welcome
Fallen Skies is een 'high fantasy Textbased-RPG' die zich afspeelt in een mytische wereld vol wonderlijke wezens, monsters en magie. Het land verdeeld onder zes koningkrijken is altijd bewegend en beïnvloedbaar. Het kan zomaar zijn dat jij de held wordt van het gehele land of misschien zelfs de grootste terreur die Fallen Skies ooit meegemaakt heeft. Alles is mogelijk in deze gevaarlijk mooie wereld. En niets is gek genoeg.
map
season
De ondraaglijke hitte kan maar één ding betekenen. Zomer is in het land. En met regen dat over geheel Fallen Skies uitblijft ziet het er niet goed uit voor de boeren en minderbedeelden.
current event
Een onbekende ziekte teistert Fallen Skies. Niemand blijkt veilig te zijn voor de verwoestende dood die Queen Dacosta meegenomen lijkt te hebben. Is er een mogelijkheid om te overleven, of is iedereen ter dood veroordeeld?
staff
List of the current city rulers: click here
Account switch
Gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

credits
©2017 Fallen Skies staat onder leiding van het team en wordt ondersteund door Actieforum. Alle teksten, beelden, codes en plotlijnen zijn auteursrechtelijk beschermt door de desbetreffende eigenaar.

Vorige onderwerpGa naar benedenVolgende onderwerp
Mort Lennox
Aantal berichten : 571
IC posts : 566

Character sheet
Residence : Isla de Juegas

On my knees - Pagina 9 Empty Re: On my knees

ma mei 28, 2018 1:40 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO
when you’re still holding on

Now they had had this conversation, the vampire actually felt a lot better. He wasn’t too fond of uncertainties. It made him worry too much. And with all the time a vampire had, he sometimes got more stuck in a moment than it was good for him. It was one of those things he would have to work on, he realised. He couldn’t have an unsteady mind. He still had to battle the monster inside of him, and if he was distracted.. Things could go horribly wrong. As long as he was with her though, all was fine. She kept him safe in a way too.

The intense wave of emotions crashed down on him, but he let it happen. There was no shame in crying, not when it came to her. He just felt relieved, hopeful. For now she would be his purpose. Until the day she died, then he would need to find another. He was at peace with it though. It would hurt, yes, and it would hurt him for a very long time. Yet there was no doubt at all, no second thoughts. “You’re too good for this world,” She whispered. Mort chuckled softly, while he wiped some tears of his cheek. ”You’re tired, you’re saying silly things”, He joked, trying to clear up the atmosphere again. The day he stopped making jokes would be the day he was truly dead.

Laatst aangepast door Mort Lennox op ma jul 09, 2018 12:23 am; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Lexa
Lexa
Aantal berichten : 559
IC posts : 503

Character sheet
Residence : Mothers watch

ma mei 28, 2018 3:06 pm
We're standing face-to-face
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
Love. Would she ever be able to truly admit how deeply she had fallen for him? Or was it only through her actions that she dared to admit? This man gave her so many answers, yet even more questions to ask. The candle he burned inside revealed a part of her she never knew she had, a part she wasn’t quite sure about. Did she want to get to know it better, or was it wise to leave it where it was, rotting in the dark until the day she died? She knew that was no longer an option. Not with him.

Mort joked and she slightly shook her head, looking up at him as she smiled. “I’m not,” she whispered softly. “You are… pure. Never change,” she whispered on, before closing her eyes again. The part that she was tired was true. It had been a long day, after all. One of many emotions. It was a strange thought to remember how they had started the day. Mort on his knees, seemingly having lost all hope… It was an image she never wanted to see again.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

ma mei 28, 2018 4:57 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

When she would sleep, he would be alone with his thoughts again. He wasn’t afraid of them though. Today had been a long day. So much things had happened. He had some things to sort out. And with her around, at least not all his thoughts would be bad. She seemed to repress those with her presence. He had needed it badly. This safe space only she could provide. Running away from his problems back home had been a decision he hadn’t necessarily wanted to make, but he had needed it nonetheless. He wanted to fix it. All of it. Only then he could be the man he had been before. And it had worked, this second part of his plan. She had apologized and he had forgiven her.

Now the only thing that was left was making up with his brother. But was he ready to face him? Probably not yet. He pushed back the thought when she whispered softly, words he picked up without any effort because of his enhanced hearing. ”Don’t worry, I won’t”, He promised her. The vampire let go of her for just a second, to grab one of the warm pelts that were scattered around on the bed. He wrapped it around her, so she wouldn’t get cold. ”Now sleep, I’ll keep guard”, He said when he was done, holding the Lexa burrito in his arms again.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

ma mei 28, 2018 8:51 pm
with our own human race
 We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
He turned her into a burrito. Not the worst thing to become. Now that her body had cooled off, she had started to feel the cold of the room. Of his skin. So when the warm pelt wrapped around her, it was a welcome change. His arms around it made it all the better, giving it this overwhelming sense of safety, which just instantly made her even more sleepy. It was like everything outside this room was forgotten once again. Their perfect little bubble was back in place and the worries were for another day. For right now, all she needed was his embrace, his presence.

It was easy to fall asleep like this, so her breathing slowed down quickly enough, for her to fall into a peaceful sleep. With his arms around her, the bad dreams, the nightmares, would at least stay away, giving her a truly peaceful night. Something she could absolutely use. With the thought of Mort hating her and all the mess around the next Conclave and her Second, a truly peaceful night had felt like it was light years away.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

ma mei 28, 2018 10:34 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

There was no feeling better than to have her in his arms right now. Luckily he realised she would get cold, especially when she fell asleep. Her body would go in a lower active mode, which meant it wouldn’t be as warm as usual. So he grabbed one of the pelts and wrapped her up in it. Her skin was still touching his in some places, but at least she wouldn’t sub-cool now. It also had a relaxing effect on her. The vampire could hear her breathing slow down almost immediately after he had wrapped his arms around her again. It brought a smile around his lips. A moment of pure bliss, it was just perfect.

The vampire had promised to keep guard. And he really had tried. For the first time in over a year, he actually fell ‘asleep’ too. A subconscious state where he appeared to be dead. His eyes were closed, his muscles completely relaxed. He didn’t breathe, there was no heartbeat. His mind was completely empty. The male had been so exhausted of all the intense emotions that his body had decided it was time to shut down completely for a while. He didn’t even notice the night had passed by, and Lexa was already waking up again.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

ma mei 28, 2018 10:54 pm
with our own human race
It had been a while since she actually felt rested when she woke up. The sun had already found its way through the curtains by the time she finally opened her eyes. She closed them again immediately, taking a few moments to regain courage and face the light. Literally. After how long she had slept, it took a bit to get used to. Especially since the Commander had gotten used to waking up before sunrise. For a second she felt sad, knowing she would miss the trivial beauty of the early morning in Vanaheim.

Luckily, that sadness faded instantly as she changed position a bit, slowly looking up at the most precious man in her life. He seemed… dead. Frown. It was an interesting sight. Not breathing, the vampire didn’t move a single muscle. He just… was. A smile found its way on her face and she carefully pressed a kiss in his neck, before resting her head in the pillow again and slowly moving her fingers over his beautiful chest. He was… asleep. He was actually resting. It warmed her heart to know that he could do that with her. So she just… looked at him. Appreciating the beauty of it all.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

ma mei 28, 2018 11:17 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

For the first time in forever, he dreamed. Vivid pictures of his imagination. Like a movie playing right in front of his eyes, only for him to see. It was no surprise Lexa was a frequent subject in his dreams. Even in his moment of rest, he was slightly aware of her presence nearby. It was probably the reason why he was ‘asleep’ in the first place. The past few weeks had exhausted him mentally, but he hadn’t been able to find that rest. Not yet. Until tonight. It was almost as if she was recharging him.

All good things came to an end though. When she started drawing random lines on his chest, he sensed the familiar warmth seeping through. Disoriented, the vampire opened his eyes. The room confused him for a second, so he almost slipped into a defensive state. Until he noticed her warm body right next to him, followed by her soothing heartbeat. It took him a while before he could respond to it though. He just laid there, blue eyes fixed on the ceiling. Then, he filled his lungs with air, as if he really craved the oxygen. He finally turned his head towards her, sleepy gaze and all. A smile appeared on his face. ”I fell asleep, didn’t I?” He asked, slightly amused by the realisation. He felt rested though, that was for sure.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

di mei 29, 2018 12:59 am
with our own human race
This man was precious. Looking at him, there was not a part of her that thought of the monster he held inside of him. He was kinder than anyone she knew. And even when she let him take her blood, he had done it as gentle as he possibly could. Yes. He suffered from a curse. He had to hurt people to survive. But, she also knew that it would hurt him. The thought of never feeling perfectly human again… The thought of outliving all the people you loved. Experiencing moments of bliss like they had now, waiting for her to die. Then his heart would break, until he would find someone who would fill her empty space again. Perhaps someone who would have a longer time to spend with him. Someone who wasn’t stuck in a rank she could not get out of. And yet, if he couldn’t turn her, she would die too. All of that until he would finally find someone who could spend eternity with him. She truly hoped he would find it. If anyone deserved that kind of happiness, it was him. For he was still here. Ready to get hurt. And it made her tear up everytime she thought about it.

His voice woke her from her daydream and she showed him a faint smile. “Good morning,” she replied to his question. “How did you sleep?” The smile on her face grew as she asked it. Finally. She could ask him that perfectly normal question that she had been dying to ask. She couldn’t help but feel that it was sheer perfection. His sleepy gaze made her heart skip a beat. Not quite sure what she had done to deserve this kind of luck, but she felt blessed to be spending the time she had in his arms.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

di mei 29, 2018 7:45 am

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Sleep had come by surprise, so naturally he wasn’t quite sure what had happened when he finally woke up again. It had been so long, he wasn’t used to the feeling at all and he hadn’t been prepared for it either. Of course he had enjoyed it though. Still, it took him a while to start up again. Like an old computer that struggled with the process when pushing the power button. When he noticed someone beside him, he quickly made the conclusion it was just Lexa. Luckily for the both of them. He wasn’t a violent person, which was pretty clear by now, but who knew what would happen if he panicked.

When he finally turned around, he was met by a faint smile that grew when she asked the question she hadn’t been able to ask last time. ”It was great”, He replied, a smirk settling around his lips. Mort turned himself on his side, arm loosely on top of her. ”How about you?” He asked her in return. In this moment, he felt more human than he had ever done since the day he had been turned. She made him connect with that side and it was the best feeling ever.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

di mei 29, 2018 3:12 pm
with our own human race
If you looked at them right now, you’d almost be tricked into thinking they were a normal couple. Wrapped up into a burrito, both a sleepy expression on their faces as they smiled at each other. Just this momentary bliss. It was a new day and all the emotions of yesterday had been slept off. She felt refreshed. Her rested mind finally could accept all the decisions that had been made the day before. She was… pleased. For once in her life, she had decided to be selfish. He allowed her to be. While her selfishness turned into selflessness as soon as she looked into his eyes, she still had chosen for herself. The need to be with him had been more important than the fears of the future.

The question how she had slept, raised another smile on her face. “So peacefully,” she replied. There was no doubt that the peaceful feeling had come from him, guarding over her as she slept. Even if he himself had been asleep too. Something that was quite rare. Or at least, he hadn’t done it the previous times they had shared a bed. “I don’t want to leave this bed today,” she complained. They probably would. But it was nice to be in their little bubble of peace for a bit.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

di mei 29, 2018 7:27 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

If he were to practise more, he knew he could ‘sleep’ more often. Edmund had trained himself into doing so. The elder vampire thought it was important. Only if he knew he was safe from any harm at night though, which was pretty much the reason why he had built his mansion so far away from any busy village. He remembered Lexa’s words from when they had first met. Sleeping was a way of processing the day before starting a new one. After yesterday, he knew exactly what she was talking about. He felt refreshed for sure. The vampire had feared he would be alone with his thoughts all night long. Thanks to her, he had actually let his subconsciousness deal with all the emotions and stress he had gone through. Without even having bad dreams about it. What a lucky man he was.

Her smile was the best thing to wake up to. Knowing he was the cause of it, made it even better. “So peacefully,” She replied to his question. Mort let out a satisfied hum. “I don’t want to leave this bed today,” She then said, and he chuckled amused. ”Your advisor will soon have my head too”, He joked. He was yet to meet this woman, but from what he had heard.. She would be quite the challenge to deal with.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

di mei 29, 2018 9:11 pm
with our own human race
Don’t remind me of her existence,” Lexa complained. She loved Arawn. She truly did. The woman had played an insanely important part in her life and she knew that the woman would keep doing that until the day Lexa would die. But Arawn also prioritized their people over anything. She remembered returning from her trip and… it wasn’t the most pleasant welcome, to say the least. If Arawn knew she was spending her time in bed with a vampire… Boy. No, she’d rather burn than face the anger of that woman.

I don’t think she needs to know anything,” she told him with a slight smile. “Arawn is… She never strays from our ways,” she decided to explain. “She’ll scold me for wasting my time after she has ripped my head off my body and put it on a spike.” Another sigh. While the image of Arawn talking to a head on a spike was quite amusing, it wasn’t that unrealistic. Now she definitely didn’t want to leave bed today.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

di mei 29, 2018 10:01 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

Her reaction made the whole thing even funnier. Though he knew he would probably hide behind her if it ever came to the point he had to face the advisor’s judgement. For now, he couldn’t help but tease her a bit. ”She would do that after spiking your head?” He said surprised. Well, that image surely wasn’t one he wanted to have on his mind. The vampire stretched his arm out a bit and gently touched her jaw, cupping her face afterwards. ”Your head doesn’t belong on a spike”, He muttered. ”So no, she doesn’t need to know”, He said with a little smile. Even though he wanted to tell everyone about her, about them, it would be wise to keep it a secret.

Their secret. Mort still couldn’t believe the outcome of the conversation they had yesterday. Thinking about it made him laugh softly. His body was filled with love, a glowing sensation that only grew when he was closer to her. So, naturally, the male lifted himself from the bed and flopped down on top of her. Playfully he pinned her down in the furs, a smirk around his lips. ”How about I distract you from those horrible thoughts, mm?” He hummed, pulling up a brow while waiting for any reaction.

Lexa
Lexa

Character sheet

di mei 29, 2018 10:17 pm
with our own human race
Lexa nodded, pouting. Arawn would behead her first for being with an outsider. And, even worse, a vampire outsider. That would be even more important than the wasted time, so that, obviously, came first. When he touched her face, she snapped out of this thought again and showed him a smile. “I’ll try,” she spoke softly. Of course she would have loved to step up to the woman, joy in her eyes. Telling her how she had found love in a hopeless place. Dammit, Rihanna. Get out of my head. But, she knew she couldn’t. Those were two lives she need to keep apart.

With slight surprise on her face, she looked up to him when he pinned her down again. Distraction, hmm? She took a deep breath in and nodded carefully, softly humming as she did. She opened her mouth to say something, but couldn’t find the words, so ended up pressing her lips together again. Looking up at him like this, he just… overwhelmed her. In an extremely positive way.

NOTES, none
TAGS, Mort
Mort Lennox

Character sheet

di mei 29, 2018 11:17 pm

HOW DO YOU LET GO

They would have to find a balance. Now they had talked it through, it had made things more complicated as well. It didn’t scare him though. Together they would find what would work for them. They had to. They were too involved to turn back now and they both knew that. It sure wasn’t as if he would even want to if he had the chance. No, he had pledged his loyalty to her. Not only to the Commander but also to Lexa. And he wouldn’t break that promise. It also felt like his duty to cheer her up when she was down. So he would try exactly that.

His actions made her speechless, which made him laugh again. She was so easily impressed and he was here for it. ”You’re adorable”, He sighed, a smirk around his lips. Distraction, right. The vampire leaned forward a bit, bright blue eyes shimmering with mischief as he didn’t quite get close enough for their lips to touch just yet.

Gesponsorde inhoud

Vorige onderwerpTerug naar bovenVolgende onderwerp
Soortgelijke onderwerpen
Permissies van dit forum: