welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

On my knees - Pagina 22 Empty Re: On my knees

ma jul 09, 2018 1:33 am
We pretend to see
truth in all these lies
It was very unlike the Commander to let another person take care of everything, even if this person was Mort. While she leaned against the wall, she felt restless. Her eyes followed Mort in every move he made, carefully watching as Astral let him do what he needed to do. Normally, the Commander would have done this without even giving the vampire the chance to help out. Astral was her horse and had been so for as long as she could remember, so she could do everything swiftly without even needing to watch her response to what she was doing. The horse trusted her as much as she trusted her, so at this point it was mindless business. Or perhaps she had just learned how to pay attention only to the things that needed to be paid attention to. No matter what, she loved having something to do while her thoughts trailed off somewhere. Instead of standing here, feeling her nerves tingle as she watched Mort do all the work.

His voice managed to put the smile back on her face, however. He grinned at her and she laughed shortly, shaking her head. “What can I say,” she told him, “I raised her well.” Astral had always had a personality to laugh about, though the horse had stopped bullying her owner for the most part. After a few years together, she knew exactly what she could and couldn’t do. As soon as a stranger tried, however, the horse seemed to fall back into her own ways, testing them. Lexa wondered if the animal would be able to get used to a new owner if she died before the animal did. Though she knew the horse was one of the best around, therefore probably being worth the effort to bond with.
@ mort • muse • notes:
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

ma jul 09, 2018 1:46 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO
when you’re still holding on

It was clear Astral had a whole different personality than Scourge. Where the stallion had let him put on the gear without causing any trouble, Astral was testing him a bit. It was better this way than the other way around though, he figured. He rather had the horse bully him a bit when he was still standing on the ground. He was pretty sure she wouldn’t act up once they were actually riding. Especially not when the horse would realise Lexa was coming along as well. She wouldn’t risk her owner getting hurt, right? Though the vampire knew he would have to be careful, paying attention to any signs she was getting nervous or whatever could trigger a horse to make unexpected moves.

Lexa seemingly thought it was an amusing sight, how he struggled to make Astral hold her head still. He joined her in her laughter fairly quick. ”Apparently”, He agreed. Eventually though, she was done, for the most part. It took him a few more minutes, much longer than the Commander would take, but they were ready to go. He made sure to check the straps one more time before he effortlessly mounted the horse. He patted her on her neck a couple of times, as a reward. Afterwards, he encouraged her to walk over to Lexa. He reached his hand down, to help her get up as well. Normally she would be capable of doing so herself, he figured, but this time.. Well, the situation was a bit different.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

ma jul 09, 2018 2:05 am
We pretend to see
truth in all these lies
Somewhere, deep inside, the woman had always been attracted to everything that forced her to fight. The first horse she ever got was Astral, who had been a total fucking pain in the ass, but she had managed to get the animal to calm down and listen to her. The first pet she got herself was a damned Mountain Lion, who now showed signs of true predatory behavior. She wasn’t sure if she could keep the cat forever, but she wasn’t planning on letting it go without a fight ever. While her own life was going to be so much shorter than anyone elses, she fell in love with someone who had eternity to spend. A vampire. Someone she shouldn’t even get close to according to her people. So, she fought to change their minds. Because the more she saw of the outside world, the more she realized it was worth fighting for. It was worth seeing. While she’d never get a child herself, she wanted the children of her people to be able to explore that outside world instead of fearing it.

A smile appeared on her face again when Mort reached out to her. Exactly as she had done. Clearly less flexible than usual, she managed to get herself up the horse with his help, groaning softly as she changed position until she sat as comfortable as possible. “No need to hurry,” she whispered, wrapping her arms around his waist and carefully placing her cheek against his back. A position she could absolutely get used to. “We wouldn’t want to fall off, after all,” she joked, smiling as she remembered how their little trip to the temple had gone. It felt like centuries ago, yet…
@ mort • muse • notes:

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

ma jul 09, 2018 10:58 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Because they would ride together, he had switched the saddle for a simple wool blanket. Bareback riding would be a challenge, as he had never really practised it. Luckily his enhanced abilities gave him a lot more balance than he would have had when he was still human. He had slightly gotten used to it as well, but he had had Lexa to cling to then. Now he would be the one sitting in the front. Though he was confident he could pull this off. When Astral started walking, he repositioned himself a little bit. By the time they stopped in front of the Commander, he knew he probably wouldn’t fall. Unless she started acting up again. But that was a problem he would have to solve when it happened, and of course he hoped it wouldn’t.

When she groaned in pain, he bit down on his tongue softly. He didn’t like that sound, at all. Eventually she was sitting somewhat comfortably. The vampire hummed, more a vibration through his body than an actual sound, when she told him not to hurry. It quickly turned into a chuckle when she joked around a bit. ”I agree”, He said with a nod, after which he gave the signal to Astral to start moving again. By now he was familiar with her pace, so he actually managed to sit still.

They made their way past the gate fairly quick, as the Heart wasn’t that big. Once out in the forest, he picked up the tempo just a little bit. ”Did you know my sire owned a race horse?” He mentioned out of the blue. ”He didn’t ride it himself often, at least not to train him. He paid a professional rider for that, but sometimes he would take him out himself. It was so fast, taking of as an arrow when he left the grounds. It didn’t take him long to disappear in the distance”, He recalled. Just barely a dot on the horizon, in the blink of an eye. It was truly remarkable.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

ma jul 09, 2018 11:38 am
We pretend to see
truth in all these lies
It wasn’t hard to just seem tired and exhausted, leaning against the vampire as they made their way out the gates. The words West had spoken still echoed in her brain, causing the corners of her mouth to pull up a little again. A part of her wondered what he would do when the next Commander came to be. Would the man stay loyal to the cause, or would he go back to the job he had once had, before she had come around? While she knew he would have made a good Commander, she was glad he never came to be one. For he would have never lived to his current age if he had. A Commander over thirty would be cause for celebration, as it would have been the very first. About eighty commanders had passed since the first and there had not been many, if any, who made it past twenty five.

A race horse? The Commander couldn’t help but frown at the thought, trying to imagine what he meant. Racing each other to the location you had to go to, sure, but… You wouldn’t breed a horse for that, right? “A race horse?” she asked, clearly not quite getting the idea of it. “Why breed a horse for… racing?” she followed. While of course, a horse needed to be quick, stamina in the end was the most important. Especially when you needed speed, you’d very rarely only be running for ten minutes or so. The horse needed to be capable of keeping up the speed for as long as possible.
@ mort • muse • notes:
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

ma jul 09, 2018 8:12 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

It was pretty clear she was exhausted, as she was leaning against him, her arms firmly around his waist. He was worried she would fall asleep without him noticing, because he had his back towards her. He could keep his attention on her heartbeat, to intercept if she was dozing away. Though that was a bit harder, considering it also triggered his thirst further. In a couple of days, the sound of it would be more unbearable. For now, he decided not to pay attention to it too much. That meant though, he had to find other ways to keep her awake. Or to at least check if she was still with him or not. So he told her a random story, partly related to the moment because the ride reminded him of it in a way.

“A race horse?” She echoed, confusion lacing her voice. “Why breed a horse for… racing?” She continued. The vampire laughed amused. ”For gold, of course. Have you never seen a race track? They let them run a few laps, mainly short distances. The people that come to watch bet on who they think will come first, second, and so on”, He explained. ”Breeders pay a lot of gold to cross the bloodlines of the fastest horses”, He continued. If they had famous ancestors, those horses could be sold for huge amounts as well. ”For my sire, and a lot of other people, it’s leisure”, He shrugged lightly. He didn’t quite get what excited him so much about it, but he seemed to have fun, so why would he judge?

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

di jul 10, 2018 12:23 am
We pretend to see
truth in all these lies
Gold. How could it ever be something else? Without interrupting, she let Mort explain exactly what these outsiders did for fun. Watching other people ride a horse? It made no sense to the Commander, whatsoever. Riding a horse yourself could be fun, of course. And racing another person while riding to a destination could be fun, by lack of having anything better to do. But watching other people literally sit on a horse and run in… laps? Which were perhaps just very big circles? That sounded like the worst waste of time. Something these outsiders seemed to enjoy. Throw a gold coin between a bunch of lions and there would be one stupid enough to try and grab it, while the rest of the population watched eagerly. As if there wasn’t enough harm in the world to begin with.

What’s with people and gold?” she sighed, after letting it sink in for a while. “Sometimes I feel like it is all they live for.” And that was one of the reasons she had decided to avoid the outside world, before her curiosity had won. People became dangerous when it came to gold. Like how Kaz had lost his life over it, as he had been stupid enough to betray her for coin. Something her people would, hopefully, never start doing.
@ mort • muse • notes:

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

di jul 10, 2018 1:05 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Edmund had never taken him to the racetrack. Because he had been too young to understand what they were doing there, or so his sire had claimed. The whole environment was probably not meant for children anyway. And later, he had lost his interest in it. The elder just had too much gold, so to him it didn’t matter what he won or lost in the bets. He was not really materialistic, and Mort himself wasn’t either. To him gold meant as much as any other object. The only thing he had ever paid with, was his life. His mortal one, that was. Freeing himself of the debt he was in. One that couldn’t be redeemed with any amount of gold in the world.

“What’s with people and gold?” She sighed after a long silence, pulling him out of his thoughts again. “Sometimes I feel like it is all they live for.” She continued. ”I guess some people do”, He replied. ”I think in that situation it adds to the excitement?” He then guessed. He didn’t get it either. But if his sire enjoyed himself at the races, then who was he to judge?

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

di jul 10, 2018 1:27 am
We pretend to see
truth in all these lies
If Kaz hadn’t decided to run away with the money, life would have been so much easier. How much better would it have been if she had been able to meet the brother of the man she loved, only to discover he had actually been a trustworthy man, rather than one driven by greed, who couldn’t even care about anything as she was about to drive her spear through his flesh? He had been obnoxious until the moment she had been about to end it. And she knew he wouldn’t have survived if it hadn’t been for Mort, so the boy would have actually been obnoxious until the very end. Great.

Pulled back into reality as he spoke, she wrapped her arms somewhat tighter around his waist. Softly humming, she couldn’t help but smile. “One of the things I do not want to bring into these lands,” she admitted calmly, biting her lip for a second as she fell quiet. “I think my people are better off without the endless hunger for coin.” This way, they were forced to help each other. To all do something that was useful to the community. No one was born into riches. The son of a smith was probably going to become a smith, but that still meant he’d have to work for it. And if he was bad, he was better off finding something else to do.
@ mort • muse • notes:

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

di jul 10, 2018 2:06 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

The both of them seemed lost in thought for a while. There was no other sound than the hooves of the horse on the earth and the standard noise you would hear in the forest. They were both in completely other worlds right now. His mind dwelled to his past again, where it shouldn’t be. He just couldn’t help it. Especially with the monster creeping closer every day, slowly pushing him more towards the urge to hunt. It was a not so gentle reminder of what he was, and how he had become to be this way. He had so many great memories about his sire, but one stood out no matter what. The fact that he had turned him, because he had a debt to pay. A debt that he hadn’t lost over the years. He knew Edmund loved him like his own son, yet it hadn’t been enough for the elder to just let him go without cursing him.

Luckily she could easily pull his focus back to her. Only by her voice and the firmer grip on his body. ”I agree”, He nodded. ”Trading is much better”, He said. A grin formed around his lips, one she couldn’t see. ”Like how I paid for your services last time”, He joked, a teasing tone lacing his voice. A chuckle escaped when he reminded that night. Sometimes.. Recalling the past wasn’t all that bad.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

di jul 10, 2018 2:25 am
We pretend to see
truth in all these lies
Money. Outside of Vanaheim, it seemed to be what the world revolved around. Coin was worth everything. People went to war for gold, would kill for it if given the chance. Kings and even kingdoms fell for nothing more than the greed of others, or their own. A miserable thought and one of the very few things that truly sickened her about the outside world. It seemed like they had forgotten how to care for eachother. All they saw was this coin, this… thing that could buy them all they wanted. Women selling their bodies for it, men ending lives for the promise of it. Gold was what would end their species, she was sure of it.

Like how he paid for her services last time. Lexa took a deep breath in, for a second opening her mouth as if she were to say something, but closing it soon enough. Her heart felt like it skipped a beat as it quickened its pace, her cheeks taking this soft, red color. “There is plenty you can buy like that,” she whispered to him, smiling wide. He was unable to see her facial expression, so there was no reason to try and keep a straight face as she thought back to his payment. They sure had a way of turning everything in a complete mess. And what a lovely mess it was.
@ mort • muse • notes:
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

di jul 10, 2018 9:32 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

They had made a lot of memories in a short time. Thinking back on them only put that in a perspective where it was even more emphasized. They had moved fast, but neither of them could have ever stopped it. It was just how it had developed. To him it felt natural, the logical path to take. If he was sure about one thing, it was this. How could he not be? Especially after watching her get wounded so badly. The panic and sadness he had felt at the thought of losing her. Because when it happened right in front of his eyes, that fear was more real. When they were together, all things that would normally keep two people apart, faded away. Their problems simply didn’t matter anymore.

Because he loved her enough to just make it work. For the short time they had, he wanted to give her his heart and gladly let her break it when she would eventually die. It was worth it. Listening to her heart skip a beat and pacing up right afterwards was one of those little things he enjoyed so much. Even if it meant teasing her a bit to provoke it. “There is plenty you can buy like that,” She whispered, amusement in her tone. Mort didn’t react verbally at first, but he shortly placed his hand on hers, enjoying her warmth for a second. ”First you need to recover”, He said, which she probably knew herself already. Otherwise they wouldn’t be going to the Watch, would they?

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo jul 11, 2018 3:05 am
We pretend to see
truth in all these lies
He seemed to be able to control the horse properly this time, or at least for now. While she doubted Astral would put her in any kind of danger, one wrong move from Mort could lead the horse to make a jump, causing them both to fall down. An interesting scenario, for sure, had it not been that she was just healed and wasn’t in any kind of physical state to be able to save herself from the fall. The thought of breaking an arm and facing the Healer’s wrath actually scared her.

First she needed to recover. With a slight smile, she tightened the grip around his waist. “I know,” she told him softly. “But there will be a next time.” Even if he had to leave soon, she knew their paths would cross again. While they both had their own, busy, lives, there would eventually be a time and place where they could allow themselves to drop the lives they had, making room for eachother. Like she had tried to do these past days, showing him what life with her could be like. Something that hadn’t worked out as positively as she had hoped, but at least he knew what he was getting himself into.
@ mort • muse • notes:

Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo jul 11, 2018 3:35 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

In all honesty, he could get used to this. Just the two of them, out in nature, talking about anything they wanted to. It didn’t really matter who actually held the reins, as long as they were together, he was happy. There was only one thing about the situation that could use some improvement, and it was that she was still hurt. He had to pay close attention to both Astral and her, in order to keep her safe. If she fell down now, it would only get much worse and he wanted to prevent that at all cost. Luckily the horse seemed pretty at ease, used to the route they were taking. There were no other bigger animals around, or at least not as far as he could hear. Only smaller ones, though that didn’t mean anything. Scourge had thrown him off because he had been scared by a stupid squirrel. Same though Scourge, same.

There would be a next time. ”I sure hope so”, He said with a soft sigh. The last couple of days had made him realise how short their time together might actually be. For now it was pretty safe, as he could already see the walls of the village up ahead. There would not be much going wrong here, but one never knew for sure with her. Once they reached the house, he waited for her to get off before jumping down as well. ”I’ll take care of Astral, you go get comfortable inside”, He said with a warm smile. He would join her soon after, so they could finally relax for a bit.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

za jul 14, 2018 12:13 am
We pretend to see
truth in all these lies
By leaning against Astral, she made sure she didn’t stumble and fall once her feet hit the ground. While it was not as smooth as it could have been, she still felt quite pleased at the fact that she was standing straight. A soft smile was thrown in Mort’s direction when he told her he would take care of Astral. Gently, she placed her hand on the horse. “Be nice to him,” she whispered to the mare, who hopefully would do exactly as she asked, even if she didn’t understand. “Thanks,” she then spoke softly to Mort, before making her way to the door. Normally, she would have fought the idea of this, not liking the idea of sitting still while he did any kind of work. But, sitting down on something that didn’t move sounded like a good idea right now.

The Commander immediately found her way to the couch, sitting down and letting out a deep sigh as she leaned back, closing her eyes. While she loved the Heart, she could never truly be at rest there like she could be in the Watch. There were always people around, always tasks to be done. While here, especially with Mort close, she felt… at home. Alone. No one would disturb them here unless absolutely necessary. A lovely thought, even more so with the way she was feeling right now.
@ mort • muse • notes:

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: