welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

On my knees - Pagina 11 Empty Re: On my knees

do mei 31, 2018 6:03 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO
when you’re still holding on

Apparently it was not fun enough for her. Her expression made him laugh. ”I thought you had fun when I was sitting behind you yesterday?” He then said, a teasing smirk around his lips. He hadn’t heard her complain, as far as he could remember. Next time would come around though, if she really wanted him to ride, they could do that later. When she mentioned he would have to cheer her up, he fixed her with intense blue eyes for a second. They were still alone, weren’t they? The vampire closed the distance between them and cupped her face with his hands. He kissed her intensely and slowly pulled away afterwards. ”That’s just a taste of what’s waiting for you tonight”, He said with a mischievous smile.

They were wasting time again, however. After Lexa mounted the horse, he jumped behind her again. A bit more confident than yesterday, but he still made sure to hold her tightly. Not because he really had to, but because he wanted to. He would take some distance when they were close to the Heart. For now, he held on to her and rested his chin softly on her shoulder. ”What do you think is going on?” He asked her. It had to be important, right? Otherwise they wouldn’t come fetch her in the Watch.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:23 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

do mei 31, 2018 11:25 pm
We're standing face-to-face
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
Mort walked up to her and his hands touched her face, causing an immediate smile. Her heart jumped a beat as he kissed her and she gladly went with it. There was no way that she was ever going to grow tired of the feeling he gave her with every touch. So when he pulled away, naturally, she sighed. His words however, put a new smile on her face. By the Mother. Now she wanted to go back in immediately. “Better make this quick, then,” she decided. There was no way she was going to be able to avoid her duties, after all. And the only way this was going to work, was if she could actually get herself to perform those duties.

The horse started walking as soon as Mort rested his chin on her shoulder. “I have no idea,” she told him. “But it won’t be fun to watch,” she warned him after, giving the horse some encouragement so she would pick up the speed. A part of her feared for what would be waiting for her at the village. It could be everything. From a bunch of strayed strangers they didn’t trust, to a bunch of thieves or murderers tied to a pole, waiting for her judgment. Fun times, to say the least.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 12:44 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

His little motivation sure had an effect on her. Her heartbeat couldn’t hide her excitement and it caused a warm wave of satisfaction to wash over him again. Would he ever get enough of this? Spoiler: no. He nodded in agreement with her. The sooner they got there, the sooner they could come back. Though he was somewhat curious to the reason they needed her assistance back in Mother’s Heart. If they asked for the Commander, it had to be serious business. Her warning made him prepare mentally for what would come, even though he had no idea what to expect.

Astral picked up the pace and soon they were travelling through the forest again. Lexa barely needed to give the horse directions, as it ran straight to the village. On their way, he didn’t say much. He just tried to recognise the environment, feeling slightly proud when he did. One day, he would probably be able to find his own way as effortlessly as she did. It wasn’t as if he didn’t have the time, was it? The walls of the Heart soon came in sight, and the guards by the gate quickly opened it to let the horse through. When they finally stopped, Mort jumped down and waited for Lexa to take the lead. He would follow her subtly, hoping he wouldn’t attract too much attention while she was dealing with whatever she was called here for.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 1:17 am
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
After handing Astral to a guard and telling him she’d have his head if he wasn’t careful with her, she had led the way. She walked through the village, passing by the square. No one there, so that meant… A sigh sounded and she walked up the stairs, into what you would call her throne room. Also the place she and Mort had met again the day before. Where she had pledged allegiance to the vampire. Where they had given each other a second chance. A faint smile appeared on her face as she entered the throne room, slowly turning towards Mort. “Please join the others and watch. If… Feel free to walk away if you do not agree with anything that goes down today,” she told him. Please walk away if you don’t want to see the Commander again. She didn’t want him to remember what she did to his brother if this day was going to be anything like that.

The Commander sat down on her throne and looked at the few people who had gathered on the sides of the throne room. Not many. Mostly guards, as the regular citizen was not welcome in the throne room. While Mort would be a bit out of place with the guards, she knew that all of them would be busy with what was happening right now. Soon enough, two guards came walking in, a man in the middle. They both held him by one arm, throwing him on the ground before her feet when they got close enough. “Speak, my child,” she spoke calmly, though she had an idea of what was going on. The fury in the eyes of the man who kneeled in front of her, made perfectly clear what he was on about. Yet, he was quiet for a bit. Just stared at her with this intense hatred. As if she had personally done something to hurt him.

‘You’ve allowed multiple strangers into our home, Commander,’ the man spoke. Oh, boy. ‘You’ve spent a long time away from Vanaheim and suddenly these unbelievers are found left and right!’ he went on. Lexa slowly raised a brow, leaning forward in her throne as the man hissed at her. ‘We can not let them infect our village, wait for them to come in and...’ He wanted to go on, but Lexa cleared her throat, interrupting him in his sentence. “I don’t want to hear any more of it,” she spoke, her voice as strict as ever. “The day I became Commander, our gates opened to everyone. If this is a problem to you, your issue lies with me.” The man stood up after these words, setting a step towards her. The guards immediately grabbed his arms, but Lexa raised her hand, telling them to stand down. “Speak,” she commanded the man. She knew exactly what was coming.

‘I challenge the Commander.’

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 9:49 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

The atmosphere in the village was different than yesterday. Suddenly he wasn’t the newest scandal anymore, which caused the attention to shift away from him. Which wasn’t all that bad, but it wasn’t good either. It didn’t quite predict anything nice, as she had warned him earlier. The vampire followed her through the village. Her attitude had changed again, he could clearly see it in her pace and the way she carried herself. They entered the throne room again, and she turned around to him with a barely visible smile. He nodded at her words, biting his tongue softly. Of course he didn’t expect her to hold back because of him. He wouldn’t want her too either. She was the Commander and she needed to do what she had to do.

Mort did as he was told and kept himself in the background for the time being. A man was dragged in and forced to kneel down in front of the throne she sat on. He followed the conversation with a heavy heart. The familiar feeling of stress settled in his stomach. When he finally revealed his true intention, the vampire softly gasped for air. He clenched his jaw right after, but luckily all the attention was directed at the man. The guards started whispering, some clearly angry but others slightly agreeing. The vampire kept his blue eyes fixed on Lexa though. Her policy of being open to outsiders had finally come to turning against her, and he couldn’t help but feel a bit guilty about it too.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 12:24 pm
with our own human race
The Commander could hear how the room divided in two. Those who agreed with the man and thought that Lexa had done wrong. Their agreements were soft, barely noticeable, but she could see it in their eyes. How they felt like truth was finally put on the table. The others, however, were angry. One of the guards called for the head of this traitor, but Lexa slowly shook her head. “I will accept your challenge,” she spoke, her voice calm. “You know the rules. Will you fight yourself or will you let a warrior do it for you?” she went on. ‘I will fight myself,’ he answered instantly. Good.

It was acceptable in Vanaheim to challenge a Commander to their rank. If you won, the next Commander in line would take over and the winner of the Challenge would immediately get a seat as advisor, there to guide the new Commander to a path they agreed on. As the Conclave hadn’t been yet, this meant that if she lost, she would not get to guide the new Commander to her paths. The new Commander would be his to guide. Which would, clearly, mean that they would go back to the ways of the previous Commander. The man who was convinced every outsider was plotting war against them.

‘I will fight for you, Commander,’ a voice sounded. Lexa looked up, watching how one of her guards stepped forward and kneeled. He was not just a guard. He was one of the men that had trained her when she was still a child. When she hadn’t met Arawn yet. He had been a smith at the time, but had sworn to protect his new Commander. He was capable, definitely. “The issue lies with my beliefs,” Lexa calmly answered. “And I can feel that he is not alone in this. I think it is time we let the Mother decide what path we walk from here.” For a few seconds, she fell quiet, giving her guard the chance to stand up again. “So I will not ask for a Warrior. Instead, I will accept your Challenge myself,” she told the man, looking him straight in the eye as she spoke. “If this is where my Command ends, so be it,” she spoke to the guard, who clearly seemed to disagree with her decision. “But I stand behind my decisions and I believe She does as well.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort

Laatst aangepast door Lexa op vr jun 01, 2018 1:11 pm; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 1:01 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

This was, again, a turning point. It made clear how the people of Vanaheim felt about the current conduct in their country. How they truly felt about their Commander and her decisions. She kept calm under the commotion, her attention still focused on the challenger in front of her. One of the guards suggested to just execute him and get it over with, but she disagreed. She accepted the challenge. Mort could feel his heart sink. It was a good thing he didn’t necessarily have to breathe, cause it felt like someone was squeezing his throat. Panic.

A man stepped forward and knelt down as well, offering to fight in her place. As he expected, the Commander declined. She would take on the challenger herself. The vampire turned his gaze down, knowing he wouldn’t be able to hide the fear in them if someone was to look his way. If she wasn’t confident she could win this, she wouldn’t accept the challenge right? Though, what if. Could he really just stand there and watch her get killed? Would he run away? Interfere? The man was clearly struggling, and the guilt was consuming him even more. He dared not speak up though, knowing it would only make the situation much worse.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 2:53 pm
with our own human race
Fully aware that this might be her last day on this planet, Lexa had to keep herself from looking at Mort. She wanted to know his reaction to all of this, but at the same time she didn’t. After all, she could guess. There was no way where he would like the idea of her fighting to the death at this moment. But, it was her job. This was something she had to do herself. No one could fight this battle for her. This was something that had been going on for longer. As time passed, she had accepted outsiders to trade in Vanaheim and to look around, as long as they did not cause any issues. Helios and Mort being the most recent ones. Not everyone accepted this change and it had been cause of conflict a few times already. But now, finally, she could prove that the Mother was on her side. And if She wasn’t, she would know.

‘Let’s take this outside, then.’ There it was. No time to prepare. The Commander raised a brow. Her current attire was fine for battle, though she wished she had some more protection around the waist. No matter what, she didn’t plan to back down and to delay this any longer would be unwanted. The man walked away and Lexa sighed, walking out of the throne room. As she passed by Mort, she threw him a quick glare. This would be bloody.

It seemed like people had already gathered around the square in front of it, cheering. They didn’t quite seem to cheer for any of them, were mostly excited because it had been a while since their Commander had been in action. ‘There are no rules,’ one of the guards spoke, as the two stood in the middle of the field. ‘May the Mother guide you both.’ Lexa took a deep breath in and allowed her eyes to scan the people around. This was not going to be fun, but it was absolutely needed. She needed to show her people that the Mother believed in what she was doing. And if She didn’t? The Commander clenched her teeth at the thought. Then she would just pray that Mort would forgive her and that the next Commander would do better.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 3:28 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

The inner conflict he had was almost making him nauseous. It felt like he was being torn apart. There was nothing he could do to stop the sheer terror crawling up his spine, making his body feel numb and in pain all at once. Staying seemed like a bad idea. There would be blood involved, that was for sure, and he hadn’t fed in two days. He wasn’t particularly thirsty, though the burning feeling in his throat was always present. He just had gotten used to it enough to be able to ignore it. When they would spill blood though, he knew the monster would wake and urge him to hunt. It would be hard to fight, even if he knew it would come and he could kind of prepare for it. He would just have to focus. And that would be the most difficult part.

The thought that he might lose her today, hurt him in ways he didn’t know existed. He knew it would be sooner than later, but he hadn’t thought it could be this soon. Yesterday, he had promised to stay by her side for the rest of the time she had. And he knew he would. But he had made that promise counting on at least some years. The reality of how close it could be, now hit him full force. All these thoughts had frozen him in time, so hard he was forgetting to breathe. It was only when he saw those ocean eyes for a second, he was pulled back into the present.

The young vampire followed the group, and when they all gathered around the square, Mort kind of hid himself behind them. Despite everything, he would honour his promise to her. He would stay here and watch her die, if he had to. He inhaled deeply a couple of times, trying to calm his nerves. Suppress the fear so he could make sure he would be able to contain himself once the fight started. Blue eyes darted around, keeping her in sight while scanning his surroundings in the meantime. When the first battle cry sounded, he clenched his jaw. This would be a bloody mess, so he better be ready for it.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 9:40 pm
with our own human race
Two swords versus a spear. In this case, she was quite lucky. She was a very experienced fighter when it came to spears too, so she was hoping to be able to predict a lot of his actions. It was when people used the heavier tools, that she found it somewhat more difficult to predict. Lucky for her, the heavier the weapon the slower they usually were. The spear the man had seemed well-made. Light, but wouldn’t break without a fight. Lexa took a few steps away from the man. Now it was time to show why she was the Commander.

The first lunge was her opponent. He swung the spear high up, giving the Commander room to dodge by bending forward, feeling the spear move right over her back. She immediately stood straight up again, taking a step backwards as she dodged the next one. His eyes gave away his next move, giving her time to take a step sideways when he tried to go for her right. Lexa turned around and immediately struck, hitting the man in his upper arm with her sword. She tried delivering a second blow, but this one was blocked by the spear. Quick as he was, the man pulled back his spear and managed to slam one sword out of her hand, causing it to land on the ground. Cheering sounded as her opponent smiled at her. This was what they wanted: an exciting fight.

Again, her opponent came at her. His eyes gave away his movement before he even made it, so she took a step backwards and managed to dodge the lunge for her stomach. It seemed he had paid attention to the fact that her current attire did not have much armor, striking for the spots that were vulnerable. His next blow, however, managed to hit her on her upper arm. Not causing any blood, but giving him the chance at the next blow, going for her feet. Within a second, the Commander was lying on her back, one sword in hand and the man ready to deliver the final blow. The cheers stopped, as anxiety seemed to fill the air around them.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 9:58 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

The vibes around him were actually kind of cheerful. Most of these people seemed to enjoy the battle that was going on. He hoped it was because it was breaking the boredom of their regular days. It looked like the whole village had gathered here, exchanging their daily jobs for the spectacle. Mort didn’t get why they were cheering though. Were they actually rooting for the challenger to win, or was it because they got excited by the fight itself? He hoped it was the second reason. He didn’t quite understand why though. To him, this was not entertainment. This was serious business. If just one little thing went wrong, it could mean he would have to lose the love of his life today.

The scent of blood was carried towards him by a light breeze. He knew it wasn’t hers, as he had smelled it before. It didn’t mean it wasn’t inducing the thirst though. He exhaled through his nose and decided to hold his breath. No one was really paying attention to him anyway, as the battle was unfolding at a fast pace now. When she hit the ground, the vampire inhaled sharply, gasping for air as he could feel the panic take over again. Along with the scent of blood it was hard to control himself.

The situation was strangely familiar. He couldn’t see the irony in it though. The challenger was about to stab her chest, in the exact same way as she had almost executed his brother. This time though, there was nothing he could do. If he stopped the fight, it would only make the matters much worse. She would lose all her dignity and reputation. So he folded his hands behind his back, grabbing his own wrist to keep himself from dashing forward. ”Please get up”, He mumbled through clenched teeth. Barely audible. Blue eyes were full of fear and anticipated sadness. She had to get up.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 10:18 pm
with our own human race
It was his ego that ruined his chance. He raised his spear, making himself ready for the final blow. In a quick movement, Lexa raised her feet and kicked the man in his stomach, causing him to take a step backward. In the blink of an eye, she got herself back up on her feet. This seemed to enrage the man. His ego was ruined. He could have won, had the chance to end this all. Yet, he had taken a second too long to get ready, had wasted his opportunity. Now he had to do it all over again. He rushed into it this time, giving the Commander the chance to avoid his blow again. Sadly, it seemed he had anticipated that. In a quick movement, he turned the spear and hit the Commander in her wrist, causing her to drop the sword. It landed on the floor and she immediately stepped backwards, now without weapons.

Her opponent tasted victory. He launched at her, now expecting her to not be able to fight back. In an effort to avoid the first blow, she dodged sideways again, but the tip of the spear managed to slide her arm. As she instinctively grabbed it, he once more went for a second hit. This time she was just a bit too slow dodging and the tip of the spear managed to slide past her side. It was quite deep and the blood loss from both wounds was not going to be kind on her. Now fully sure he was going to win, the man planned on another blow. She avoided it by grabbing the spear and delivering a kick to his wrist, causing him to open his hand. In a quick movement, she turned the spear, causing his other hand to let go of it too.

Now she was the one with the weapon. She took the spear in both hands and felt a sharp pain in her side as she did. Quickly, she stepped towards her opponent and struck. He avoided the first hit and grabbed the spear instantly, causing them both to hold it as they stood face to face. The Commander immediately smacked her forehead against his nose, after which her knee hit his weak spot. Hard. He let go of the spear and she hit him in the face with the back of it, causing him to finally land on his back. Unlike he had, she didn’t give him the chance to recover and the spear immediately found its way into his flesh

Your fight is over,” she told her opponent, as she pressed it in deeper. She wasn’t going to allow this to go as it had with Kaz. This had to be over as quickly as possible. So when the man let out his final breath, she had to keep herself from sighing in relief.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 10:48 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Back at the Temple he had told her that he didn’t believe in any gods. Today, he hoped that her Mother was real. So She would be looking out for her while she was fighting for her life. Right in that moment, the Commander swiftly got up again, which seemed to annoy the challenger. Some people in the crowd started laughing at him. It sparked an anger in him, he could see it in his next movements. He was less careful now, charging faster. It was only because of his vampiric abilities he could follow the fight properly. To him it appeared slower than it actually was for a human. That’s how he immediately noticed her getting hurt.

The scent of her blood mixed with the other’s, and he had to bite his tongue so hard to keep his mind off of the hunt. He was focussing so hard on keeping control, he missed half of the fight. His vision was blurred, as if he could only see the heartbeats around him now. Throbbing because of the adrenaline, fear, excitement. It was her voice that made it turn sharp again. One heartbeat stuttered, fought for a few more seconds, and then stopped. Forever.

The vampire pushed himself through the line of guards, driven by the intense urge to protect her. She was bleeding heavily, but for some reason the monster wasn’t pushing him that much to sink his fangs in her neck. As if it knew this woman meant a lot to the human. Blue eyes met her gaze with a mix of worry, fear and relief. And just a little bit of the feral bloodthirst tugging for his attention. He could almost taste the hostile attitude towards him, the outsider that stepped onto the battlefield towards the Commander. But he didn’t bother to pay attention to that now. He just wanted to check if she was alright, which she clearly wasn’t. She was weak, vulnerable. Hopefully none of the challenger’s supporters would step in and finish the job. Otherwise they would have to go through one very dangerous vampire first.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 11:18 pm
with our own human race
The challenger is dead,” the Commander spoke loudly, dropping the spear on the ground. “The Mother has chosen our path and any who opposes it, opposes Her,” she went on, staring into the crowd as she spoke. This was an important moment for her and her people and she had planned on making her speech longer, when the wound on her side got through. The woman fell down on one knee and placed her hand on it, which instantly covered in her own blood. She clenched her teeth. Her eyes fell upon Mort, who had stepped upon the battlefield. Her guards didn’t quite agree with this, as expected. She gave him a nod. I’m okay.

‘Long live the Commander!’ a voice sounded, finally breaking the quiet. The people cheered and the guards smiled. Lexa noticed how a few people left, clearly still disagreeing what had happened, but she had earned back her trust today by showing the Mother was still on her side. By showing that she hadn’t been weakened, was still strong enough to kill those who opposed her. The path from here would still be harsh and she didn’t expect her people to understand what she wanted them to, but every step forward was one that she needed to appreciate.

‘We need to treat your wounds,’ a voice sounded and Lexa looked up, her eyes meeting those of the guard who had offered to fight earlier. She smiled. “I’ll be fine,” she told the man, who immediately raised a brow at her. ‘Yes. Because the doctor is already getting ready,’ he then spoke. Not listening to his words, the Commander nodded towards the vampire. Her vampire. “Let him come,” she told him, before accepting the guard’s hand and ending up back on her feet. She had to fight to not fall again, clenching her teeth as she stood straight. There was no way in hell that she was going to be able to walk back. Now that the adrenaline had vanished and the loss of blood had gotten through to her, she felt like she was going to collapse any second.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

vr jun 01, 2018 11:28 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

It took him every piece of control he had left to not attack the guards that were keeping him from reaching her. They were on the same side. They only wanted to protect her. Especially now, on this very crucial moment. She spoke to the crowd, as only a Commander could. Wounded but not defeated. When she made eye contact, she nodded. An attempt to calm him down. The fact that she was sitting on the ground though, didn’t really make it all too convincing. The vampire turned his gaze down, kept some distance from the guards as they were still trying to push him back. That was until the Commander gave him permission to come closer. After those words, they reluctantly let him pass.

By the time he got to her, she was already standing again. Obviously in pain. Without saying a word, he grabbed her arm and pulled it over his shoulder. With his other hand on her side, he supported her. The warm blood poured over his cold skin, and he tried his best not to focus on the fact that she would be such an easy prey right now. The only thing he would have to do was.. No. Mort turned towards her trusted guard. ”Where is that doctor you speak of?” He asked him. Lexa could protest all she wanted, he would not listen to her. She needed that doctor, and she needed him fast.

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: