welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

On my knees - Pagina 23 Empty Re: On my knees

za jul 14, 2018 12:50 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO
when you’re still holding on

They had actually reached the safety of the Watch without any accidents happening. Quite the accomplishment for the vampire. He couldn’t help but feel a bit proud. For once, he hadn’t been completely useless and it was a great thought. He felt like he was finally a meaningful addition to her life. There wasn’t much he could do to prevent her from getting hurt, but he could take care of her when she was. If she allowed him, that was. For now, she didn’t really protest any suggestions he made. He had expected her to deny his offer of taking care of her horse, but she simply told Astral to behave and thanked him before she headed inside.

Mort softly guided Astral to the small field next to her house. He took off all her gear and rubbed her back dry with some straw that was lying around. After he was done, he patted her on her neck again. He had found some treats in the shed he had stashed her gear for now. A little reward for her good behaviour and taking them all the way here. She happily took the treats from the palm of his hand, munching away on it as he chuckled amused.

A few moments later, he was standing in the middle of the living room. Vampire speed, of course. Lexa was laying on the couch, eyes closed and clearly exhausted. No energy left. Same. It reminded him of his own thirst, but also that she hadn’t had any breakfast yet. ”How about I fix you something to eat?” He said, tilting his head slightly. He knew there were people coming over to clean her house when she was away. Surely, those would stash some food in the cupboards too, right?

Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

za jul 14, 2018 12:56 am
We pretend to see
truth in all these lies
While she hated the idea of seeming weak, she allowed herself to feel that way around Mort. Of course, only in moments where she was simply too tired to fight it. But, it was a pleasing thought to be able to just show how completely exhausted she felt. To be able to close her eyes and accept the help he offered, without fearing that she was failing as a Commander. He took care of her, like she would of him if there would ever be a reason to. Luckily, he was a vampire, so he could take care of himself, making her feel completely useless. Something she would have to get used to.

His voice came as a surprise, which was clear in her eyes when she opened them again. A soft chuckle sounded as she closed them again, before softly humming. “I can’t say no to that,” she admitted. Again, accepting his help. Something a part of her hated, yet there was this part that enjoyed how she felt safe around him. Mixed feelings, like she always seemed to have. The strong Commander versus the currently exhausted Lexa. And the exhaustion seemed to be a clear winner at this point, which caused her to actually accept his help.
@ mort • muse • notes:
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 1:07 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

In order for her to get better, she needed two things. Rest and food. Part one of that plan was already in action. She was actually down on the couch, her eyes closed. A pleasant surprise. He was glad she wasn’t pushing herself even more. The whole speech she had given, had been enough for today. From the beginning he had had his doubts about that, if it was actually a good idea to allow her to speak to her people. Though he couldn’t stop the Commander from doing what was best for them. So he had accepted it. And now, in return, she was accepting his help. ”I wouldn’t accept a no anyway”, He joked back, after which he disappeared into the other room, where the small kitchen was located.

After raiding the cabinets, he had actually managed to cook up a decent meal. When he was still human, his sire had dragged him to the kitchen countless times. Not only because he insisted on teaching him how to cook, but because it was a bonding moment between them. Edmund didn’t eat human food, but he took pride in coming up with new recipes. Mort being the lab bunny, who had to taste the experiments. This was a safe bet though. Two eggs, sunny side up, with small pieces of thinly sliced meat and a hunk of bread. With the plate in his hands, he walked back to the living room and placed it on the table in front of her. ”I’m not a chef like my sire is, but it’s something?” He said with a grin, after which he flopped down on the couch next to her.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 1:22 am
We pretend to see
truth in all these lies
Even as a child, the girl had learned to give only when she had taken. Even when she had accepted to be trained, it had always been in exchange for something. All she had ever received, was because she had offered something else. Even if it was small, she had always lived by the rules of Vanaheim. Care for each other. It was the way she accepted help. If she had something to offer them, there was no reason to feel bad about accepting the help. Like the Healer who had come earlier. He hadn’t helped her for her, but because she was the Commander. And to make sure he wouldn’t regret that decision, he had spoken to her people, made sure that no harm would have been done without reason. Whether it was the right reason, was something she would learn later.

After a bit, she sat back up again. Eating while lying down did not exactly work, after all. And she did not want to fall asleep before finishing the food, so it was the better option without doubt. Soon enough, Mort came back and she took the plate off the table, looking at it with a faint smile. “It smells good,” she told him with a smile, sighing softly before she took the first bite. It was at that point that she realized how hungry she was, swallowing the food quickly. “Tastes good too. He taught you how to cook?” Quite surprising, for a vampire.
@ mort • muse • notes:

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 1:45 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Being in the kitchen sent him down memory lane for sure. It was the first time he actually cooked since he had left his sire’s mansion. They used to cook a lot more, to give their blood dolls the best quality of food they could. It was part of the deal, after all. They lived a comfortable life, as promised. For him it was normal. A small effort as well, since he enjoyed it quite a lot. He found out he was still pretty decent at it too. Though he would rely on her judgement for that. Food didn’t.. Quite taste the same to him anymore, which was sad, really. Probably because it didn’t satisfy him like it used to.

She seemed to think otherwise though. He nodded at her question. ”Yeah, he did. He used to own a tavern at some point. It was also important I learned it because in my way of living, I am supposed to cook for the ones providing me of food”, He explained. Which was a method quite similar to how the people in Vanaheim lived, though in a whole other meaning. ”Besides, to him it was fun, and he liked it when I joined him in the kitchen”, He said with a warm smile. He was quite happy with it, as his skills proved useful in this situation as well.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 2:02 am
We pretend to see
truth in all these lies
Mort explained to her how he had cooked for the ones who provided him with food. Fair enough. For a vampire, he was such a good guy. It had always amused her, as she could be seen as the bad guy. In stories that would be told after her death, she wouldn’t be surprised if she would be made the villain. The Commander who tried to let the dangerous outsiders into their lands. If it led to a war, she would have been seen as the cause for it all. A thought she pushed away quickly, because if there was one thing she couldn’t use right now, it was pessimism. At this moment, there was nothing she could do. Her people needed to form an opinion.

Do you miss him?” Lexa asked, before taking another bite from her food. He seemed to have a good relationship with his sire, so it surprised her that he didn’t return to him. Though that, of course, had to do with the brother he loved so much. Kaz. The reminder that the bastard was the brother of the man she loved, made her question if the Mother wasn’t mocking her. Her mind got pulled away from the thought, however, when she heard a familiar sound in the hallway. She had wondered where the cat was.
@ mort • muse • notes:

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 3:10 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Talking about his sire made him recall his past. The good memories, but also the bad. Which was not really a surprise, if one took into account he had spent almost two decades with the elder vampire. Of course they had had their issues too. Discussions that had turned bad. Because he had been his father first, before he had become his sire. And, surprisingly, even Mort had gone through a rebellious puberty. Not fully acting out like others did, perhaps, but still. He had gotten on the nerves of his sire a couple of times for sure. Though all that was easily forgiven when they actually did pleasant activities together. Like he would have done with his real father, if he had had the chance.

“Do you miss him?” She asked, a question that wasn’t out of place, yet felt out of the blue to him. There was no hesitation when he answered though. ”Of course”, He replied. The vampire leaned back into the pillows as he sighed softly. ”He is my rock. He seems to always know exactly what to do in any kind of situation. I miss his guidance”, He admitted. ”But above all, I miss his company. I think you would like him as well. He’s a lot smarter than me”, He joked. At least she could have a true intellectual conversation with him, which she would probably enjoy, he guessed.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 6:55 pm
We pretend to see
truth in all these lies
It was all strange to her. The idea of having a true family. Her God was her Mother and her father… The closest she had to  one, was West. And even that wasn’t the same. While he sometimes seemed like a father to her, he was more of an older brother. The kind that looked out for his younger sister, killing everyone who had any bad intentions. Also completely missing the fact that she could very well take care of herself, probably better than he could by now. Not only because he had passed his best years, but also because she had been trained by multiple others too, giving her the chance to truly find her own way in battle.

Honestly? Lexa didn’t like a lot of people, so when Mort said he thought she’d like Edmund, she couldn’t help but smile. “He sounds nice,” she told him. Of course, Edmund was a special case. The man was dear to Mort, so she would try her very best if she ever were to meet him. Probably not, as she didn’t expect his sire to come to Fallen Skies in the coming years. By the time he did, she would probably not be alive anymore. Another saddening thought that she needed to push away. The exhaustion seemed to have opened a door to those. “West and Arawn have always been the closest I had,” she frowned. Neither of them was truly like Mort explained. Arawn was… mostly business. And West too, though he was more obvious in his goal to protect her, personally, rather than just any Commander.
@ mort • muse • notes:
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 7:16 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Naturally the young vampire had mentioned Lexa in his letters to his sire from time to time. Not going into too much detail though, yet he expected him to quickly figure out he was quite happy she had come into his life. Even though it would be for a short time only. A painful thought that had been the focus of the past few days. The memory of her lying on the table, wounded and bleeding out, was too fresh to his liking. The scream of pain had gone through marrow and bone, ripping his heart apart. She was human, therefore fragile. They were so easily killed by a wound that would only be a slight issue for a vampire like him. Yes, he would feel uncomfortable while it healed. And his thirst would get worse, as he would burn through a lot of energy because of it. But that would all be over very soon after.

“West and Arawn have always been the closest I had,” Lexa said with a frown. As to prove her wrong, at that exact moment, Saggitarius walked into the room, a soft purr audible. Mort couldn’t help but chuckle. The animal sure knew when to make an entrance. ”It’s hard, isn’t it? Losing your parents. Mine.. Died when I was six”, He said. The short pause had been a bit too obvious. ”I wonder how I would have turned out if I had been raised by them. I wouldn’t be a vampire, for sure. But how different would my personality be?” He continued, not really expecting an answer, as he had none either. He had thought about it countless times, but he could hardly imagine the impact it would have had on his life.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 7:30 pm
We pretend to see
truth in all these lies
I never really had them,” she told him with a soft shrug, after he said that it was hard to lose them. Saggitarius walked up to the couch and settled down next to it. Lexa took another bite of her food and decided to pat the cat on his head, who purred in excitement. It was probably partially why she had felt for the cat. Unlike her, he could have done nothing to survive when she found him. So, she had decided to take him with her. While originally the plan had been to let him go once he reached adulthood, she knew that was not a choice she could make. Not anymore. The cat was free, after all. He came back home all by himself. She couldn’t take that choice away from him.

I wonder,” she agreed with him, as he wondered how different he would be if raised by his parents. “Not just that. In a different land, too. I can’t imagine growing up in Rhoynar or Navarre,” she mentioned with a smile. Lexa, growing up as a rich girl? That was something interesting to think of. Never in her life had she worn a dress, so she couldn’t even imagine what that would look like. Where she was born and how her youth had been, had truly turned her into the woman she was now. If she had grown up somewhere else, she would have been a completely different person. Perhaps the same was true for Mort.
@ mort • muse • notes:
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 7:56 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Even though he barely remembered his parents, he knew they had always been there for him. After turning on his younger brother, they still had loved him for who he was. As parents were supposed to do. If they just had loved his brother the same, all the bad things that had happened might have never occurred. ”I’m sorry”, He said softly when she admitted she had never really known her parents. It must have been hard. Though she had survived, clearly. When Saggitarius sat down on the couch next to her, he throw a quick glare at the big cat. He was less scared of him now, for sure, yet he wouldn’t really started petting him like Lexa just did.

His comment had gotten her to the same train of thoughts. He listened to her words. It was indeed a determining factor. The place one was born, or even more so, raised, had a huge impact. ”I’m glad I am who I am though”, He said with a soft smile, looking at her sideways by turning his head slightly. ”It took me to where I am now. And I don’t think there is any other place in this world I would want to be but here by your side”, He continued. Cheesy? Absolutely. Did he mean it? Yes. A slight change in his past, and he might have never met her that day. A sad thought. Luckily it had turned out like this.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 8:24 pm
We pretend to see
truth in all these lies
Mort apologized, but Lexa only shrugged once more. “It’s easier when you have nothing to miss,” she stated. It was harder to miss something, than to not know any better. While her childhood had been rough, it had not been traumatizing like some others. It was only the Conclave. Other than that, she had led a pretty okay childhood. Not good, but… Things could have been a lot worse. She had pulled through and had been too busy surviving to feel sorry for herself. With the way Vanaheim worked, she had always had people caring for her, as long as she pulled her own weight. It had shaped her into the person she was today, had led to her being the Commander. Sometimes, she wondered if her father knew about her. And if so, if he would be proud. But in the end, it did not matter.

Mort stated the same thing she had thought, being glad that he was who he was. Softly she nodded, smiling lightly. “I am glad too,” she told him. He was a good person and with that, had gained her attention pretty quickly. While his past wasn’t the greatest, it had turned him into one of the most pure men she had ever met. And that was something so precious. Like the words he spoke, causing her to meet his gaze with a smile. She put the plate on the table and sat back on the couch, causing the cat to make its way toward his usual spot on one of the pelts next to the fireplace again. “I couldn’t agree more,” she decided to say. Not fully true, as there were many things she would have love differently. Especially with how she questioned her faith and goals recently. But, those were thoughts that did not need to ruin this moment.
@ mort • muse • notes:
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 8:46 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

“It’s easier when you have nothing to miss,” Was her reply. He nodded slowly. He could see where that was coming from. If she simply didn’t know any better, it was logical that she didn’t really miss her parents. Though it was one of the most basic feelings. The love of a parent towards their child, and the other way around. It was hard to imagine there were people out there who didn’t know how that felt. Who had no idea how deep that connection could really go. He hadn’t experienced it with his parents, but with his sire. He had only been six years old when the vampire had offered him a place in his household. Raising him as a son, with the same patience and love a father would have towards his own blood. ”I guess so”, He said softly. At least she wasn’t sad about it, right?

The words he spoke out loud only made him feel more sure about the truth they held. Even though his life was not ideal, at least he was not unhappy. There was room for improvement for sure, but he would get there eventually. When she sat back on the couch, he moved his body slightly so it was touching hers. He carefully wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer. The burning feeling in his throat was not really comfortable, but he wanted to enjoy her touch for as long as he still could. ”Can you believe we only met two months ago? I feel like I know so much about you, but then I don’t even know what your favourite colour is. Or how old you are”, He chuckled. Their relationship was a weird one for sure. As if they had thrown all the rules overboard and made their own. Which was not a bad thing, at least not according to him.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 8:58 pm
We pretend to see
truth in all these lies
Sitting here with his arm around her, gently leaning against him, she truly felt at home. It was strange how someone who was supposed to be a top predator could make her feel that way. Not that it ever bothered her. She tried to keep it in mind and try not to trigger any of his instincts, especially now that she couldn’t help him out, but there was no part of her that ever saw him as a monster. He could probably attack her and she would smile it off, tell him that it was an accident and that it wouldn’t happen again. She always tried to see the good in people, yet kept in mind that no one was truly good. That it was in their nature not to be. That way, she wouldn’t be surprised if anything happened. Disappointed, but not surprised. ”Use the same meme twice in 24h” achievement unlocked.

Mort was right. While they knew a lot of personal things about eachother, there were a lot of things they didn’t know, simply because they had dived straight in the moment they met. They shared their darkest parts with each other. Never had she told an outsider about the Conclave like she had told him, but it had definitely been a good thing for their relationship. Leading to them being in a weird position now, however. She chuckled and bit her lip for a second. “Green,” she answered. “And I’m twenty two,” she followed, before falling quiet for a moment. “Favorite animal is,” she went on, as her eye fell upon Saggitarius for a second, “a cat, probably.
@ mort • muse • notes:
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 9:12 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

The way his sire had raised him, gave him a certain control over the monster. He was not old, not in vampire terms, but he had more grip on his instincts than any other vampire his age would have if he had been raised to hunt. He had never gave in to that urge. Always had tried to be gentle. He had failed a couple of times, yes. But that had been unavoidable. He had never felt the satisfaction that was linked to truly hunting a prey. It was as she said, as long as he didn’t know what he was missing out on, he would never struggle harder than he was doing now. To him, it also didn’t feel as if there was an emptiness when he tamed the monster and locked it up in a corner deep down and far away. Her heartbeat was tempting, yes. He knew what she had to offer as well, though it would never cross his mind to take it without her consent.

So he was perfectly able to keep the conversation going. Asking about very trivial facts. He knew about a lot of things that bothered her, or had made her past what it was. Dark stories of bloodshed and violence. Now, he found out about her favourite colour. Her favourite animal. The little things that were as important as the bagage she was carrying. ”First of all, that is not a cat”, He pointed out, nodding at Saggitarius. He was.. Too big for that. ”And you’re only twenty two? I can’t believe I’m older than you”, He chuckled. Though physically, he was one year behind. ”I’m twenty five, though I was turned when I was twenty one”, He continued. He had been a vampire for four years now. How the time could fly..

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: