welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

On my knees - Pagina 15 Empty Re: On my knees

di jun 05, 2018 7:35 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO
when you’re still holding on

Even though he didn’t sleep anymore, his brain went in low active mode when he laid down. Especially when there were no thoughts to bother him. He didn’t quite rest like yesterday, but at least his thoughts were silent. He was pretty sure it was thanks to her. In the same way as she hushed the monster, she made the worries go away too. The night went by faster than usual. Even if he spent it in bed. Normally he would try a million things to keep himself busy. Especially at night. It was the time he enjoyed most. No sun, not a lot of people, peace and quiet. Staying busy 24/7 was a challenge though. So he was kind of happy to spend another night next to her, just watching her sleep.

Though that didn’t last either. It was still dark outside when everything changed. Suddenly he could hear her heartbeat raise again, as adrenaline and panic took control over her body. Sadly his brain needed to start up too, so he was too late to keep her from sitting up. As soon as she hit the pillow, the vampire pushed himself up. ”Lexa?” He said softly, a questioning tone in his voice. He could guess what was going on though. He placed his hand on her upper arm, cool skin against hers. ”It’s okay, you’re safe”, He continued, hoping to reassure her with his voice and touch.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:24 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

di jun 05, 2018 2:14 pm
We're standing face-to-face
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
A deep sigh sounded, as the Commander looked at the vampire. “Thanks,” she told him softly, clenching her teeth together again, falling quiet for a bit. She barely felt the wound on her arm, but the one on her side seemed to sting even more after the sudden movement. A part of her wondered what it would look like underneath the bandages, the other part did not want to know at all. Because, now she couldn’t see it. If she bit through the pain, she could pretend it was healing fine. That she could indeed stand up and be the Commander her people needed her to be. Even if it wasn’t what Mort wanted her to do.

Just forgot the pain was real,” she acknowledged eventually. Shooting up hadn’t quite been on purpose. Sadly, sleeping people weren’t known to be the wisest. “Did you get any rest?” Her usual strat: find a new subject to talk about. Because there were so many subjects in the world that ignored the fact that she was absolutely not going to rest in this bed today.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

di jun 05, 2018 2:42 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

His actions luckily calmed her down. He wouldn’t want her to hurt herself even more in her uncontrolled movements. Though it seemed like it was already too late. Her face got that same expression again, where she was obviously struggling with the immense pain. The vampire bit his tongue, partly to prevent himself from making a comment. There was no way she would be able to sit up on her throne later. She knew that right? Oh she probably knew. But she wouldn’t act on it, he was quite sure of that. She would push herself to get out there and speak to her people without thinking about her own health.

“Just forgot the pain was real,” She admitted. Mort sighed softly, but again he didn’t say a word about it. ”Is it any better than yesterday?” He decided to ask instead. It didn’t seem like it. But he had to know regardless. On her question, he slightly shrugged. ”My thoughts were quiet, so that counts”, He said with a faint smile. Sadly, he had no more energy than yesterday. On the contrary. The thirst was worse, and he felt a bit more drained too. Nothing too bad though. Not yet.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

di jun 05, 2018 8:30 pm
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
Sacrifices had to be made. She would heal. Going out there and talking to her people would hurt, but it would give them the courage they needed to take steps onto this new path she needed them to try. It would be worth the pain. It had to happen. And she knew that Mort did not agree. She wouldn’t have let him out of a bed if he had been hurt. Luckily, with the whole vampire-business, that was highly unlikely to happen.

Mort asked if it was any better, causing her to frown. “It isn’t worse,” she responded. Better? Not really. But, it not being worse was a good sign. Eventually the pain would calm down and it would start healing, which wasn’t the greatest feeling either, but she would live. And in a while, all that would be left was a brand new scar. “I’m glad,” she responded softly when he told her his thoughts were quiet. A sigh left her mouth as she noticed that he didn’t look too well. “Are you okay?

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

di jun 05, 2018 8:50 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

If there was anything he was looking forward to, it was being able to function longer without blood as he aged. His sire, who was some centuries old, only had to feed once every two weeks. It mostly depended on how active he was. Mort yearned for that. He wouldn’t have to hurt as much people as he did now. On the other side, it wasn’t as if it would ever mean something to them as a couple. By the time he was at that level, she would probably have passed away already. Sad thoughts. Hadn’t he just said that his thoughts had been quiet? Well, they sure were awake now. So he tried to focus on something else. Not the easiest task, as he could literally feel how his energy level had dropped compared to last night. And he hadn’t even done anything but lay beside her.

“Are you okay?” She asked. The vampire forced a smile around his lips. ”As okay as I can be, yes”, He replied. He stretched out his hand and placed it carefully on her cheek, running his thumb across her jaw. ”It’s fine, I promise. Longest I’ve gone without is two weeks. It wasn’t fun but I uuh.. Lived through that”, He said, chuckling because of his own expression. Suddenly, the vampire was startled by the sound of a knock. No heartbeat, no footsteps, nothing to announce someone was coming. Just a knock. In the blink of an eye he got up, moving himself to the chair next to her bed, looking as innocent as possible while Lexa called whoever was on the other side in.

Apollo
Apollo
Aantal berichten : 42
IC posts : 41

Character sheet
Residence : Mother's Mountains

di jun 05, 2018 8:50 pm

NE CHERCHEZ PLUS MON COEUR
des monstres l'ont mangé

It had been a while since the Healer had travelled down the mountain to Mother’s Heart. He couldn’t really remember the last time. Luckily he sure knew where to find it. These mountains had no secrets for him. Whatever happened, the Guardians knew, as it was their job. It was also his duty to support the current Commander of Vanaheim. That’s why he was making his way to the Heart in the early hours of the morning. Word had gotten to him that she was hurt, badly. So naturally, he had to react appropriately. Apollo was carrying his bow on his back, along with a quiver of arrows on his side. On his other side, he had strapped a sword. Around his chest there was one more belt with a smaller blade. His face was painted white. He was here for business and he wouldn’t accept a no for an answer.

Perhaps it was the weapons, or how he carried himself, or how he had spoken to the guards. Either way, he was brought to the throne room. A small hallway brought him to the room the Commander was resting in. With a firm knock on it he announced his presence, after which he waited for the sign he could enter. To his surprise, and at the same time not really, the cursed one was in there too. Minerva had had the honour of meeting him at the Temple. The Healer pulled up a brow. ”Get lost, cursed one”, He said, an impatient hiss. When the young one made his way past him, he stared at him until the door was shut again.

After that, he turned towards the woman on the bed. The male bowed to her respectfully. ”Commander”, He greeted her. ”I have heard you were wounded badly in battle. The Mother blessed you with victory and once more She will show her trust in you”, He continued. ”I am here to heal you, so you can lead your people as is fit for a Commander chosen by Her”, He announced. He didn’t quite ask her. As said, he wouldn’t accept a no for an answer.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

di jun 05, 2018 9:07 pm
with our own human race
A smile managed to crawl on her face as he placed his hand on her cheek. Never would his cold touch fail to calm her down, reassure her that everything was fine. He told her that he had gone without feeding for two weeks before, causing her two frown. “Just don’t push yourself, okay?” she asked. If there was something she wouldn’t forgive herself for, it was making him more uncomfortable. They already struggled enough with their lives. It didn’t need to get harder than it already was.

The knock wasn’t someone she knew. Simply because the door didn’t instantly open. Arawn would have barged in and put 21 knives, 8 arrows and 6 bullets (which she would personally invent) into the vampire’s body before reading Lexa a bible-length complaint on how she had fucked up and needed to do better. West had a different knock, one she would recognize between a hundred others by now. He knocked thrice, then seemed to reconsider disturbing the Commander, after which he knocked once more, as if he regained his confidence. This was different. “Come in,” she immediately said, wondering who it could be. The door opened and the mountain man stood there, causing Lexa to frown. What the hell was he doing here? When he told the cursed one to get lost, she wanted to protest, until Mort just walked off. He just left her. He just walked out the door without saying a word. At a loss for her own, she pulled up a brow. What?

The Mountain Man turned towards her again, telling her that he had heard she was wounded. News sure traveled fast, didn’t it? His words after caused her to frown. He was here to heal? “Why do I feel like you won’t take no for an answer?” she sighed softly, shaking her head. Mort just left. What an absolute idiot he was. Who decided to leave the harmed commander alone with a stranger covered in warpaint?

NOTES, none
TAGS, Apollo
Apollo
Apollo

Character sheet

di jun 05, 2018 9:25 pm

des monstres l'ont mangé

The Grounders needed a strong leader. It wasn’t the first time he had come down to heal certain Commanders that had been wounded so badly they were at risk of losing their rank. It didn’t happen often though. But for her, it was too soon. They hadn’t checked her chosen Second yet, and they had to make sure her successor would be fit to command. That’s why he was here this morning. He wouldn’t stay for too long. He would probably be out by the time the sun started rising. Because he didn’t expect, or tolerate, any protest. Not from the young vampire that bolted out the door as soon as he hissed at him. The other was probably too impressed by his appearance. It was so obvious he was an outsider. No one else would be scared by his war paint.

Not from the Commander herself either. She sighed after his words. “Why do I feel like you won’t take no for an answer?” Her words brought a faint smile to his lips. ”Because I won’t”, He said with a nod. The Healer stepped closer, pulling away the many furs that were covering her. Immediately he could feel the heat radiating off her side. It was wrapped in bandages. His trained eye could see it was a proper, thorough job. But it had to go in order for him to do his. So he pulled the smaller knife out of the belt around his chest. ”I will cut the bandages”, He informed her, before she thought he was here to harm her.

With a few slices, the cloth was gone, revealing the wound to him. It was bad. Burned with a heated blade. Barbaric. Amateurish. Apollo sheathed his knife again. ”This will take some time”, He mentioned, before gently putting his hands on both sides of the wound. Working from the outside to the center, making sure that all layers of her skin were properly healing. It took patience and focus, so for the time being, he kept his pale blue eyes on what he was doing without saying a word.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

di jun 05, 2018 9:38 pm
with our own human race
There was something intimidating about the man. It wasn’t his warpaint, nor the weapons he held. She knew he wasn’t here to hurt her, so those didn’t have any effect on her. He wasn’t the first to walk around like that and he wouldn’t be the last. It was this aura around him, just this sheer feeling he gave her. His eyes, the way he moved and his manner of speech. It was like he was a walking secret, like there was something about him that she couldn’t quite grasp. A secret she yearned to know, yet one she feared to learn.

He wasn’t taking no for an answer, as expected. He pulled away the furs and the Commander sighed for a second. She was considering herself lucky to not be shy about her body, because she would have developed some serious issues if everyone kept revealing her stomach to them. He told her he was going to cut the bandages and she hummed softly, placing her head back in the pillow and closing her eyes. Happy thoughts, Lexa. Happy thoughts. Like Mort. Who left. What an arse.

The pressure came from the wound and she took a deep breath in when she felt the cold air around the wound. It wasn’t great. Couldn’t he just let it be? It was when his cold hands touched her skin, that she completely froze (they weren’t thát cold, Lexa). “Your touch is cold,” she noted calmly. She opened her eyes, looking at him with a frown. The temperature of his touch was too familiar. Yet, this man wasn’t cursed.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Apollo
Apollo
Apollo

Character sheet

di jun 05, 2018 9:50 pm

des monstres l'ont mangé

With wounds like this one, it was important to pay attention to the depth of the wound as well. He could see why they had decided to scorch it. He guessed whatever weapon had caused this, had hit some important veins, causing heavy bleeding. With no time to sew it shut, and no healer like him available, it was the most logical way to stop it before it got so bad she would die. It would take him some time to fix it thoroughly. Healing the top layer wouldn’t be sufficient enough. When he put his hands on her skin, he noticed how her body tensed up. His cold touch mixed with the heat of the burn was probably not the most pleasant.

Now he could kind of feel the damage that had been done on the inside too. It wasn’t as bad as it looked on the outside. Good. “Your touch is cold,” She said. The Healer turned his gaze towards her for a second, before looking back at the wound. ”Are you surprised? You have a second degree burn on your side”, He replied without twitching a muscle. Probably not the answer she was waiting to hear. It was pretty clear to him she had been hanging out with the cursed one for a while. He could almost read her mind at this point. Yet, he was blessed by the Mother, not cursed like that friend of hers.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

di jun 05, 2018 9:57 pm
with our own human race
His answer wasn’t doing it. He made it sound so casual, yet it was obvious that it wasn’t the case. “I doubt that’s why,” she told him calmly. She’d almost reach out for his arm with her hand, but she decided that was probably the worst thing to do in this situation. She closed her eyes again, forcing her body to stay as still as possible, as her mind started working. At least it distracted her from whatever it was that he was doing with the wound on her side. His skin was cold. Way too cold.

Why did you come here?” she asked, calmly. “How close are you to the Mother, exactly?” she went on. It was a question she had been meaning to ask. Something told her, the way these people spoke about Her, that they knew more than she did. A thought she didn’t like. If she had more knowledge, the right path might open up for her. She might finally know what to do.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Apollo
Apollo
Apollo

Character sheet

di jun 05, 2018 10:09 pm

des monstres l'ont mangé

Where Mercury was known as the Trickster, he sure knew a few ways to work his way around tough questions. He wasn’t one to communicate a lot with Grounders or Outsiders. He rarely left their village. Besides, the Healer didn’t like lying. Telling half truths or giving limited information was his way of avoiding sharing too much. She didn’t buy it. But she didn’t have to. ”My answer is final”, He only replied. She could doubt, guess and ask all she wanted. Some secrets were not to be shared with Grounders, not even with their Commander.

The questions kept coming. It took a while before he answered them both, as he had to stay focused on his magic. ”I’m sure I already shared my reasons. I am a healer. I heal people who are hurt. You are clearly hurt”, He replied, summing it up as if he was explaining it to a child. Still respectfully though. ”And I’m as close to Her as you are”, He then replied to her other question, the same calm tone in his voice. Another truth. With the Mother sleeping in her hiding place, her exact location was equally as close or equally as far to him as it was to her at this moment.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

di jun 05, 2018 10:23 pm
with our own human race
His answer was final. The Commander sighed. That was clear enough, she wasn’t allowed to ask any further. In saying that, he had acknowledged that there was something. He wasn’t hiding the fact that he held a secret she was not supposed to know. That was more than she had expected to get out of this, so she decided to be wise and shut up about it.

Again, the man seemed to speak a truth that wasn’t the full one. “I haven’t seen you heal anyone here before,” she spoke calmly. “Nor do I think any of my people informed you of this situation.” This was exactly why she was the kind of Commander that she was. She was curious. The woman wanted to learn more about the world around her, rather than to be stuck in the one they lived in. Something her people needed to start doing too. “Then how can you say she’s putting her trust in me?” she asked, raising a brow. Perhaps she was here because the Mother had wanted to punish her for screwing up the fight. That had, after all, been what she believed.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Apollo

Apollo
Apollo

Character sheet

di jun 05, 2018 10:42 pm

des monstres l'ont mangé

”We have dwelled these mountains for centuries. Long before your people were gifted these grounds. Nothing happens without us knowing”, He said, his words as vague and cryptic as ever. He could be referring to the tribe as a whole, not himself and his fellow Guardians personally. He didn’t exactly tell her how they knew. They could have been spying on the village, for all she knew. ”I am not speaking for her. I am just fulfilling my duty to Her people, and so are you. She put the same trust in me. She would have the same faith in anyone who needs it to fulfill their purpose, as long as we have faith in Her”, He replied to her other question. ”Or are you trying to say you don’t?” He asked her, with a certain edge in his tone now. In the meantime he finished up the wound on her side, inspecting his work. He hummed softly to himself, satisfied with the results. Then he moved on to her arm.

The Healer unwrapped the bandage this time, revealing a similar wound as the one on her side, but not that severe. ”I will heal the burn, but the cut will be yours to deal with. Learn your lessons”, He said, fixing her with his pale eyes as he spoke. ”Let the scar be a reminder to be more careful next time”, He continued. She shouldn’t expect him to run down his mountain every few weeks because she got herself into trouble.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

di jun 05, 2018 11:00 pm
with our own human race
This man was avoiding to answer her directly. She wasn’t buying it, but the hint was clear. Don’t ask questions. They were here with her, not against her. That was all she needed to know. At least, she was sure that was how the man thought. He let her know that he was here in Her name, trying to push the question back on her. The Commander sighed, shaking her head softly. “Can’t say my faith is endless,” she spoke calmly. Honesty, one that could kill her someday. “If nothing happens without you knowing,” she decided to start. This could go badly, but she was curious. “What’s your opinion on… me?” she asked. “My ways.” As she was one of the first Commanders to stray from the path her people believed to be right. If this man knew everything, he knew that she had been more open to outsiders. After all, he had seen Mort in this room.

She would have to be more careful, had to learn her lessons. “I will,” she told him calmly. “I just hope the battle had any effect.” If it would be useless, it would hurt a lot more than the wound ever could. She hoped that she could at least light a spark in her people, let them consider the idea. Not much more than that.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Apollo

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: