welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Apollo
Apollo
Aantal berichten : 42
IC posts : 41

Character sheet
Residence : Mother's Mountains

On my knees - Pagina 16 Empty Re: On my knees

di jun 05, 2018 11:31 pm

NE CHERCHEZ PLUS MON COEUR
des monstres l'ont mangé

Honesty was a trait they wanted in the Commander of the Grounders. Knowing when to keep their mouth shut, was another one. She clearly possessed the first, but she could use some more training in the second. If she only knew. But as said before, some secrets were not to be shared. So he kept his comments to himself. Rather he listened to her following question. ”If my honest opinion matters that much to you”, He started off, while he placed his fingertips carefully around the wound on her arm. He grabbed her wrist with the other, to make sure she wouldn’t move too much. He had promised to heal the burn, but not the cut. He had to make sure he was leading the magic to the right place.

”Your ways are different. If they are better is a whole other matter”, He continued. ”My guess is that your battle will have some influence, yes. As long as you keep your people safe, as that is the job of the Commander, I think they could slowly change”, He said, a faint smile appearing on his lips, one that faded right after. ”Just be sure you don’t get too.. Distracted”, He concluded, as he turned her wrist up and pushed his thumb on one of the two faint scars, caused by fangs. He had seen enough of those to know exactly what they were. She would have to find a balance. And being a Commander meant that she wouldn’t have a lot of time to figure it out either.

Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

wo jun 06, 2018 12:38 am
We're standing face-to-face
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
His honest opinion mattered to her, like everyone’s did. Not only did this man have something scary about him, he also had something that felt… comforting. Like you could trust him, in a way. It was a strange feeling, yet she knew to trust her gut. It had always been right. Her trusting Mort was the perfect example of that. Had she walked on that day, she would have missed every bit of joy the man had brought to her life.

The Mountain Man told her that her ways were different. He told her that he believed the people could slowly change, but only as long as she didn’t get too distracted. The words caused her to raise her brows, watching as he put his fingers on the two scars. “I-” she started, feeling how the blood she had left all rushed to her face. No one knew. “I’m well aware,” she spoke, after regaining herself. “The duty to protect my people comes first. It is not for him that I decided to give outsiders a chance,” she spoke calmly. “It’s because I did that I was lucky enough to meet people like him.” Not just him - Romeo too. And who knew who else she would meet over time. She believed in her decisions and that they would not only be the best for her, but for her people most of all.

Thanks. Not just for the healing,” she spoke eventually, showing the man a faint smile. Knowing he didn’t despise her ways, gave her some faith that it might indeed be the correct path she walked. Which meant she needed to talk to her people soon.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Apollo
Apollo
Apollo
Aantal berichten : 42
IC posts : 41

Character sheet
Residence : Mother's Mountains

wo jun 06, 2018 12:54 am

NE CHERCHEZ PLUS MON COEUR
des monstres l'ont mangé

Yes, he knew. He had seen the bitemark on her wrist, as well as the one on her neck. And not only that, he had seen the bruises, too. He was centuries old. There was not much he hadn’t seen at least once in his lifetime. He did not judge. As long as it wasn’t in spite of her duty as Commander. She assured him it wasn’t. For now, that was enough for him. He was not entirely sure yet if he would report this to his fellow Commanders. When it started to become a problem though, he would. His loyalty wasn’t divided, after all.

After her words, Apollo got up and bowed once more. ”My pleasure”, He replied. His job here was done. So he turned around and walked over to the exit. When he entered the throne room, he saw the cursed one pacing around aimlessly. For a second, he fixed him with pale blue eyes. He opened his mouth to speak, but reconsidered and only shook his head slightly. No. This was not his business. So with a last stern look, he walked out of the building and started his journey back home.

Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

wo jun 06, 2018 12:55 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO
when you’re still holding on

As soon as he could hear the door to her room open, Mort turned his attention to the hallway. There he was again. When their gaze met, he felt a shiver go down his spine. Of course he had heard the conversation. Though, he was none the wiser as to who this person was exactly. Only that he was one of the Guardians of Vanaheim Lexa had told him about. One that would perhaps be pretty pissed off and judgemental about his presence here, even though he had not heard him being displeased about it to the Commander.

When the male disappeared, Mort flashed back to her room at vampire speed. He closed the door behind him, yet he didn’t step further. He was well aware of the fact he had left her there, alone with an armed stranger. ”Are you alright?” He asked, worry lacing his voice. ”I wanted to go fetch West but..”, He paused for a second, biting his tongue. ”I realised I was not wearing a shirt”, He continued a bit sheepishly. He didn’t know what was worse. Facing the annoyance of the Guardian, the anger of West or the disappointment of Lexa. He was about to find out if he had made the right choice or not.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:25 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo jun 06, 2018 1:07 am
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
She felt judged. And horribly so. The fact that the doctor had probably also seen the bruises around her neck suddenly made her feel uncomfortable. Gossip spread fast and she felt no need to explain her life’s intensities to her people. So, here she was, hoping that both the doctor and the healer would keep their mouths shut about it. The chances were small, but who knew. She threw Apollo a smile when he spoke, watching him leave without saying much more.

The Commander narrowed her eyes at Mort as he came into the room, shutting the door behind him. His explanation was weak and she wasn’t having it. “You let an armed man enter this room and send you away without a word of protest,” she noted, disappointment dripping from her voice as she let out a deep sigh. Mort had rarely disappointed her. All ended up fine today, but the thought was still there. Not in a million years would she have let someone close to him without them explaining themselves.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo jun 06, 2018 1:17 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

This tall man covered in war paint wasn’t nearly as scary as the one they had met in the Temple. Yet, from the moment he had opened his mouth and ordered him to leave, he had complied without any protest or hesitation. It was more instinctively. He had no explanation to it himself either. He had been armed and Mort didn’t for a second doubt the fact that he was probably as skilled with his weapons as the Warrior in the Temple. He was still a vampire though. Weapons would hurt him but not kill him. So why did he run? It was a complete shot in the dark, but he thought it could be related to the other being so much older. In the same way, he had always obliged to Edmund’s orders too.

It was still no excuse to justify his actions though. He could sense she was not pleased from the moment he entered the room again. So he stayed right where he was, standing by the door. Coming up with another lame excuse. “You let an armed man enter this room and send you away without a word of protest,” She said, clearly disappointed. Mort turned his gaze down and bit his tongue softly. He pulled his hand through his hair nervously. ”I know”, He said quietly, shoulders hanging low. ”I-“, He stammered, not really knowing what to say. Would ‘sorry’ be enough? ”I made a terrible mistake. How can I make it right?” He continued, finally looking back up again to meet her gaze. Damn, he really was a letdown, wasn’t he?

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo jun 06, 2018 1:26 am
with our own human race
The Commander was torn. A part of her was angry at him for doing what he had done. It was stupid and she had no way of understanding why he had done it. She had had no way of protecting herself, had left herself in his hands. Yet, he had left her without a second thought. In the hands of a stranger, to make matters worse. That wasn’t something she was going to forgive quickly. Who knew what the intentions of this man could have been? For all they knew, he could have been disappointed and ended what her challenger couldn’t. Then there was another part in her, which broke in two as soon as his gaze met hers again. Everything about him screamed that he was sorry, that he knew it had been stupid. She never once doubted that he meant the best for her, but she needed to be able to count on him when it came to this too. She needed to know she could count on him.

You can’t,” she simply answered. Like she couldn’t make her mistakes right either. They had to live with what they did and the only thing they could do, was prove they would do better next time. “I expected better.” The words themselves were harsh, even though the tone was soft.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo jun 06, 2018 1:38 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

The disappointment in her voice made him feel horrible. He had let her down when she could have needed him. What if the stranger had had bad intentions? Fair, he probably wouldn’t have been able to stop him anyway. Mort wasn’t particularly skilled in combat. If the other had really wanted to kill her, he most likely would have succeeded. But at least he would have been there to try. Wasn’t that what he had promised? To stay by her side until the day she died, trying to protect her in the meantime? Keeping her safe? Two days later and he had broken that promise already. It was unforgivable.

So he didn’t blame her when she made clear that she wouldn’t forgive him for this mistake. There was no way to fix it, no way to turn it back. The vampire clenched his jaw as he could feel his hands tremble slightly. All his instincts screamed at him to run again, and it took him all his self-control not to. It was true, he was a coward. From the moment it got too hard, he only thought about himself. He would have to do better, as she expected. Mort nodded, too upset to speak up. Like a child receiving a lecture he accepted her anger and disappointment, hoping it would be the last time he would ever have to see this side of her.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo jun 06, 2018 1:57 am
with our own human race
Seeing him like this broke her heart. Her words seemed to reach him just like she had wished. He knew he made a mistake, let it sink in. Every part of her body wanted to get up from this bed, gently place her hands on his cheeks and tell him that it was fine. But, she didn’t. Instead, she looked at him, a slight frown on her face. Nothing more. He was the only person in this world that she trusted with everything she had. Today, he had shown that he wasn’t always capable of living up to this expectation. Completely normal, of course. But, like she had to deal with the scars of her fights. She believed that he needed to feel the consequence, even if it was just for a bit.

I’m still tired,” she told him calmly. Not even still. Now that the burns were taken care of, she was so much more tired. It was still early, so she’d have a chance to sneak in some more rest. Even if she wouldn’t actually sleep, some more time in bed was welcome. She let out a sigh, softly tapping on the bed, signaling him to join her. “Please.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo jun 06, 2018 10:16 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

The mistakes he made were kind of adding up to this larger pile of decisions he regretted. It was impossible to keep look at her for more than three seconds. He was feeling very uncomfortable, as the realisation settled in more. He would go out of his own way to fix it. But Lexa didn’t want him to. She only mentioned how she had expected more of him. There was no way to make it up to her and it hurt him. If there was one person he didn’t want to let down, it was her. And yet, he had. And now he would have to deal with the shame those actions had caused.

When she spoke again, he focused his attention back on her. He was about to suggest going back to the throne room so she could rest, when she patted on the bed. To his surprise, she didn’t send him away. The vampire hesitated for a few seconds before he finally found the courage to walk up to her. He sat down on it, folding his hands and resting them in his lap. For some reason he didn’t dare to lay down with her again. He still hadn’t said a word. It felt out of place to ask her questions now, even though he was curious nonetheless. For a slight moment, it appeared he would break the silence. But the air he had inhaled, slowly escaped his lungs again, and he closed his mouth without saying anything.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo jun 06, 2018 2:36 pm
with our own human race
Mort seemed to hesitate, but eventually walked up to the bed and placed himself on it. With a sigh she pushed herself up. It was weird how the wound felt now. It itched. The wound itself didn’t hurt anymore, yet she could feel that it still… existed. That it still had to heal on the inside. She would have to take it easy, but at least she was able to move again. Taking it easy in this case, meant that she could at least talk to her people. She could sit down on her throne and show them how the Mother had blessed her to continue. If that didn’t encourage them, she didn’t know what could.

She turned towards him and gently pressed her lips in the curve of his neck, wrapping her arms around his waist. “You’re an idiot,” she told him, her voice again nothing more than a soft whisper. She smiled, leaning her chin on his shoulder. His cold touch… How she hoped that it would never stop creating that flame underneath her skin, warming her up from the inside. “I assume you heard everything?

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo jun 06, 2018 3:55 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Out of reflex he wanted to tell her to stay down, but she seemed.. Fine. The expression of pain was gone, and she didn’t make any alarming sounds. It was a miracle. A blessing. Meanwhile he wasn’t doing that great. The thirst was annoying. Not painful yet, but all too obviously present. The fact that he was also struggling with the shame wasn’t helping either. At least she still allowed him to come near her. Even more so, she pressed a gentle kiss on his neck, while wrapping her arms around his waist. “You’re an idiot,” She whispered. A faint smile graced his lips. He only hummed softly while he placed his hand on top of hers. It was true, he sure was.

“I assume you heard everything?” She asked him. The vampire turned his head slightly towards her, focusing his blue gaze on her. ”It was kind of hard not to”, He admitted with a little apologetic grin. It hadn’t been his intention to eavesdrop. ”So he truly healed you? How’s the pain?” He asked, a question he had wanted to ask earlier. It appeared that she wasn’t in that much pain anymore, as she was sitting up. At least her wish to speak to the people would come true now.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo jun 06, 2018 4:34 pm
with our own human race
Mort admitted that it had been hard not to listen in, causing her to grin. Sure it was. When he asked about the pain, she sighed. “He healed the burns,” she calmly explained. “I can still feel it and the skin feels... weird,” she admitted. It was weird to have been in such pain minutes ago and feel mostly fine now. Surely, someone not used to physical pain would probably be a lot more impressed by the stinging feeling she still had under her skin. But, after sitting through the pain of the burned skin, she felt relieved more than anything. This was so much better.

I’ll be able to talk to my people later,” she told him, a faint smile on her lips. She would have done so anyways, but it would have been a lot more difficult and probably not the best idea for her own health. “But for now…” she spoke, softly pressing another kiss in his neck. “For now I’ll just hope you won’t run out again if West looks at you angrily.” A playful shimmer appeared in her eyes as she smiled. There was no way she could stay mad at a puppy like himself, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t rub his mistakes in.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

wo jun 06, 2018 4:55 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

The sudden appearance of the Mountain Man had sure left an impression. It felt like he still hadn’t left the room. As if his presence would linger for a while longer. Luckily it all had been for a good cause. The burns were healed and she was apparently feeling better. Not great yet, but better. It was all he needed to hear. When she mentioned speaking to her people, he huffed lightly. ”You would have done so anyway”, He noted, clearly not pleased about it. But he would let her do whatever she wanted, even if he didn’t really agree. At least she wouldn’t suffer tremendously while pushing herself so hard. So stubborn.

“But for now…” She started, speaking softly after which she pressed another kiss on his skin. “For now I’ll just hope you won’t run out again if West looks at you angrily.” She said playfully, obviously teasing him. Mort hummed offended. How dare she! With a hurt expression he looked at her. ”I don’t think West would give me the time to run”, He then said, lightly amused. After that he pouted. ”You’re mean though”, He complained. She wouldn’t let him live, would she? Good thing he was already dead.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

wo jun 06, 2018 5:05 pm
with our own human race
She would have done so anyway. “I’m glad you’re aware,” she told him, smiling. Of course she would have. The duty she had to her people came before all else, even her own health. If she had to sit through pain to talk to them, she would. There was no reason not to. As long as she would survive, all would be good. The burns wouldn’t kill her. Though her stubborn behaviour wouldn’t exactly help the healing process either. But, that would have been a worry for later. Luckily, now that her burns were healed, sitting on her throne should not be a problem at all. After the talk, she could disappear into the Watch for a bit and heal up properly. Not that she would. But it was a possibility.

West wouldn’t give him time to run. “West is old, you can outrun him,” she responded, as if he couldn’t outrun everyone here with his vampiric abilities anyway. He told her she was mean, to which she smiled proudly. “What are you going to do about it?” she asked, raising her brows in amusement. He deserved the teasing, oh he did.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: