welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Romeo Haris
Aantal berichten : 373
IC posts : 289

Character sheet
Residence : Rhoynar

Violent candy - Pagina 3 Empty Re: Violent candy

wo apr 25, 2018 10:50 am

WHAT IS DEAD
may never die

It was a bit strange to see her freak out like that. It wasn’t even that terrible, not a full meltdown, but still. Since the first time he met her, he had thought of her as someone who could take care of herself. Fearless. Maybe she just didn’t expect this to happen here. But there were monsters everywhere, not only in Vanaheim. Here the monsters were human though. Maybe that’s what had thrown her off in the first place. But his logic was flawless. His words made her think about the situation and clearly it convinced her in the end. “Ah, pass me a drink, then.” She gave in. With his signature smirk he grabbed the bottle, but his eyes trailed off to the body on the floor again.

”Let’s go outside though”, He suggested. He wandered through the door and looked around on the deck, that was cleaned up again. He instructed one of his crew to remove the body from his cabin as well. After that he walked up to the main mast. He grabbed one of the ropes and quickly tied a loop in it. He put his hand through it and then held on to the rope. ”Hold it like this and don’t let go”, He instructed, his tone amused. It was the fastest way to get up in the crow’s nest, as it would pull her all the way up with ease.

Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

ma apr 30, 2018 4:15 pm
fiercer than fire
Life was getting in the way. The commander had seen too much, been through too much, recently. Without an outlet, without enough rest, she felt like sooner or later she’d collapse for multiple days, before she’d be able to be calm again. It would be no surprise to anyone aware of this, that she’d be a bit paranoid over losing control at the moment, something that alcohol seemed to do. But, no one was aware. And thus she wouldn’t be surprised if Romeo thought she was paranoid. But, that was okay. Maybe she was.

‘Hold it like this and don’t let go,’ his voice sounded when they got outside. Lexa grabbed the rope and looked at Romeo, raising a brow. “What’s up with the rope?” she asked, as she held it the way he instructed. Was he seriously going to have her stand here with a rope in hand? That wasn’t exactly her idea of a calming evening…
tag: Captain Smartass
notes:~
Romeo Haris

Character sheet

ma apr 30, 2018 8:48 pm

WHAT IS DEAD
may never die

If there was one thing he had learned in his life as a pirate, he knew that violence was just a part of their day. He worshiped a God that encouraged violence, so it was no surprise that he reacted so casual about it. After the short but intense fight, he would just pick up where he had been interrupted earlier. It was no big deal. It happened, they handled it, time to move on. Celebrate that they both were still alive too. It didn’t take long for him to convince her to stay and drink some more, even though she had been reluctant to that idea earlier. Romeo didn’t take a no for an answer easily, and after she had denied him to join her on her little adventure, she wouldn’t get away a second time.

But maybe there was a place on board of this ship where she would be safer than here. The crow’s nest, high in the main mast. “What’s up with the rope?” She asked after following his instructions. ”Trust me, it’s fun”, He grinned, after which he pulled another knot loose so the system would get triggered. The way the ropes were tied to each other, made sure that her body was lifted up far enough so she would stop at the height of the crow’s nest. In the meantime he climbed up via the shrouds. He had climbed it a million times, so he reached the top quickly and safely. He lifted himself over the edge and sat down, his back leaning against the mast. ”What a view huh?” He remarked, pulling the bottle out of his pocket again and taking a sip from it before passing it to her.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo mei 02, 2018 12:26 am
fiercer than fire
‘Trust me, it’s fun,’ Romeo said. At this point she should have known that she should not trust him and that it would not be fun. He pulled a knot and the rope lifted her body up, making her body scream in a higher pitch than she had ever done in her entire life, something she never wanted to experience again, if possible. She put her feet on the floor and stood there, still holding the rope, as her widened eyes focused on Romeo when he sat down.

Are you fucking crazy?!” she asked him, her voice higher pitched than it usually was and her eyebrows raised in a state of full surprise. The alcohol hadn’t helped. She still felt like she was flying, so… Maybe it was time to sit down. She sighed and sat down next to him, looking at the view he seemed to enjoy. She accepted the bottle and made a ‘Tsk’-noice. “Can you never, ever do something like that again?” she asked, before taking a sip of it and handing it back to him.

Actually insane,” she said while shaking her head, clearly still a bit off due to the shock she had just experienced. To make it better: she hated heights. But, of course, Lexa being Lexa, she would never admit to something like that. She’d just… Figure out a way to get down with her eyes closed. “It looks great,” she said, trying to keep her eyes fixed on the view, not looking down.
Romeo Haris

Character sheet

wo mei 02, 2018 2:31 am

WHAT IS DEAD
may never die

When her body was kind of catapulted up, a high pitched scream was audible. It was funny how it almost faded away, sounding much more from a distance the higher she was. The crow’s nest was easily 10 meters up in the mast, which was quite high, but not as high as the mast itself. Hopefully she wasn’t scared of heights. He granted the sound she made to the fact that it had probably taken her by surprise. But he wouldn’t claim that it hadn’t been his intention. The first time it had scared him as well, but he had grown to enjoy it from time to time. But tonight he took the more standard way up, by climbing the net of ropes that connected the crow’s nest to the deck.

Once he got up there, he was greeted by a furious racoon. “Are you fucking crazy?!” She exclaimed. The young captain laughed loudly. ”I thought we had established that”, He chuckled. Satisfied with his actions, he sat down and took out the bottle again. After taking a sip, he passed it on to her. She gladly accepted. “Can you never, ever do something like that again?” She then said. ”I’m not making any promises. It was quite entertaining”, He admitted. One day she’d laugh with this too. Maybe not tomorrow just yet, but one day.

“It looks great,” She reacted to his words, and he failed to catch her lie. After taking another sip from the bottle he passed it on to her again and pointed at the cliffs to their left. ”Remember our great leader, the Duke of Rhoynar? That’s where he lives”, He said, indicating the castle that was built up there. ”What would he know about the life of his people down here in Brightwater Keep if he hides behind those big walls”, Romeo scoffed. He sure didn’t understand. Maybe Commander Raccoon could give him some insight on the matter.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

do mei 03, 2018 12:52 pm
fiercer than fire
When Romeo said he wouldn’t promise anything because it had been quite entertaining, the woman rolled her eyes. “You’re an absolute asshole at times, you know that?” she asked, though she smiled soon enough and shook her head. He was a weird one, but she didn’t mind his company. One of the very few people she was actually glad to see. Even though she always had to remember that there was this side of him, this one part… That would be completely untrustworthy. Something she’d rather not think of when she was this far up, on his ship out of all places.

When Romeo spoke about the Duke, Lexa frowned. Romeo didn’t seem too fond of the man and she could bet that he wasn’t the only one. “It’s fear,” she spoke. “Or, often enough, it is.” Her eyes were focused on the castle. “They fear that someone wants to take their place, that jealousy will cause people to harm them. They stop caring for the people that are of little use to them, stop seeing them as individuals and instead see them as ‘my people’.” Lexa was quite experienced with leaders, sadly. “The queen is the same.

Romeo Haris

Character sheet

do mei 03, 2018 10:08 pm

WHAT IS DEAD
may never die

Her comments didn’t change his emotions at all. Where he could kick off over jokes like hers when he was sober or when a stranger would tell them, he now only chuckled amused. Maybe it was the effect of the alcohol. Or maybe it was because he respected her in a certain way. It could be both as well. It could also change in a second, if she pushed it too far. But up until this point, she had never crossed his lines. “You’re an absolute asshole at times, you know that?” She said, and he shrugged lightly. ”I’m not denying that”, He said with his signature smirk around his lips. It was funny how she had made that conclusion while she had never seen his bad side. Not yet, at least not when she was on the other end of the gun. She probably heard stories or knew what his job sometimes required him to do. Not even half an hour ago he had proven how violent his life could be, and how he could handle himself in a fight. It didn’t take much to put together that it happened pretty often. So more often than not he was indeed an absolute asshole.

Even now, sitting here in the crow’s nest, he couldn’t contain himself. He had to insult the Duke, since his castle wasn’t really hard to miss from up here. He listened to her words, scoffing and rolling his eyes at them. ”This whole shit show is ran by cowards”, He huffed. He took a gulp out of the bottle and put it back in between them. ”That’s what I like about you. At least you know your people. Even outsiders. I mean, I wouldn’t sit here with the Duke. And besides, I wouldn’t want to either”, He said, shaking his head. He went quiet for a moment, before continuing. ”So you’ve met the Queen?” He asked, curious about her experience.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

vr mei 04, 2018 12:49 am
fiercer than fire
Lexa would probably not have shared her opinion about other leaders as clearly as she had, had it not been for the alcohol she had been pouring down most of this evening. It was generally not a good idea to share thoughts like those with someone who had nothing to do with them. Gossip was just one conversation away and she could already see the issues she’d have with the duke because she said he was a scaredy cat. But, in the moment she had decided to trust Romeo. Or, more likely, she just hadn’t thought her actions through.

When Romeo said he liked her because she knew her people, she laughed and shook her head. “I’ve met more leaders than I can count on my hands,” she spoke calmly. “Tribe leaders, people who think they’re worth more than they actually are and actual people of influence,” she told him, thinking for a second.. “Most of them are the same. But I don’t think it’d help my people if I hid away from them.” That was probably one of the biggest differences between a Commander and most other Lords and Ladies. A Lord sent out men to fight for him, while Lexa would be the first in line to battle for her people.

When Romeo asked if she met the queen, Lexa nodded. “The previous Commander was… more into the idea of war, so when I took over the Queen tried to… I guess, make an ally out of Vanaheim,” she explained. Why was she telling Romeo this? This was state business. “She set up a huge meal and her words were filled with lies, so I left before the meal was finished.” As you’d expect of the Commander. She wasn’t going to sit and eat lies. It ruined the taste of some perfect meat.

Romeo Haris

Character sheet

zo mei 06, 2018 5:38 pm

WHAT IS DEAD
may never die

For some reason their conversation had taken a very political turn. He was not shy to share his, out loud. It had caused him some trouble in the past, but with Commander Raccoon here he didn’t fear she would have him locked away. Maybe if he insulted her in her rank, she would push him out of the crow’s nest, with a dagger between his ribs. But he didn’t plan on doing that. He also had no reason to. The Captain didn’t know much about the high ranks of Vanaheim, but she seemed like a good leader. One that was actually interested in the well-being of her people, and not caught up in a game for power.

”I don’t have patience to meet with leaders. They all speak in tongues and try to deceive you. That’s why I like being a pirate. If I want something, I take it. No need for boring conversations”, He shrugged. He doubted that he would be a good leader. A Captain, yes. But that was enough responsibility for him. He would probably do the exact same thing if he had been in the same situation as her, with the Queen. He laughed amused. ”How did she take the disrespect?” He asked. Hopefully it wouldn’t cause the war they were trying to avoid in the first place.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo mei 09, 2018 11:31 am
fiercer than fire
The conclave. The thought of it sent a shiver down her spine. The death of the people you grew up with… It would haunt you for the rest of your life. But, in a matter of life and death, there was no other option. Not fighting once you were in there, sacrificing yourself because of weakness… Not only was it stupid, it was also an insult to the Mother. And the thought of that was enough. Heaven was not a possibility if you died a shame to your God.

Romeo’s words caused her to smile. “Yet you’re sitting here with the Savage Commander,” she spoke, clearly amused. She looked away from the view to look at Romeo. “Sometimes I wish I had that choice. To not have to deal with their stupidity. But for Vanaheim to be as independent as it is, I actually need to meet them.” The last words were spoken in a different tone, close to disgust. Lexa thought of the Queen as a disgrace to her people. She deserved to burn in hell for raising herself above anyone else, as if she was, in fact, a God. She wasn’t. She would never be. And one day it would be the end of her.

Romeo’s next question made her shrug. “I haven’t seen her since, but I doubt she’s too happy about it,” she answered honestly. “The Commander before me was a lot worse, but I think she’ll be happy once I… Once my second takes over too.” Commanders didn’t live long. That was a fact.
tag: Smartass, drink & a view
Romeo Haris

Character sheet

wo mei 09, 2018 1:29 pm

WHAT IS DEAD
may never die

”I sometimes make exceptions”, He grinned back. She wasn’t even the only exception. His loyalty to Maverick hadn’t changed either since the other had taken over the position of Governor on the island of Sunfall. But he wasn’t the most typical leader either. A pirate turned smuggler turned governor. His career was interesting, to say the least. But his personality was still the same, and so was their bond. He would make sure to warn him in advance when he was starting to have a stick up his ass.

It was pretty clear Raccoon didn’t like meeting them either, but she had no other choice. So she had to deal with the Queen, even though she sounded like she would never respect her even a little bit. ”You better outlive me though. Or else I’ll come to your grave to rub in I’m a better survivor”, He said with a teasing tone in his voice, though his amber eyes expressed a certain sadness. It was hard for him to get attached to anyone, but he would sure feel the impact of her death, when the moment would come.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo mei 09, 2018 1:44 pm
fiercer than fire
You should be honored, truly,” Lexa spoke, putting her hand on her chest. “For someone of my status to talk to a simple peasant like yourself… What has the world come to?” She rolled her eyes and sighed. The fact that there were people that actually thought they deserved more than others, not for what they themselves had accomplished, but because they were born into the right family. Born in wealth. These people had never seen war, much less participated in one. To become a commander, one had to slay their friends. The people they loved, as a mere teenager. It weakened you, it slaughtered your soul. And then the current Commander would shape you, would tell you to suck it up and do better.

Romeo’s words made the woman raise a brow and she shook her head. “The oldest Commander in recent years lived ‘til twenty-five,” she simply explained. “As long as I die protecting my people, I will have fulfilled my purpose and another can take over.” Death was not a laughing matter to the woman, though had she not had the influence of alcohol, she probably would’ve shrugged it off rather than speaking up. She rarely did. Because she did fear death, somewhere deep inside. “The worst part is the Conclave.” Luckily Romeo probably had no clue how the Conclave went. Though he might’ve heard the rumors of children slaughtering eachother, a tradition kept alive by the Command.
tag: still a smartass
Romeo Haris

Character sheet

wo mei 09, 2018 3:53 pm

WHAT IS DEAD
may never die

The Captain cocked his head slightly to the side and pulled up his brows when she spoke. An amused smile appeared around his lips. ”Careful now. It’s a long way down from here”, He replied. Not that he would actually push her out of the crow’s nest. It would make such a horrible mess on the deck, for starters. Also, he would have the entire population of Vanaheim chasing him to take revenge, as she had mentioned. They were apparently pretty fond of their Commander. Even though they didn’t live long. Twenty-five. If he wasn’t mistaking, he recently turned exactly that age. He couldn’t imagine himself dying. He still had so much things to do.

But no one chose when to die. The subject suddenly got a whole lot heavier as well. Did he fear death? No. He was just scared to die too soon. Without doing anything useful at all throughout his life. ”At least you have a purpose”, He commented. Couldn’t say the same about himself. It was a shabby attempt to cheer her up though. ”What’s that?” He asked when she mentioned the Conclave. He couldn’t say if he had ever heard of it before, but it didn’t sound completely strange either.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo mei 09, 2018 4:24 pm
fiercer than fire
The Conclave. Never had a Commander questioned it and Lexa would never do so publicly. Arawn would have her head on a spike if she did. But, blurry as her thoughts were, the truth came out and for once, she showed how she truly thought of the event. It still woke her up at night. Seeing her best friend gasp for air, watch his soul leave his body as she felt his blood drip off her knife. Fourteen years old. If she told this story in a different land, age fourteen, they would have the Commander locked up for child abuse. But not in Vanaheim. It was the only way to make the people believe in their Commander, in their leader. And it was why a new one was accepted without war. There was a tradition. It worked.

Have you ever heard how a new Commander is chosen?” Lexa raised a brow. If he had, he probably would’ve known what she was talking about. “Children, let’s say between age twelve and sixteen, are asked to participate in what we call the Conclave,” she explained. This was the first time she explained this to an outsider. “The one who survives becomes the Commander’s second. And then will take over once the Commander dies.
tag: Mr Peasant ~
Romeo Haris

Character sheet

wo mei 09, 2018 7:42 pm

WHAT IS DEAD
may never die

“Have you ever heard how a new Commander is chosen?” Nope. But he had a feeling he was about to hear it. So he kept quiet, pulled up his legs and leaned forward on them. His head was resting on his armes, turned towards her face while she was talking. For a moment, he thought about the things she had just shared. ”The one that survives”, He echoed softly. His eyes locked with hers. ”How do the others die?” He asked. He had a slight suspicion, but for some reason he wanted her to explain it to him.

It was her culture after all. It also meant she had participated in that same event when she had been a child too. It didn’t take much effort to figure that out. Whatever they had thrown her way, she had fought, and survived. Now he had even more respect for her and her rank. Romeo took the bottle again and took a few gulps from it. He needed some more liquor to process all this, of course.

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: