welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator
Aantal berichten : 1327
IC posts : 1116

Character sheet
Residence : Brightwater Keep, Rhoynar

[M] Dungeon of despair - Pagina 4 Empty Re: [M] Dungeon of despair

do jun 28, 2018 12:33 am

The pull on my flesh was just too strong
Stifled the choice and the air in my lungs
Better not to breathe than to breathe a lie

The knife was still there, it may not be as present as it had been when it just had been stabbed in, but it was still there. He could feel it with every shifting in his body. He tried to look over his shoulder, only seeing the girl from the corner of his eyes. She had stopped crying but it was obvious the girl was still terrified. And Kaz could only agree.

His head snapped back as soon as he heard the woman's voice. Morning. It was morning according to her. So that meant he hadn't been asleep for long. Kaz wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing. His eyes first found her face, then the the bowl she was holding. He could feel the heat before his mind actually had registered what was inside. Fire. If he was still waking up, he would be wide awake. The ink poured over his hand, causing him to scream at the top of his longs, which inflicted even more pain as the silver was still stuck in his throat. It was now that everything hurt and it was now that Kaz realised in how much deep shit he actually was.

BY MITZI
Isabella Lennox
Isabella Lennox
Aantal berichten : 93
IC posts : 88

Character sheet
Residence : Seere

do jun 28, 2018 12:38 am
I'm gonna raise the stakes
The scream seemed to trigger the girl behind him, who screamed in shock as well. She started crying again, begging for her life. Begging for the older vampire to leave the two of them alone. After which she begged for her to just end her life. The girl seemed to be lost, not knowing what was worse at this point. Dying, or actually living to tell the tales. But, Isabella had already decided. One of them would die, the other would live. And Kaz was of more use to her alive, so the girl would not survive. It was that simple.

So, dear Kaz,” she told him, sitting down in the chair in front of him, putting one leg over the other as she shook the bowl, looking at the burning ink inside of it. “Do you think they miss you? Or do they not care that you’ve been gone?” she asked, smiling softly. The idea of being lost here while no one cared… it probably wouldn’t help.
I'm gonna smoke you out
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

do jun 28, 2018 12:42 am

Don't look at her. Just.. look away and concentrate on something else. Allison would probably be worried, perhaps she would search for him or have sent out a patrol. Maybe Mort was roaming the streets as well, the woman had claimed she knew Mort so maybe his brother knew he was in danger. Or maybe they both didn't care.

The words of the woman settled into his head. He looked at the ground, silent, biting his lip to stop himself from screaming. What if Allison had given up on him, what if she didn't believe in him and thought that he had made a run for it? Absentmindedly his eyes wandered to the ring around his finger. Would the promise be strong enough for her to care? Or was he truly lost and on his own again?

BY MITZI
Isabella Lennox
Isabella Lennox

Character sheet

do jun 28, 2018 12:49 am
She saw it. How his eyes wandered to the ring around his finger. It registered in her head and she knew that it was something she needed to take care of, but for now she carefully looked into the burning ink again. “Perhaps they think you’re a lost cause,” she told him, shrugging softly. “After all, a thief turned royalty… I’m sure they can find someone better.” Who knew. Her words might be more true than she thought. Or perhaps the people around him actually cared for him. She did not know. All she knew, was that she needed to make him doubt this. Make him feel like he had no home to go back to. For that would take away his fire, his strength.

In a quick movement, she stood up and emptied the well over his left hand. While his attention would be placed there, she threw the well across the room and took his right hand, to make an effort to pull the ring from his finger. “You won’t be needing this anymore,” she told him calmly, smiling.
I'm gonna smoke you out
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

do jun 28, 2018 12:56 am

Don't think. Don't think. He repeated the words over and over in his head but the more he did it, the less he started to believe. What if she was right? The pain had a strange effect on him. While it give him the motivation to show that he was unbreakable, that she had no chance of shattering him into pieces, it also made it known to him that while he might be a vampire and immortal, that this could last a lifetime.

He wanted to answer to her words, wanted to tell her how he would not break but before he even could open his mouth, the pain was back. The ink dripped over his hand, even making its way on his leg where it burned holes into his pants. Kaz whimpered, holding back tears and trying to concentrate. But the doubts had settled in and together with the pain, they were ruling him. Her sudden pull at his right hand made him look up. The ring. Kaz wanted to get up, forgetting for a moment that he was still shackled and he roughly got pulled back to his place again. She didn't dare, she couldn't. Allison would never forgive him. ''You're wrong.'' He hissed at her, but his words were softer than before, partly of his still burning throat. And it sounded like the fire inside him was dying.

BY MITZI
Isabella Lennox
Isabella Lennox

Character sheet

do jun 28, 2018 1:07 am
She was wrong. The woman laughed, sitting back in her chair and looking at the ring, moving it between her thumb and index finger. “It’s a pretty ring,” she told him, smiling as if it was normal to make that comment right now. It wasn’t that special and definitely not something she was into. Rings and jewelry only got in the way. She had always been a simple person. Also more into silver than gold, which was saddening as a vampire.

Perhaps I could sell it,” she spoke thoughtfully, aiming her gaze at Kaz again. She wondered how much it meant to him. Was this marriage forced, or did they actually care about each other? His responses up until now seemed to make clear that he actually loved the human. “The Grand Duke’s ring…” she spoke on, smiling again. Oh, that would sell for so much. Especially if he had just died. So many people would place a bid on something so stupid. Because there was only one. And if something was unique, everyone wanted it. Even if they could buy the exact same ring for ten percent of the price somewhere else.
I'm gonna smoke you out
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

do jun 28, 2018 1:13 am

How could she act so calm? How could she act like this was the most normal thing in the world to happen right now? Kaz thought that he had never really been mentally stable but this woman.. this woman was the cherry on top. The problem now was though, that she probably knew and he no longer posessed the energy to question everything she threw at him.

Fatigue together with pain and the paranoia setting in were the devil's poison. The more Kaz pushed those thoughts to the back of his head, the harder they seemed to return. The soft crying behind him from the girl didn't help either. The vampire closed his eyes again. He could still do this. He only had to wait until full moon, then he would be out of this place and everything would be normal again. These wounds didn't last, this moment wouldn't last. “Perhaps I could sell it,” His head shot back up again. He was not going to lose the last thing that kept him going. The ring was the last object he had on him that reminded him that Allison just wouldn't give up on him so easily. Kaz didn't say any words, but the look on his face said it all. Desperation.

BY MITZI
Isabella Lennox
Isabella Lennox

Character sheet

do jun 28, 2018 1:24 am
There it was. He was getting close to the point where he would break down. He wasn’t quite there yet, but the hope seemed to die down. His fire seemed to dim as she told him that no one loved him, that there was no place to return to. As that seemed to be what he fought for the most. How sad. “Don’t pretend you actually care about it,” she sighed, shaking her head. “She’ll be dead in a few years anyhow.” She threw the ring in the air, only to catch it again. “Might as well get rid of the ring now.” Otherwise he would have to do so himself when she died in a few days. After all, mortals would always leave them behind. That was part of the curse. There was no use crying about it.

The ring was put into the pocket of her coat, after which she crossed her arms and nodded slowly, thinking about what she would do next. “So, are you ready to beg yet?” she asked him, smiling as she always did. Perhaps he was. Perhaps this would end already.
I'm gonna smoke you out
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

do jun 28, 2018 1:31 am

Doubt was one of mens greatest enemies for it could break a human in mere seconds if the right words were said. And the woman was well on her way to planting the seeds in his brain. The vampire stayed silent, adverting his eyes from her, trying to think of something else than that perhaps he was indeed not saveable. Kaz bit his lip again, clenching and unclenching his fists as he felt how the ink had dried up and now was stuck to his skin like a second layer. The skin underneath was badly burned, redness spreading over his hand. It would be a reminder of what had happened here.

She might think she got him, that he would plead for mercy. But he wasn't that weak. No, she tried, but he was still standing. For a few seconds he shot her an angry glance, only to look away again quickly after. He couldn't look at her, because every time he did his mind recalled all the things she had done, all that was said. Kaz shifted in the chair, the schakles softly rambling, the dagger in his stomach pushing itself further into his flesh. None of this was good. And it probably never would ever be good again. The vampire lowered his head, resting his chen on his chest as he so desperately tried to tell himself that all would be fine. His belief in those words was long fading.

BY MITZI
Isabella Lennox
Isabella Lennox

Character sheet

do jun 28, 2018 1:38 am
He was getting there. And while she could move forward now, torture him even more than she already had, she knew that there was one thing that could be even worse. The doubt had been visible and he was clearly not as sure about his situation as he had before. His fire still burned, but it would burn out eventually, without her needing to interfere too much from here. She had given him the water and he would extinguish the flame himself if she allowed him to. And for now, she was going to do just that.

Without a word, she stood up and walked by Kaz, to look at the woman who was sitting behind him. Without saying anything, she bent forwards and bit the girl in the neck, again. This time the other side. She felt the warm blood in her throat as she allowed herself to drink some of the blood. The girl screamed and tried to struggle, but it was unsuccessful. Eventually, Isabella let go of her and smiled. Blood was flowing down the new wound on her neck. “Look at that,” she said, as if it was an accident. “You moved too much again.” With that, she walked by the two towards the door. Now it was time to leave the two alone for a while.
I'm gonna smoke you out
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

do jun 28, 2018 1:51 am

No words, no sneers towards him, no pain inflicted. Had she changed her mind? Had he shown her enough weakness that she thought that he deserved a small window of time to gather strength? He would be a fool to believe that. The moment the woman got up was the moment Kaz tried to push back the chair. He didn't want her any closer than she already was. But he was not the target. Without even paying much attention to him the woman had passed b y, obviously gunning for the girl. Kaz tried to look over his shoulder, but the screams of the girl were enough to tell him what was happening. The smell only later confirmed it even more.

And just like that, the woman was gone again, leaving Kaz and the girl behind. Confusion struck him. Was this a test? Or was this a small step towards freedom? And if it was, then what? He was badly wounded and would probably attract a lot of attention if he tired to get towards the castle. When he got out of here, no, if he got out of here, how was he going to save his own skin? Would Allison believe him when he would tell her that this wasn't his own doing? That he hadn't done anything to inflict this upon himself? Would she even still allow him in? His ring was gone, she could easily believe that he sold it himself. She wouldn't forgive him, that much was clear.

The thoughts consumed him as the vampire tried to silence the monster inside of him which hungered after the blood of the young girl. The silence between the two was spoken when she dared to speak up. Her voice was soft, insecure, scared, every emotion a human was supposed to feel right now. And Kaz shared them with her. ''What is going on, is she coming back?'' A small pause where she awaited his answer, but Kaz didn't say a word, staring at the wall in front of him. ''I have a husband I need to go back to, my son needs me, I have a life.'' The girl whined on, whimpering and softly trying to stop the tears flowing from her eyes. She had a lot of things Kaz doubted that he still had. And the fact that she continued on, only made those doubts grow. ‘’What did I do to deserve this?’’ A question Kaz asked himself with every passing minute.

The longer the woman was away, the more convinced Kaz became that this situation was starting to become helpless. No one would come look for him, no one would care. After all, she had spoken the truth. He was a thief turned royalty, a nobody and definitely not someone who was suited for the throne and ready for such a big task. Once a nobody, always a nobody. Allison said she cared, that she loved him, but meanwhile had put him in a position he didn’t even want to be in. Mort had said he cared for him deeply, yet he had ignored Kaz his wish to die and somehow his brother was responsible for this mess.

Where the girl might say she had a life, Kaz was starting to realize he had never had one to begin with.

And with that thought, he accepted defeat.

BY MITZI
Isabella Lennox
Isabella Lennox

Character sheet

do jun 28, 2018 1:57 am
The vampire had made her way upstairs, where she found herself a piece of paper to write on. ‘Mort,’ she started. She took the ring from her pocket and put it next to the note. ‘You might recognize the ring attached to this letter.’ For a second she stopped writing, thinking whether or not Mort would instantly recognize the golden ring. ‘If not, ask your Grand Duchess.’ At least then it would be perfectly clear immediately. ‘Give me the location or I swear I will start tearing your brother limb from limb. I told you I always get what I want.’ She smirked as she read the sentences again. Good enough. At least it would definitely send a message. ‘With love, Isabella.’ With that, he would know her threat was serious. If not, she would send him a finger next. After all, she was not one to joke around.

With the letter and the ring she had made her way into the city, making sure the letter would find its way to the castle safely. She expected an answer by today and hopefully, this would all come to an end tomorrow or the day after. Which meant that she needed to break the boy before the end of tomorrow, if possible. That way she could still win her game and hand him over, as she had promised Kaz as well. She would win at her own game with both brothers. Exactly like she had planned to. And Kaz was close to breaking, she could feel it. She was almost there. Almost ready to turn him past the point where he could never go back. And it excited her.

She had been gone for quite some hours and darkness had already settled by the time she entered the house again, bringing a glass of water with her as she walked down the stairs, entering the basement and again, locking the door behind her. “The ring was sold,” she calmly spoke. She wondered if she would still get a response out of him, or if he had been broken enough to finally give up. But, for now her attention was put on the girl again, as she walked by the boy and put the glass on the lips of the crying girl. “Drink,” she told her. The girl would, after all, be useless to her if she passed out because of a lack of water.
I'm gonna smoke you out
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

do jun 28, 2018 2:04 am

Footsteps. Her return. Panic arose in his chest as he pulled at the shackles who by now had irritated his skin that it started bleeding. Kaz was all out of energy and his body had nothing to heal the wounds with, making the wounds around his wrists and ankles only more irritating. But it was nothing compared to the pain in his stomach, back and hand. He wondered if she merely had forgotten that the dagger was still there, or that she just kept it in there to stop it from bleeding, to wear him out slowly but steadily. By now, anything would be possible.

As soon as the woman opened the door, Kaz looked away. He knew that the moment he would look at her she would know she had won. He could try, he could try and show her that he still hadn’t reached that horrible breakingpoint. But it felt like he was dangling off the edge, ready to fall. The vampire closed his eyes, feeling her words sink in. There was no going back to the castle. He was unwelcome, he would be hated and frowned upon. Once a nobody always a nobody. The woman had been right all along.

BY MITZI
Isabella Lennox
Isabella Lennox

Character sheet

do jun 28, 2018 2:09 am
She remembered how Kaz had been such a fighter earlier, when he had still had hope. She had expected him to last longer, but then again… It seemed like her words had done more than she had ever hoped they would. When it came to the physical abuse, they had just started. She hadn’t even done the worst things yet. If he was broken, she could skip a few steps, but there was one part of this that she was not going to skip. A trademark of hers. Something she did to every single victim of hers. Whether she let them live or not.

After feeding the girl some water, the woman walked up to the bookcase again. She filled the glass with the silver colloidal, before walking up to the chair in front of him and softly moving the glass, looking at the liquid inside of it. “So tell me, Kaz,” she spoke, her voice as calm as ever. “Are you going to beg for your life yet?” This time, she demanded an answer.
I'm gonna smoke you out
Kaz Brekker
Kaz Brekker
Administrator

Character sheet

do jun 28, 2018 2:14 am

This girl. This whiney, scared little girl who cried out for her husband and son was finally silent. Perhaps the woman had killed her, perhaps the water had been poisoned. But then he heard her sniffing again and he knew that this torture wasn’t long over. By now he started to get irritated by her. She wasn’t the one who got boiling ink over her skin, got fed silverwater and stabbed with a silver dagger multiple times. This girl shouldn’t be complaining. He should.

But as he saw the other woman rummaging near the bookcase again, he knew that one spoken word from his mouth was one too much. So, when she sat down with the glass right in front of him, he knew that whatever he said, it wouldn’t be the right thing. Begging. She had taken a lot from him, the hope that he would get out of here unscathed had long been gone, but the hope that someone would be there for him, that someone cared, was shattering. So, when she gave him the choice, where the usual stubborn Kaz would come in and scold at her, perhaps try to spit at her again, he stayed silent. That was all that he had, and the only thing she couldn’t take away from him. Although he hoped.

BY MITZI
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: