welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Rikton Bunch
Rikton Bunch
Deceased
Aantal berichten : 83
IC posts : 56

Character sheet
Residence : Cois

The wind talks Empty The wind talks

di feb 13, 2018 2:12 pm
West to the mountain range of inner Navarre and east to the Bay of Steel coast, there stood a man, seemingly unpleased with his surroundings. “I thought winter would’ve been over by now..” He said to himself, looking at the ostensibly neverending blanket of snow. The only thing he found, at least partially, pleasant was the fact that it had stopped snowing. For now at least. It was at times like these that he felt that he wanted to take his axe and attack the snow. As if he could scare it away. But of course he knew that was not the case.

He continued his path to the northeast and softly mumbled a song in hopes that he could prevent his lips from freezing off. For some reason his Falkreathian blood and thick winter clothes were not enough to keep him from being agitated by the cold. The land was bullying him with a strong wind as well and the first thoughts of giving up were on his mind. “Maybe I’m not supposed to be an adventurer?” He thought. “But then, what am I supposed to be?” This feeling was more than a regular winter depression. “Who will miss me, if I don’t survive? Do people miss me when I’m not around?” Some important people had walked out on him, and echoing from that, he had walked out on some important people as well. People who actually cared.

Right about now he felt angry. He turned his back against the wind. “I going to make some changes.” He firmly said to himself. “Life may only be worth living, together.” He knew, of course, that being alone from time to time is important. But life would be much more gratifying if he could share his happiness. His sorrows. His loneliness. “I’m here!” He shouted at the top of his lungs. “And I want you to find me!” He continued to yell. “And don’t even think of walking away from me! Because I will find you if I have to!” He exclaimed to noone in particular. He didn’t care who had heard him. He didn’t care if nobody had heard him. The inner stream of the world had heard his cries. And something would happen. He knew it would. It seemed as though the wind and the cold had washed away his former realistic outlook on life.

[+ een account van Cat]
Willow Cloven
Willow Cloven
Aantal berichten : 26
IC posts : 16

Character sheet
Residence : I'Ilyria

The wind talks Empty Re: The wind talks

di feb 13, 2018 2:32 pm

HELL IS EMPTY

The wind was cold and the snow was a stark contrast against her dark dress and hair. Yet, Willow liked her surroundings. She had decided to leave the walled fortress of I'llyria for a day, just to get some fresh air that didn't smell of sweat and the blood of the cadets that was spilled on the cobblestones. Besides, she needed new ingredients for her potions anyway. The wind played with her hair, that was loosly bound in a bun. Willow loved her long hair, buton days like these, it could get in the way. The snow made it hard for her to actually find the plants she was looking for. Eventhough she would still have enough at home to make sure everyone would survive the winter, she just wanted to get out. Maybe it had just been an excuse. While she was walking around, her eyes on the ground, her mind had wandered off. She remembered the good days where she could watch her grandchildren train and have fun. All of them. But now they had grown up and had changed so much. It was too soon. Keaton was nearing her age and would soon surpass her and she would be forced to watch him grow old. Or maybe it wouldn't even come to that. He could die in battle, a true warriors death. Oh gods, Willow hoped that wouldn't be anytime soon.
She wandered off the path, hoping to find some juniperberries, they always seemed to grow around this place, so why couldn't she find them? Her eyes searched around but Willow abruptly stopped walking when she suddenly heard screams. Was someone fighting? Were they injured? The woman turned around, scouting her surroundings, her hand subtly laying on the dagger that was strapped around her waist. No, these were no screams for help or pleads of mercy. Against all her instincts and all her lessons, she followed the shouts, back to the path, to find a young man standing there, screaming as if it were his last breaths. In a way, it was amusing and Willow couldn't help but to feel a faint smile tugging at her lips. ''Who do you want to find exactly?'' She asked with her soft voice, looking at the man as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

AND ALL THE DEVILS ARE HERE

Rikton Bunch
Rikton Bunch
Deceased

Character sheet

di feb 13, 2018 4:17 pm
Only the wind kept him company while he waited hopefully for a response. Do you know what it’s like to not know what you are waiting for? Do you know what it’s like to have your only company be something that annoys you? Rikton didn’t either, until today. He suddenly wondered if he had lost his mind. He was standing still, on a barren snowy plain. He did not need a wish. Nor a dream. He needed shelter, and sustenance. But then.. he heard a voice. He had been so lost in his mind that he had not heard or seen the woman approaching. He was usually a lot more alert than this. He moved his big bag of ‘anything and nothing’ a bit, on his shoulder. At times it could feel very heavy. It was at that time he started sniffing, like a bunny would.

After a quick glance at the woman he noticed that she acted far more calm than him, given the current weather conditions. And she casually asked about who he wanted to find. He couldn’t bring himself to smile this time. “Someone.” He replied mannerly. “Anyone.” He continued. “An anyone, given that he or she is a someone. A person who wouldn’t be anyone, if not someone.” He scraped his throat. “Does that description fit you?” He asked, mildly hopeful. Rikton tends to talk to much. He loves it. He likes to speak entertainingly absurd. Some people think it’s charming, others think it’s exhausting. But it made him feel better. He could finally share his mind with someone again.
Willow Cloven
Willow Cloven

Character sheet

di feb 13, 2018 5:54 pm

HELL IS EMPTY

The man was young, much younger than her. In a way he remembered her of the soldiers in I'llyria, but not in the brute, cold way they were trained to be. No, he reminded her of the soldiers before they went into training, the ones that didn't exactly knew what they were going to be fighting for, but that when the war or the fight came, they would give it them all. It was a sweet reminder and Willow smiled softly. She wrapped her arms around her waist, just so they had a feeling like they belonged somewhere. She usually felt out of place when her arms were just dangling besides her, not knowing what to do. It was an old habit.
For a moment his words confused her and she frowned. Somewhere she knew what he meant, but it took some thought. She nodded. ''Do you want it to fit me?'' She answered calmly, examining him. He wasn't from here, she was sure of it. Maybe he came from the north, or maybe he was a traveler just seeking passage. ''A person is always anyone and someone. You just have to look for the right spots.'' She followed, caressing the belt with the dagger, be it in a non-threatful way. ''But the question is, are you anyone, if not someone?''

Rikton Bunch
Rikton Bunch
Deceased

Character sheet

di feb 13, 2018 8:21 pm
He enjoyed a good tease. Even the unintentional ones. For a moment she seemed a bit confused. But after a small amount of thought she nodded. The nod made him smile. He could have loads of fun with this one. Other kinds of fun than he had had with the people he met before. She was more the thinking type. Maybe actually smart. He hadn’t really encountered a smart person before. It excited him a little bit. She asked if he wanted her to fit the description he had given her earlier. Did he? She was definitely smart. No one had ever managed to force him to think about what he was going to say next. But it was no matter. She wasn’t done talking. She said something that sounded like something a wise old person would say. And after that she reflected his own question back at him. He grinned. Now this just got very interesting. It felt like a challenge, and yet it felt like a friendly game too. “I am one.” He remarked. “Always have been.” He chuckled a bit. “I, myself, choose when I’m any or some. And today I think I’d like to be someone to you. If you’d like to be someone to me too, that is.” He couldn’t stop smiling. He was absolutely enjoying himself. A feeling he had missed on his long travel to this very point. He had no reason to think this of her, but to him, she was a lot of fun. He waited in anticipation for her reaction. He had high hopes.
Willow Cloven
Willow Cloven

Character sheet

vr feb 16, 2018 10:32 am

HELL IS EMPTY

He seemed so full of excitement and hope. Now Willow had to keep that expectation up, to make sure that would be a fun and interesting conversation. Because she feared that when she maybe spoke one word less or too many, this could all be over. He intrigued her, he felt like a mystery, a code that was almost unable to crack. But she would keep trying. ''I would love to.'' She spoke with a faint smile on her lips. His words made her think, weighing every option. ''But when is someone someone? What do they have to do to be not anyone?'' She retorted, an intersted honesty lay in her eyes while she looked at him. The wind tugged at her dark hair, making her remember that they were still out in the cold and that this young man maybe would freeze to death if they stayed still any longer. ''Would you mind taking a stroll? The wind can be treacherous around these parts.'' Willow said with a faint smile, pushing some hairs out of her face.

Rikton Bunch
Rikton Bunch
Deceased

Character sheet

vr feb 16, 2018 2:33 pm

She had no intention to cut off this interaction, so it seemed. His heart skipped a beat upon hearing her answer. He never expected such a direct and honest answer. He assumed that she would’ve wanted to play this wordgame a little longer. He wasn’t usually wrong about stuff like that. But it was no matter. It made the game a little more interesting. Maybe she wasn’t even playing. But that thought never occurred to him. He had been alone for too long, and he reverted back into his old habits as quickly as they had gone. A smile could be seen on his face, and he continued to listen to her, as he found the sound of her voice quite comforting. “You will stop being anyone, when you find someone, who sees you as more than you think you are. Anyone can be some more to anyone willing to acknowledge the some, in one.” A soft increase in wind speed made him squint his eyes. For a moment there he had forgotten the snowy plains and it’s relentless cold weather. He scratched his nose and nodded. A stroll would be nice yes. Quietly, he waited for her to respond to the answer he gave earlier, as he walked alongside her.
Willow Cloven
Willow Cloven

Character sheet

zo feb 18, 2018 10:07 am

HELL IS EMPTY

For Willow, this was just a conversation, an interesting one that was, but still a conversation. She didn't have them like this in I'llyria, where the soldiers would just be strict and direct and WIllow helped them as fast as she could. But here, here she could take her time to find an answer, she would taste it on her lips before blurting it out. It was a nice change for once and she was glad she had taken the time to get to the mountains. Sure, there was still work to do, but the man in front of her had brightened her day a little. His words hit her and Willow couldn't help but smile faintly, while sadness lay in her eyes. He made her think of the years before everything had gone downhill. He made her think of Devon, of Savina. Old memories, but still close to her. She was glad the wind came along, clearing her head a little and making sure she wouldn't drown in those memories. She did that too often, when the night was dark, or when she was alone. They would come to her and Willow had no idea how to push them away. So she welcomed them. ''An interesting philosophy.'' She said with the same, faint smile while she started walking and he joined her side. ''But tell me, is it easy to find this.. ''someone''?'' She asked with interest in her voice. Her dark eyes looked befor eher, scouting ahead. The snow could be thick here and one misstep could mean your end. Willow didn't give up everything for just to die in this snow. No, she would make it to the next summer and then she would make it to winter again. She would erpeat the cycle until it was enough. But for now, she intended to live.

Rikton Bunch
Rikton Bunch
Deceased

Character sheet

zo feb 18, 2018 12:11 pm

Praise. He got praised for what he had said. He then realised he never knew he needed that in his life. For a second he stared into the distance. The snowy fields were a canvas on which he could draw up new thoughts. Then, the next question tickled some emotions. He quickly blinked with his eyes and made a noise that sounded as if he trying to swallow a chunk of air. The faces he then saw in his mind hurt him. He took his hand and wiped his face, to metaphorically wipe the faces in his mind off. The feelings, the question. This conversation got too real. He wanted to make up an excuse, so he could go away. But he didn’t. However, he was scared to look at the woman now, still staring into the distance. “I’m Rikton.” He said. Yes, this was good. Now he just had to talk a little more and the conversation would be right back where he wanted it to be. “Whatever that means..” He then said. “Not all Riktons are as equally Rikton, I think. But who’s to say when you’re a Rikton anyway. Right?” He scratched his nose again. This nose of his was generally very itchy. But.. he smiled again. That was a good thing. Right?

Willow Cloven
Willow Cloven

Character sheet

zo feb 18, 2018 12:38 pm

HELL IS EMPTY

Alright, hold on. This was now getting confusing. So far, this man introduced himself as Rikton, fair enough, she could follow that. But then his words tarted to fall like a waterfall and Willow had the feeling she was being overwhelmed. Water always had been her least favorite element when she was training at I'llyria, mostly because she, herself, couldn't control an element, and people always liked to make her wet, just to see her reaction. Looking back now, it was silly and it was just a prank, but then it was just plain annoying. Oh right, the conversation. Stop being stuck in the past Willow, there is a future you have to look forward to! ''My name is Willow.'' She introduced herself, looking at Rikton with a smile. He had a nice name, it was strange and unfamiliar with her, but she liked it nontheless. Not everyday she discovered a name that was strange. She was used to the typical soldier and Gryphon names. It had been too long that she actually met an outsider. Someone like Rikton. ''I have to admit, you confuse me.'' Was her answer. ''Are you saying you believe there are multiple versions of you?'' She cocked her head slightly, her eyes examening him. ''How would that even be possible?'' Willow suddenly felt old, even with her appearance she had walked so many years around these plains. Maybe that's why he was now confusing her. Maybe she just had to go with the flow.

Rikton Bunch
Rikton Bunch
Deceased

Character sheet

zo feb 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Willow. That’s a tree. Curious. He nodded anyway. There was something strange about the combination of her face, and her name, but he couldn’t quite figure it out yet. But he still couldn’t look at her. However, he got a huge grin on his face when she explained that he confused her. Mission accomplished. He gave himself a mental pat on the back. Because, you know.. He simultaneously managed to confuse her, and push his bad thoughts back into the dark corner of his head. Then she explained how he had confused her and the look on his face grew a little grim. It wasn’t the right way. “I’m saying all Riktons in the world have to be different. So it’s silly say: I am Rikton. Because there is no definite Rikton.” He explained. He did a play on words. “No, you’re saying you’re lonely.” He said, this time with a rough and altogether unpleasant voice. “And you would know that, how?” He said with a voice that sounded much nicer, but very sceptically. “I AM you, idiot. Remember?” The rough voice said. “You.. are.. not..” The nice voice started to sound a little agitated. He then turned his face back to Willow. “Just ignore him. He’ll eventually leave.” “No I won’t.” “Yes you will.” “No I won’t, she’s hot.” “Oh.. my.. gods! Could you just..!” He didn’t want to say it. “I think I need a comfortable chair and a fireplace..” He said, mostly to himself, sadly.
Willow Cloven
Willow Cloven

Character sheet

wo maa 14, 2018 9:47 pm

HELL IS EMPTY

The dark haired woman frowned while staring at the man in front of her. This conversation was taking a... turn. Yes, that was the only thing she could describe it as. Unintentionally, she bit her lip, crossing her arms on her chest as if she wanted to preserve her body warmth, though the cold couldn't even get to her. Willow nodded, still not sure what this Rikton actually meant, but not wanting to go deeper, fearing she might get lost in her words and get entangled in a web full of unknown and endless possibilities of what could be and what could not. If she was to continue talking she would be here until the dark would set and then she would return to I'llyria empty handed. And she really needed those berries.
Willow was about to open her mouth and tell the young man goodbye and wish him a good day, when the voices started to speak. She was.. startled, softly said. A little in shock, Willow set a small stap back, as if she was afraid he could attack her any moment. The words that were spoken, didn't make it any better. ''A-are you okay?'' she managed to say, examining him to see if he maybe had any visible injuries, as if she could treat him. She had no idea what was happening to him and to be honest, it scared her. Willow had seen a lot, but not this.

Rikton Bunch
Rikton Bunch
Deceased

Character sheet

ma maa 19, 2018 2:46 pm

He sighed. He seemed tired. “No.” He said. “No I am not okay.” The other voice did not respond to this. Because it was true. He was not okay. This was probably the most honest thing Rikton has ever said in his entire life. He is not okay. He hadn’t been okay for a long time. About sixteen years actually. He turned his eyes to her again and said: “You can leave if you want. I’d want to leave right about now too if I were you.” No Rikton don’t say that! You’ll be all alone again! There’s still a way to turn this around! You don’t have to push everyone you meet away! Just keep trying! You can do it! He scratched his nose. It’s almost always itchy. He had an earnest look on his face as he looked at her. While he waited for a response he started thinking. Already making plans for what he wanted to do once she would leave. He had almost no faith. He thought she would leave, definitely. He thought it best to be prepared for rejection and move on, even before he had time to feel bad about it. A pretty nifty technique.
Willow Cloven
Willow Cloven

Character sheet

do apr 26, 2018 12:46 pm

HELL IS EMPTY

Maybe it was better to return home, she was far too long gone anyway. And with the current state of the man, she wasn't sure if she felt safe around him. Though, she thought it was brave of him to tell her that he was not okay, she wasn't sure what to do about it. She was an alchemist and mental problems were not in her expertise. Willow frowned, holding the basket close to her as if her newborn baby was rested in it. It gave her some form of comfort, a way of telling herself that she was still in the real world. She didn't need pain for that, the pain inside her heart was enough to keep her awake and in reality.
''Is there anything I can do for you?'' She dared to ask, her voice a tad sofer than before. She still didn't trust this man, and his behaviour didn't really help with that, but leaving someone out here in the snow with the possibility of catching a cold, or worse, and even die was not something she would like to carry for the rest of her life. She had already been through enough. Willow stood there, feeling frozen to the ground, pondering if she would invite him to I'illyria or not. Maybe this man was indeed dangerous, maybe even a spy. She didn't want to waste her family's legacy just by bringing one man into their home. No, she had decided. If she had to, she would leave him, but not before he got another chance.

Rikton Bunch
Rikton Bunch
Deceased

Character sheet

za apr 28, 2018 1:19 pm

He buried his face in his hands. Jep.. she wanted to leave. He was sure of it! Everybody did anyway. People just aren't to be trusted. You can't assume that anybody is going to be nice and considerate. No matter what they say. Not even their actions are proof of their good-naturedness. So he did, what Rikton did best. He started to chuckle. She asked if there was anything she could do for him. What a joke! "You seriously fell for that?" He said softly, slowly removing his face from his hands. Tears still rolling down his face. "Don't tell me you thought all of this could really happen." Still smiling. He could taste te salt of the tears that reached his mouth already. He placed his big bag of nothing and anything on the other shoulder, and started laughing even louder. He hen, started walking south. To be freed from this wretched cold. Jep, this was what he was best at. Ruïning every chance at having a meaningful interaction, and maybe even a relationship.. with anyone. He already assumed that the lady would either be mad, or that she would try even harder. Why he thought that.. nobody knows. He's not really Mister People, now is he?
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: