welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Clara
Clara
Aantal berichten : 20
IC posts : 4

Character sheet
Residence : Nymmerwell

All good things are wild and free Empty All good things are wild and free

za okt 28, 2017 12:05 pm

Young, wild and free. Those words were probably the first things that'd come to your mind, especially when you saw her running through the woods and climbing trees. Young and wild, that was correct. But free? To a certain degree she was free indeed, but she didn't consider herself to be entirely free from every kind of power and might. For example, there was a group of elves living in Forlindon, and those weren't exactly always friendly to her. Their different views on life and peace might've been the reason for that. In that way she wasn't free, she had to be careful with everything she said and did. But she didn't mind, in fact, it brought an element of tension to her life and she definitely appreciated some kind of danger. Of course she also experienced this simply by living alone in the woods, there were lots of dangerous animals around. But she loved animals, and the dangerous ones were even more intriguing to her. Probably that was because she was attracted to adventure and danger.
At the moment she was on her way to the river to get some water. It was always important to drink enough, surviving without food was hard but surviving without water even more so, and dying certainly wasn't on her bucket list. At least not before she had seen the world. She had almost reached the river when a noise suddenly made her freeze and stop with walking. She wasn't sure about what she should do. She always carried a small sword on her back, and she was quite good with it. But fighting wasn't always the best choice, and she didn't even know what had caused the noise. So she quickly made a decision, and climbed into the tree next to her. She sat down on a big branch, and tried to detect any movement between the trees around her.

(Open)
Cesare Alderisi
Cesare Alderisi
Aantal berichten : 33
IC posts : 19

Character sheet
Residence : D'Auvignon

All good things are wild and free Empty Re: All good things are wild and free

zo okt 29, 2017 10:41 pm
SHOW ME THE WORLD // Cesare
In truth, Cesare would have been just as happy never to come back to his homeland. Though he had spent the first fourteen years of his life in Nymmerwell, he had few good memories of the place. He remembered, mostly, living alone with only his mother for company and the constant threats of the elves of Forlindon, who had despised Cesare’s mother for having birthed the child of a human and Cesare for his mixed parentage. After moving to D’Auvignon after his mother’s death and even after the many journeys he’d undertaken to improve his cartography, he had stayed far away from Nymmerwell.

But one of his clients had requested a map of the area and Cesare didn’t work by halves, so here he was, in an all too familiar forest in Nymmerwell. He had been travelling for most of the day, sketching landmarks as he went, and was looking for a place his horse could rest and drink. He knew there was a river nearby, so he led his horse along a narrow path until the river came into view. From the corner of his eye, he thought he saw a flash of movement, but when he turned to look around, he couldn’t see anything. Automatically, his hand went to his hip, where he had strapped a sword, just in case he ran into any trouble. Still, he didn’t draw it; he didn’t want to jump at shadows.

Instead, he led his horse to the water and patted the mare’s flank as she drank. His eyes scanned his surroundings, trying to pinpoint if anyone might be hiding in the shadows. He left his horse by the riverbank and cautiously walked several feet back into the forest, checking both the ground and the trees. He could practically feel eyes on his back. He stopped. “Whoever you are, you can come out,” he called out. “I’m not looking for trouble.” He wasn’t, but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t defend himself if trouble came looking for him.
Clara
Clara

Character sheet

ma okt 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Even high up in the tree she couldn't distinguish anything strange in her surroundings. But then a fairly familiair sound reached her pointy ears, and a little while later she saw exactly what she had expected to see. It was a horse, accompanied by it's owner. She watched him as he led his horse to the river, and tried to calm herself down. She was actually quite excited to see another person, since these woods were very large she rarely ever had any contact with something else than an animal. But that didn't mean she should just leap down without knowing his intentions, thus she continued to observe him safely from her branch. Apparently the man felt he was being watched, because he turned back to her direction and began to speak. “Whoever you are, you can come out, I’m not looking for trouble.” he said. She hesitated to immediately say anything back, maybe it was better to remain invisible for a little longer. But as always she couldn't restrain herself from saying anything. "Well that sounds lovely, but how can I be sure?" she replied, looking down with a smile. She was always smiling, though sometimes it was a sarcastic smile instead of a happy smile. And at the moment she was merely curious.
Cesare Alderisi
Cesare Alderisi

Character sheet

ma okt 30, 2017 9:59 pm
For a few moments, it seemed as if no one would respond, the silence lengthening. All the while, Cesare’s eyes kept scanning his surroundings. Before long though, a voice broke through the silence, coming from somewhere above him. “Well that sounds lovely, but how can I be sure?” said the voice, obviously belonging to a woman. Cesare directed his gaze to where the voice had come from and came face to face with a young woman. Her pointed ears stood out, immediately recognisable, putting Cesare on alert. During the years he had lived here, his experiences with any elves other than his mother hadn’t been positive, and they had made him understandably wary. But the woman didn’t seem to have any ill intentions – she was smiling and there seemed to be a certain curiosity to her expression.

So Cesare decided to take a chance, figuring he could always make a grab for his sword in case she did wish him warm. He held up his hands and flashed her what he hoped was a reassuring smile. “I might say the same to you,” he told her. “From where I’m standing, you have the advantage. You could be on me before I ever had the chance to draw my sword.” The words rang almost uncomfortably true. “Or,” he added hopefully, “you could come down and we could both keep our weapons to ourselves.” By now, his neck had started to hurt from the awkward angle of looking up, but he kept looking at her, hands still raised so she could see them. He didn’t want to give her any reason to doubt he wasn’t looking for a fight.
Clara
Clara

Character sheet

di okt 31, 2017 10:43 pm

She listened patiently to his words, while he held up his hands in the air. Maybe it was safe now to assume that he truly didn't have any bad intentions, though she was still wary. After all the man could still reach to his weapon when she wasn't paying attention, and she didn't want to be surprised. Well, at least not in that way. "You could come down and we could both keep our weapons to ourselves.” She realized now that it probably wasn't very comfortable for him to keep looking up the entire time. Not that she was concerned about him and his neck, well, she shouldn't be. However, she was still quite intrigued by this man and since there was no reason for a fight, she quickly made a decision. She tilted her head a little and nodded slowly, as if she was considering the options. "Okay," she said suddenly with a smile, and leaped elegantly down. She looked at him with a certain curiosity in her eyes. "So, what brings you here sir?" it was a quite simple question, but she was actually very interested in the answer because there was not really anything out here in this forest. So what was he doing here? She leaned against the tree behind her and crossed her arms, waiting for an answer.
Cesare Alderisi
Cesare Alderisi

Character sheet

wo nov 01, 2017 11:44 pm
The girl seemed to consider his proposal, as she tilted her head to the side and nodded thoughtfully several times. Cesare thought he could be reasonably sure she didn’t have any ill intentions – he probably wouldn’t still be standing here if she had – but she was taking her time deciding whether or not to come down. Suddenly, she flashed him a smile and was out of the tree and on the ground before Cesare could blink. He breathed a quiet sigh of relief; if she was able to move this quickly, he ought to be glad he didn’t have to meet her in combat.

Luckily, she seemed mostly curious about him, which Cesare could admit was mutual. She was the first elf aside from his mother he had come across who hadn’t looked at him with an expression of disgust. Perhaps she wasn’t from Forlindon to begin with, which would go a long way toward explaining her surprising behaviour. But Cesare wasn’t about to look a gift horse in the mouth, so when she asked him what had brought him to the forest, he patted the bag he had slung across one shoulder. A piece of parchment was sticking out through an opening at one of the corners – the rough outline of a map he had been working on while on the road. “I’m a cartographer,” he explained. “I was asked to make a map of the area.” He hesitated for a moment, solely because asking an elf what she was doing in the forest near her home was almost too absurd to contemplate, but he didn’t want to presume. “And you?” he said finally, inwardly cringing.
Clara
Clara

Character sheet

do nov 02, 2017 4:39 pm

He patted a bag that was slung across his shoulder, and she noticed that somethng was sticking out of it. Was that parchment? For what did he need parchment? She couldn't think of a reason for why someone would need it while travelling through a remote place like this. Unless he was an artist of some sort and wished to draw or paint some trees. "I'm a cartographer, I was asked to make a map of the area." Ah, that made sense. Actually, it made a whole lot of sense. In fact, it made more sense  than anything. Maybe.. okay, she had to stop with thinking about useless things. But cartographer... it was an interesting occupation, she had never met anyone like this before. She grinned when he asked what she was doing here. Seemed like a rhetorical question, her pointy elf ears were pretty obvious and she was close to her own home. "I live here." she said with a short giggle. "What's it like to be a cartographer? Have you been to a lot of different places?" she couldn't help herself, she was always curious about everything and especially the world. She actually hadn't seen much of the world yet, but she was planning on leaving. The forest had started to bore her, and the elves from Forlindon annoyed her. So yes, she wanted to leave, but not yet.
Cesare Alderisi
Cesare Alderisi

Character sheet

do nov 02, 2017 11:26 pm
Really, he could have guessed at the answer – had guessed at the answer, actually, which made him feel like even more of an idiot. To his relief, she didn’t seem to be laughing at him for it, instead latching onto his cartography and asking about it. Cesare thankfully grasped onto the escape. “I’m not sure how to describe it, actually,” he said, frowning; he was probably giving this too much thought. “Fulfilling, I suppose, but then it might not be that to anyone else. But it suits me.” He gave a small smile. “In theory, I’ve been in every part of the continent. But I haven’t seen everything there is to see. It depends on where my clients want me to go. Every trip, I discover something new.”

After he had finished speaking, he watched her. She seemed young and the fact that he had run into her here made him think it was unlikely she had ever left these woods before. He felt for her; he knew what he would be like if he didn’t have the opportunity to travel. “Is there any place you’d like to go?” he asked her. “Perhaps I’ve been there. I could tell you about it, if you like.” He glanced back toward the river when his horse gave a soft huff and only noticed now that the light was slowly fading. It would be dark in less than an hour. He looked back at the elf in front of him. “I have food to spare,” he offered, gesturing at his horse. “If you’d like some.” Luckily, he didn’t really have to worry about firewood; it was warm enough that he could easily last the night without it.
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Permissies van dit forum: