an Alchemist?” she asked, a slight smile on her face. “There’s books, herbs and all kinds of things that I now have access to, things I could only dream of before.” And not just for the cure. After all, she had been an Alchemist long before that became her goal. “My business has also always found its way to Rhoynar, even when I did not want it to. So when the opportunity appeared…

NOTES, ~
TAGS, mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

zo jun 24, 2018 2:42 pm

They had come a long way. The difference between how she had treated him before and now, was as night and day. Which was understandable, they had met under hard circumstances. That day in the library, he had learned her opinion on vampires. Not immediately a very positive one. And he had turned her lover into one. Great first impression. Though that was all behind them now, she had said. He sure hoped so. She seemed to act on her words, and it meant a lot to him. She was important to his brother, so naturally she was important to him too. If they could work together to keep Kaz happy, all would work out alright.

But he needed updates. It felt like he had been gone for a month rather than a week. A lot had changed and he needed to know in order to be the best support for the both of them. He started off with a simple question, a logical one as well. He didn’t know a lot about the different kingdoms here in Fallen Skies, so she could explain to him why Rhoynar, of all places. He nodded a couple of times while she answered. Alchemy. Of course. ”I assume you didn’t ask him nicely to surrender his very fancy chair throne?” He continued when she spoke about the opportunity to take over the castle. He had seen the destruction down in Brightwater Keep, though he was unsure as to how that was related to Kaz and Allison taking over as rulers here.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

zo jun 24, 2018 4:23 pm
Could they stop asking about this? A sigh sounded and Allison pulled her hand through her brown hair for a second, shaking her head softly. What answer did he expect? She was here with good intentions, ready to bond with the vampire rather than be how they had been at Kaz’ house. But, he needed to remember that there were things that he was not going to know about. Even though he was Kaz’ brother, he still was just a civilian. Whatever happened in the castle when he wasn’t here, was none of his business.

Or perhaps she was just tired and insanely quick to be stepped on her toes as people kept asking the same fucking questions. She couldn’t really blame them, could she? She would have asked the same. So, she sighed again, before forcing a faint smile on her face. “I think it’s better if you keep your assumptions quiet,” she told him. Not a threat, not to Mort. But, she was still clear about it. “I knew about the vikings attacking. Nothing would have changed that,” she explained. “Only a fool would try to stop them.” Perhaps now he could assume what had happened.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

zo jun 24, 2018 6:13 pm

His follow-up question clearly annoyed her. He already felt bad for asking. It was just hard not to worry about the both of them if they were running around starting fights with people as powerful as the Duke. This time, it had turned out well for them. Though he didn’t quite expect the previous ruler to just give up his position without fighting for it first. The thought of Allison and Kaz taking this castle and involving themselves in violence, kind of scared him. His question had its roots in those feelings of worry, as he had no other intention with it. He didn’t want to accuse her of murder, he just wanted her to be safe. Because if she was in danger, then so was his brother, and Mort couldn’t let that happen.

Eventually he got a warning to keep those assumptions to himself from now on. The vampire nodded. ”I will, I’m sorry”, He reacted softly. Again he naturally fell back into those submissive patterns, as she was clearly in a position of power now. Not even as Grand Duchess, but as the strong woman she was. The way she spoke and carried herself almost automatically made him listen to her. Therefore he was almost nervous to ask her another question. ”I’m sorry, but, what? Vikings? W-what’s that?” He said, swallowing when he heard himself stutter again. If she hadn’t been watching him, this would be the moment where he would slap himself in the face.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

zo jun 24, 2018 10:04 pm
Mort apologized and Allison wondered if she was being too harsh again. “I’m sorry,” she immediately spoke. She had come here with the thought of strengthening their bond, not weaken it any further. “People have been asking me the same questions over and over again, but I can’t answer most of them,” she explained. That much he was allowed to know. That was information that would not come back at her, could not possibly bite her in the arse. She was careful, after all. The woman had learned to watch her mouth, share only what was absolutely needed to be shared. Even with Mort, she had to be careful.

He didn’t know what a viking was, causing the brunette to raise a brow. “You’ve never heard the stories?” she asked, her voice low as it would be when telling a horror story. “Vikings come from far north, living in the coldest areas of all of Fallen Skies,” she explained, voice still low. “They’re said to be bigger than the average man, strong enough to tear you apart with their bare hands.” In reality, they were just… Well… Men that lived in the North. But where was the fun in telling him that?

NOTES, ~
TAGS, mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

ma jun 25, 2018 12:31 am

What a joke. Someone should have taught him how to deal with people like this. Because he sure couldn’t handle being talked to like this. He was easily pushed around, without even realising it. It was more of a reflex than him deciding to react like this. She immediately noticed too, apologising right after. He shrugged lightly. He wasn’t even aware of his own actions so it was no big deal. He could understand her reasoning as well. ”I won’t ask any questions regarding that topic anymore then. I’m glad you’re both safe”, He said with a soft smile around his lips. That would have to be enough to ease his curiosity.

Vikings though. That was an interesting topic. He carefully asked more information about it, and she seemed more willingly to talk about it. What she was telling him though, made him feel nervous. Those men had raided Brightwater Keep? The vampire couldn’t help but look around for a second, even though he was pretty sure there was no one else in the garden than her. ”They’re gone now though, aren’t they?” He decided to ask, just to be sure. He didn’t quite feel like getting ripped to pieces today, honestly.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

ma jun 25, 2018 12:39 am
He wouldn’t ask any further, causing Allison to smile and nod. “Thanks, Mort,” she spoke. “I’m glad to see that stubborn does not seem to run in the family,” she noted, more to herself than to him. Mort was a lot easier to deal with. He accepted what was thrown at him and didn’t feel the need to fight everything. She, however, had a tendency of doing so. And so did Kaz. Which caused them to clash ever so often, but luckily they learned to deal with that and always remembered that they valued eachother more than being right. Still, it would have been a lot easier if both of them were a bit more like Mort.

Allison frowned when he asked her if they were gone. Shaking her head softly, she started to speak again. “No, they came here to stay,” she told him, the tone of her voice as low and serious as before. “They want to get away from the cold, build a living in Brightwater Keep,” she went on. “That’s why we went for the throne.” For a second she fell quiet, before showing Mort her non-existent muscles. “Because I’m from the North too. A true Viking.” Finally, she grinned. He was too naive.

💪

NOTES, ~
TAGS, mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

ma jun 25, 2018 12:49 am

It surprised him Edmund hadn’t warned him about these Viking types. He had given him a whole list of areas to avoid, out of precaution. Because the elder knew well enough he wasn’t really capable of defending himself, aside from the dodge and run tactics he had been teaching him. Of course he could probably outrun a Viking, but if they were truly that dangerous, his sire would have been smart enough to add the North to that list. Right? Now he added it to it himself, mentally, as a reminder not to go up there. Was he entirely safe now though? Or were those Vikings still lurking around the city, ready to strike again?

According to Allison, they were. They wanted to live here too, as it was warmer than Falkreath itself. For as long as she was talking, he believed every single word she spoke. Up until the second she made a joke about it, grinning right after. A deep sigh sounded as he let go of the air in his lungs he had been holding all along. ”Why Allison, why”, He said, a defeated tone in his voice. ”Don’t joke about those things”, He continued, though an amused chuckle escaped soon after. He was, indeed, too naive.

Allison Lenier

Character sheet

ma jun 25, 2018 12:56 am
While the woman rarely complained, life had not been easy the past few weeks. Starting where Kaz had been turned into a vampire and their relationship had taken such a hit until he finally decided to let his humanity back in. She had tired herself out, trying to find a cure and keeping herself together, while looking at him had hurt her in ways that she had never been hurt before. But, that had gone better. Still, she hadn’t allowed herself to rest. She had gone and arranged a deal with a viking, after which they had instantly taken over the castle, gotten married and was thrown into the life of the Grand Duchess, which hadn’t been easy.

And today, for the first time in what felt like ages, the weight was lifted of her shoulders as she saw Mort realize that she was joking. His amused chuckle was enough for her to wrap her arms around her stomach as she laughed, taking a few seconds before she regained herself and looked at him again, the grin still on her face. “You should have seen your face!” she spoke, clear amusement hearable in her voice. “Vikings could be called the pirates of the North, though it is still a bit different,” she explained, still grinning like a mad man. “They’re strong, but they’re very much human.

NOTES, ~
TAGS, mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

ma jun 25, 2018 1:40 am

By now, the vampire was used to being the target of pranks. He still couldn’t figure out when people were joking around and when they were serious. Resulting in situations like this one, where the brunette was clearly amused by how she had tricked him into believing these Vikings were still out here to rip innocent people in two. With their bare hands, even. Looking back on it now, he could have known. It was just too wild to be true, right? The woman laughed, the grin on her face still firmly in place. Oh, she wouldn’t let him live after this, would she? Great.

Of course she had to rub it in a bit more as well. Fair, he could see the entertainment value of it. He wasn’t the type to get angry over things like this either. ”I saw what they did down at the harbour when I met with Kaz earlier. Do they always leave such a mess?” He asked when she finally calmed down a bit. His interest in these pirates of the North had been sparked, and Mort wouldn’t be Mort if he didn’t want to know every little detail that could be shared with him.

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: